/arkg/ Arlk - Survival Evolved General

>We have our own public server:
steamcommunity.com/groups/aqualads#announcements/detail/977666780527697709

>Official FAQ:
steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/613957600545122958/

>Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/arkgeneral (ded?)

>Official Wiki:
ark.gamepedia.com/

>Official Website
survivetheark.com/

>Patch Notes:
steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/594820656447032287/

>Play with /arkg/
Open Steam > View > Servers > Favorites > Add a server 69.162.117.210:27054

>Server Website
arkservers.net/server/69.162.117.210:27054

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=758608778&searchtext=
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for carno's eating your tamed dodo

Why do these threads die so fast

How much milk does a baby wyvern need?

Bullshit ass mantis, who thought death worm spikes where a good idea!?

because more bug repellent passive tames are what everybody wants right

Bugs are cute!
CUTE!

Th for war boy memes

>buy scorched earth because everyone is talking about how fucking hard it is
>i've died twice in 15 hours
you fucking autistic normies are the reason games suck

Honestly most of this thread sucks at the game save for maybe 3 people

W H I PS

A R E

F A I R

The devs have never actually played their game except with cheats. Like when they joined an official server and mysteriously the taming rate suddenly skyrocketed while they were playing and reverted to normal after they left.

The taming speed is complete bullshit on official servers, I don't find it hard to believe at all that the devs speed it up for themselves. I mean you have to literally have no life to do well on an official server, 6+ hours for a decent level tame minimum.

A long time ago my friend was talking about how his tribe and him tamed a max level spino and it took like 19 hours
and I was just like
y tho

That never happened

I WANT TO FUCK A ROCK GOLEM

How?

>How?

With my dick of course.

Can you breed moths? I had a female lay an egg, and it's mate boosted with my male, but setting them to wander does nothing

You just answered your own question senpai
no insects dont breed sadly
>tfw no bred moth and mantis army

I want a giant crab.

Only if it has a weak point you can attack for massive damage.

Oil jars have the same effect as dodorex fire.

Ergo % max hp damage. 15 or so will kill a death worm. Lay splotches of 3 or 4 at a time and use a bird to force it to surface over and over on the fire. You will take hits, so a high level bird is recommended.

Bump with a qt mantis

Anyone have good strategies for stealing wyvern eggs? I've been taming a shitty low level moth to use as a sacrifice. I tame him and put a bunch of levels into speed, steal an egg and get as far away as I can before the dragons eventually catch me. I stay low to the ground and memorize where they kill me, then come back on another moth instantly and grab my bag with the egg

Be careful

pls no die thread

So the public server, how is the population?

>be out on carno
>sandstorm hits
>cant sprint
>attacked by 5 terror birds + 2 dire wolves who are totally unaffected by the storm
>die

haha

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=758608778&searchtext=

So apparently this exists now. That was quick.

wonder if wildcard will try to take it down

Since it's not the map I would think it won't matter

Oh shit the threads are back

Depends on if it made 40 million yet or not, which it probably hasn't.

Does the server in the OP use the new map, by the way? I'm considering trying this game multiplayer. All I've done is fuck around in singleplayer, since the official servers are a mess.The /arkg/ server seems like a good community.

They do, they're good goys.

If I dump enough into speed can I knock out a golem with rockets by just dodging?

Honestly Scorched Earth will always be better then base game. Without the ptere meta and with mobile platforms to a minimum its a nice change of pace. The storms are a nice touch. My favorite is the lighting storm which knocks you down to primitive till its over.

t. Jeremy "Drake" Stieglitz

scorched earth is cool but all of the 'survival' aspects of it pretty much do nothing but increase the grind to staggering levels.

The grind doesn't seem that bad to me.
Adobe is really the only building mat to invest in so the break from metalminding and CP grinding is nice. All you need is a small metal box for secure storage but other than that its a fucking oven. Metal isnt that hard to get its almost everywhere and oil pumps make oil too easy. The only hard grind is the poly because you have to either make it or kill mantis death machines instead of it just being handed to you in the form of penguins.

MOTHS THE CUTEST
ARGENTS AND PTERAS BTFO NO COMING BACK FROM THIS

Moths be a qt

>takes a good 10 minutes to join the server
Really glad they fixed the games issues!

According to steam forums sorched earth was in development since last September, so every single content delay since then, the patches slowing down to monthly, it's been because of the dlc.

Remember when they said they fixed that but they didn't

it is confirmed along with the Gorgonopsid by the devs but still no dossier

Hi, new to /arkg/. Are the official servers still ass? I'm starting to grow lonely faffing around in singleplayer and I'm considering looking at some servers.

Join the one in the OP
I just joined it, come help me out

Can't right now, need to go head to a dinner.

I'll join up tonight, though, and die hard.

WHAT KIND OF SERVERS DO YOU GUYS PREFER

BASE EVERYTHING WITH NORMAL GATHER/TAME/EXP?

5x, 10x, 15x, 20x, 30x, 50x?

DO YOU PREFER NORMAL LEVEL CAPS OR DO YOU LIKE HIGHER LEVEL CAPS?

Do vultures do anything? worth taming?

5x works for me, but I haven't played at rates much higher

5x is best. Anything higher is easy mode.
For some reason primitive+ servers take me 20 minutes.
Also are the non scorched earth maps laggier for anyone else now? I feel like they fucked normal servers to help shill SE but maybe I'm just imagining it.

Excellent in PvP for elite dangerous, but all they do in ark is look pretty on your shoulder and make may spoil faster

Yeah, wyverns will not be a problem at all :^)

Is there even an easy way to get wyverns?

Seems to me that even alpha tribes will have only limited numbers of them.

Wyvern eat bullets like shit, they go down fast so you could just grab an egg and fly back to base where tribe mates wait with assault rifles and auto turrets

>Got the expansion
>Can't actually play for another week and a half

At least by then the wiki will be updated so I can read about everything.

>page 10

You can also just take a shitty flying mount and steal an egg, have a buddy watch from a distance as the dragons catch and eat you. The egg stays in your body bag. Once the dragons retreat back to the nest your friend could grab the egg and bolt if he's got a fast enough mount

Golem or elemental?

Why not both?

Its listed as golem for the saddle but elemental for the creature. I'm getting mixed messages.

>Implying they don't die super easy to turrets and gunfire.

They're a good harasser from a distance but they get in close and they're fucked.
Golems would be the hardest to deal with but a rocket turrets and multi-granades make a good defence against them.

I literally can't play online since I got a second job.
Shitsux

Is there a way to block dino spawns without blocking resources?

>farming deathworms all morning
>finally get enough to tame 104 mantis I saw earlier
>tame it
>try equipping all the tools
>rips everything in half no matter what you put on it, even bare clawed
>got club from drop
>equip club
>bonk a level 40 scorpion out in 3 hits
>want to try mantis for taming and/or wyvern milk
>equip clubs again
>game crash
>15 minute rollback means I spawn flying back to base and fall to my death
>undoes the 2 wyverns I knocked out for milk
I cheated a little to get back to where I was because that's bullshit. I read that it was only sickles and that it was fixed.

Don't equip tools on your mantids, friends.

On a second note, getting Wyvern eggs is surprisingly easy, even solo.

I played official for a while and gave up after I got raided. You spend fucking hours taming shit just to lose it all when people wait until you're offline and then raid you

This MOTHER FUCKER was sitting outside our base murdering a bunch of poor defenseless Carnos.
I made the mistake of opening a gate and it strolled in, and proceeded to do what ever it damn well pleased.
I spent 10 minutes hitting to get it out...
Now its somewhere wandering around the map looking for poor defenseless Carnos to kill.

God damn it Muldoon...

Ok that's it.

I'm gonna fuck a Carno.

>can't tame deathworms

Good taste Nigger

Make then harvest prime meat targets, prime meat lasts for 50 minutes in them, but only when you make them harvest it. Its the only way to get prime in the desert since it spoils so fast, plus they are just like dimorphs, get a cloud of them and you can fucking destroy stuff

So yea they are bretty gud

Nobody? Wondering if I can make a safe spot to farm metal on scorched

How's the server? I'm about to log on and I'm wondering if it's worth making a character and trying it out with you lot.

Its fun. No real pvp yet. Lot of tribe are still getting to end game. Once they get established I assume some of them will go looking for trouble.

Is it just Veeky Forums / /v/ fags, or are there normies, too?

there are normies

Bah. Fine, I'll suck it up and join.

Another night, though, having fun making a cozy adobe ranch.

bumperino

hey sweetie pies (:

where can I illegally "buy" the "dlc"

is primitive plus good

Tfw the server you play on has an admin who cheats
>Been spending my time scoping out the dragons den, managed to steal a few eggs, but they were all low levels
>Meanwhile admin and his friend were trying to tame a rock elemental
>I die several times and lose a few moths, but keep at it until I manage to steal the eggs
>They run out of rocks for their catapult trying to tame a lvl 100 elemental, and one of them has connection issues, so they just force tame it because "we already put in that much effort"
>Trying to figure out an efficient way to get dragon milk, realize it's gonna be easier with more people
>Chat with admin, ask him if he'd help try knocking out dragons or killing an alpha
>"Okay I'll bring my elemental"
>Tell him that the dragons den is deep as shit and he won't be able to climb his elemental out if he falls in
>"That's okay, I'll just make it fly"
>Nigga comes over with his golem flying, killing the dragons no problem and takes his sweet time finding the highest level eggs because there's literally no threat
>He takes the highest one for himself
>Tell him my idea for getting dragon milk by chainboloing dragons and having him and others tranq them
>We do this to two dragons before he starts incubating his egg
>Tell him we're probably gonna need more and should keep going until we have enough
>"Well I killed like 5 alphas and they didn't drop milk for some reason, so I'll just spawn in the milk I was supposed to get"
It's just a bittersweet taste in my mouth that I was the first person to actually get an egg, and the only one to get an egg without cheating, yet the admin has the highest level dragon.
But my egg did have triplets that are only 10 levels under his

Why are you playing on that server, then, if you want to do things legit and the admin's just cunting around with console commands?

When I tried playing it with friends nothing worked properly, placing a pillar from the mod would instantly demolish it while vanilla structures worked. The new arrows would just vanish instead of shooting from a crossbow or normal bow, same with the pitchfork if you tried throwing it. The hunting knife for harvesting extra hide couldn't actually be held so it was unusable.

It's a bit better now after a couple of patch but considerably subpar. Better to wait for a while.

Great they added more fantasy dragon/wyvern/manticore/golem faggotry to the game.

Remember when this game used to be about PREHISTORIC ANIMALS.

I'm more butt-blasted about people calling wyverns "two-legged dragons" than the addition of creatures.

But it was always about fantasy creatures, every animal is a different species than actual paleontological discoveries so they could take artistic liberties, just look at the latin names in the codex.

usually around 10 people on at any time, up to 20 at the hot times. Sometimes it goes higher.

It's officially named the Rock Elemental, but golem is its nickname like how how many other things have shorted names (Triceratops v. Trike for example.).

Same.

Everytime someone calls them a dragon I get mad... the I remember Skyrim is about Dovahkiin Wyvern Born and my head explodes.

Personally I like the addition of more fantasy creatures. Ark had the Dragon for so long anyway...

>Triplets
Oh baby

CRAWLING IN MY SKIN.

I missed those crazy mats requirements

Fantasy creatures are cool and give us more to play with.

My only concern is that they will make 'normal' creatures a waste of time and allow tribes to easily dominate without diverse armies. I don't want wyverns to be the T-rex of the skies whose only counter is ANOTHER wyvern.

Bump with qt mantis

MEME
D
I
N
O
S

how do you go about killing rubble golems in caves?