Driving shoes

Hey Veeky Forums

Im noticing all my shoes are painful as shit whenever I drive for long periods of time. What do you guys wear when you drive? Do you wear specific shoes when you drive your car or do you just wear whatever you have on?

I needed new sneakers so I just ordered these (pic related) because when I googled driving shoes, people said to wear light sneakers

Tl:Dr - What does Veeky Forums wear when they drive?

This, all the time 5/5

Adidas gazelles

top tier

Protip: your driving shoes should not be the shoes you use to walk around in or do work in. They don't have to be "lolracershoes" but they should be comfortable, breathe easily, and have a very thin sole for maximum feeling through the pedals.

So what you do is leave your "driving shoes" in the car and put on your "work shoes" when you're done driving.

Congratz you just bought fake nikes for a real nike price.

Textile vans are gud for walking and driving.

Flyknit 4.0s

Thin enough sole that I can get accurate report from the clutch/pedals, comfy enough to walk around in. Not a full-on driving shoe, but still nice enough to drive in.

Tye thicker the sole, the harder it is to feel the pedals/clutch.

I pretty much main puma suede's all the time, timeless design IMO.

Stiff low-profile rubber transfer good feedback from the clutch and are wearable for daily use.

light and comfy as shit, nice pedal feel

I just checked cuz I do make those mistakes sometimes but I got these for $30 and the nikes are $60 so really, I could get two of them for one pair of nikes

Is there any other choice?

Puma makes some really nice every day driving shoes check them out

Perfect for the upstanding tracksuit.

tigers

Barefoot.

I only wear glorious German shoes when I drive my glorious German car.

are you a girl? i've only seen girls wearing onisukas

Or just any slippers that will only be worn inside your car and at gas stations during your trip.
Moccasins are comfy as fuck.

I wore a pair for most of last year. Great driving shoes, on par with .

Wouldn't be caught dead wearing anything else when driving a car.

These.
Light, narrow, good feel. 10/10 would buy 3rd pair.

I like the Nike flyknits for driving. The flexibility of the sole and mesh makes for a very connected experience, especially when a clutch pedal is involved.

How gay would it be to buy these to drive on the street

I have a pair similar to that, the thick soles make it kind of awkward. Thin soles give you better pedal feel

>Not driving in dagumi balances

>What do you guys wear when you drive?
Workboots. Composite toecap

>Do you wear specific shoes when you drive your car or do you just wear whatever you have on?
I have a pair of specific 'driving shoes', but that's just for when I'm going somewhere that might be muddy. Literally the cheapest trainers I could get on Amazon.
99% of the time, it's my usual everyday workboots.

>wearing shoes
>not barefoot master race

I drive barefoot.

>Typical Summer shoe
>Street cruising in 5 speed Mustang

Flip-flops.

>Typical Winter boot
>Rescuing fools 5-speed half ton 4x4

>8-hour drive to the beach house
>Highway VW with cruise control

that doesnt look grippy at all

Tbh I wear crocs a lot, so I drive with them as well, sometimes I take them off to drive barefoot. I very much like driving in fivefinger shoes, much better feedback than sneakers.

So the general consensus is that Adidas sambas are the way to go?

low sole/rubber like (actually my fav for driving) or just some basic flat bottom vans/adidas

my clutch and brake pedal have those bump things. weird feeling on the toes. I drive barefoot on the random occasion I have to wear dress shoes.

Shame they're only worn by south americans

This is retarded

I have a pair of these but they are made by champion. They are terrible. Especially driving stick. The shoe just bends around the pedal. I wear vans sneakers when I drive. Don't wear these or boots

Superior feel.

Holy fuck, those shoes suck for driving.

I walk, drive, run, climb, hike, and skateboard in the same pair of New Balances, dedicated driving shoes aren't really necessary unless you're seriously racing, in which case things like fire proofing need to be taken into account.

Do you also wear driving gloves and wear a helmet?

pabst blue ribbon shoes

These

How so?

thick soles

Speedcats

I wear Macbeth shoes like this, only cost $30 (in Australia) and they're great for driving in. I also wear vans or Nike/Asic sneakers

I have some first gen nike free
weird to think how they are being aped now

make note that shoes with a heel off set between 10 and 15 mm are good for running in strait line but for little else unless you are on your toes when turning

segmented shoes have gotten a little better but there is still a way to go

Any ideas how to spot the good ones?

Apparently newly produced Sambas are total shit.

Does anyone know if the ones made in Indonesia are better than the ones made in Vietnam? Or the other way round?

they are an outmoded form of volleyball or tennis shoes
the good ones are made of four types of material glued and stitched together as a bridge between the fabric and the base

soul- edging strip- toe cap-
just to name a few

the cheep version has the soul cast and attached to the fabric as one material
but this is now the most normal type

a fatal flaw of this type of shoe is wear around the end of the 1st and 5th metatarsus
the edging and toe cap septate from the fabric round this place
independent of other wear patterns on the soul (fore foot in careful movers) (big toe and back heel in careless movers)

What are those

These are Sperrys

Porsche x adidas ultra boosts

I use vans slip ons. Having a rather large foot, finding a non invasive shoe is even more important.

wow, do you nerds wear racing gloves too?

can confirm, bought me a pair last night because mine were worn to shit, very comfy shoe and nice clutch feel

Any show with a rounded heel is great.

some of them are out of production
pla type 65 encompassing a number of shoes
as do many other brands in terms of size shape and construction depending of their location of manufacture

>wearing separate driving wear and not a onesie

fuccbois step aside

>he has special shoes for driving
>his "driving shoes"

cum on step it up

Samba is always the answer.

Gross, 1v1 me faget

EVERY DAY UNTIL YOU LIKE IT

Leather sambas?

I need new shoes anyway, so I figure I may as well get a pair that drive well

Get the Originals, m8

pic related Lighter and have a thinner sole than the long-tongued ones. Also flatter (no arch support).

The arch support on the samba classics were really uncomfortable for me, even after I removed the foam supports they still hurt.

barefoot 4ever

wearing shoes whilst driving just doesn't feel right to me t.bh

80's as hell.

They're fucking awful.

Cost about the same as adidas and nike, chinese build quality, the sole started craking after 6 months, and the rubber reinforcement of the back got split in two even earlier.

I'm gonna go back to adidas after this.

i like your style

Plenty if you could stop guzzling semen for a minute.

>doesn't wear based chucks
I'm sure your sketchers look great on the bus

>max comfy
I didn't even realize how good they were for driving until I tried using more conventional gym shoes or (god forbid) work boats.

bro chucks are basically sketchers these days.

I do this.
I use my fancy lacoste shoes walking everywhere, and in my starion there are waiting my 7th grade shoes beat and widened to hell and back that weigh like feather and have a thin fucking sole. God, it feels so good driving in them.

autism thread

Legit have heel & toe wear from driving & karting with these.
Skate shoes master race.

>buying the gay ass skate shoe knockoff chucks
>instead of canvas walled all-stars
you're part of the problem.

>anyone who doesn't wear my faggoty shoes automatically wears sketchers

im talking about regular chucks.
thats 8th grade tier.

people pull them off with fits that cater to chucks, but not as an everyday shoe unless you're still 15

>gays, mostly
>prove me wrong

>yfw making this post
[puts on chucks, drives away]

What did he mean by this?

Nope. That wear pattern indicates you walk with your toes pointed outward. Similar to how a fat person slovenly walks.

Enjoy.