/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>legit tinted edition

Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Vids:
>Eric the carfag gets an Inte
youtube.com/watch?v=H0Ij-vONzfA

>Integra on the toegay
youtube.com/watch?v=WwQE-8AYlDk

>When Corey's Prelude hits vtec
youtube.com/watch?v=hxVvx0X-Efc

>user's Skunk 2 Exhaust
youtube.com/watch?v=-xVSz2nTtn8

>Integra chasing a Mustang
youtube.com/watch?v=ZzhOaSjhF0k

>bosozoku car crew
youtu.be/rp2mlyP3bgI/watch?v=V3s0g-tjvPk
>5 things some faggot hears about his Honda
m.youtube.com/watch?v=q3SMFQGJDs0

>;-;7
youtube.com/watch?v=2POTfPE5gfs

>Civic btfo's donkey kong
youtube.com/watch?v=KJ_05b7qRus

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

speedhunters.com/2014/04/kanjo-life-dictates/
speedhunters.com/2012/03/car-spotlight-kanjo-veteran/
youtube.com/watch?v=hnc-JWtYBjg&list=PLyr_eTQASjhTBI_3WpjGIrW0ZeFqwEI-C&index=3
youtube.com/watch?v=qcx2tmAn3Uw
youtube.com/watch?v=CydSDZeZPZE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>that integra type r video
How can honda be so fucking stupid? Are they blind? Do they not see that people genuinely love the cars they made 20 and even 30 years ago? And now today they're only going further from those ideas?
What the FUCK Honda? I really hope the new guy can unfuck the company
We need a Soichiro

The days of cheap, fun the drive NA cars are almost over.

The 86/miata are the last of their kind

Why does nobody care about making fun cars for the masses anymore?

I swear I'm going to be the old man with an old as 50+ year old car with some 90s Honda because I just can't see myself ever wanting these new cars.

>tfw no S660 to join them

Honda is such a tease.

>the ITR would be $35k brand new in today

>tfw there is an actual imported perfect condition 1999 type r for 15k
>cant afford it

>tfw no Beat
It was the last car Mr. Honda approved himself before his last beat.

theres an imported beat for 8.5k too
Fuck me I hate being poor

>tfw I'm poor too

Isn't the CTR welded up like it's bigger brother? Why not import that and perform a heart transplant?

speedhunters.com/2014/04/kanjo-life-dictates/

ITR is faster than CTR though

Iktfb

I'm just happy with my EG.

speedhunters.com/2012/03/car-spotlight-kanjo-veteran/

youtube.com/watch?v=hnc-JWtYBjg&list=PLyr_eTQASjhTBI_3WpjGIrW0ZeFqwEI-C&index=3

That's badass. The police would tear me up if I tried that here. I'm too slow anyway.

Work harder pizza boy and go for dat swap

I'm too jew right now. This engine gotta die before I do anything. Lel

Car not broken but I drove my manager's cursive Honda Sonata. I couldn't see shit bruh. Still like the EG more.

Though the 9th gen Civic felt way better than this.

youtube.com/watch?v=qcx2tmAn3Uw

Finally got my Class A license in the mail (and when I say finally, I mean it took like 1 business day after ordering it).

Pretty much a license to terrorize public roads

just kidding

Lel

This is a previous gen I guess?

>cursive
Hmm?

also workin on another vid, but I'll have to come back to it as I work till 0600. should be able to get er finished sometime tomorrow.

I've already spotted a couple opportunities for some low brow humor so I'll be sure to work that in there as well

I like to call Hyundai cursive Honda because of the badge.

>not a purple S license
get with the times breh

Holy shit guys, this might be it. Down pouring, hail, tornado in the area. Nice knowing ya'll

Where's that at? It was raining pretty bad here this morning.

I'm up in Minnesoter

It was nice knowing ya user

Good luck m8.

REAL NIGGA HOURS WHO THE FUCK UP?!

Ayy I'm up just got some groceries and some gas.

Ayy the downpour and thunder finally made it to Illinois
Hope you're still alive m8

Are the 3rd world honda cars ok to be added in the collage?

Yes so join the collage today m8

Maybe tomorrow.

sup /hg/
im looking at getting a civic ek as a project car
i want to swap it but i dont know which engine yet
i was thinking about a b16 since i want to go turbo and i hear they like forced induction
i want to have vtec too. what engine would you recommend ?

k20

IMAGINE
YOU'RE DRIVER
RACING DRIVER!!
YOU HAVE A VTEC?
UP UP TO
10,000 RPM
IMAGINE!
STEP STEP!

It's time to stop doing crack, user.

Is it tomorrow yet

Got a new alternator from the junkyard. Gonna install that bitch into the Corolla tonight.

Also hit my top speed. I think the ECU stops it? That's my guess if it's still the CX ECU.

Pic. Top speed is below current speed.

Ayy that's about the same top speed I hit on my civic.

What RPM is it at? I feel like it has way more in it but the car jerked and stopped me from accelerating further. I was at maybe 4.5K.

I don't remember it was two years ago lol. Different trans so different rpm. I felt like it could've kept going though. I was going 105 on the GPS but 115 on the gauge.

I must've hit fuel cutoff. Hell my old auto Civic hit 110 and was only stopped by traffic.

My gsr can get just over 230kmh so about 140mph, at about 7.5k.

Did you hit that speed or just looked it up?

I've hit it a couple times, lots of long straight roads in Alberta.

Wouldn't trust the speedometer though. Still pretty impressive.

I had a passenger check with gps when I was going 200kmh once it was reading 198 so mines not to far off. But ya I was surprised considering my car as almost 300k km on it.

See how you like the engine that's in it.

I'm thinking about buying another civic. My parents are going to be pissed if I do because that'll be 3 POS cars of mine on the property. I have my Subaru listed up for sale though.

ITS STILL FOR SALE

Aww shit. One month left?

I'm gonna sell my ej8 I think... Im at an impasse. I'd like to get a newer car but she's never done be wrong.
Then again I hate not being able to just take my car whenever on account of thieves. I'd like to get a tl type s but they're beat to shit now. I'm strongly considering getting an infiniti but Damn.
Sorry blog post.

I also don't want it to go to the wrong hands. I baby the shit out of her.

3 is the maximum number of cars I'd get.

Is your car in the collage?

Hi Corey how's iracing

Maybe sooner
What?

Man I totally forgot to mention I saw a first gen CRX at the junkyard. Never even saw one in person before so that sucks.

Oh right you're not Corey
My bad m8

Yea haven't seen one in person ever.
>tfw you will never see a clean A E R O D E C K

At this rate Verv will have them all to himself.

I did see a fifth gen Prelude on the way there with the entire AutoZone rice aisle on it. HUGE ass wing too. I might go back that way and get a pic. I think the owner was parked at work.

whats the best suspension for the 89 crx and dc2/dc4 integra for the track. me and my brother are looking for new camber kits made for circuit racing. thanks :]

Not racelands

i heard skunk was really bad for circuit and was only good for stancefagging

That is correct

it's highly dependent on what car you're getting them for AND what iteration of the product you're looking is (e.g., v1, v2, v3...)

what makes skunk2 so retarded as a company is that they rush their products to market with bad design, then everyone goes to the internet to complain, then they release another version that is like 5 times better, but by that time their reputation has already been soiled.

That, and if you ever call their customer service, some rude pothead that doesn't know fuck about cars always answers and repeats three sentences over and over again: "yeah, I think?" "uhh, I don't know" "ok, I guess"

fuck it, it's probably just easier to buy from another company. Although, I will say that I have had very good results with their stuff.

Hey Shingu
have you ever considered sticking a small turbo on your Civic? Not anything to blow your engine but just for more get up and go? I have an EG hatch series and was considering it

If I had the extra cash it mite b cool. Probably at low boost for fun noises. I honestly am pretty satisfied with the power my engine makes since 95 percent of my driving is city for work. I think a Hondata would do a lot for it though.

gsr motor (b18 vtec) is the best swap considering easiness, affordability, torque and potential

Got that Corolla alternator swapped out and it definitely runs better. Not perfect but I think it's because the battery got drained too much thanks to the old alternator. Idunno I'll see how it goes.

Was it behind the engine like on the eg civics and older corollas?

Luckily it was just to the left of the header in the front behind the passenger headlight area. It's funny that both cars have their advantages.

Corolla
>starter on the back of the engine under the intake manifold
>alternator right in front (still kind of a tight fit but not too bad)

Civic
>starter right in front, can literally have it out in minutes no problem
>alternator in the back under shit

Make Cold Air Intakes Great Again!

youtube.com/watch?v=CydSDZeZPZE

Caught it in my sub box. Much nicer than mine.

>got rid of the ricer pod it came with
>attached stock airbox to the pipe
>done

I should route some piping to the corner grill. I think B2bro with the white Si hatch did that?

Thanks for the sub, man

yeah, generally the stock air box is the best bet. The Hybrid intake showed decent gains compared to the K&N and other intakes which made doo-doo power.

If you do route it down low, just make sure you get one of those prefilters like the AEM one. Can be scary if it rains really hard though - my motor started choking the other day when I was in that storm. Luckily the wrap kept all the water out and it was just the prefilter that was soaked.

Yeah I get nervous if I hit any particularly big puddles, which can happen a lot since I'm delivering regardless of the weather. There's literally nothing underneath the stock box, no tubing or anything.

Don't wanna end up like that RSXanon that hydrolocked his engine.

I'll probably keep it like it is for a while. I really need to type down anything I can think of to do next because I always forget what I should work on.

Mugen rep pedal covers

:^)

indeed, its monsoon season here tho so im a bit scared made it through a pretty bad storm to see GoT finale tho

i just need good camber arms and coilovers to hug turns maybe some positive camber if any

As a Civic Si owner I don't believe it's fair to group me with the lesser civics.

Nigga a CTR is in the same group.

Do you live in that house by yourself? It seems pretty comfy.

I wish. I'll tell you a secret: I live in my Mom's basement.

Living there while I save up a down payment for my own house. Financially, it's been one of the best decisions I've made. I was able to land a good job right out of college and by living the basement dweller life for a bit, I have enough monthly income to to do one or two upgrades per month while still being able to build savings for a house. The house I end up buying will probably be a lot less comfy and more garage than house if things go right

Good stuff man. I look forward to be in that situation about two years from now.

>somebody in the local car group said I can use their personal shop for any projects on my car

Wew lad

Now I don't have to back away if i find a good engine with any extra money I don't have yet.

>tfw nobody would ever help me
>tfw everyone here is an asshole

fuck you, you can use my garage

Long time since I posted here. I bought my 00 Civic and you guys were real cool with the conversation and stuff I had with y'all.

Unfortunately I'm parting with my Honda today. Pushing 210k miles and I'm getting intermittent issues with fuel, brakes, and starter. It's too much work to put into a car I paid $400 for.

I'm trading her in for 500 to go towards buying a 2009 Eclipse.

RIP Honda. Long live Honda.

You're an idiot. Hock it for 650.

>buying a 2009 Eclipse
>buying
>2009
>Eclipse

What did he meant when he said this?

AYOBRIAN!!

Not a fan of the eclipse from that movie, but the Evo is premium rice: 10/10 would drive.

Thanks for the update fåm :/

This is obviously the best intake setup possible.