FF Dangerous?

Nurburgerking local reporting in
Are FF cars inherently dangerous? It seems like loss of control is fatal in these ecoboxes, even more so at higher speeds too.

youtube.com/watch?v=5IpKcLUhf28

youtu.be/szo6hEUdZA8

youtu.be/tW3vOTB_gCg?t=22

youtu.be/bvEDN-jM_5M

youtu.be/OKuhNM5Q9Mg

youtu.be/fdLddC9W0bs

Just seems like there's much more difficulty to regain balance and control because there is no power to the rear wheels to balance it so the front has to do literally everything.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ml8B6_FNs64
youtu.be/MCB_xB9Bqog
youtu.be/kkc3ArIqxJU
youtu.be/OKuhNM5Q9Mg
youtu.be/fdLddC9W0bs
youtube.com/watch?v=_FYEV66U-Go
youtube.com/watch?v=-PUlP5Rm6is
youtube.com/watch?v=dKziKX9SZ7I
youtube.com/watch?v=xUshS0l1dRA
youtube.com/watch?v=wsDr4GMS_6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=wClYhdiCSHs
youtube.com/watch?v=Ddx3WEz4Si8
youtu.be/FxrWTZjtCXo
youtube.com/watch?v=N0u7JnjEjuQ
youtu.be/c1KZyXsjgM8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Oversteer can be corrected if you know what you're doing.

Understeer means the car takes a much more predictable path (straight ahead) but is much harder to correct.

sorry i meant to say oversteer or more specifically lift oversteer in a FF

You can find just as many crashes in RWD cars so I dont see your point

>i've never driven a FF and FR on the track

>not having superior RWD
>crying like a child when your FWD shitbox understeers into a ditch
Time and time again RWD has proven itself to be how God intended cars to made. How can FWD cucks compete???

That doesnt even make sense

FF drivers are godless atheist fedora tippers

>lexus sc

Ewwww so fucking bland

Literally a Dildo on wheels with a 2jz inside.

Keep thinking that you own a supra.

I'm talking about how much more difficult it is to regain control and grip in a lift oversteer in a FF vs FR. Having the ability to control the power at the rear wheels makes this much easier if you know what you are doing. Oversteer in a FF is not as simple as feathering the throttle and countersteering because of the lack of grip at the front wheels once you start sliding.

bus rider detected

Depends on the car, the driving you're doing, the conditions, etc.

For inexperienced, underwhelming drivers FF is safer in mundane driving and in inclement weather as a rule.

If you know what you're doing, in my experience rear wheel drive and oversteer is easier to correct and work with than under steer.

For performance applications it's hard to argue that utilizing the front wheels for steering and the rears or all four for power delivery is better than tasking the fronts with both steering and power delivery.

Lift-off oversteer is pretty much the same as any other oversteer, preferable if you're awake and alert and potentially dangerous if you aren't.

Though for what it's worth using the Nordschliefe as an example for either is blowing things out of proportion. You're talking about pushing any car hard on what is considered to be one of the most demanding tracks in the world. Even good drivers can smack a car up pushing it on that road.

its a lot easier to just force a spin in a FR once you lose it to scrub speed and spin in the direction that isnt a wall

youtu.be/ml8B6_FNs64

yeah for sure, also having a lighter rear end in a FF certainly doesn't help with the snap oversteer

youtu.be/MCB_xB9Bqog
youtu.be/kkc3ArIqxJU

RWD cucks shit on FWD because they can't control one. They just bury the gas pedal and hope for the best. Just like a survival game, if you have a shit ton of ammo (oversteer), you are just going to be a cuck and waste it because meh my shitty skills can get covered here.

If you have almost no ammo (understeer) you think more and use the little ammo wisely.

Too much of a challenge for them. Because DURRRR FWD SUGS DURRR

Sincerely,

Focus ST - e36 owner.

Pic related, RWD shouty cocky cucks.

One of the worst posts I've seen in some time congrats on looking like a fool

they do give less options upon the limit
much like any car with a large amount mass on one end
consider the prime advantage of a front engined front wheel drive car is that it does not respond

Thinly disguised shit post thread

You just proved my point, it is more difficult to control oversteer in a FF, how is that a good thing? And that's not to mention you are utilizing less of your mechanical grip as well lol

Yeah OK prove me wrong bud

Already explained it, read the thread, what don't you understand?

Why because you need more skills to control a FWD car?

Enjoy your easy mode mobile. Fag.

What's with the last video having FF oversteer? What?

FF's will do that because the rear wheels don't have any power going to them, thus no control in the rear aside from using the e-brake.

Even if he pulled the e-brake it'd still roll over thanks to physics

slow shitbox....

ever consider that it is a wasted effort
a craftsmen blaming his tools goes both ways

True, they never were intended for the track or performance, simply economy really. "Performance" FF cars was an after the fact thing

>youtu.be/OKuhNM5Q9Mg
>FF shitbox VW with short wheel base a shit
>FF Volvo with live rear axle is fine
stop taking your shitboxes to track day if they can't do 90 mph safely /thread

>meant this video
>youtu.be/fdLddC9W0bs

>but other video has worst apex turns i've ever seen
>git gud

There is a reason FWD is slower than RWD. Let's leave it at that

jack of all trades
master of none

>Roads not salted
>plows have yet to arrive
>FR oversteers while going in a straight line
>fine on the track, you can correct, countersteer, control the throttle
>but your rear just hit the retard who was driving next to you

FF is just made for commuting.

Nope

Unless you know how to drive

youtube.com/watch?v=_FYEV66U-Go

LOL

I'm super impressed by those walls. They hold up crash after crash while flexing to soften the impacts

delusional FF fag claiming a platform thats both SLOWER and HARDER to drive is superior.
what a world to live in
enjoy

no, you mean it's a lot easier to avoid crashing in an FR car if you're going slower than the limit. you can't scrub off speed by sliding if you were going fast enough to fly off the track without maximum grip.

Don't forget to turn off the traction control next time you drive, if you even can.

If you're sideways you're sideways. Most of the time the car drifts backward as well. It doesn't matter what you driveline is in this situation.

Subaru is even shit at correcting themselves and they're rwd. Nothing can pull out of a slide like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=-PUlP5Rm6is

>Subaru
>RWD
kek

Yes, it's clearly so difficult to control a slide in an FWD car:

youtube.com/watch?v=dKziKX9SZ7I

Somebody should tell this guy that he is breaking the laws of physics according to Veeky Forums, because he is drifting an FF car with with the throttle (lifting the inner front wheel no less), and keeping perfect control.

youtube.com/watch?v=xUshS0l1dRA

(top tip: this is done by braking the front inner wheel, essentially forcing the power to the outside wheel much like a limited slip diff. It's why limited slip diffs on FF cars feel like the car is pulled to the inside of the corner under acceleration)

>buy sports car
>take it to the track
>start having fun
>shitter in hyped up shopping trolley gets jealous
>ploughs into the back of superior car like a petulant child

Golf owners shouldn't be allowed to drive.

ITT clueless FF drones.
Name one major race series that uses the FF layout at all that isn't a production car/spec series.
Protip you can't.
FF has its advantages but performance is not one.

Thanks, now I know

Even if he rides the bus, he ain't wrong.

who triggered the FR cucks this time

>Mustang GT - $32k
>VW GTI - $32k
FFags will defend this

Not where people buy """"""""hot"""""""" hatches.

24 Hours of LeMans had FF once!

And it couldn't even compete with GTE class cars. FWD is shit for performance applications.

>defending a slow, automatic barge for geriatrics because FR

JZZ30 or bust, Ameriboo.

Jesus Christ, in burger dollars it's less than half the value

Not only are they dangerous they're also gay as fuck

The GT is even better.
>one hundred thousand and seven-hundred eurobucks

>what FWD "drift" sounds like
"chirp chirp"
>what FWD "drift" looks like in less than ideal conditions
the car literally flying off the road because it's completely uncontrolled

I think so
Front end engine braking is something I don't want

>chirp chirp

youtube.com/watch?v=wsDr4GMS_6Q
kinda

Surprise surprise, Honda Civics and various assorted shitboxes are not sports cars, meant to be driven fast, or meant to be anywhere near a track despite what autistic teenagers and poorfags would like you to think. Just so it doesn't seem like I'm picking on Honda this goes for Nissan Toyota and most other Japanese automakers as well. The GTR is probably the only japanese car that can hang.

>harder means I'm better!
>typical fwd shithead
>too poor to own any rwd vehicle
Do you also vape?

>Subaru is rwd
>this person is giving opinions on Internet

>I don't know anything the post

Why are you comparing the highest spec GTI to a base model Mustang with no options at all?

I'd take the GTI any day. Have you ever been in a Mustang? Interior is complete shit compared to the GTI. Also, 4 doors and a hatch make for a pretty useful vehicle. DSG transmission is quite nice too.

Sincerely,
RRfag

my golf is faster than your car faggit.

come race me on the track bro.

ITT: Idiots who can't drive thinking that what wheels are driven make them better.

I've owned front engine FWD, front engine AWD, front engine RWD cars and front engine 4WD SUV's.

I currently race and daily a FR 2600lb car. I am slow in it, I need to be about 8-10% faster to be competitive at a national level. It's not the car that makes you good. You are either a fast driver that can push a car and feel what its doing or you can't.

If you can't drive a FF car fast, RWD won't help you and driving a RWD doesn't make you a good driver.

That being said, AWD is the superior form of forward motivation for lap times. I find RWD the most fun and a good RWD teaches you more than AWD or FWD will teach you about car control.

Understeer is dangerous but safer for non-car people. All you do is either keep braking or let off the throttle but keep turning into the turn, whereas in FR you can't brake into a turn or you lose your drivewheel stability and must compensate by turning the other direction if you do oversteer.

This is why understeer was touted as a "safety feature". Dumbass women and old farts would just have to keep steering the same way.

FWD teaches more

Not really, FWD gives you understeer, terminal understeer, torque steer and lift off oversteer. Yes you have to carefully manage front end grip to get the most out of a FWD but guess what? You have to do the same in a RWD if you want to be fast. The difference is where you managing it. On FWD its everywhere all the time. Beyond catching a little lift off here and there its all about managing the front end because you're asking it to do basically everything. In a rwd you're managing front end grip on turn in and then managing the balance of back and front on power out.

dude thats base model mustang gt vs base model gti you fucking idiot
look it up if you dont believe me retard

Isn't it more because faggots crashing FWD cars always crash old shitboxes with little to no driver protection at these speeds?

Here's your (you)

>rwd
>not longitudinally configurated awd
11/10
Underrated post

>hurrdurr only FF cars crash

youtube.com/watch?v=wClYhdiCSHs

youtube.com/watch?v=Ddx3WEz4Si8

>because it's completely uncontrolled

But it's not.

>better power to weight
>stiffer and more track focuses suspension
I know 2 seconds is a lot on Tsukuba but Honda used to make all of it's cars to be fast specifically on this one track. The mx-5 is a fun car with a pretty spongy suspension. Not surprise here, really.

> golf owner
but most of the FF crashes are oversteer how ?

it's around 37k in france ,germany an UK for the eco boost and 43K for the GT
you live in the wrong side of europe

>eggscuses
Kek, its not even mugen

>20 fucking year old Civic

no excuses

ff a shit

itt butthurt econobox owners get baited for eternity

>ff doesnt understeer trust me ive been on the togue a few times in my sub 200hp street car at a 3 tenths pace

lmao the mind of an ff owner

Is FF the ultimate cucked platform?

>spending any money on FF when FR can be bought for stupid cheap now

Just go flat out all the time: youtu.be/FxrWTZjtCXo

LMAO

I drive both FF and FR, both have their ups and downs. FF is a fun platform to push to the limit while controlling understeer/left foot braking and all that boiracer shit. FR is always fun to put sideways and is the more balanced and performance orientated of the two. I prefer to drive FF but wont deny that FR is the superior layout..

youtube.com/watch?v=N0u7JnjEjuQ

Understeer in some modern front wheel drive and all wheel drive cars can be reduced or eliminated completely with a sophisticated differential, traction control or torque vectoring.

new pasta

youtu.be/c1KZyXsjgM8

Holy shit these crashes OP
FWD worst wheel drive

Do you even physics bro?

A ff car will basically always understeer regardless of any trick anything because of 80% of the weight being up front...

Why don't Dutch people just buy 1 year old barely used ones of these from other countries?

ITT FFags learn physics is cruel

FWD isnt dangerous at all but snap oversteer is pretty bad especially if its on shit types with a open diff.

depends how its setup most of the people in these vids where just going too fast would have rekt if they where in rwd awd so ???

They would have had way more control with awd/rwd though FWD tailspin is nuts