/owg/ - Overwatch General

Previous Competitive Season 2 is now live on PC and Xbox. PS4 gets Season 2 in November.

>Latest Patch Notes
us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20749104703

>Hana Song
gelbooru.com//samples/cc/e1/sample_cce1b654ad72707a6c792aea2351e4da.jpg?3336546

>Official Website
playoverwatch.com

>The Oversheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CPI6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/edit#gid=1751764739/

>Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/0HaMLiu7

>Stats and Leaderboards
masteroverwatch.com
overbuff.com/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>Overwatch DPS Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D4jOtaosiZoM2VA9IjRRPaiMbTTZtPrD1d8mK23DPa0

>The 21 Percenter Club
amomentincrime.com

>Competitive /owg/ Discord
discord.gg/RV5YyjX
archived.moe/vg/thread/151661514/#151662330

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qlU4sbJoHFs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First

hana song

Stop this fucking shit why would blizzard make a hero with the same fucking motif as another hero wearing the same fucking clothes and mask.
It's not only retarded you get shit on gameplay wise because they're identical on the field, characterization wise because it's the same shit but one has tits and hype wise because everyone realizes she looks exactly like reaper.

Stop

Jamison Fawkes!

you know, hots's current state really worries me.

I feel like there is going to be a time where blizzard literally just leaves us for dead for something else.

>hate tracer
>think she's a terrible waifu
>love playing tracer
is this ok

This has to be one of the worst ops so far

eat shit dood

reposting because this game is awful and I don't care at this point

I fucking hate this game, it doesn't reward you for trying or making an attempt. It caters to the lowest common denominator asshat who's just going to mindlessly play and not try.

Since Friday I've worked my way up from 2400 to 2900, trying my hardest to do better and analyze what I was doing wrong, and it's been one infuriating experience. I don't have 5 competent, thinking teammates who are willing to work with me, I have 5 retards that I have to carry each and every match.

I can never say "oh wow I got carried by that mccree" or "wow our mercy got that amazing rez", it's just me constantly dumpstering the other 6 retards on the enemy team.

And that's the problem with this game, it literally caters to people who don't try, make an attempt, or give it a serious go. It's for casual ass fuckers who will never dedicate themselves to getting better, and focuses on a standardized experience that the game will deliver on a base level. It's not meant for players like me who enjoy winning and getting good at the game, it's meant for people who 'relax', as they play their 'mains'.

I try being nice and kind and respectful to my teammates to get them on board, but honestly they're just always autistic. I politely explain to the torbjorn that it's a tiebreaker and we're on offense, we need a second tank (I'm the other tank). And he gives the typical "aha man just trust me bro we got dis"

and then we fucking lose after 2 minutes, and he comes back with "ahh well man guess you cant win em' all amirite aha..."

Fuck this pile of trash. It's a shame that quake died

>You will never decapitate Mei

Why live

>1343 viewers
Hahahahaha

Hots was never alive in the first place
The game is as deep as your shower floor.

guarantee it's the same faggot that was posting the fetish shit

Why did it fail? I never even tried it, because the genre doesn't appeal to me, but all the reviews said it was pretty easy to get into and a fun casual game.

I love tracer and think she is a lovely waifu but I hate playing her.

I find Zarya to be a good counter to Mei, not the other way around
The shields give you enough time to go "Oh shit" and get the fuck out of their to regroup with teammates

Best counters to Zarya are probably Zarya herself and Reaper

>m-muh Bronze MMR
Okay bud, I'm at 3100 right now and I handle Winston just fine
Oh but let me guess, Grand Master user is here to tell me I'm still a shitter

>Winston makes it 6v5
(cwl)
Unfortunately he's a very easily countered hero, and if they have all three of D.va, Reaper and Hog, you're as well switching off (which I would)
But he's a very good hero if used properly to pick off flankers and their backline support heroes
Probably best on Payload maps

I think the difference is most people gave no shits about Hots

I'm looking to get a new keyboard owg, what do you recommend?

Must be backlit and quiet mechanical

>but all the reviews said it was pretty easy to get into and a fun casual game.

the community went fucking full blown autistic and decided that the game was some immensely strategical and mechanical skillful game because they get assblasted every time someone reminded them that the literal design idea behind hots was to be casual as fuck.

it's also just a fucking boring as fuck game if you play dota or league, there is literally no reason to play it. Defiantly no reason to play it soloq

>hating playing your waifu
you are not worthy

hots failed since there are better games out there (dota2/lol)

overwatch didn't fail since tf2 is dogshit

Overwatch somehow hit in a very big way. While HOTS never did, maybe because Blizzard made a game who's genre wasn't already incredibly saturated.

Anybody who cares about Dota-like games has already found their game in Dota or LoL And Blizzard made it extremely pay-to-win by making new heroes worth like $10. It's pretty much a shit show of a bad game and only serious Blizzard fans like the game.

tf2 is not dogshit
It's just 9 years old.

Exactly because of that
Dota is hardcore enough
League is like medium level
Then there's shit like smite

Hots never had a soul, never had effort into it, had a shitton of jew practices, the game too boring to keep playing after 30 minutes, etc.

it's more valve pretty much abandoned it up until recently.

>mercy on my team with a gold staff
>she hides with her res in overtime
>literally 2 seconds before I'm sent back to respawn
>she rezzes and gets potg

see?? see??? that's how you play mercy. we won and she went symm on defense. gold.

A dota player streaming Overwatch nmearly beats Overwatch esports rofl

Is Overwatch actually dead as a game already?

Best Dva skin to use with golden weapon.

Go.

If I'm on a competitive match, and I'm playing Soldier, and in the next round I switch to Lucio, does it affect my ranking? Because I had gold on elims and damage in the first round, but in the end obviously not.

It's a shame comp actually encourages/rewards stall tactics, since time is a big factor for extra rounds

(you)

oh fuck lads

>you play mercy by hiding away instead of healing and holding your ulti for the entire game in the hopes your entire team dying right before the timer is up

I'm officially down to rank 2025. For the first time in my life I'm cutting myself. The Emos like Doing it, I might see what the buzz is about

Wait, S2is live since Friday? Wasn't it supposed to launch today?

>tfw you've been away the whole weekend
didn't miss sombra at least

So what do you guys think would be the beet method the explore the overwatch universe?
Personally I think a series of novels would work the best
[Spoiler]two series to be exact one set during omnimac crisis focusing on the older heroes like ana, 76, reinhart and the like. And one set in the current time frame centered around the younger heroes like lucio, d.va and roadhog [/spoiler]

>TRAVELLING TO EICHENWALDE

new worst map in the game

So how long are we gonna keep that Hana Song pic link in the OP?

I have no illusion that I have good aim, but every kill cam I see where I get one shotted by Hanzo half way across the map shows him snap aiming to me with such high accuracy it makes me question the legitimacy of the player. Is is truly possible to snap aim to a target 4-6 square pixels?

>Be DPS main

>Play DPS
>No heals or tank

>Play tank
>no heals

>Play heal
>No tank

A mercy can't really stop a team wipe, better she hide when she knows its coming, rather than trying to heal everyone. Maybe she can save one, if she doesn't die in the process

It is. Queues are getting longer and longer but people here are in denial. I just hope they give us paying players $60 worth of boxes when this inevitability goes f2p

Like ow, hots' balance is about taking turns to be op, just like here where only the shimadas can control the meta

I do not know how to Counter D.Va, Roadhog, Tracer, or Junkrat.

youtube.com/watch?v=qlU4sbJoHFs

Is it normal to find yourself developing a huge crush on Tracer?

A good mercy on a semi decent team can. If it's all shitters it's a coin flip anyway so it doesn't matter.

Yes

is quick play less of a horrifying mega-hell if you put the same level of effort into it as you do in comp, and raise your invisible mmr? generally, i just play qp to use whoever i want to, and victory is secondary, but i just left a game with a sym, widow, torb, and two hanzos, and i'm so tired of that kind of shit happening.

no being gay isnt normal

As a junkrat main: Roadhog reaper and Pharah eat my lunch

Pig disgusting sounds when she uses her ult

Pig disgusting and deserves to die

See. I know this is the right answer. But babby deevs looks meh in the bodysuit on this skin.

Its a choice, look good out of mech or in mech. Reeeeeeeeeeee.

valve don't have staff to keep more than 1 game updated
csgo and tf2 are in shocking state compared to dota 2

CSGO doesn't even have sprays! (were there in 1.6/source) like overwatch
besides the gameplay, csgo/tf2 is laughable compared to overwatch in the amount of features it has in a client

If you play well, you won't be a gremlin for long, so I don't think it matters. (But yeah, her jumpsuit isn't the best here.)

what's wrong with csgo? I thought it had become mainstream?

>OW gameplay is better than TF2
People like you actually exist. Wow

>besides the gameplay, csgo/tf2 is laughable compared to overwatch in the amount of features it has in a client

>Winston is garbage in a non-coordinated environment (Most of the time)
>Mei gets eaten by Zarya
>Roadhog is a gimmick class and barely qualifies as a tank; is countered hard by a competent reaper

>It's a Rien and Zarya are the only tank choices episode

>TF3 would never be successful if released in the next few years
>Valve probably has lost its touch at developing good games, anyway, so TF3 would never be as good as the golden age of TF2

I just want quality FPS pubbing.

>D.va
Zarya
Roadhog
Reaper
>Roadhog
Tracer (sorta)
Zarya
Reaper
>Tracer
McGee
Winston
Reaper
>Junkrat
Pharah
Roadhog

nice reading comprehension retard

no, just use common sense and don't run around healing people in a losing battle and die when you could have actually used your ult effectively

but user, tracer is a girl

Sometimes she annoys me, but other times I want to bag off with her mewling quim.

valve hasn't made the client any good (like they did in dota2)

you can't change game settings while searching for a game in a lobby

you know how overwatch has skirmish mode while searching for a game? that shit would be good as well for csgo

then explain why shehas a6 1nch dicjkk

>besides the gameplay, csgo/tf2 is laughable compared to overwatch in the amount of features it has in a client
>besides the gameplay
??

>save comp points for sombra
>she never comes out
blizz cucked me hard

It reached it's peak like July last year, since then it was stagnant up until a few months ago.

Twitch viewership is declining, and the games playerbase if dropping even faster. All when cs go just got onto TV and load of the VC teams from league is invest as well.

The community is in a real fucking state right now. They really hate valve. Can't blame them really, they have done almost nothing since like late 2014.

The last two major updates the game has had, the r8 update and newke, have been complete disasters. Hacking is rampant, bugs are everywhere, every update is fucking with the games performance and people are constantly getting cucked now on stream with shots missing 100% hit shots.

the e-sport scene is a fucking mess as well, but I'm not going into that.

hi.

if you think about playing Mercy, then think again, fucker. because there are people like me, who report you bitches for bug abuse. every single Mercy player so far from yesterday i've reported for bug abuse and harassment, because by playing Mercy you are by default attempting to get PotG through bug abuse. every Mercy that gets PotG gets +10 more reports from me.

i am serious and i hate support players, especially dumb support players who can't ult properly and lost 2 placement games for me, and now i landed into 2700.

i recommend everyone to report all Mercy players, even in quick match. they are bug abusing to get play of the game.

It's been a part of the OP for a while, why change it?

>D.va
Zarya
Reaper I guess
Junkrat
Roadhog
>Roadhog
Reaper (but be careful)
Another Roadhog
Bastion (lel)
>Tracer
McFlashbang
Torbjorn
Reaper (kinda)
>Junkrat
Pharah
Soldier? (idk, just keep your distance)

valve are too greedy to hire more staff for csgo kek

Roughly 6 hours until 23%

I honestly have lost all faith and hope atm

It'll just move on to 23.0038% and leave us waiting 20 some more days or something

Because it makes the threads get caught in my filter.

>tfw user has a stroke right in front of you

Please don't be dead.

I haven't really been following, but why is 23% significant?

Comp TF2 is much worse than OW in general.

If you blindly like TF2 so much leave and go elsewhere.

Sombra is the 23rd hero and several of her clues have involved the number 23

>Be Reinhardt on Hanamura attack
>Enemy has been holding us back decently well
>Manage to sneak around the side
>Encounter friendly Zenyatta running from the entire enemy team
>Round corner with shield up
>All enemies focus on me
>Somehow shield does not break
>SOMEHOW HALF OF ENEMY TEAM STOPS TO RELOAD AT THE SAME TIME
>Ult fully charged
>YOU'RE POWERED UP! GET IN THERE!
>HAMMER DOWN!
>TEAM KILL!
>tfw it isn't Play of the Game

23rd hero

>bought Overwatch on the console instead of PC because I actually have irl friends that wanted to play
>/owg/ memes on me for being a normie
:(

>yfw sombra is released and the countdown had nothing to do with it

she's soldier 23

>potg was mercy mindlessly spamming her pistol then rezzing 2 people and getting a kill assist

she's actually soldier 38

aka 76's daughter

It was in the first clues she gave us

And 23 is significant because next hero will be the 23rd

>yfw 23 is half of 76

why do people still post pictures of this bitch? SHE IS FUCKING UGLY GET OVER IT

also reported for non content faggot just die from cancer bitch

He keeps making threads like 20 posts early just to start it off with this stupid shit. He got mad when the OP image was deleted in one, and cried foul when mods nuked another earlier today.

But he's a persistent little faggot.

And we won't see her until Tuesday, November 23rd

Is there anything more demoralizing than getting pushed back all the way to your spawn in a KOTH game.

I did it good lads?

I think it's just because ppl are playing the new WOW expansion

if i have another game tomorrow with two Hanzos on the enemy team, I'm going to play his only counter: uninstall wizard

MORE VOICELINES WHEN