Hey Veeky Forums, I'm looking for my first car. I love BMWs but I also love Hondas...

Hey Veeky Forums, I'm looking for my first car. I love BMWs but I also love Hondas. I recently found a '93 Civic Si hatchback (exactly like pic related). Should I buy it or should I wait until I find a nice 325i?

Good luck drifting in your Honda

Honda is better overall

Id try to find a '94 though

For the ABS?

Well, one has a glorious motorsport history and an absolutely timeless design when maintained, drives incredibly well, is reliable, moddable, and actually has a community.

The other one is a BMW.

no

with a few simple mods it can smoke the fuck out of anything a '93 cant

b8

Well, the one I'm looking at has a B16A2 in it.

Its a meme dont worry about it

Id say go for it but I like Hondas more than E30s and a B16A2 would make it perform about the same in a straight line

>actually has a community.
I don't know if I'd call that a plus.

Get a 94 VTi uleh. Best civic.

Are you willing to spend $10k on your first car? If not, get the Civic now, and buy an E30 when you're ready to invest a lot of time and money.

First car? Get the Honda. It's fwd but it'll be a better DD being easier to maintain. Save up a few years, then get something more fun.

These guys absolutely trash the resale doing these mods. Completely stock and in good condition can fetch a good price.

why do you buy a car with intent to sell?

do you not like cars

E30's are good cars, but not good first cars. They're old, ancient in design and most have been raped to death by now. Shit is bound to fail and parts can be surprisingly expensive at times.
The Civic is probably no better in terms of reliability as they're raped to death by now too, but at least parts are ten times cheaper.

Civic is fun.

thats not the factory motor thats a swap from a 2000 civic si so its better

having been a Honda guy for well over a decade, I can confirm that there are some seriously stupid douche-bags in the Honda "community"

Shut the fuck up. I've never met someone so butthurt over the cars other people drives, and that much of a japcocksucking hondafag that they have to scream about how shit everything is that doesn't have a honda badge.

BMW's, especially e30's. drive nicer and handle better than any honda ever has or will. Shut the fuck up about 'muh NSX' cause it's irrelevant, Honda's are only good as econoboxes and family cars. If you're poor and/or a cuck: you'll buy a fucking civic. If you have sense and actually like cars: you'll buy the e30 or e36.

E30's are a glorious experience, it was actually my first car. The fun factor is amazing.

check the suspension and tires before you get a e30 though. or save to buy new suspension, because those cars love to spin when you least expect it.

The Honda community is like a cancer and this board is proof of that.

3 years ago "get a civic" was a meme. They were a joke car for non enthusiasts.

Now this place is full of people who worship Civics and FWD unironically.

The E30'M3 is literally the most successful road racing car of all time
You can't better BMW in terms of racing heritage
Hondas are econoboxes, nothing glorious about them

E30's and E30 M3's are completely different cars and are in completely different worlds, and have completely different price tags..

E30 - $3000 ~

E30 M3 - $30000 ~

you'll never own a M3 e30

You haven't seen the E30 community, friendo.