Is the c class a good car?

Is the c class a good car?

Well the new one suffers from shitty modern car design. Last gen was good.

Last one was awful

I've driven them a few times. They're alright. It's kind of forgettable.

I'm not big on the styling either, but I guess that's just personal taste.

last one was fantastic

the one you posted already suffered from constipation.

the pre-facelift of this one is great, tho.

>already suffered from constipation.
from what?

>constipation

Post facelift has a much nicer interior in terms of how the infotainment system was reworked, and had the revised (more powerful and efficient) V6, 13-14 model years were the best for that C Class

that's true.

a shame since I liked the less try-hard look of the pre-facelift more.

He's saying it looks like it's mad because it's trying to take a shit but can't

They made a family car unnecessarily angry

Eh the fog lights actually look better on the facelift...the angry headlights don't bother me much but I get how they throw off other people

W204s are simple cars. Pre 11 face lift cars dont get the nicer interiors and side mirrors. Interior still looks like ass either way. Very dated look, like they wanted to go 80s retro. Post-12 models have the 4 cylinder turbo as base, I think and the same 3.5L V6 in the 300 and 350 (300 detuned). The M272 V6 in the 2.5 and 3.0L guises is a simple affair. It goes, not particularly fast, but adequately. 6MT available on the 2.5L and 3.0L. Good luck finding anything that's not 4Matic if you're in Canada. Simple cars to work on, with respect to interior, suspension, and engine. Can't comment on electrics, mine's a stripper tier C250 with 6MT. Even folding seats weren't standard until later or on C300s.

The W205 makes some huge changes. It's like a mini E-class. Rear leg room still suffers though. Definitely more luxocruiser than the W204. The W204 suffered from trying to compete with the E90, and failing miserably. Available air suspension's a neat trick. The turbo 4 makes decent power, the turbo 6 makes gobs of power. Eat shit, 3.5L (262 hp vs new turbo 6's 360~ hp). Also that audio package includes some sexy speaker grilles. Those are actual drilled metal grilles.

Ah okay, I follow. Thanks. Yeah it does change the feeling of the car quite a bit, far more aggressive.

To me the Gordon Wagner designs at Mercedes just have too much going on. They are over designed.

>wake me up inside

>CAN'T WAKE UP

I actually like the interior on the 2014. The red one is one I ended up getting for my mother, 2014 C300 4matic, pretty well optioned out.

That's why the MY2011 is the best of both world: old lights with updated DRLs (but it still had the old interior).

Yeah, but when you compared it to the E90 of the same years, the E90 looked better inside and out.

It's a functional interior, and no more than that.

idk, I've almost never liked the interior of any BMW, E90 included. I know it's all a matter of taste, but I'd take the C Class interior over the BMW's every time

>LED DRLs
A shit. At least the fog lamps were reasonably functional.

I think, and only think, there are pre-facelift W204s with the fog lights, but with the updated interior. '10 and '11, I think?

Yes it's a good car and anyone who says otherwise is just talking out of their ass or can't afford it.

I love my little 2014 c250, No problems so far, decent on gas too.

This.

C class is a beautiful car. I want a 2017 C63 badly, but that old 6.3 L C63 is desirable too.

Test drove one a few days ago. They're pretty fucking awesome. I wouldn't pay the $40k MSRP for one but were I in the market for a small-mid sized family sedan it'd definitely be at the top of my list. I cannot not think of a single car in it's class with a better interior.

Fuck you the W204 was great.

The wonderful thing about the C class is that in 2 years, you can pick up a mint condition used one for basically half of the MSRP

You can already find 2015 w205s for as low as 29

I plan to get one in December , by then depreciation will take its course and 2 year leases will end