Veeky Forums

Veeky Forums

I have a first gen audi tt with the 225 horsepwoer engine and manual tranny

Anyway, this is my first manual car and i was "racing" it by myself and asnd letting it rev to 5000-6000 before shifting gears and suddenly the temp gauge went almost to full HOT

I quickly stopped the car and it went back to the middle between hot and cold and its been working properly since then

Anyway, is this normal and youre not supposed to rev cars that much or what the fuck?

bamp

it probably has not been driven hard in a while and needs a tune up

check that your radiator is full of coolant.

fill your radiators with coolant next time and not water.

it has green coolant in it

>VAG
there's your problem.

Water would cool your engine better than "coolant"

op here also mechanic insisted that conoco oil was good enough for it and it didnt need synthethic despite the manual saying it does. He said synthethic is only for fewer oil changes, is he a faggot and i should get an oil change asap or is it fine?

Synthetic oil reduces temperatures by flowing better and reducing friction better, it's kind of dumb to use conventional in that car. Synthetic oil also is more durable in heat.

Use 60% water 40% coolant or maybe 70/30% to reduce temperatures more.

>being this retarded

Fucking nocarz.
"Coolant" is only there to prevent freezing.
Pure water has superior heat transfer properties.
For extra credit, check out "water wetter"...

Your radiator is garbage- probably full of calcium.
Change it.

"coolant" lubricates your water pump thus extending the life of said water pump as well as preventing the inside of your engine from rusting as well as providing better radiation from your radiator.

Oh you didn't know? You can't actually drive Audi's or they break.
sry u didn't get the memo sooner

You're the retarded one mate. Other user is right, water has a higher specific heat capacity than coolant. Dickhead.

>better radiation
Enough Veeky Forums for today.

Sounds lile your radiator is fucked up, or you are low on coolant.

Distilled water is one of the best coolants for any engine, it transfers heat way better than any kind of antifreeze.

That's why you don't run 100% percent voolant unless you live in Alaska or something like that and even then, 80-90% ia recommended.

?!

you never want to run more than 67% coolant

freeze protection actually drops off after that point.

I stand corrected.
According to some websites, 65% is the perfect mix for extremely cold weathers.