Truckerfag thread - Chink edition

>Obtaining a CDL: How do?
Community College or a dedicating truck driving school. Do your research and don't get sucked into a "school" that's actually just a meat grinder for a shit company. Do not pay over $5000 for a course that lasts several months.
>How can I into avoidings shit companies?
Here are some decent/good companies:
pastebin.com/Sv0cyWyH
If you don't see the company you're looking at included on this list, lurk moar.

>I could totally go to school but I'd rather be a trucker.
If you think you'll love the lifestyle, maybe. You'd be better off getting a """""real""""" job. You can fall back on trucking at any time, but it is essentially a path of decent money for those that fail at everything else.
You can have good business sense and work ethic and make it big as an owner operator, but you would do even better at any other job.

Obligatory meme section
-----
>You will get fat.
>The only clothing you'll own are pajamas.
>The only reason you get paid well is because you work 70 hours per week.
>The longest relationship you'll get is 15 minutes with a lizard.
>Eating nothing is better than roller dogs.
>You have the most dangerous job in the nation.
>The D.O.T., Police, and Le'dash-uh in receiving hate you, and will harass you every chance they get.
>Other drivers hate you.
>Your job will be obsolete once self-driving trucks become available.
>Your loved ones miss you.
>If you don't change careers you will forever be considered a cuck and a homo. Especially if you cuckbox with another fag driver.
>lol 'murrica

>4 4 T O N N E S
>4
>4
>T
>O
>N
>N
>E
>S

previous bread

First for seatbelts are for cucks

Found the supertrucker.

>he doesn't get in the left lane during rush hour

It also sucks fapping with a seat belt on

Why does everyone hate whiney?

We hate swift, Whiney is just the weeb fall guy we blame all of his companies misdeeds on

whineys the best. everybody gives him shit but I think he likes it desu and I think everyone really likes him. and to top it off he works for swift

What does 44 tonnes mean?

>just curious, pls no bully

North American weight limits are approx 40 tonnes (80k lbs) for a traditional truck/trailer setup. Australia has the superior 44 tonne limit. (Permits might let you haul more and States all have different exceptions etc)

>40 tonnes (80k lbs)
American education.
Wait aren't you canadian?

>he uses long tonnes
Pls go europoor
Don't you have a bull to prep?

tonne =/= ton

Boston to Dallas to Clovis, NM to Louisville to Los Angeles, now back to Dallas, then home to Houston
Not a bad 2 weeks. Normally I just get 700 mile deliver every other day crap.

Just running 3000lbs of aluminum out to PA, turning around, grabbing a 7000lb machine outside Cleveland, and scooting back to Toledo crossing my fingers on finding some more partial loads heading up into eastern Michigan. Worst case scenario I'll end the week with $1200 in my pocket after expenses. Not bad for 15 hours of work.

Why do you have the need to flaunt your earnings all the time? Are you missing something in your life? Compensating for something?

>3000lbs on a skateboard
Fuck, you must fly up the hills

Why do you feel the need to fault him for your own fears of success? Are you projecting your overcompensation onto him?

>Why do you feel the need to fault him for your own fears of success?
Just genuinely curious. I make around what he makes a year but I don't mention it every time I post. Dickwaving is just dickwaving.

After all the
>HURR DURR YOU'LL NEVER MAKE ANY MONEY IN THE TRADES
Faggotry at the end of the last thread I'm just showing the wagecucks what they could be doing with their time instead of sitting and spinning on fat dispatcher cock 14 hours a day.

If I wanted to dickwave I might consider working full time.

Not to mention
>E M M P E E G E E S
Looking at 8mpg both ways. Doesn't seem like much until you consider this unit's lifetime mpg is 5.5.

I post all the little bullshit I deal with as a company slave.
What else is TFag supposed to post about?

You wanna meet up for a handshake and a handjob?
I'm stopping for fuel in perrysburg

>weight limits are approx 40 tonnes (80k lbs)
Nah m8. You murricans get 38 Tonnes/40 burgerTons.

tbph 44Tonnes is only acheived via the National Heavy Vechicle Accreditation Scheme (NHVAS) with a Mass Management permit and having a truck with an approved front underrun protection system (FUPS). Without FUPS it is 43.5tonnes.
Without the NHVAS mass management permit a standard everyday semi is 42.5tonnes.

FYI

>38 Tonnes
Im pretty sure it actually only 36tonnes

>come up to store I have to deliver to
>off the street and have to back into it, other businesses line the street
>store has 3 of their own straight trucks in the lot, figure I can squeeze in and drive up
>nope.jpg
>drive down the street and turn around
>park on side and jump out to tell store workers to move trucks
>waiting in truck and guy comes out of store and gets workers to actually move their trucks and walks to me
>business I'm parked by bitched to the store that I'm blocking their window view
>put flashers on and move up to back in
>car comes down and drives right up to the trailer, he won't move
>drive forward down the street to let him through and turn around
>cut the corner too soon and trailer goes over the hood of a parked car, trailer wheels a foot away from it
>sweating bullets I back up and get trailer away from the car
>do 10 point turn around while blocking both sides of traffic
>successfully back into store

My worst driving experience so far.

How does a cab drive with no trailer?

T-thanks senpais

ayy i'm drunk on the weekend guys and I'm not a trucker. whats the weirdest shit you've ever seen on the side of the road while cruising around

>on the weekend
I mean weekday

forgive me truckers ssnepais

It's good experience though, I've had to pull off some sketchy backings before. Mainly a tiny ass "warehouse" in Seattle, it was a tight alley with cars on both end, I rocked back and forth for half an hour before I squeezed in. That shit ain't fun.

I always feel like I'm going to pull hektik skidz because there's no substantial weight over the drives.

Saw this car pull out in front of this organ donor going 40mph

Damn, how much do they weigh? I assumed they're heavy as fuck.

Typical sleeper cab is in the area of 19,000#

no u, you are our resident fuck up and it's good to know that no matter what you do, whiney has fucked it up better than you.

8 - 10 tonnes

Its not weight so much as it is the sheer amount of torque you put into the ground.

What kind of fat ass tractor weighs 10 tonnes?

You mean besides Australian spec "pigfat deluxe" tractors?

Your mother :^)

>Arrive at shipper
>Stop at guard stack
>Guard hollers at me, tells me to move over to paved area
>Move
>Go to check in
>'What're you here for.'
>Clearly I'm picking up, as I just rolled up with an empty flatbed
>"I'm here for a pick-up."
>'Wheel back around to the entrance, get on the scale, call us with your pickup number.'
>The scale I was just next to before they told me to move
>They could've told me this to begin with rather than telling me to move to this paved area
>Get on scale, check in on CB
>'That pickup number is invalid.'
>"Well what should it start with?"
>'Pull off the scale and get your pickup number and what you're picking up.'
>"Well I'm picking up aluminum, what should the pickup number start with?"
>'Pull off the scale and get your pickup number.'
>The fuck
>Park again and call dispatch
>Dispatch needs to know what it starts with
>Ask guard shack again via CB
>'It's a six digit number.'
>I gave them a six digit number to begin with
And now I wait.

A KW T909

Kek
I once had a place ask for a pickup number that started with a 0 and was five digits long.

About an hour later, after providing all other supporting info (what I'm picking up, where it's going etc), they figure out my pickup number is 00056

PS: Gary, IN sure had some shitty weather today

KW T680 was 19,500lbs.

11,000 on the steers
8500 on the drives

Just got a message from dispatch. The number I gave is valid, it's what the shipper gave us.

huh, I went through there a few hours ago and it was fine, aside from the normal faggotry.

once again murricunt, tons != tonnes

Fucking heaps of them.
Any prime mover rated over 90 tonnes is going to be 10 tonne, and that includes the flagship Euros such as the V8 Scania R.
If you want to pull road trains, you can't get away with a light weight prime mover.

Figures. I don't know how more drivers don't go postal.

Scratch that. Dispatch was giving me some sort of "inside only" pickup number that's used by the bean counters in the offices. The pickup number for us working folk out in the sun was different. Waiting to back into the loading area now.

QQ Gundamu, do most of your deliveries/pick ups happen in an open 'loading area' or do you bump docks like back in your dryvan days?

Crete likes to send 5-10 numbers with each load.

Two things you can know for certain. If it's listed as a BOL number, it has absolutely nothing to do with your load. If it's listed as a pickup number, it is most definitely not the pickup number.

50% chance that NONE of the numbers they send are the pickup number.

If they send more than 10 numbers, then you can be absolutely certain that none of them are the pickup number.

It's disgusting.

I haven't backed to a dock since I started at Roehl, but I do occasionally back between trailers at a loading area. In this instance I'll be backing into a garage bay door into a warehouse, the floor is trailer height, it'll be on the driver side for me, and we back in 3 trucks in a line, and forklifts load us up. Other places have been just pull straight through, and an overhead crane hanging from the ceiling loads you. Got to deliver some manufactured thingamajig to a construction site once that was unloaded with a legit crane.
Nice. I've only had loads like that a few times in my time on the road, all at Skyline when they could only find me a broker load. Brokers suck balls.

Werner did that a few times and would usually supply us with 3 numbers some apparently,were even time sensitive.
>get to shipper give numbers
>yeah these check out. Begins loading me
>ok all we gotta do is confirms the number on the paperwork that's printing
>3 hours later
>uh, the numbers don't check out anymore. We have to unload you now.. sorry.
Was a broker load.
Gordo likes to give 2 and odds of it being correct are very slim.

Is there a way to pin this in the catalog on a mobile phone? Can't use my gaming desktop on the road. :(

>Numbers ok
>Get loaded
>Numbers no longer ok
>Get unloaded
wat
I just leave the thread open as my first tab. Been on here since I got this phone. I bookmarked the URL for a catalog search of 'trucker,' just clicking that always brings up the thread.

Just another day of phoning farmers and getting no answers or calls back. Fuck I even texted one lady an hour ago and still nothing. Even if I knew where they were I'm not supposed to show up without giving them a call. In other news though, should be a 5000km week hopefully

He's idiot enough to work for Swift, and keeps making rookie mistakes because he's a rookie.
It's mostly just banter. Only WE get to pick on him.

>what they could be doing with their time instead of sitting and spinning on fat dispatcher cock 14 hours a day
Sitting and fapping to anime 14 hours a day and still making more money?

> Putting stuff in freezer
> Notice two trays missed by a driver
> Go to put them in the van, leaving a note for him
> One tray in
> Second tray, get frozen peas everywhere because a bag split
> Go to swap the item
> Pick up wrong item, realise it halfway back
> Go to swap it AGAIN
> On the way, someone's managed to drop pasta sauce all down themselves
> Get them a roll of paper and carry on
> Get derailed by manager on the way to do stuff
JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LET ME DO MY FUCKING JOB

Semis still need all the stuff a normal car needs right? I needed to have a truck towed and while getting its info, noticed that it had no plates. The only license plate was on the trailer.

>park on a curb in a truck stop, not an actual spot because packed to hell
>sleeping about an hour, pounding on my door
>dude from the truck stop tells me I can't park there
>I point out that I'm blocking absolutely nothing, causing no inconvenience to anybody
>says I have to park in a marked spot, I can't park here
>fuck man...ok.
>pull out my phone and start looking for somewhere else to park
>ain't nothing
>start examining city streets for possible street parking
>knocking on my door
>"you can't park here. Really. You have to move."
>I understand that. But I need to figure out where I'm going before I leave
>"You can't park here"
>...are you a broken record? I'm leaving.
>"ok but you can't park here, you need to park in a spot"
>dude. I can't just leave. I have to have a destination. give me a minute
>"you can't park here"
>Listen shitface if you would shut the fuck up and leave me alone for 2 minutes I will be gone. I would have been gone already if you weren't sitting here barking the same stupid fucking line at me over and over
>"you don't need to be cursing at me I'm just doing my job"
>ok man...just give me a minute and I'll be gone
>"but you can't park here you need to move your truck"
>oh fuck off
so I moved my fucking truck on to the fuel island and continued staring at my phone. he seemed to be okay with that.
I don't know if he was trolling or literally pants on head retarded.

What truck stop? And was it a truck stop employee or a security guard? I have a sudden irrational fear that it was one of my guys.

Only need a front plate in most states. They'll give you a temporary registration to tape up in the windshield while you're waiting on your plate. Plates cost anywhere from $1500-$5000+/year. Trailer plates are a one time thing, and only a few hundred bucks.

On top of that you need a binder full of registrations and permits to haul interstate freight.

Sounds like a pilot. Corporate has been riding their asses about creative parking since they started trying to sell parking spots.

QuikTrip near Atlanta.
5705 Fulton Industrial Blvd SW, Atlanta, GA 30336.

If you look at it on google maps, you'll see people parked on the same curb.
I wasn't blocking somebody in like one of the guys in the image tho

Are you a thyssenkrupp driver?
It sounds like you named the areas of our eastern hubs

What's the biggest thing you can drive without a CDL? I got the DOT card or whatever so that I could drive flatbeds for a roofing company, but those only had 16' beds. Would my DOT thing from OH allow me to work in NC?

I believe as long as it only has 2 axels you can drive it without a cdl. You could also drive a large pick-up with say a gooseneck trailer, you'd probably just need a heavy trailer endorsement.

Canada is a bit different. You can transport dangerous goods without a cdl. Thanks for the info graphic though, I can't really speak for America

>truck rolls back into me
>this gets called a preventable accident
>get terminated over it
>whatever.jpeg this was a shit company anyway
>try finding new one but the 'accident' is an immediate disqualifier everywhere
>tfw no longer cpmcuck but wageslave once again
Well shit
How do I even try to dispute this?
Wat do /truckergen/

>pull into shipper
>go in to office
>give info
>wrong pick up number

Ok... Let me call dispatch

>nah dont bother i know why youre here. Pull around to door 9 and wait.
>get to door 9
>3 trucks in front of me
>2 already backed in
>waiting in line

Where in eastern Michigan?

>mfw doing my DOT re-certification today to get back on the road
>mfw got medically released

If you get it towed by a tow truck most places don't bother them for the lack of plates. As long as it looks like its been on the road recently a lot of cops just assume it was pulled over by DOT and had the plates pulled, and short of pulling the tow truck over, they have nothing to verify anything quickly.

That or you throw it on a float trailer and they really cant say shit then

How the fuck do you even see out of those without lowering your seat so far you can't fucking see over the bonnet?
I tried having one of those in ATS, and I couldn't see SHIT. I had to have it replaced with a much smaller one so I could fucking see out the fucking truck and still judge where the front end was.
ETS2 had me spoiled for sitting right at the front of the truck, with a mirror pointing down into the frontal blind spot so I could stop mere inches from cars.

But for I can have a Freightliner Argosy that comes in at 9.2t rated for 100t.

>44 tonnes
is kind of irrelevant now that the russiafags have pointed out their 100 tonne rigs.

In my state, the tow truck displays a second plate (transporter plate) that covers the vehicle being towed - so even if the towed vehicle is missing plates / unregistered / whatever, it's covered by the transport plate on the wrecker.

Image related also has a 3rd plate, a hulk plate, which is specifically for towing non-street-legal scrap cars.

Ya I've heard Washington is ass backwards retarded when it comes to towing. 3 plates is just an excuse to bend them over.

Sup

Easy way for cops to tell the difference between a legit wrecker, and somebody using a secondhand tow truck to steal cars. Look for the transport plate.

But if you don't have any wheels of the hauled vehicle on the ground, you don't need any of it. If the towed vehicle has wheels on the ground, but current registration/plates, you don't need any of it.

>Just an excuse to bend them over.
The plates literally cost $6.

You missed all the fun. I got woken up there by my phone blasting the emergency alert tone for a severe thunderstorm warning this morning. Lightning strikes reported within 4 miles. It had more or less cleared up by the time I got rolling, but I still saw four wheeler accidents on both sides of the 80 as I got the fuck out of that shithole

The best is when you show up at shipper you deadheaded 200 miles to
>"uhh, your pickup and confirmation number check out, but the other driver checking in at the gate has the same numbers. We already loaded it into his company's trailer, so please gtfo"

But how much can you move without a cdl? Note that the chart said "placcardable amount", which I believe is 1001+ pounds for most hazmat

Anyone have info on this rare engine? Volvo ve10-260E

As near as I can tell if you aren't transporting anything for profit you don't need a cdl. Proving you aren't may be a bit more difficult. As I see Volvos hauling rv trailers and the "toy" all the time with no markings and watch them repeatedly fail at backing,turning wide and various other things even silly goobs like whiney wouldn't do.
>mfw he actually had someone come out to swap the load with him

That's not even the right photo. Wtf phone?

This tarp job I've done is Whiney-Kun 2: Flatbed Boogaloo - A Little Less Weeb This Time and Knuckles tier.

>Back at the holiday inn again
>this orientation is fucking pointless
>get on truck tomorrow
>pizza is going to take 2 fucking hours to get here...wth

Tfw female mentor

yiff in hell

Its a movie dumbass

I'm almost positive in Canada a cdl is not required to transport dangerous goods so long as you have the tdg certificate. I know the 5 tonne ltl company i drove for transported dangerous goods regularly weighing over 1001lbs. And I know there are other companies back home that just had box trucks that did the same thing. America has a lot more fucking retarded rules though

Hey NEwbie, PTL here. I ended up starting early. I'm in orientation. Day 2 of 2 tomorrow and looking for a trainer on Friday. Do you get to pick your trainer?

Is ice road trucking a meme or is it really as lucrative as they say? I know it's dangerous and don't really care

You cant pick your trainer your trainer has to pick you. Tomorrow is day 3/3 of orientation for me

PTL seems cool. We interview and pick trainers and our phase 2 teammate. We can fire dispatchers if they suck. And I thought the team pay was bullshit where they only paid you 17 cents per mile you drive but you get paid even when the other guy drives. I wasn't sure how that worked.

We get paid 34 cpm but only for the miles we actually drive

From what I've heard ice road trucking is really fucking boring and not as dangerous as its made out to seem. They wouldn't let you cross any ice if it wasn't safe. The only difficult part would be if you're too retarded to read a map and pay attention to how far you've driven so you don't miss a turn

Post pic

Poop

Asstittys

My brother and i want to get our cdl training through a company and then go team driving. Im looking at Swift and Prime, prime is better in about every way but he wants to go with Swift.
What do?

But I'm right here

Did they finally change their shitty policy of $7.25 an hour?