Why didn't they make a v8 Manual?

Why didn't they make a v8 Manual?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/xyg43f_torque-multiplication_auto
trucknews.com/test-drive/driving-international-prostar-allison-tc10-transmission/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why didn't they use ecoboost instead?

Manual generally isn't useful in pickups.

Why should it?

It's a utility truck and it benefits more from that with a torque converter.

Damn, I'm thinking we need a Tundra/Sequoia/Land Cruiser general at this point

To answer your question, there isn't much demand for full-size V8 pickups with manual transmissions these days. If you want a stick, look up a manual swap guide and grab a W58 manual trans from any RWD Toyota coupe/sedan

Also, a 4:1 rear end from a Supra might be worth doing, as a stock rear end on an A340 equipped truck/SUV combined with a 5 speed would have tall as fuck gearing, assuming you aren't 4WD

How so?

Is the V6 Manual any good?

Less towing capacity and higher chance to mess up the transmission.

Yeah, nah. Get the 2UZ if you can, shit's maximum comfy

Nice Meme

You fucking stupid.

He's not wrong, though.

Torque convertors multiply torque which in getting things moving when under a heavy load which is good for trucks if you use it for any type of work:
>dailymotion.com/video/xyg43f_torque-multiplication_auto

Plus the torque convertors fluid coupling means that you are less likely to burn it out as you would with the mechanical coupling of the dry clutch which in turn means less regular maintenance required.

then why are semi trucks manual

Some new semis do use automatics you fucking autist

Except autos tend be far less relaible overall.

My 94 Trooper, 190k, rocking a 5-speed still going strong. Has exactly 0 transmission issues.

inertia. big rigs will have automatics soon enough

They already do, this started years ago.

Only if you can't drive, or you predominantly use your pickup for peak hour metro drop couriering.

Generally the trade off with getting low-end torque multiplication is less efficiency at higher speeds.

If your use of the truck does not require a lot of stop-and-go or heavy loads, a manual is probably better. This is why manuals generally get lower rated towing and payload capacity and are more commonly seen in compact light duty trucks.

Found the pencil pusher.

That's all well and good if you're doing a lot of stop-starting. Otherwise the standard clutch driven shift linkage box is the best bet.
The majority of those are automated manuals with a computer controlled clutch.
The few slushbox equipped heavy truck are generally rubbish trucks, concrete agitators, watercarts and six wheel tippers that do a lot of inner city shit.

You know in just about every other country, pickups are 99% manual and people go out and tow with them all the time. An automatic Trans in a ute/pickup is considered stupid and faggy

Redpill me on the Allison guys.

Because most semi tractors spend much of their operating time at highway speeds and because they require the operator to have a specialized license to drive. They also don't spend a lot of time driving on dirt roads either.

It doesn't matter, though. More and more semi tractors are becoming available with automatic transmissions in recent years.

maybe you better mosey on back to /pol/, friendo

Yeah, well every other country has never been to the moon.

And those "automatic transmissions" you speak of are nothing more than automated manuals that have nothing to do with the slushbox in your pickup.

>complaining about lack of V8s
>When a diesel is what you want in a truck regardless of its size

Because you are using a truck for truck things? Why would you buy one for anything else

and there shit

Most semi tractor manufacturers offer true automatic transmissions that use torque convertors.

fuck off, bitch boy

ty for sort of answering my question

A semi has double amount of gears and the transmission alone weighs more than an entire 1 ton pickup.

For cost and weight an automatic is best.

Wow neat, my ram with a 545rfe auto has 350k miles with zero transmission issues.

>man on moon is irrelevant, but robot on moon somehow is.

Chart confirmed for faggotry.

As I said before, for smaller inner city metro vehicles like garbage trucks, watercarts, concrete agis and tippers that do a lot of stop-start or require the drive to be loaded yet still modulate speed.
Further than that, they're useless.

>pick out single point and argue that whilst disregarding everything else
You are the very definition of a strawman.

Plenty of Class 8 automatics are used for extra-urban purposes.

Really? Automatics that aren't automated Eaton Fullers?
Gotta say, I've never seen a slushbox class 8 specifically for extra-urban duties.

Broadly: auto = better towing performance and comfort. Manual = cheaper and potentially more durable.

see pic related. 1.5-2x more towing in the autos.

I know some guys who pull shit on a trailer for a living who swear by manual (landscaping, construction and shit like that), but they don't tow super heavy shit and they mostly just want lowest cents per mile and minimum downtime getting fixed at the garage at the expense of comfort, capacity and ease of use. Tundras aren't cheap to begin with so going for the working guys who want minimum cpm isn't a worthwhile option for them IMO.

nigger you're fucking retarded an RTLO20918b (18 speed) weighs like 400 lbs tops. I can lift one onto a skid with help from one other guy.

Yes. Non-AMT automatics with torque convertors. Usually Allisons. Peterbilt, International, Kenworth are just a few that have an TC automatic option in their Class 8 tractors.

>trucknews.com/test-drive/driving-international-prostar-allison-tc10-transmission/

On pickups it is not really that important. By now you can get equivalent performance out of an automatic just by including a 1,2,3 and "OD off" on an automatic. The only people who would want a manual would be enthusiasts. Since most enthusiasts will be swapping in and out all kinds of different shit might as well just make it automatic and sell to a more general buyer.

Plus I would assume the V8 that Toyota has is usually paired with an automatic so making the design changes and tooling changes to accommodate a manual transmission option would just increase the design/production costs.

Also torque converter.

The real sin here is chrome wheels. It's 2016 people leave chrome wheels back in the 1950s and Trump's garage where they belong.

That doesn't make both your initial and requisite argument any less callow to begin with.

manuals belong on sports cars, not comfy light duty pickups

>Trump's chrome
>not gold

You done goofed

faggot`