/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, September 5th:
917 – Liu Yan declares himself emperor, establishing the Southern Han state in southern China, at his capital of Panyu.
1698 – In an effort to Westernize his nobility, Tsar Peter I of Russia imposes a tax on beards for all men except the clergy and peasantry.
1839 – The United Kingdom declares war on the Qing dynasty of China.
1914 – World War I: First Battle of the Marne begins. Northeast of Paris, the French attack and defeat German forces who are advancing on the capital.

>News
EU4 Rights of Man DLC announced

EU4 DD18/08
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-18th-of-august-2016.963425/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!IkNwBRKR!WI_JYByFpRFzXLx3d1uD2A

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.5 - 29/07/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V8
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=64425
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Meneth fix HIP

After scandinavia, what should I do?

Impossible. One cannot report a shitpost while ignoring it, nor is one ignoring a shitpost if they report it.

Holstein.

Arumba baka desu senpai

Is the encourage immigration NF that effective?

It's sequential not simultaneous. You report the shitpost THEN proceed to ignore it.

Just HOW can one man be so based?!

>yfw had the Menshevik never lost power, Latin America would develop alongside Europe

Meneth is based and so is his mod.

Is there any way to download Reaper's Due separately, without downloading the other DLCs I already have (In that Rezmar link)?

Old Gods Khazaria. I ended up with 66% of my court being Azhkenazi due to Feudal Christians expelling the Jewry so I figured I might as well convert culture once I'm not Nomadic anymore.
Keeping Altaic raiding would've been more useful, but eh.

Probably not. When a new DLC comes out everybody uploads the whole game. The best you can get is the DLCs only link from Rezmar. Anyway the game is pretty small, even with very shit internet it shouldn't take more than an hour to download it.

Some people have data limits, like my university where going over a 40 GB/month plan on-campus is stupidly expensive because the uni can't be fucked installing even copper wiring and force everyone to use a satellite provider.

I always respond but forget to report, please HELP?

Well I downloaded Conclave (separately) from Rezmar in KAT when KAT's still around. Internet is not the problem for me, but the shitty ISP. In a day I can only use 800MB or else my bandwidth will be throttled.

How do I stop other countires' spies making revolts in my territory in EU3?
Feels like every year there's a new revolt, and I can't seem to stop it, what do I do?

Then go outside campus or suck some dudes dick for his bandwidth.

I'm playing with the latest version of HPM as greece, I chose the option at the beginning where you can only start a crisis after 1870 and having researching revolution and counterrevolution. It's 1872 now and I researched it, but the national focus button is still greyed out in places where I have cores and a crisis is possible. What's wrong?

You pick vetting and build spy agencies user.

Why don't we make our own Cold War/modern day mod for Vicky?

NWO

>we
>not I
thats why.

What happend to EvW?

I havent been here for a while, but i remember there was some hype for it

Here's a screenshot, what am I supposed to do? Spend 17k research points on that shit, for nothing.

Gone forever. You can find alpha online.

There's an event that fires after R&C that unlocks all that stuff.

>2.69M
>hasn't reclaimed Thessalia, let alone Greece, in almost 40 yrs of game time

wu lad

>picking on new guys
He will abuse Oriental crisis next time user.

Went for Nigeria, sweet rubber. Also damn turks are strong af this time, they still own Egypt and are allied with Russia. No way I can do this with war. I need Thessalia to even have enough pops to fight just the Turks, but then Russia would come and fuck me.

Oh that explains it, thanks. That event only affects me, right? So other countries need to research it themselves to do it?

>he conquered everything but Warri
ayy

No it activates for whole world, like how ideologies show up.

For everyone.

Next time choose to have crises from 1836 if you want to use crises.

Oh fuck this shit, so I could have just researched something else and waited.

They are allied with sokoto, and I have 0 research in army tech, so they would tear me a new one. I'm going to get them soon.

Just how desperate for dick are 11 year olds?

Not very, which is why they can't get married.

And funnily enough this means ai would get it sooner or later and you didnt have to research it.
Also that Greece is terrible, try it again.

Do you not understand the diffrence between a betrothal and a marriage ?

NWO is shit tough

ur shit

make a better mod if you dont like it you fucking nigger

The queen doesn't have anyone above her, so it's probably her decision to accept the betrothal and not her regent's

Fuck off back to stormfront, simsulla

simsulla pls
instead of making the new meme regions you should instead focus on giving more choices for the eastern bloc

>meanwhile in ISIS
Also
>can form superstates
>when new nation joins in you dont get pops as accepted
>assimilation to "European,etc" superstate cultures doesnt work

>superstates are barely-functional messes that nobody feels a real connection to
At least that part is working properly.

>independence events twice a week
It gets tedious real quick.
Also NO REBELS EVER

The cost for that scales with yearly income to an almost ludicrous extreme, I had one asking for five-digit ducats as a happy merchant.

I paid up, what else is there to use money on.

What am I looking at here?

stuff like this actually exists?

>safe from disease
>maxed castles

shiid lads

Whats the liquor factories of this mod?
More importantly where is the fabled horse factory???

You shouldve started with Warri, Sokoto cant get military access to help them

Two versions of the same paper with the same ads running roughly the same article with a different spin, I'm assuming.

Or some kind of fucking Cluedo-movie type thing.

Newspaper rewriting story for different states.

PDM economy is piss easy, dont even bother user.

How the fuck can you guys call this bug-ridden broken mess that is For the Glory the GOAT of GS? I am genuinely mind-boggled by this autism

Well, I guess I just have to wait for the Dual monarchy to revolt now.

what have I done

I'd laugh if they went full France and never had the Occitans rebelling.

What are some good mods for HOI3?

Holy shit, I didn't know about this.

Why are you building castles and not cities?

Because he can't hold cities without suffering of the wrong type of demesne penalty?

It doesn't exist anymore.

That's why you give them to mayors and get yourself more counties.

how do I stop these fags from voting for me? I don't want to become the emperor.

W-w-waggle you willies lads?

It's a prosperity event. You NEED lvl3 prosperity and crown focus on a province to trigger it.

Building castles, ever, anywhere, is a mistake if you have LoR enabled. Yes even the discount event one. Owning baronies is only good if you are a count or a duke in an area where conquest is near impossible. There really are very few such areas.

I enjoyed Blue Max if you want some alt history

Break free of the empire or faction for better succession law. Or go on a truce breaking spree.

Eh?

Look at the name and dynasty.

but if I break free everyone will wreck me. and no vassal would join a faction to remove elective succession because it would decrease their influence.

it's a trap

It always boggles my mind when people try to avoid becoming emperor. I just don't get it.

I heard it all, don't try to explain, I just don't get it on a personal preference level.

I wasn't kidding about truce breaking, they are voting for you because they like you and your prestige score

Forgot to mention - another trick is to cuckold them all.

um, I don't want to become emperor because I'm not trying to become emperor. you know the point of paradox game is that you can choose what to do, but you can't choose to NOT become emperor, people just vote for you and you can't refuse the title it's fucking annoying.

threadly reminder that there's literally nothing wrong with international communism

>Historical Project Mod
>goes up to 1936
>unlimited maximum number of Great Wars
>doesn't have any flavour on worldwide economic crises at all

based falseflag poster

I'm trying to get my preferred heir to inherit by giving him a title so he'll vote for himself, but he always becomes a theocracy rather than a tribal vassal. This doesn't happen with either of my other sons. What gives?

this kid gon get doomstacked hard

Is bishopic primary demesne in a title?

by this

What the fuck have they done to mercs?

@153927542
Talex forgot to take her ritalin and is talking to her for attention again.

All I want is a Grand Strat that allows me to have fun with my Namibian-Tswana union desu

All holdings are tribal aside from Lubusz, where the primary holding is a castle.

Again, this only happens with my preferred heir. Anyone else would become a tribal vassal. He doesn't have any titles, though he is the designated reagent.

Alex is based

Talex

troß

t. Grandi Youth PRO

we emperors now

Nothing, I'm just abusing the system by having my kingdom be fully tax-oriented while dumping the excess gold into the mercenaries I own so they become big enough that no one (except me) buys them. You end up with a doomstack fully at your disposal but with no vassal levies, so you're pretty much fucked if you enter a war without gold.
Pic rel, look at my gold in both pictures. The total this stack has costed me so far over all the wars is well above 20k

The good thing is, if you learn to manage your gold and time the wars, you pretty much win the game.

Reminder

Americans are based.

Fix the fucking archive you whiny faggots I dont want to buy the CK2 DLC

This reminds me, what triggers the population exchange shit, and can you still get it if you take megali idea?

Stop being so entitled.

cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=64425

hello /r/paradoxplaza!