/tsg/ - The Sims General

ThioJoe Edition

>Last Time On /tsg/
>FAQ:Is TS4 worth playing yet?
Yes, TS4 is very much worth playing. They've added tons of free content in patches. Gamepacks and expansions have greatly increased the fun also. At least give it a pirate.

>Official News:
thesims.com/news
simsvip.com/

>Patch Notes for The Sims 4:
help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-4-updates/

>General Sims Information:
pastebin.com/MxNGbcnW (embed)

>Expansion Evaluation:
The Sims 3: a.pomf.cat/dhgjdd.pdf

>Booru:
tsg.booru.org/index.php
>Discord:
discord.gg/2gmDxEw

>Gallery Tag:
#ts4vg (Enable Custom Content in left pane)

>Game Cracks:
pastebin.com/WUrPaKbF (embed)

>Mods and Custom Content:

- Sims 4 and 3: pastebin.com/RDKeBuTG (embed)
- Sims 2: pastebin.com/eYZvWXYs (embed)
- Sims 1 + Complete Collection: pastebin.com/akQ8QXWq (embed)
- Maxis Match for Sims 4: pastebin.com/wS3a2En9 (embed)
- Adult CC: pastebin.com/m47uZqct (embed)

>Downloading Tray Files for Version Mismatch:
pastebin.com/aWC3Nc0T (embed)

>Challenges:
pastebin.com/TXiybiTu (embed)

>/tsg/ Sim Downloads:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WyivmPslqRVwU8eRLcY1a_SGFrdQ4qEVI1Oee3mXdTA/edit?usp=sharing

>Archive/Other Resources:
pastebin.com/kkq3CRss (embed)

>OP Template Resources
dropbox.com/sh/xfes0e760tkoojt/AACwI8al4j9fDCDCznxvCjwPa?dl=0

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/open?id=0B6g_NArb68F7X3dIQ1dzZFlBN2M
youtube.com/watch?v=_nP8KR8dCw0
youtube.com/watch?v=tzmsZlFq-V8
humanowitzlegacy.tumblr.com/post/150014525317/oppenheimer-colony-your-home-away-from-home
steamcommunity.com/app/47890/discussions/0/846954921951120944/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WyivmPslqRVwU8eRLcY1a_SGFrdQ4qEVI1Oee3mXdTA/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=iqaprLT7zic
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Should I feel bad that all I ever do on The Sims 4 is create new characters using the create-a-sim tool despite having a PC that can run The Sims 3 with all expansion packs?

I mean, my PC still lags whenever I try to play my favorite worlds Setra and Los Aniegos and I haven't really played the game because I don't own all of the EA worlds and stuff packs yet alone the premium items. Also, I'm too scared to pirate things as my recent install of the game came from my free digital copies on Origin due to me being fucking lazy.

Also, does anyone know what the fuck, "Adventureland" is?

Why does it seem like EA has totally gone silent when it comes to this game?

A part of me suspects EA might realize they made a mistake with the fourth edition and will soon be announcing a fifth.

How did I do at making an early hominid?

I was trying to make homo-erectus from images on Google.

I'm bumping this thread so it could stay alive until content comes.

Where can I get all the hairs and clothes from the Sims 3 expansions without having to install the packs?
I've found it before but I can't find it right now.

This.

and user bumped until the end of time itself..

Remington worries today will be slow - what with lots of people doing RL things. Outside. With other people.

Remington is my kind of dude.

Actual last thread: Also I come bearing gifts

An user decided to share a fuckload of his stuff including a /v/-house and tons of sims for ts3, get it here drive.google.com/open?id=0B6g_NArb68F7X3dIQ1dzZFlBN2M

Does this include the moot and Josef Fritzl sims?

Who is ThioJoe?

I'm not sure

>Who is ThioJoe?
A satirist on YouTube who managed to inadvertently fool idiots into thinking they could get $5,000 if they write a letter to Barack Obama and sit on their lazy ass.

> How to Make Money Without Working
youtube.com/watch?v=_nP8KR8dCw0

And his response to people thinking his video was serious,
youtube.com/watch?v=tzmsZlFq-V8

>remember all the content 3 has
>desire to play it intensifies
>remember that it's a broken mess
>remember that cas takes years to load
>remember how awful the sims look

>TS4 way too boring without new expansion
>Decide on playing TS2 because it's actually fun and runs well
>Get all the good mods and CC
>No traits
>No story progression
>God awful routing and build mode

I just.... can't win between these 3 games.

Make a pros cons chart for the three?

2 won out for me.

For me 2 feels ancient and runs like complete shit on my good pc. 1 is literally ancient.

I was actually about to download 3 once again but I remembered the worst thing of all. The empty public lots, I can't stand it.

Guess it's 4 or nothing. EA pls, for the love of fuck release a new expansion soon.

I would be entirely okay with Sims 4 if only you could still freely customize hair and clothing colours without mods.
Literally everything else I could do without, but removing this features was the most bullshit disgrace they could've possible done.

I miss that a lot but it wasn't game-breaking for me. I think TS4 gameplay just feels too boring... I can't even pinpoint what it is exactly. I always play legacy playthroughs in all of my sims but TS4 just feels stale. All of my sims feel the same (maybe that's my fault?) there's not much to do until you're a teenager. Hate to be that guy but I guess I just *really* want generations and pets themed expansions, families are too boring.

But it's hard for me to downgrade cause I love these graphics and the sims especially.

I actually don't mind it that much.
To be honest, I really like 4. It looks good, runs good, plays good. The emotions, multitasking, all the little improvements, I can say I'm pleased. Even with stuff like color wheels and toddlers missing.

It's playable right now but it really needs more content. It needs FUCKING WEATHER, seriously already, more vacation worlds, more activities and objects, pets, university, supernatural.

I don't have either of the expansion packs, do they add ANYTHING worthwhile, because just reading the summaries they look worthless.

Of course, they're fun. I don't know what you are expecting if you think they're boring.

Anyway, watch the LGR reviews, see if what they offer interests you.

Yeh what he said, watch the LGR and decide for yourself.

If you're lazy and want my opinion, I'd go with Get Together, because the clubs are actually kind of fun. The new town is pretty nice too.

I've been playing the Sims 3 on my 3ds but now I want to play Sims 4 on PC. When I download it off their official site, will I get all that extra content like backyard stuff and romantic garden or do I have to pay for those separately.

Sims 4 = Sims 3 = Sims 2 > Sims 1.

Also, having an imagination and knowing how to roleplay helps.

Just buy them all.

I wonder who's behind this post

Doesn't matter, The Sims is a series that is fully enjoyable when you have everything. It's what Jew EA has planned. To be a Sims player is synonymous with being a masochist.

>The Sims is a series that is fully enjoyable when you have everything.

That is true.
So I suggest that guy pirate everything.

This couldn't be any further from the truth. Even if Sims 3 DIDN'T run like ass with all expansion packs, the gameplay turns into such a clusterfuck that it just gets silly.
The true Sims experience is picking and choosing exactly what you want to make your experience unique

Pirates are the scum of the Earth. Here is what you do.

1. Get a job.
2. Move out of your parent's house.
3. Earn a living.
4. Buy all the Sims games you want.
5. ???????
6. PROFIT!

> This couldn't be any further from the truth.
I'm glad you made this conclusion about your post before the readers do.
> The true Sims experience is picking and choosing exactly what you want to make your experience unique
See above.

Fuck off EA jewcunt.

Can I pirate the EPs if I have the base game legit?

No.
Just get one of the repacks that has everything.
You won't be able to use the gallery but it's sure better than giving hundreds of dollars/euros to Satan himself.

Why do you refuse to get a job, Anonymous?

New (rumored) leak on City Life, twitter.com/TheSimScraper/status/772819000669634560

This EP looks promising. I still want Seasons or Generations or something, but I have always loved Apartments (especially in TS2) so eh, this looks good enough.

Nice.
Hopefully it will be cracked fast.

>>FAQ:Is TS4 worth playing yet?
>Yes, TS4 is very much worth playing.

Is this just to help keep the thread alive?

Can you guys recommend me some good cc free houses for 4? From mod sites and blogs.

Also, they have to be made before dine out because I can't be bothered to do the version mismatch fix thing.

Hopefully City life comes out soon

So far it's been 9 months between base game - exp 1 - exp 2 right? It's already month 9 but if we get an announcement within a week then maybe by October it'll be released... pls.

There's also apparently a better version of that city life pic that got leaked and the festivals actually look really fun, and with bands and apartments now I'm pretty pumped

You probably mean this one.
I don't think it's fake, looks pretty legit.

you'll be bumping this thread until october

>Try going back to Sims 3
>Spend a few hours trying to make notshit sims
>Actually play for about 20 minutes
>Have no idea what to do
>Quit game

I keep thinking half this stuff looks like CC (I swear I've seen that jewelled hairstyle in the front before).

Basketball's doable with pose packs. Chopsticks from the OhMySims mod.

But then there's the food stalls, and they're not using the exact same font that every single Simlish CC uses... so honestly I dunno. Could be legit.

But I'm not holding my breath. It's exactly the sort of pack I've wanted forever, and for that reason I'm not gonna believe a word of it until it's confirmed.

>having an imagination and knowing how to roleplay helps
Holy shit, I don't even know why I try out sims games anymore. There's always that time that I'll get the game when there already some expansions, spend hours checking for mod(I swear that's one of the best part of my experience), see all this pictures and possibilities I will have. Then I finally get to the game, spend hours creating my sim and building house, while being terribly overwhelmed by the amount of stuff there is to build, decorate and create sim with, then I'll turn the live mode and...nothing. I'll start to control every move of my sim, micromanaging, trying to get best at job(and always end up doing loner sims because actual travel and parties are too much hassle and) and get bored in just few hours. Then I'll make new sim, repeat, get bored, uninstall.
The way sims need to be approached is so much different from other games that I just have no idea what to do.

desu shouldn't sage, thread about to die agian

holy shit I saged again

Looks alright.

>the state of this general

Makes me sad, really sad.
All the generals I like are dead and soon this will be too.
Fuck.

Believe user. Just believe.

Yet Kawata Shoujo General stays on page 1 constantly. Just how much can you talk about sticking your dick in cripple chicks in a visual novel anyhow? At least we have unique experiences over here; both in building and sims life. I'll never understand weeb logic.

Once I get a computer capable of playing Sims, I'll start posting my own content.

Unfortunately, that may not be until the new year.

Sims 4 doesn't take a very powerful PC. My graohics card is fucking old and still holds up.

It's ridiculous how little Maxis has improved it compared to Sims 3.

I have integrated Intel.

And I tried playing Sims 3 on it.

It's totally fucked because of it.

Sims 3 is much different then SIms 4 in runing wise. Im not sure how good the integrated is. But I played Sims 4 on lowest settings with an Invida card from 2006 on an XP machine.

this
Sims 3 is a horrible mess as far as performance is concerned. The continued necessity and existence of NRaas overwatch mod is a tribute to Maxis' incompetence.

Give Sims 4 a whirl.

It's long term running I'm worried about. Anything more than an hour.

Even Sims 2 no longer works well on my laptop. Although I blame that one on my habit of constructing large, tall buildings because I like the aesthetics of them. My laptop's a pile of shit and it just can't handle Sims games any more. The processor's shot to hell from age and laptops just have awful cooling.

Integrated graphics are literally the worst thing available. I'd rather just wait a while to buy a new desktop.

You could probably just get a shitty desktop on the cheap.

Have you tried repasting everything? Notebook manufacturers really do a piss-poor job at thermal pasting. If you're machine is really 10 years old then repasting it is probably quite sensible as you might want to keep it as a type-writer later on.

that looks like an abbo

You pay for those.

Finished my moonbase!

Impossible to take good screenshots in this place (too cramped), but I think it's comfy as fuck.

looks qt af

Thanks! I've uploaded it if anyone wants to check it out in-game.
humanowitzlegacy.tumblr.com/post/150014525317/oppenheimer-colony-your-home-away-from-home

Hit tab

at this point sims 4 with all DLC and EXPacks is over $200

just why

any help for a newbie to the general? The sims 4 is crashing after I installed the ultimate fix. Doesn't even make it past the menu despite me following the instructions to the T. Any work arounds?

Cheaper than TS3.
If you wanted all EPs and all store content, you'd be looking at something like $74,926.31

Seventy four thousand dollars.
steamcommunity.com/app/47890/discussions/0/846954921951120944/

Store content for TS3 was a little crazy...

This is crazy, but I really hope the rumored Politics career does something beyond the standard Political Aide>Campaign Manager>Mayor>Senator>Leader of the Free World route. Like, it'd be cool if there was a branch after the Mayoral stage, so we have the choice for something different. What with all the touristy things in the EP, I could see an Ambassador or something being as possible career choice.

Actually, politics could be a lot of fun. You could call press conferences (which could spawn journalist Sims or something), and pass laws (just use the Scientist's satellite dish as a base, so you can affect the town's mood depending on your choices), and you could host political fundraising parties, which boost career performance.

Not to mention with the club system, you could have rival political parties and make them brawl in the streets for shits and giggles.

Politics career is just going to be another boring linear career like Astronaut

he counted everything separately and averaged, but that's understandable, but most of the items in the shop are bundled; for example, the Mother Russia set has 31 items. the bundle costs 19$.
but buying separately, it totals to 21$. That 2 dollar difference starts to add up when there's like 40 store sets- there probably is, I looked under themes and there's like 4 sets for every category, 16 categories in each theme. It would be up there in the thousands but def not as much as $74,486.50. I wish I had my ti-84 with me, it's late and I'm running on brain power which admittedly isn't alot ;_;
anywho all the stuff packs total out to 140$, if you buy the bundled s3 with late night and high end loft stuff.
all the expansion packs are 200, so total all stuff packs and expansions + the base game=340$.
There's 10 worlds (not counting Riverview, it's free) in the store, each 24.50 (not counting gold editions but srsly why would you buy a 35$ world) so that's another 245$ totalling out to 585$.
.... of course, not counting tax. heh

aaand math bump

ugh that sounds good!
A "run for mayor" feature would be great, you could host the fundraising parties and hold debates against rivals and hold speeches, and if the speech was successful everyone would get a skill boost, kinda like the protests in the sims 3, but I reckon it'll just be a "my sim changes outfit and is gone for 8 hours" career

I don't even care if I can't hang out at City Hall, half the appeal of a playable political campaign is all the stuff that happens outside the office.

meth?

well here's some bumps while I try to clean up this mess:
base game+EPs+SPs=400 bucks.
n-no

Sup bros
Where can i find cute sims to download?

check the op

medieval grim is my favorite grim

Where can I pirate a full collection of The Sims 3 now that kat's gone?

Can't find it

Good, I'm not the only one then.

I mean it says Sim Downloads but here you go

Thanks, user

so apparently some imposter murdered my monarch and wore his face.... it really just hit me 20 minutes later how brutal that is, especially for a sims game
i love it

You can live on the alien planet?

My dumb ass posted this on /v/ and got ignored, so maybe you guys can help me out.

>I want to play a Sims game again, but really want to put my character in an apartment. As of now, you can only have apartments in the Sims 2 or the Sims 3.

Which should I get? I remember having an awesome time and really loving the community feel in the Sims 2, but maybe the Sims 3 is just the way to go?

Sims 3 if you can run it.

Roll a dice
S3 looks better but runs like shit
s2 runs fine but looks like shit

youtube.com/watch?v=iqaprLT7zic
>even LGR who normally takes a passive take on Sims 4 is fed up with this shit.
Face it simmers, we're done.

you really like this lgr guy

who is "you"?

Yeah, that's just depressing.

Sort of.
It's basically a base camp Sims can use when hunting for collectables. You can sleep there and eat, but eventually you'll probably need to go home.

He's one of the few Sims reviewers who's actually got some integrity. If a pack is lackluster, he's not afraid to say it.
EA's been trying to court him into becoming one of their Influencers, and he basically told them to fuck off because he wouldn't be able to be critical anymore. I've got loads of respect for the guy.