/mtg/ MIATA GENERAL

/mtg/ MIATA GENERAL
Post your miats
Talk about miats
Jack eachother off
NEW DISCORD, GET IN WHILE IT'S HOT (telegram was a disaster)
discord.gg/v2qec

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/cQpbW
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>old thread still alive
>expired discord link
>that op image

The old thread is getting dead soon my g. The op image is shit though and makes me uncomfortable.

the sage tis thread and make a new one you massive faglord

>Jack eachother off
I thought that'd be the first thing on your list faggot.

OP is actually gay, you guise are so mean

I want to get the JDM eunos badges for my miata, but I'm afraid a police office might pull some bullshit ticket on me for putting false badges on my miata. what do guise.

Where the fuck do you live that police use mismatched badges as an excuse to pull you over?

Fuck, I Iive in California and have been driving without a front license plate for a year now and have yet to be pulled over for that.

whats so bad about being a gay?

Fresh link family
discord.gg/cQpbW

Idk why but some of my posts got deleted last thread
>tfw almost done with body work and priming
>tfw literally a hundred hours in body work so far
>tfw every panel is laser straight and flawless
H Y P E
Y
P
E

>furfaggot

From the looks of it, it will end up nice as fuck

So what color is the best Miata color?

GREEN
IS
MY
PEPPER
Also, mariner blue

I wonder what an NA in soul red would be like
It always looks really good on the Mazda 3s I see on the street but I saw one up close in a parking lot and it kinda gave me a boner

Green is low tier color

So in my country a 2500$ gets you a MX5 NB 1.6 in acceptable state
for the same money I could get:

>R170 Mercedes SLK 230 Supercharged

>916 Alfa Romeo GTV V6 Turbo

>E46 BMW 3series 2L

>W208 Mercedes CLK 230 Supercharged

>FIAT Barchetta 1.8L

>Peugeot 406 Pininfarina Coupe 3.0L V6

>W124 Mercedes Eclass Coupe 300

>Alfa Romeo GT 1.9JTD

>W123 Mercedes Eclass Coupe 230

So since you people here know your miatas, could you specifically tell me why should I go for the miata instead of those cars that I have listed above cause from where I'm sitting every single one of them beats the Mazda, and I only listed the cars I actually like and only Coupes/roadsters etc. not even going into hatchbacks/sedans.

This is a serious question, don't take it as a b8 cause from where I see it miata is a soulless ripoff of old British roadsters with no styling and no personality which could make me even care for the car if I would own one.

Greetings from /osg/!

So I am putting together a shop and I was hoping to get a sticker design or two that represented Veeky Forums's favorite roadster. Any ideas lads?

Pic related are some examples.

fuck off Stallman.

If you feel that way, then the Miata isn't for you. But for me, who prefers a small and light car with real sports car feel to it.

>sports car feel to it
you say that, but open tops have flimsy chassis which spoils the feeling, besides apart the W124 the cars I listed aren't really road barges

And that is why I have my hardtop bolted to the chassi with metal plates.

so what was the point of buying a convertible in the first place?

About 180 of them ;)

They don't make a coupe duh

I should point out at the beggining that I'm looking to buy one of these cars, and this post is what are the upsides of owning a miata and is it a serious alternative to the cars i have posted

Small&light = fun
Also it's cheap to own and easy to get parts.

wasn't thinking about a hardtop miata but about a different coupe car

Tell me one coupe that matches a Miata.

from which I listed the Gtv and the E46(if you count that as a coupe and not a 2door sedan) are nice, 406 is a bit front heavy though

count the R170 to that as well actually it might be heavier but the engine is torquey

But you can't compare those shitheaps against the Miata. The Miata is a slender model, and the cars you've listed are HAES supporters.

>be driving miat home from work
>see red 240 with pop-ups driving towards me
>he winks his pop-ups at me
>i respond likewise
>we go our separate ways

My favorite thing to happen today. Pop-ups are love, pop-ups are life.

If you think it's soulless, you should drive one. The 1.6 kind of sucks, and I dunno how available the 1.8 or the 2.0vvt is in Europe with you but take one out for a spirited drive in some twisties and you'll find that its a very enjoyable car. The point of the car isn't top speed, it's high revs and maneuverability.

I have been having issues starting my Miata when i have 1/4 a tank of gas
It never has problems until 1/4 in which case in won't turn over first try; sometimes it takes 2-3 tries to start it
Is this normal?
if not what could be causing this? faulty gauge?
should i try feathering the gas?

>being this triggered
why are miata drivers so moronic? I would let you know that miata isn't the best car that has ever existed, and definitely not when consider the driving pleasure

I did, and the engine is disappointing, you really need to thrash it to get going and that is becoming wearisome after a longer drive, which is why I found the SLK a lot better cause it just pulls at every rev and every gear it just pulls

B R G
R
G

I envy you. All the fun, older, small cars in the US got fucking trashed with the bullshit "cash for clunkers" program and now you can't find a decent car for under $5000

>soulless ripoff of old British roadsters with no styling and no personality
you mean a reliable version of old British roadsters without the "personality" of breaking down a lot?

the 1.6 is pretty gutless if that's all you can afford. anyway as others have said if you're comparing it against larger more powerful cars then a miata isn't for you.

actually just get the 406 coupe, i love those (and i'm a miata owner)

They're shit

you're shit

unobservant pedestrian detected

>I have no idea what the fuck I'm talking about: the post

anybody?

cant comment on the cause, but my car had starting issues before. One thing you can try is giving the throttle a little blip as you're turning the car off, it sort of primes the motor and can help with hard starting.

Anybody want to name my plate?

One can't compare a car against others that weights 50% more. That just proves how clueless that annon is, thinking that a big, heavy and high BMW can be as fun as a small, light and low Miata. He has clearly never touched any of the cars.

Whatever happened to that car? I haven't seen it in a couple of years.

Just FYI you should NEVER buy an E46 that isn't at least a 325

The gods have smiled on me, Veeky Forums.
>Rip on soft top across rain rail mounting
>Suddenly a hard top appears on local rag
Going down to check it out tomorrow, squee!

It's in blue, though, and my miata is red.

Gonna do some neat shit like this when I get the spare coin, black pillars/roof repaint.

Can't WAIT to get rid of these fucking blind spots.

Try changing the filter and running some of that injector cleaner snakeoil. Never know, this remedy cured my hesitant throttle on during warmup under 3k.

And by filter, I mean fuel filter.

You wont believe how much shit can and will be stuck in there.

Get the Jass Performance mounting brackets, it helps a lot with the stiffness and makes the hardtop feel like a real roof.

Is the top Mariner blue? If so I'd be jealous as fuck

That's why I also enjoy my gf's supercharged mini. It sounds like the SLK might be a better choice for you mate. I'm sorry that the miata disappointed you, and I hope your choice in roadster is just as fun

How much longer do we have to wait for the RF

I have calls in to 3 local dealers trying to pre-order. They say November/December but I feel like I know more than them.

I like the Miata in Autocross and generally spanking drivers who suck on the track but this whole gay image thing has throne me off recently.

Thrown

>being this insecure

Stop being insecure

>hurr durr why dont you put a dildo on your forehead whenever you get out?
>cause its gay?
>hurp are you insecure durr?

>hurr durr
>hurp
>durr

I bet you cant break it anyway so you instantly claim strawman. Kek, Closet fags btfo

I mean it's like the definition of the argument man. If you can't see that I don't know what to say.

Yeah its a strawman and im just copying the >le you're insecure fags

How is driving a miata comparable to wearing a dildo on your head. Your beat up auto convertible V6 SN95 is comparable to smearing shit underneath your nose but that doesn't stop you.

I own an r170 slk32 amg, and honestly couldn't recommend buying the 230 over the Miata... The slk is a great deal heavier (900lbs curb if you believe Wikipedia) as well as has reliablility issues. The amg makes up for it with a glorious exhaust note and fun acceleration, but a base is soulless in comparison. Also from a cost perspective the Miata will be much cheaper in the long run when things fail.

If you do buy it watch out for the obvious electrical issues and hardtop failures (both of which do not happen on my brothers NB Miata)

Splash Green > Crystal Blue

both are gay imho famalam

Forgot my quotation marks. Splash "Greeen".
>Is in a Miata thread
I think we both know why you're here m8...

Also Laguna Blue = muh dick. Mariner Blue as well... some may prefer Montego Blue over those two colors but I'm a little indifferent to it.

I think Merlot is my favorite NA color tho.

>merlot m edition in my area on CL
>it used to have a salvage title and a shit ton of dents
>apparently a dealer bought it and bondo'd it up and it's on sale again
>still kinda want it

If it's not the original paint, I'm not interested desu. Rarely see '95 Ms, and most of the handful that I have seen have already been repainted (or need repainted). They just don't have the same shade or depth...
>Salvage title
nothx

>Tfw no Lava Orange Mazdaspeed
I'd settle with an Evolution Orange NB1... but even that is hard to find. ;-;

I don't understand how people drive cars that aren't neutral colors desu.

this remind me, i'm still torn between installing charger or turbo

tell me about it

It's a fucking miata, a lively puppy, bright lively colors fits it.
I'm stuck with a silver miat, i'd kill for a mariner blue or something. If i only had more money.

Never seen one IRL, but I bet it "pops" better than the Crystal Blue.
But that's a good thing.

just got cleared by the bank, ND get by Monday.

This will be triggering for you

Because it's boring.

>i'm still torn between installing charger or turbo
Turbo all the way.

Oh I dont know man, I saved the picture from here a few years ago I dont know anything about the MXBOSS

I'm guessing you're the kind of dick who wears bright neon colors because looking like an adult is "boring"

>ND
what color and options?

Both will make you look like a fag

Red because it was on the lot. Dealer bought a stripper model. I don't mind the lack of differential on the Sport, I can look into it after the warrantee expires.

oh also the bank mazda uses for financing is kinda a pain to get a good rate (Chase). Luckily the dealer saw I was about to walk away from the sale and found a way to get my payments down.