Hyundai, Kia & Genesis Thread

genesismotorsusa.com/g90.html

Has anyone driven a Genesis here? If so, what were your thoughts on the vehicle?

youtube.com/watch?v=e0LB70ZzQLU

Korean motors thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

hyundaiusa.com/ioniq
youtube.com/watch?v=CtxNZseF78s
youtube.com/watch?v=S3v1mCZR7vg
blog.caranddriver.com/a-true-independent-2017-hyundai-elantra-sport-to-get-independent-rear-suspension-200-plus-horsepower/
automobilemag.com/news/hyundai-engines/
youtu.be/fFU-tnQXVIA
youtu.be/lziJirAADzU
youtu.be/dXh1E2v-0E8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>that little clock on the dash
Adorable

hyundaiusa.com/ioniq

youtube.com/watch?v=CtxNZseF78s

youtube.com/watch?v=S3v1mCZR7vg

Logo looks like a rip off of aston and bentley lol. Havent driven the genesis but my parents have a sonata. All around decent car. Interior is a bit plastic-y but its not an expensive car so thats to be expected. Alright enough to drive i guess, they havent had any problems whatsoever in ~25k miles give or take. Plus that 10 year powertrain/5 year bumper to bumper warranty says a lot about their confidence in brand reliability. Korean cars used to have pretty laughable reliability but theyve turned it around in the past few years.

Im actually pretty interested in the genesis coupe. Pretty nice looking car except for the fake shit on the hood, nice numbers on paper at least. Kinda in the process of cross shopping it against some other coupes.
>implying i have the money to buy it
Like op said if anyone has any experience with genesis/gen coupe and how it compares to 370z/mustang/equivalent bimmers id be interested to hear what they think.

Does anyone on Veeky Forums care about hyundai?

My work is thinkng about buying a bunch of these to replace our i3s with. Either that, or Chevy Volts.

The range on the i3 is absolutely abysmal especially when I'm supposed to drive 400+ miles a day in some cases.

>no ecoboost
>no awd
The interior is decent but it's still not as good as the Continental's.

awd is optional

>Korean
>drive Korean shit
>give a shit about Korean
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

>Korean motors thread

That sounds sweet. I'd love to hear about your experiences if you get to drive one.

Why are you sound like a gookshill?

>Korean motors thread
is this a joke

It's not a joke.

Problems per 100 Vehicles (PP100) • Lower Score = Higher Quality

>Source: J.D. Power 2015 U.S. Initial Quality StudySM (IQS)

Because no one drive gook car except gooks lol

>Korean motors thread

wat the hell are you saying?

>Korean motors thread
Here (you), now fuck off to /mu/ kpop thread

KOREAN MOTORS THREAD
O
R
E
A
N

M
O
T
O
R
S

T
H
R
E
A
D

>tfw korean
>hyundai, kia sound like shit and look like plastic ripoff make me feel pathetic
They so at least pick up a better names...

Anybody on Veeky Forums drive any of this shit?
Is it any good?

Yes. But only just the Genesis. That's literally the best car they've produced so far.

Fuck, this looks promising and badass.

>29 posts
>7 ips
I cried everytimes

They're not nearly as bad as people like to pretend they are. They're build and interior quality is starting to get up there with the Germans on their higherend vehicles but they're cheap cars are still pretty much crap compared to Japanese contemporaries, at least in my opinion. Given how low the new Genesis line is priced though, I think they're definitely good cars for the money you're paying.

blog.caranddriver.com/a-true-independent-2017-hyundai-elantra-sport-to-get-independent-rear-suspension-200-plus-horsepower/
>seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission with paddle shifters

You're not a good shill man

>Germans quality
lel

>Korean motors thread

I feel differently.
In almost every class hyundai and kia offer the most "amount of car" for the price if you will.

They have proven to be very reliable cars not just in recent years either. That 10yr/100k warranty came out in 1999.

That's around the same time they dropped the shitty mitsubishi drivetrains they had been using The later dropped their trannys too.

"In 2006, J.D. Power and Associates' quality ranking, overall the Hyundai brand ranked 3rd, just behind Porsche and Lexus, and beating long time rival Toyota."

>dat shill posting
>still 9 ips
yeah yeah keep your thread alive as much as you can

You sound exactly like my Hyundai dealer

>They have proven to be very reliable cars not just in recent years either. That 10yr/100k warranty came out in 1999.
That because their cars is shit and none care about it at all

>BMW & Jaguar above Honda and Toyota

shit chart desu

>They have proven to be very reliable cars not just in recent years either. That 10yr/100k warranty came out in 1999.

I do not in any way think the Elantra nor Forte are better cars than the new Civic, nor do I think the Sonata or Optima are better cars than the Accord or Mazda 6

Please stop

STICKY THIS

How many of you have driven korean vehicles?
What did you think of them?

Admittedly a little shill, but so many people hating on hyundai with very little back up.

Kind of pathetic honestly.

OP driven korea vehicles so 1
I don't really care. Don't like their names though, sound like something for poor peasant

We all hated huyndai here so you better off to /mu/ board, they love everything about korean there

You keep saying you hate it.
The only fucking thing you've actually described a dislike for is their names... A name doesn't make a car. I don't care if you hate it, but please explain yourself for christ's sake. Please grow up.

What a faggot

I'm having trouble with my 2015 Kia Soul (about 20,000 miles)...took a small roadtrip over the weekend, everything was fine. Day after coming back I try to start it and the battery seems to be dead. Get a jump, drive it around for about 30 minutes (no A/C, no lights, hot outside, etc) park it back at home. I thought that would recharge the battery since everything's relatively new. Try to start it today, the dash lights come on and some clicking but nothing else. I didn't leave the lights on or anything stupid.

I've had some little electrical quirks before - like if I turned on the brights the navigation system would go black for a second or if I turned the A/C off and just the fan it would still be super cold in 90 degree weather.

I'm taking it to the dealership today, but I want to make sure I'm not getting the run around. What could be happening?

sounds like a faulty battery to me. If there is an issue with your power supply then you're bound to see those kinds of electrical "quircks".
Have the battery tested. Most places do this for free. If not battery, maybe alternator.
"Electronics, especially computer-controlled electronics, are very sensitive to voltage changes, especially low voltage. If they don't have enough voltage to operate, they tend to act strange, or, in some cases, even fail."
source -EricTheCarGuy.com

Not him but at their worst they're horribly unreliable, poorly built piles of shit and at best shown up by all of its competition

Not him but all the hyundais ive driven drive like shit, worst is that tucson, it literally feels like driving a swimming pool. Reliability is a bit of an issue too, my friends elantra is in 45k and it shits thr bed every 2 months I swear. And I hear some other reliability issues with other people too.

Tldr im still skeptical with korean made

I feel like this thing is on the verge of being a godmachine, but it's still pretty average compared to the pony cars and the 370z. Do you think Hyundai can push it over the edge next gen and make a great performance car? Or is it doomed to forever be an imitator?

>they dropped the shitty mitsubishi drivetrains they had been using

They still use Mitsubishi engines .Where do you think they got the V8 and GDI from?

>Elantra
>Korean made

Less than an hour ago I was literally in the plant that makes Elantras and their engines. It's in Murrica made by murricans with mostly murrican engineers at the plant.

No idea who does the designing though.

>From its first engine seventeen years ago, the company is now building a variety of four- and six-cylinder passenger-car engines and now also a completely modern V-8, the Tau, which is optional in the new Genesis luxury sedan.
source:automobilemag.com/news/hyundai-engines/

Butthurt because their vehicle makers don't offer the same quality.

See

nothing there says that these engines are a completely new architecture.

the tau is still the mitsubishi V8 just updated and now for a rwd setup
most of hyundai/kia engines are still mitsu architecture, just updated.

i did hear they had a new 2.0 turbo that they were testing at nurburgring for their new performance division

Drove an i30 as a rental, it wasnt half bad. Took ages to pick up speed though, I wouldnt drive it on the freeway.

>Has anyone driven a Genesis here? If so, what were your thoughts on the vehicle?

Worked at a Hyundai dealer, the First gen was shit. Think of it like an abused E-Class, used E-classes were cheaper too.
The second gen is much better though, and not much harder to work on. V8's are nice and they're much quicker but they require about 9 litres of oil. V6's were great value since they cost about the same as a 3 series. V8's were getting into 5 series/E-class territory so many people just but those instead because at the end of the day, you were going to spend about 55k on a Hyundai.

It seems like the difference is actually overseeing the manufacturing of the engines being used.

Also, updates matter. Seems like you can better match them to the rest of the vehicle. I would say there is a decent chunk of difference.

Who would of thought we would live to see the day where people unironcally like Korean cars.

Only when making fun of my friends Elantra.

What year?

I want to say 2012, it's a coupe and stick shift that's all I've bothered to note about it. Dipshit constantly talks it up when he's drunk.

I still remember him saying he bought a chip with no other mods and was making 250 horses at the wheel

Bummer, only Elantras worth really bragging about are the GT/hatchbacks! Also, chip mods are stupid.

OP is a faggot, that's nothing new

You know people said the same thing about Japan once upon a time right ?

The Genesis is true innovation .
Get it with a v8.

youtu.be/fFU-tnQXVIA

youtu.be/lziJirAADzU

Veeky Forums will never give Korean cars a fair shake so watch those instead.

The truth is, Korea is starting to kick serious ass.

Can't wait for the i30N

Amen

Eh, it all started when I got my Fiesta ST. I only really got it to fuck around with canyons. He took it as dick measuring.

Definitely keep your eye on Korea in the coming years
youtu.be/dXh1E2v-0E8

They're on a similar warpath as Japan way back. They offer things at a price range nobody else is.

I wonder if we'll see a Korean sports car boom some day.

>Korean sports car
I don't want to die

What with all that shillposts in this thread? are gookboos really this desperate?

>0.5 won is put into your bank account

Even korean doesn't want to drive korean car. Really make you think

just the other day me and my friend were having a conversation and he asked me if there was ever a kia thread on here, to which i replied "no that's fucking embarrassing"

>Korean motors thread.

>korean cars

Too bad the interior of it is trash-tier compared to its direct competitors.

Dumbass

I genuinely enjoy them.

I genuinely enjoy them.

Does your friend drive a kia?

It's a nice try and I like it just because it means there's another option, but the shifter feels clunky and the overall driver feedback is pretty meh.

If they manage to sort those things out (and for the love of God, get Lotus to do the suspension like on the new Genesis sedan), it might just be a really good car.

Also there's rumors of a 3.3l twin turbo version coming out.

When I went to Korea the Genesis was everywhere. The American version and the bigger version that isn't sold in the US yet. Beautiful cars inside and out. Smooth and quiet.

If you buy used remember that the 100k warranty doesn't transfer to subsequent owners - only the 60k warranty does.

What does Veeky Forums think of the K900? It's hella comfy and has tons of features, especially if you buy a used one lol.

It looks like sweet car though with genesis expanding I'm not sure we'll see any continuation with it. However, that might drop used prices. Would be nice.

Man, these shills are out in fucking force.

I drove an 09' Hyundai Genesis for a trip and honestly couldn't find any reason why one would buy it over a Lexus or even a Toyota Avalon. The interior felt more or less like a Hyundai with a curvy dash and a couple features meant to emulate a fancier car like really cheesy wood and rear window shades. The exterior is this bizarre mishmash of other sedans it desperately wants to be like with the 5-series presence being the most heavy. It was the V8, so it had good power, but I have no clue as to the reliability of the car.

I don't know who the Koreans are trying to kid. They simply don't have the finesse the Japanese have when it comes to making great, and not just okay, cars.