Dodge Challenger

What's Veeky Forums's consensus on the challenger? cuckmobile or perfect classic

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r-3HEyR-c3M
youtube.com/watch?v=7-jt5EYHZ5U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>no ecoboost
>can't turn
>pigfat
trash

Bigger, heavier, and more expensive than a Mustang or Camaro, but with far more usable back seats.

In terms of strict performance it's inferior to a Mustang or Camaro, but it's supposedly comfier. More of a sport touring barge.

Of course, there's the whole FCA thing, which is... regrettable to say the least.

the rear looks like a bland piece of shit, its not even a nice booty either

best of the three

Basically they're just 2dr Chargers. Make of that what you will.

Technically, the older LX-body cars were essentially the Charger/300/Magnum, but the new LC -body isn't that much different. Personally I like its style. It has more character than either the Mustang or Camaro. Try to get a newer model with a ZF transmission and if you want a V8, spring for an SRT otherwise just get the V6. The R/T V8 are just not worth it.

Also, they have a stigma of being driven by sleazeballs and other such shady characters.

They're a muscle car, as opposed to the ponycars (Mustang and Camaro). This means slightly more bloat, comfort, and most of all weight. Don't expect a handling machine - but you can expect some good straight line speed in certain trims.

The V6 ones are for posers. Don't get one.
The base 5.7 Hemi ones are the first kinda acceptable ones.
The real deal, however, is the 6.4 Scat Packs. Amazing horsepower for the money, and they're the first real burnoutmobile in the lineup.
Then there's the SRT392, which is basically a loaded Scat Pack, with more suspension goodies and tires.
Then there's the Hellcat, which is awesome. Fuck kerb weight, fuck dealership price gauging, it's plain good.

The older 5 speed Mercedes automatics were the epitome of meh. The newer ZF 8 speeds are awesome. The T56 is, well, a T56.

The only thing I'm missing in the entire lineup is a convertible. The Challenger is heavy as fuck anyways, who cares about 100lbs extra? Also, the charger deserves an optional manual transmission in the performance trims (6.4 and up).

It's got more of Mercedes DNA than Fiat though - make of that what you will.

Scat Pack is actually a pretty good buy too, you forgot those.

A fatter, more plastic version of what it was.

Using the word poser.
Get the fuck out.

The v6 is comfy as fuck and quick enough to enjoy.

The newer ZF 8 speeds are awesome.

Having driven vehicles with the ZF 8-speed from Audi and BMW as well as Chrysler and Dodge. I feel like the programming on the German vehicles is much more superior.

The vehicles in question on the American side were the 300 and Charger, both mated to the 6-cylinder engine. They were unwilling to rev and trying to pass at highway speeds were a chore as it had to drop up to 5 gears: 8th down to 3rd.

The small 4-cylinders in the Germans were much more happy to rev and in everyday driving, the transmission is just about perfect, at least for my driving style. Just the right balance of smoothness, predictability and effortlessness.

The transmission in the Chrysler and Dodge products felt much lazier despite being the same on paper.

cuck mobile, shoulda got a z

The challenger is the current "throwback" car that best embodies the style of the original. Sure, it's heavy, but it's also relatively practical and comfortable as a Grand Tourer.

It's quick enough, most benchracers will point out that it's slower at Laguna Seca than a GT350R, but we don't really give a shit do we. It's got just as much usable performance 90% of the time as any mustang or camaro.

I got one because it was giant on the inside. Big enough for adults in the back, or my kids' car seats. And the trunk is bigger than my LeSabre DD. It's really a great car that won't give you too much trouble.

It is far from a cuckmobile like anything that mentions fuel economy in the marketing materials. The V6 version is pointless and only serves as a vessel for large wheels to persons of color. The 5.7 Hemi is OK, but the 392 and Hellcat versions are only made for one thing. Turning dinosaurs into noise.

Isn't the manual a beefed up TR-6060

I've yet to see a shady person drive one of these in my area

Here's my 2015 SXT.
Love the fucking interior desing.

Pretty great cars but their level of awesomeness depends on which trim you get them in. Which one are you looking at? SXT, R/T, or SRT?

Here's mine, got it about a year ago and it kicks major ass!

love the color man, looks great

youtube.com/watch?v=r-3HEyR-c3M

Who do you think would win on the toe gay between you and that school bus?

The bus obviously
youtube.com/watch?v=7-jt5EYHZ5U

Fucking nice

I'd get one.

For what they are, they seem like a good car. As a bonus, they retain re-sale value much better than a Mustang GT or Camaro. Up here in Canuckistan, they will fetch $25-30k maple bucks for a 5.7 from 2009-10 with decent mileage.

If the price of gas wasn't an issue here, I'd DD one.

biggest and most comfortable pony car if you want a big cruiser boat, worst performer out of the 3 as well. I'd honestly rather buy a panther platform car or a caprice and mod the fuck out of it

V6 is meh. 5.7 is meh, 6.4 is awesome, i assume the hellcat is amazing.

I like the 392 trim personally, but i spent my money on a chevy ss for the manual transmission and nicer interior. If i wanted an auto its hard to not pick the 392. The zf is a great transmission and the only place youll get beat is a track with turns.

Oops. I read that as charger. Hoorah for reading comprehension.

Dont buy a Challanger unless you are getting a hellcat in purple. Its outclassed by the Camaro in everything IMO.

>ecoboost
trash

Stay mad.

I drive a 2015 SRT. Do not get smaller than the 6.4, this is an Xbox huge platform and needs the power to move. Very comfortable and livable car, will destroy 99% if what you see in a straight line.

I think the Camaro is better at performance tbqh. It's also a better example of a muscle car than the Chally.

Old Camaro= GOAT car.

Used to have one (2014 r/t classic).
Not a bad car. Handles well. Looks great, roomy, pretty fast.
Downside: road noise is horrible, build quality is bad, very firm with sports suspension, 5 gear transmission sucks.

Good on you man. I've always loved that color, it looks great on challengers.

>Chrysler
Don't expect anything else than a steaming pile of junk with a huge engine.

It's so...how can I put it...

>green challenger
The only thing I can think of.

The last true modern muscle car. Big fat boat with a uuuuge engine that is heavy and fast only in a straight line. It carries the 70s muscle spirit.

Mustang, Camaro are both trying to turn, thus making them impure ponies.

I want to see a kei car next to a Challenger

This. The Camaro SS was, is, and will be the best muscle car ever made.

Green machine!

Luckily the next gen Challenger will be a lighter car on Alfa Romeo platform. It will also finally get a modrrn turbo v6 instead of that antiquated hemi crap.

This is bait but still my heart aches at the possibility. Like how the Dodge Barracuda will have a turbo V6 instead of a Hemi V8.

I've actually read about it. Expected to arrive in 2018, there will be turbo I4 in base models, and 2.9 turbo v6 with different levels of boost in R/T and SRT

Delet this

pls no

Oh looks like you beat him in that argument. A Ford GT is good proof that the challenger should also have a turbo, if Dodge wants to compete at all.

Dodge doesn't compete in the muscle car segment, they never have. All they do is create pigfat trash that can't turn.

Probably the only muscle car left in production. Big, heavy, fat, gas guzzler, loud, obnoxious, big tires, sucks at cornering, sucks around corners, built more for straight line speed with a big ass engine - a car that is very front heavy.

Basically everything a sports car shouldn't be. The problem is we got this thing now where two iconic muscle cars (Camaro, Mustang) don't know what the fuck they want to be; the Camaro went more towards sports car and the mustang tried to stay in between. The Challenger on the other hand remained pure muscle.

That doesn't mean I like the car, because I don't (I prefer sports cars) and I would rather a Camaro any day of the week - but for those looking for a new muscle car the challenger is really all there is left in production.

All around it's a good car following you get at least the base V8 - but in my opinion because of the cars weight unless you got at least a SRT392 the car is shit performance wise - the hellcat would be ideal. The V6 though is so bad in this car, worse than any other V6 on the market due to the weight of the car. The only good V6 you can find now is the one on the 2016 Camaro's as it goes 0-60 in 5.1 and quartermile in 13.5 with it + revs at 7000 RPM, sounds great and is a viable choice - V8 still triumphs though on all the cars.

>camaro V6
Expensive trash. It's slower than the Mustang GT.

Isn't it less than 300 hp? In a ridiculously heavy car?

>Mercedes DNA
Yeah, 10 year old base model Mercedes DNA

>Alfa Romeo platform
Meaning the Guila? That would be awesome... They'll finally make a challenger that can turn and isn't a steaming pile of shit
Oh great, dropped.
I doubt that's true though, Dodge is the absolute last company I would expect to get rid of the V8