Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Dishes and chores edition

>News
-capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/blog/2016/07/28/monster-hunter-generations-2016-tour-kicks-off-in-toronto-on-aug-6th
-gematsu.com/2016/08/capcom-announces-tgs-2016-lineup
-siliconera.com/2016/05/16/capcom-new-monster-hunter-game-along-major-titles-planned/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vWwqA4DoazI&feature=youtu.be&t=49s
urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Dabbing&defid=9128071
youtube.com/watch?v=mWulmBUNnHk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't get this meme.

shit OP pic

Does this return in gen please say yes

would you let your waifu go outside in public wearing Kirin armor?

hi how do i change gander in mh gens

yes

The Gore set returns.
The Chaos Gore set does not return.

I want to get blown away by Kushala!

Yes, you french fuck.

The only good thing about Kushala Daora is a small bit from his OST

This one here: youtube.com/watch?v=vWwqA4DoazI&feature=youtu.be&t=49s

~49 to ~1:04

>defending
As if. But it's equally obnoxious to whine so much about it here when getting every single one of them out of the way in sub-5 times is possible by simply remembering that food exists.

It's like being stumped by multi monster quests when smoke bombs exist.

Astral set is amazing for striker
Why is it so rare to see anyone in Astral it's made for SnS it makes you bullshit tier and don't give me the damage excuse you can abuse frenzy pill.

>sub-5 times
>defending purposely obnoxious fetch quests that are designed to be impossible to complete in one try

LOL GTFO

Huh

I want her to molt on my nearest mountian is you catch my drift

I want to BE the Kirin slut!

but humans dont molt or shed there skin :(

What is this pixelated mess?

yes we do
get out of here, you fucking dolphin

Nobody uses the Astral set that gives composed and Trump card.
It makes arts fill faster and you get a boost when you down a monster.

>defending
Literally never happened.
>designed to be impossible to complete in one try
Literally never happened.

And all this time I thought those people who struggle with the simplest tasks only existed in infomercials. You were real after all.

Redhelm Arzuros think he slick...
HE DABBIN'!

It's Redhelm doing his trademarked pose.

Not him, but the obnoxious about of dull gathering quests in Gen is ridiculous. So fucking many this time around. They're not hard at all to complete, but it's the quantity of them that's bullshit.

>not wanting the game to be padded with hundreds of fetch quests and kill 20 bullfango quests

what are you, some kind of fag?

First time I turned on the game I was like "oh, cool, they're skipping the tutorials. I already know how to play the game anyway. Maybe this time in 1* I can hunt some-"
>GATHER FERNS
>GATHER STONES
>GATHER GATHER GATHER GATHER GATHER

. . . Fuck.

Finally found my Wii U and all the necessary cables. Anyone down?

Comfy, maybe. But not amazing.
Besides the obvious fact that you can't live off arts alone and that the buff is only a situational 20% power increase, Even if it was active all the time for arts it would be nowhere near the benefit gotten from WE Crit Boost.
Then again, if you're fullsuiting you're not looking for optimization to begin with, so whatever works for you.

what's the point of adept SnS if the only thing your dodge does is turn into a mount attack

>he doesn't have the smooch of approval from Meowstress on his guild card

Explain yourselves /mhg/. The game's been out for at least a month.

>implying slay a kirin oh thx now go slay a kirin in a different map is much better

This game needs REAL quests like
>pick some cute flowers for the meowstress then "help" her have another litter
>cut off a brachydios arm so the guildmarm can use it as an explosive dildo
>rip off a mizutsune's tail and use the purple fur to make a nice carpet to lay down next to your fireplace so you can FUCK the guild sweetheart on it

Maybe after lunch!

Unlocked Turns

58-3171-4830-7643, pw: 7243

I've seen a good share of hunters going for Astral, but the majority seem to go only for the looks.

But I agree it is amazing. The fact that Frenzy Fever gives instant affinity boost and the buff goes from +15% to +30% affinity with Trump Card is also amazing.

I can imagine a SnS with Shouryugeki, Round Force, Frenzy Fever, deviant weapon and Hunter's Drink wrecking SHIT on a hunt with this set.

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN!

I get that and I agree, but the poster in the other thread was complaining that he took the braindead egg route because he didn't eat for Lander, and ran into a Rathalos. This has been going for as long as there's been MH discussion, even on pre-Veeky Forums /v/ threads. How is checking the kitchen not standard procedure by now when confronting a gathering quest absolutely boggles my mind.

no it doesn't

That feel when no dolphin gf
;_;

Don't ever reply to me again

You described my load out

Fuck off, the last thing mh needs is more """story""" shit like what 4u tried to do. Unlocking the same monster but for a different map isnt even new

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Dabbing&defid=9128071

From the song: youtube.com/watch?v=mWulmBUNnHk

Like many, Gen is his first MH. Go easy on the kid.

Actually the game could totally use some more story

You can see how crappy it is to have zero story in MHX.

>here's your four villages
>have fun or something

How good is the Hero's Strongarm? Shit looks slick af.

All those quests are brilliant, i still laugh at shitters who don't even have the idea how mh ourside of boss rush works while those who are not whiny retards do it in no time at all and amass enough shit for upgrades and some monster parts off invading monsters so you don't have to run harvest tours like ever

I'm (You) from the future, Now that you know, I have to warn you to watch out for the feds. They're on to us.

>i have no fucking idea what the punctuation keys are for

It's ok. 8/10 wouldn't blacklist,

>that sentence

Lord have mercy, you should spend more time in school and less playing video games.

>Actually the game could totally use some more story

No, im not even some retard who hates story but the last thing mh needs is more story or "character" building. These characters in these games are so one note and dull literally no one even bothers to read what they say. The real characters of monster hunter are the monsters, and we learn more about them through actual gameplay than a dialouge box could ever hope to achieve

Also the only thing story does in monster hunter is increase the amount of time youll rapidly press the a or b button to get to the next quest. Its pointless

Tell me more, user...

wtf her hand is twice the size of mine

4U's story was fine up until the dumb Rust Daora battle (and reveal, so much buildup for this shit was stupid), and even then it at least taught you about the Battleground's facilities in preparation for the fight with Gogmazios.

3U had a decent story and atmosphere.
4U had a decent story with the magala too.

MHX has nothing. But then again it's just a "let's just bring back every NPC anyone liked and throw em all together" mix

I really, really wish the Bherna guild chick would shut up forever.

>skips past all the story and dialogue
>complains that characters are flat and dull

Wait what the normal damage charge blade tree ends with Keiser Blade? Or do any of the other elemental trees turn into normal damage again?

you are not guaranteed to get both supercat and lander

>no smooch of approval from Charlotte
kill me

Elite Blade is the progenitor of Kaiser Blade.

Fuck you know about my other job

So I made Dios Blaster on a whim, and now I regret it. Can I turn this into something useful eventually?

>He isn't a solo hunter

>what is gourmet voucher

isn't that from unity?

no raw
affinity is useless on CB
deduce the rest

>unimpressive raw shot selection and clip sizes
>trash internals
>no RF at all
>deviation
>avg recoil
>no affinity
It's garbage, user. Sorry.

1) I can't remember the default room info/password for 3U

2) >366 hours played
>HR 70

Oh... oh no... I'm fucking mortified.

>Can I turn this into something useful eventually?
yes, you can sell it for dosh

>First eight registered sets are all different Longswords

What the fuck was I on?

Fuck you bitch. Every single fucking character in Monster Hunter does the same exact fucking thing when it comes to any of their dialouge. They explain the issue, compare it to some joke scenerio, then talk about it some more until they say something along the lines of "okay be safe" or they thank you.

Every single fucking character has done the same exact fucking thing ever since the very first fucking monster hunter.

But "oh u just dont knw haw deep monster hanter plot is!!1!", fucking spare me. Go on faggot, go download a script of any monster hunter game and tell me if you could read that shit for more than 3 minutes without going braindead.

Fucking kys 4u bab

>hold right on circle pad
>takes a second for the input to register
oh god help, what do you guys use to clean your shit?

>affinity is useless on CB

Stop spreading misinformation.

tama dating sim when??????????

Literally nothing wrong with that

Oh yeah. I know dabbing. I'm not sure this blurry ass picture came with enough context for me to extract the implication.

Was it just that much more difficult to rank up in 3U?

likely just less points per quest, i just looked up my 4U save and it's 104 with 387 hours played

it clearly wouldn't be MH without a jump collab

And in 240p

>compare it to some joke scenario
You'd be right if you didn't add this part. Not many NPCs do this, especially not the more serious ones like Nekoht or the Ace Commander.

But then again omitting that part would make your accusation broad and vague enough to apply to most questgivers in the series, simply because that's what they're doing by giving you quests.

And it still wouldn't apply to NPCs who aren't active questgivers but you wouldn't know anything about that.

/mh4u/

Is there any point to doing these fishing/egg quests?

Also any low HR hunters around? I wanna open a room.

Berserk Tetsu > Drilltusk Tetsu

I want to give Miss Cat a big, wet, adult kys!

Why are you comparing tetsucabra to itself

>Is there any point to doing these fishing/egg quests?
Cheevos.

>is there a reason to play the game
gee i wonder

Who else too shy to play with /mhg/?

Anyone remember the room details for 3U? I wanna toss up a hub and do some shitty low/high rank quests while I wait for any interested parties.

>The real characters of monster hunter are the monsters
pottery

>it's just a "let's just bring back every NPC anyone liked and throw em all together" mix
Is mhx the dark souls 3 of the monhun series?

What is the set on the left? It's always popping up for me but I've never found out the name