With the recent resurgence of light/medium trucks, will we ever see the Commanche make a comeback?

With the recent resurgence of light/medium trucks, will we ever see the Commanche make a comeback?

Other urls found in this thread:

norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/5612602164.html
norfolk.craigslist.org/ctd/5655892929.html
carmax.com/cars/ford/ranger/2011/13048135
detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/5637809483.html
detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/5655125125.html
detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/5615048559.html
youtube.com/watch?v=IvQGQa8VIEw
youtube.com/watch?v=AsPvK1mgm3o
youtube.com/watch?v=8LlbW_0v8iw
youtube.com/watch?v=GSqhp2Ug650
youtube.com/watch?v=Z5pVlvM_aFA
youtube.com/watch?v=NCelD0qr8Do
youtube.com/watch?v=lB0araA0T_k
youtu.be/8kuSghb7P7U
youtu.be/Z7gSxmk1kp0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I mean the Wrangler based truck the Gladiator is going to be on the market by 2017/18. It's not exactly the Comanche but it's sort of the same ballpark

Oh yay.
More trash to litter the side of the road.

>no one has any decent HD pictures of this thing

It's modern FCA, so you know what you'll be getting quality wide

On the plus side, they really shouldn't have much on them to break, and love it or hate it, they will do amazing in sales and make FCA a shit load of money

Never. Soccer moms, bro douches, and the EPA have diligently done away with the notion of ever having a non-ugly, non-pigfat, non-plastic fisher price crumple truck ever being manufactured again.

Future pavement princess. It's going to be shit.

The original Commanche was based on the Cherokee. Do you really want a pickup based on the NEW Cherokee?

Besides, the JK8 kit from Mopar does the same shit for a JKU.

>recent resurgence of light/medium trucks

What?

You mean like for overseas markets or something?

>resurgence of light trucks
Have you seen the recent Colorado? That fucker is not a light truck. Its slightly slimmer than a 90s 1 ton.

He means the new Chevrolet Colorado/GMC Canyon, the upcoming new Ford Ranger/Bronco (which will be built in America), the new Toyota Tacoma, the new Honda Ridgeline, and Jeep's promise to enter the truck market with a truck based on the next gen Wrangler.

With the exception of the the Ridgeline, most of those trucks are almost as big as the full-sized trucks trucks from the 2000s.

Which is why original rangers, S10's ,and Tacoma's continue to be insanely popular/overpriced on the used market. No one actually makes a direct replacement for that type of truck any more

I wish the current car downsizing trend would hit the truck market. The new Honda Accord is smaller than the old one.

Well, you will have that El Camino looking thing, the Santa Cruze that Hyundai is bringing over about the same time as Gladiator will hit the market that will be small-ish (trucklet is the term Motortrend used)

I'd rather a real El Camino be brought over from Ausfailia.

fuck no, trucks need to be body-on-frame.

besides, light trucks aren't making a resurgence; the new colorado is as big as a 10 year old full-size

>there will never be a resurgence of small/medium utilitarian trucks with no bullshit made to be cheap and run forever

It's still a light truck, and every segment has grown since the 90s, be it various class of pickup or even passenger sedans. So you claim is kind of redundant.

>they will never make non pigfat trucks again
Just fuck my shit up
All I want is a cheap modern single cab step side

My dad bought one of those brand new when he graduated in the late 80's, he said it had crazy bad electrical issues right fron the dealer and it stop working on him all the time.

Still looks good though.

Pic semi related

?????

Im sorry, but that does not look good.

Also, i assume he meant based on the new cherokee, not the Grand Cherokee. Totally different vehicles.

that's based on the Grand Cherokee. Not the Cherokee.
The Cherokee is based on the Dodge Dart platform.

How long until the Tracker rises from the ashes like the mighty Phoenix?

WHY HAVE YOY FORSAKEN US, TRACKER

Has any insider source mentioned the gladiator name? Personally i would like the resurgence of the Scrambler, but in all honesty its just gonna be called the JL-T or some gay shit.

When will Chevrolet make a new Tracker? Or Suzuki a new Sidekick?

I haven't heard of any, but this is FCA so don't count on anything exciting

17/18 is going to be a year for trucks. The US gets the Ranger. You get the Gladiator. Supposedly we get the Hyundai Santa Cruze, and the Nissan based Mercedes truck

They might, But it will be a unibodied, FWD biased AWD, monstrosity of a yuppie mall crawler.

Mall crawlers sell, and have a relatively high profit margin, so sadly that's what we get

And I will not buy any of them.

And 10 year old wranglers will still sell for $15k on used car lots.

I hate loving jeeps.

It's a shame the Renegade turned out to be a bust, I actually thought the Trailhawk edition might amount to something

Wranglers are pretty much one of the only domestic vehicles that suffer from "I know what I got" syndrome though, it's getting almost hilarious

I haven't heard of any downsizing trend. The Accord got smaller because they re-unified the USDM Accord and the Accord sold everywhere else (which was significantly smaller).

The normal progression has always been to make vehicles slightly larger with each iteration, introducing new smaller models as room/demand allows. My third-gen Accord is smaller than late-model Civics, and I'm sure some early Civics are smaller than a Fit, even.

This is nice to see. I don't even like Jeeps, but I'd rather see something like this than another rebadged fucking Fiat.

Do you think that cabin design will pass side impact tests?

suzuki vitara

Those pictures are of a concept vehicle from about a decade ago, called the Gladiator. No one is sure exactly what the new jeep pickup will look like yet

What is sold as the Chevrolet Trax in America is sold in other countries as the Tracker.
It's 1.4L turbo and 6 speed automatic only with a FWD biased AWD system optional.

forgot my pic.

Since Jeep hasn't really said anything other than it will be a truck based off the new Wrangler, and that it will follow the Gladiator concept, who knows?

They did actually build the Gladiator concept though, so one can probably assume it's not too much of a task to turn the Wrangler platform into a truck. You've had several other concept mock ups over the years

norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/5612602164.html
norfolk.craigslist.org/ctd/5655892929.html

truckfag thread?

4cyl Ranger or

6cyl Ranger w/ 4x4 and 50k miles more?and with sales tax and fucking dealer fees

Hopefully not. The Comanche concepts looked pretty bad, but acceptable when you consider the base vehicle I suppose.

I'd actually look into buying this if they don't fuck it up (i.e. 4 door only or making it even bigger than it is now).

Do you want to take it off-road?
Do you get a lot of snow where you live?

If yes to either, then go for the 4x4

I had a 2wd ranger as my first vehicle and it was utter garbage in the snow.

Just about all the global mid size trucks are just that. Cheap, no bullshit (if you option the trade commercial model) and run forever.

>Do you want to take it off-road?
y-yeah.
>Do you get a lot of snow where you live?

yes. there's been massive downpours almost all year in VA too..

did a vin check and found nothing wrong with it too. i really hope this will work out and talk this asshole down a few hundred this weekend..

since GM brought the Commodore here will they bring the ute on the shores?

No, the SS is already dead.

>rangers
>overpriced

4x4 Rangers in decent shape are 20 grand or more...

They are. Especially for how shit they are at truck things

What in the duck are you talking about?
My local craigslist is filled with nice rangers for under $4000

In their last couple years of manufacture, so don't count on it.

The Commodore version of the SS was never meant to see a second generation, but there have been talks of another Chevy sport sedan, perhaps named the Impala because the full size segment is dying.

You guys realize they made the ranger for like 30 years right. Obviously older ones are cheaper than newer ones.

Not talking about older ones, look at this 2011

carmax.com/cars/ford/ranger/2011/13048135

Carmax is hawking that 2011 4x4 XLT for 22 grand. NADA tax value on that truck is BARELY 16,000.

detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/5637809483.html
detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/5655125125.html
detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/5615048559.html
Here's some proof

>tax value

Sorry, meant clean retail

So people are willing to pay over 3x the price for one with a newer interior. Huh.

That's my whole point. Dealership are selling newer Rangers for 5K+ OVER book value. Thats fucking insane for what the Ranger is

When you could get the same exact truck with $3k and a trip to the junkyard, or at most a cab swap if shit doesn't bolt up

Shit nigga you using detroit craigslist?

Where do you live?
Im in waterford/Clarkston

Holly

8/10 shitpost
grab an ls1 while you're there

Wave if you see me on the road bruh

>comanche thread

And I didn't start it? Mein negroes

I had an accident a year or so ago and thought I'd have to sell mine because I wasn't working. Went back a week after I sold it. It was a long bed, 2wd 5 speed.

I'll be in the red xj with a black grille and dented up hood

They're the exact same frame, pal. Nothing major changed from 93-12

Minimalist tiny trucks have historically been some of the least safe piles of rolling shit metal on the market. Those trucks aren't coming back any time soon as long as the desires of the general public and legislation continue the way they are.

The Ranger's crash test isn't THAT bad:
youtube.com/watch?v=IvQGQa8VIEw

S-10 is pretty awful looking:
youtube.com/watch?v=AsPvK1mgm3o

Older Tacoma isn't too bad either, but not great:
youtube.com/watch?v=8LlbW_0v8iw

Wrangler is better than I thought:
youtube.com/watch?v=GSqhp2Ug650

Colorado isn't bad:
youtube.com/watch?v=Z5pVlvM_aFA

Niiice.

They all still do pretty bad compared to other vehicles. Less of the mass and size that bigger trucks have and fewer of the safety designs+features that come with smaller cars.

True, none of them are 'good'...Since I was looking, a couple other cool crash test videos

Regular F-150 vs raised F-150 vs a Civic:
youtube.com/watch?v=NCelD0qr8Do

Older F-150 vs wall and gets destroyed:
youtube.com/watch?v=lB0araA0T_k

Van+minivan crash tests are pretty lulzy too

Chevy astro
youtu.be/8kuSghb7P7U

Pontiac trans sport
youtu.be/Z7gSxmk1kp0

Don't know how these shitbarges actually appealed to families.

Just got back from wheelin' and camping in the Rockies (pic related). I'd love to see a new small 4x4 mountain goat based off the Suzuki Jimny.