/edg/scg/ - Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous General #40

Previous thread: Welcome to the merged general of Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen.

Gamescom info:
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Gamescom info:
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15451-Gamescom-2016-Details
youtube.com/watch?v=GucYhhLwIxg

>2.5 LIVE btw
Referral code randomize:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=953337098

If it doesn't have a general, post it here; just don't get upset about sharing. If it DOES have a general, please go. We don't need your baggage.
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Other urls found in this thread:

ed-td.space/en/18/Find Ship/system/4191/ship/21
youtube.com/watch?v=c1Nz6pv8J4A
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ojxR84DJlX9i7Zu0ZrYkWPhKQUYIcK5bx5Ia8fQgimY/edit#gid=1241080206
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1st for they're coming

Polaris Hype, post price guess and your secondary/backup email. Whoever has the closest guess to the price will be gifted a Polaris to that email at CitCon

but they aren't just patching it. According to one of the devs, Cryengine's original netcode was made to handle what the engine was used to: relatively small teams of players going at it. That's why the current playercap is 24. Unoptomised code aside, the netcode is being either replaced entirely or very heavily modified to meet the needs of an MMO like what SC is going to be. They aren't just doing some small patch with a few tweaks here and there.

And just incase you didn't realise who's doing this giveaway.

Not gifting ships for 6+ months has given me a surplus capacity of money.

>the netcode is being replaced entirely
yeah, that's the problem, they're replacing a semi-functional thing with half baked shit that will never work right

PoE's netcode revision wasn't "just a patch", either. They fundamentally remade how it worked from the ground up.

>semi functional
It doesn't meet the needs of an MMO, and it barely meets the needs of 24 people in a server.

>they're replacing a semi-functional thing with half baked shit that will never work right
>half baked shit that will never work right

You've seen the netcode refactor? Can I have a source for it not improving SC and never working?

They're doing this in SC as well. I don't know about the game you mentioned and how it worked for them, but if they did that, what's the issue? (assuming you have the same issue as the user above who can see half a year into the future)

>they're replacing a semi-functional thing with half baked shit that will never work right

Here's your (You)

cryengine was built for 64 players on large battlefield style maps with physics, remember power struggle?

instancing can in theory exist totally separately from that, it's not and never was going to be a WOW/EVE/planetside style mmo where you have literal thousands of players in the same space together.

If there's only one type or a Polaris-M it will be 800
If it's modular, the base or civilian variant will be 600
[email protected]

[email protected] 850$ for the military version
725$ for the civilian/empty version

Is SE open source? Maybe the slav should accept some help on his project. I'm sure there are plenty of autists that want him to realize his dream of SE being a space sim mmo.

user, I'm 100% sure that if Cryengine's current setup was good enough for what the devs needed to make SC, then they wouldn't spend the better part of a year changing it. But, the professionals who work at CIG, who made Cryengine originally, decided that the netcode needs to be redone for the purposes that they require. I'm confident that those people are more qualified to make this decision than some random on Veeky Forums who thinks "if it worked for this game, it'll definitely work for another" without considering the vast differences between those games and what SC is going to be.

Just a thought.

So I can join in this guess stuff, how would I be able to transfer it to my main character? I thought you were only allowed to gift something once? Do I have to make another CIG account or just a throwaway email?

>And just in case you didn't realize who's doing this giveaway

Nope. No clue.

> I don't know about the game you mentioned
Path of Exile. It's a Diablo clone, just got a new expansion, if you're into that shit you should check it out. It's free to play.

>what's the issue?
The game had massive desync issues because the client and server game states weren't synchronized as an action was taken, but rather after it. It was kind of the equivalent of FPS games where when you take an action (say, change movement directions), the other players would see your character glitch into whatever new action it's supposed to be doing. Except a much, much more extreme version of it.

Then they reworked it into a DotA style netcode where every single action you take is preapproved by the server and your game client is actually privy to more of the game logic.

>(assuming you have the same issue as the user above who can see half a year into the future)
I don't have any issues.

Fuck it now I need to theory craft.

Polaris-M[ilitary] with a Railgun & STS smaller than the Idris. Low cargo, low speed - $800 Limited to 4000
Polaris-P[eacekeeper] Railgun removed, STS still present. Medium cargo, medium speed $700
Polaris-C[ivilian] No STS, light guns only. Maximum speed, Maximum cargo. $550

>Fear Agent
Is that worth getting into? Never heard of it before, but it looks interesting.

You click the redemption email while logged into your main account and it'll redeem it to that account.

My greentext will be ready soon :)

wait, is this real or just a mockup?

If this image isn't already public then I've just lost my job, so please tell me you've seen it before.

It's not even official.

It's some fanart that keeps getting posted every thread. Basically it will look nothing like it.

I wish it was real.

i saw it 2 or 3 threads ago but i thought someone said it was the "polaris" concept back from one of TNGS modders or something, not the new one

yes it's a real spacecraft built by nasa

holy fuck

how do I find the station that the ship I'm looking for is on sale?

>implying nasa builds spacecraft anymore

>All he wrote was 'they're coming'
>Somehow had time to write this out and nothing else

Hmm.

>implying nasa builds "space"craft

ed-td.space/en/18/Find Ship/system/4191/ship/21

this helped me me find a courier

go to shinrarta dezhra

It'll sell for an even one thousand. A little less than the idris originally sold for since it won't be able to hold multiple ships.

[email protected]

Polaris M $900
Polaris P $750
[email protected]

Thank you Mr. Skellington
youtube.com/watch?v=c1Nz6pv8J4A

True, it's more traditional to write cryptic warning messages in blood.

Muh immersion is broken when all these faggots write in their log is some short cryptic message. The least they could have done is made it seem like a voice log during his final moments with the computer recording and writing down his screaming.

>scanning ships, looking for criminals
>see this
no fucking way

IN-IN-IN-INCO-INCOMMING MISSION CRITICAL MESSAGE

Can he BE anymore clean?

Mostly Harmless
Mostly Clean

think that we'll be able to rent out our Argos like in its description? it'll be nice to have a source of passive income but I'm not sure if CIG will let people do that without a few catches at least

A BOMB?!

You're welcome my child.

May space spooks be blessed unto you, and make your guess correct.

>passive income

pls god no

So does this mean exploring will be a waste of time when they finally come?

Why?

Best.

because it lets people who bought shit get even further ahead

cultists will talk about their """investments""" instead of donations

I get that it's a terrible idea but it'd be nice to pay repair bills without doing anything, maybe they'll cap it to one or two of them but even then I can see orgs just buying one for everyone and their alts if they can

>smaller than a 727
I thought this was supposed to be the future. where's my fuckin 7777 gigajets that cost less than ever to operate since they don't need fuel for most of the journey but still charge an arm and a leg and have the size and seat density of kowloon walled city for maximum profits?

if there are passive expenditures (taxes, rent, crew salaries, etc) then I would be ok with passive income

Nice, I'll give it a try.

[email protected]

Single Variant: $650
Multiple:
M-Variant: $850
P-Variant: $650
Stripped(Base): $450

but the pilots view is going to be even shittier than the starfarer

Nice space dildo. Plan on fucking starports with that?

Inb4 your momma joke.

Ps she has two.

Space themed dildos would be good
I bet a 300i one would feel fantastic

>tfw no conniefag
:

Wrong.

No way, the merlin/Archimedes would be the best dildo

Take the price you think is reasonable and add 50 to 100%.

So I'm going to say $1100. The prices have been steadily inflating lately so I would not be surprised if the Corvette is sold for the same price as something that's now a frigate.

Forgot my email:
regault at yahoo.com

You two just need to fuck already.

>...and we were on our merry way with our requested loadouts
>Just in time, really
>The employer organization was very specific on the timing of this mission based on prior data collected from some inside agent, but with the false report of resupply at the Wreck-City that we essentially relied on, we lost the extra time we bought ourselves in finishing the earlier objective quicker than we originally thought.
>"Shell?"
>"What?" replied the other Redeemer Pilot over comms
>"So here in the mission list it says after we ambush and kill those 2 TEST heavy bomber patrols at the Asteroid Junction, we get our ballistic kits, albeit a little late, and now we're supposed to wait for confirmation from Renegade that their part is done? I think this whole operation is bullshit, and I highly doubt we're ever going to get that confirmation, even if it's Renegade Squadr-"
>"Why do you care?" said Modifier, the Crucible pilot as we exit the atmosphere into space. “We, and the others, got hired to infiltrate the system and do our little part so that BLAST, our employer, can get control back of this system. We collected the blackbox data from the Bombers for confirmation, and we got paid our little part for the mission as assurance that they're serious about this overly complicated Op. Everyone in formation, we're jumping randomly so we don't get fucked. I also need to outfit your ships”
>Autopilot took control and we all got into the standard 2 - 1 - 5 form to Q-travel to somewhere safe
>He continued as the drives spooled into action, "Anyway, so far we have our money back for these NPCs we hired, so regardless of whether or not Renegade can move this whole thing along is irrelevant. If it doesn't come before the set time, we can scram."

1/5

I have a fully kitted vulture to sell and 44mil. What is a multirole setup with decent defense capability?

*decent

>"He's right," said Basic, the only real Super Hornet pilot in the group, ”we at the very least covered the cost for the NPCs and guns we have and a little more, so if this turns out to fail we have what we need."
>We exited Quantum travel some millions of km from the nearest celestial body
>”But still, they were serious enough to hire Renegade for the main part of this shit. That’s pretty big to be honest.” finished Basic
>”Ok guys, I know, but could they really do this? In the PMC briefing a few days ago, apparently Renegade was hired with killing the TEST Idris deployed to the Alpha belt. You know, the really good one with their Org 4th in command? Do you actually think they can do it? I know not to get too mixed up in all the politics since we’re hired guns, but I want this operation to succeed. TEST are all faggots.”
>I greatly disliked TEST because of a bad deal a long time ago.
>”I think so.” said Modifier. ”Remember a few months ago? Yeah, they got a UEE mission to kill Elite Scythes in Virgil as an impossible criminal redemption job, and then with only 15 player characters they went and killed 3 vanduul heavy bombers and a /fucking/ destroyer. They didn’t lose a single NPC or player.”
>”Fuck, I remember that,” added Basic, “I also remember shortly after that when their appearance in that Delamar war in Nyx stopped the fighting. Rumor has it, they have a base in that belt, and didn’t want any major conflict in their home town. Funny how a group of maybe 20-ish people can stop all of that shit from simply being seen in a scanner.”
>”Enough Renegade dick-sucking,” said Shell. “We need to get ready for the next objective. If Renegade pulls through, we’re going to the intercept route so that the other PMCs can get to the next spot. Following the set plan, we’ll be stopping more bomber groups before they reach the Alpha belt from that Planetoid base in the Gamma belt.”

2/5

he is samefagging

>weapons fire detected [threat 4]
every time I see that I spin my ship 360 degrees and fly away

>”Right.” said Modifier as he opened his Crucible to allow refitting. “Here’s the Strat. Super Hornets load lots of Size 1 energy rockets instead of missiles, and I replace the Battery upgrade slots from the energy weapons with extra mags for these ballistics. Load the Redeemers with extra mags and Size 4 cluster missiles. I bought extra of everything just because it was cheap. Fighters first, gunships last. When we’re going out to the destination, use the energy rockets first and shoot ballistics only when their shields are below 20% so that we get full pen and not waste extra rockets on the shields, which should take 3 well placed rockets. I’ll park the crucible some far out from the quantum location and stay on comms with passive radar. Give each Redeemer a personal guard, and have Basic keep 2 of them so we effectively have 3 small squadrons for focus firing. TEST use only energy weapons, so set the power used from your coolers to the shields. When the guns are at 80% heat, scram and set all power to coolers yada yada you know the usual.”
>The NPC ships began landing into the Crucible in order to receive their new load outs.
>When Basic was leaving the hangar bay, my redeemer received a status update on the other PMCs operations in the system.
>”Hey guys, operation updates!” I yelled into the mic.
>”Finally,” said Shell.
>”What’s it say?” asked Modifier
>”It came in a batch, so I’ll read the summaries from top to bottom: Death Adder group successfully took stealth-control of comm array 391 and relay station 448 to allow full system stealth communications between the hired orgs for this job. They’ve relayed the positions of all Alpha and Beta belt groups to all concerned in those belts. Rekt, Decker, Solo, Goyim, Sparrow, and Viking fighter groups managed to destroy a total of 76 TEST fighters and 12 logistical craft across the Beta belt.”
>”Sweet jesus.” said Basic.

3/5

So /edg/, a youtuber called Turjan recently sketched what he envisioned to be the crashed alien ship in it's fully constructed form.

Are you ready for...

The Amazing Flying Swastika!

So I found myself having to fetch my FAS from about 500 LY away from "home" (roll on 2.2!). As you know the FAS ain't the best traveller and my excuse is I was tired, :). This meant I forgot to filter out non scoopable stars from the GM, ending up in Hyades Sector OJ-N A8-1 with around 25% reserve tank only. "So who you gonna call? Fuelbusters lol aka those very cool people over at www.fuelrats.com

I was impressed with the way they handled my problem, their operations board is manned 24/7 and from what I've seen very professionally. Within a few minutes of logging in, my rescuer CMDR Ballantin was firing much needed fuel limpets my way. So a huge thank you to The Fuel Rats, a brilliant idea executed with such great spirit, just like ED itself!

>”DEATH, Sq1337, Rancid, Dane, ByGone, and Code Gay-ass groups managed to destroyed 18 heavy bombers, 45 fighters, and 10 logistical vehicles like Starfarers and Crucibles.
>”We contributed like 5 of those bomber kills!” said Modifier as his ship auto-refitted Shell’s Redeemer.
>”Not done yet, but this seems very good for now. It says here that, with the comm array and relay stealth-hacked, TEST officials in the Gamma Belt may still not be aware of this massive assault yet, and even if they did, all of our aliases make us untraceable until the BLAST fleet makes their appearance when that Idris is dealt with.”
>”So they haven’t killed it yet?” asked Basic.
>”It says they’re ‘in-progress’. I guess they’re fighting it, so our time is near. Finally, it says total losses on our side are at about 25 fighters and 4 logistical craft, and that’s spread across every PMC they hired for this. No groups have sustained heavy losses, and most groups are fully intact.”
>”That’s the power of the ambush. Thank god they had that reliable double agent to tell us everything about their fleet. This could have been a slaughter for us.” added Modifier.
>”It’s crazy when I think about it. This operation started literally 4 hours ago and we already did decent damage and activated no alarms.” I thought out loud.
>”Considering the size of the TEST org and their affiliates, our jobs are really just to soften them up. This relatively new lawless system has 4 landable terrestrial planets, 3 dense asteroid belts, a gas giant, an ice giant, and 12 moons, and that humongous base in that planetoid. If that agent was right, TEST put about 1/4 of their entire org here because of how profitable the base and planets are. What I’m /really/ surprised about is the thought of the gamma base not being notified and basically scrambling everyone.”

4/5

kek

Nah.

>Encoded signal (Threat: 3)
>Wait aren't these supposed to be 0?
>AI relics canister surrounded by 8 vultures
>"Can't believe that worked"

>”It says here in the Death Adder details that with the comm array and relay combo they can see the movement of task-active TEST ships as they Q-travel to other active comm arrays covered areas. They don’t appear frantic enough to warrant caution on our parts yet. It works in our favor that TEST keeps all of their comm arrays active and well.”

>It came almost immediately after we finished a short discussion on how our aliases trick comm arrays.
>”Major Mission update! Renegade, err, Shockwave group confirms… well fuck me sideways, they confirm Idris dead along with 2 corvettes, 20 fighters, 5 bombers, and 3 logistical craft. Apparently the Idris group was more heavily stacked than anticipated, but they’re still holding a line at Alpha Belt, 200km away from comm array 103. TEST Quantum jumps are beyond frantic and Gamma belt base is certainly notified of the invasion at this point.”
>”What are the orders?” asked Shell
>”It says here that BLAST main force is currently jump driving into the system and that we need to follow the intercept path. We’ll meet up with Bygone, Code Gay-ass, Viking, and Rekt at comm array 301 to form our own combined battlegroup and block off incoming Gamma Belt forces at the comm array choke point while the other groups meetup with Shockwave group at a separate location to retreat and reorganize for a full push through the system’s primary locations with additional BLAST forces. Also, for the great success, our UEC pay was tripled.”
>”Hot damn, so I guess it’s time. Follow the strat, I’ll find a location for us if we have to retreat. A Crucible is no good in battle.” said Modified
>”I suppose your right. Everyone assume 3 - 2 - 2 for this Q-travel. We’re going in.”
>The Crucible travelled separately to a lone corner of the system while we pointed towards the comm array.
>This could be the death of us, but such is the life of a Private Military Corporation.

>[Quantum Drive Initiated].

5/5

This isn't how you greentext.

This is just copy pasting a shit storyboard you wrote up with memequote arrows before them.

Theres so cold without you :c

It's a shame the crucible is going to be relatively short range. It would be nice just flying around space until I find a job and then park it and take out my fighter.

I only have the one Aquila image, comrade. Have a Khartu-al.

Is there a trick for finding big ships at High RES sites more frequently?

>the trailer already showed the srv rolling out from a huge lakon hangar

That's a surface access tunnel in a settlement.

>It's a shame the crucible is going to be relatively short range

sauce?

>Polaris
$695, I reckon.
[email protected]

Theres a helpful chart here, too
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ojxR84DJlX9i7Zu0ZrYkWPhKQUYIcK5bx5Ia8fQgimY/edit#gid=1241080206

Seem to have a hardon for prices ending in 5.

Are you going to collect one, or are you melting to get it? Part of me wonders how much you've got in your hangar by now

dejavu pls stop

what's actually wrong with it

maybe it's this guy

But why buy so many multiples of the same ship?

I dont have any problems with the fuel rats. Its emergent gameplay that ftroop hasnt frowned on just yet, its just immensly stupid that ftroop just expects people to do shit for free or for rp and cant make a career out of it.

The other half of this is that its an orginization of olddads that want to do it for free and cry on the forums about chinese gold sellers if you suggest player trades.

So fuck em

I'm going to be buying one for myself ontop of gifting one. Right now my total spent is sitting close to ~6850ish iirc. Only about a grand of that is gifted.

Wanted a multicrew combat ship in the Reclaimer/Orion/Carrack size for awhile, not a fan of the larger ships personnally.

Friends. I think he also believes he can have AI pilot them for trading and shit.

8 vultures is not a threat 3

Damn son, well..

Thank you for contributing to the BDSSE so hard.

Though I have to agree with you on the multicrew thing, will be nice to get something the right size between a Constellation and larger vessels that can still have a low crew count but have some room.

Hey, you're the guy people confused me for back in the early days of the merge, I used to post skeletons in space suits on /edg/, nice to meet finally meet you, fellow forgotten cosmonaut.

I agree with this. The corvette, at about 110 to 100m is perfect. The Frigate and destroyer are way to cumbersome and require so much more to operate. I'm also a fan of the Banu Merchantman and Caterpillar for these same reasons.

Getting to name an NPC was one of the low tier kickstarter rewards. That's why we see a lot of maymay bullshit.

Some are procgen coincidences, like a few stations they had to rename a ways back. eg: "Cock Ring" "Dick Dock"

Multiple skelemans?

/scg/ truly has the deepest lore.