Which state has the best looking license plate?

which state has the best looking license plate?

which state has the worst?

why are front plate laws so shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_license_plate_designs_and_serial_formats
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

high tier: california, new york, colorado, delaware

shit tier: everything else

i'd rather have a front plate than an empty space where a front plate was meant to be

Virginia Snek plate and Texas
New Jersey Worst
MUH AERO DYNAMICS

>his front bumper came with mounting holes
>he wants a high drag coefficiency

Texas lone star plate is best
WV plate is worst b/c it looks like it ripped off PA but managed to be even more bland

>confuses drag with frontal area
>anime posters

i have truck and motorcycles so it's not such an issue, just triggered by ugliness

>>confuses drag with frontal area

Retard alert

you realize those all have the same frontal area right?
drag and frontal area are not related.

Die

Delaware or California Black Plates.

>round, angular & square shapes have no change in effect
>he must think front splitters and canards do nothing as well

Blind as a bat

>California Black Plates

South Dakota's license plate, since whoever put that picture together doesn't seem to recognize the state's existence.

What about vintage plates?

You're an idiot

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_license_plate_designs_and_serial_formats

click on any state and go through them.. my shitty state has never had a decent plate (NJ).

that looks like shit

I like any of the plates that are simple and easy to read, and not a shitty advertisement of what the state is known for. With the latter I'm looking at Idaho in particular. Here in Kansas we got it right by ditching the bullshit about muh wheat and America's heartland.

this one

I like my states license plate. This is the one I'm getting next year.

Of those in the picture, Delaware is the best. Nice clean and timeless.

I ignore front plate laws. In CA its 25 bucks if you get caught. Not worth the effort to fight or the ruining of the car to comply

>I ignore front plate laws. In CA its 25 bucks if you get caught

It's $125 and counts as a primary infraction of vehicle law. It's not a "fix it" ticket here, so you can get a ticket each different day you are seen or photographed by a license plate camera. The officer can write you up with a moving violation ticket, but if you go to court it is possible to talk it down to an equipment violation ticket if the judge decides to help you out. It is his option because missing license plates is not classed as an equipment problem.

WA state recognizes some cars cannot mount a front license plate without significant change or because there is no available mounting bracket. In such a case, you can apply to the WA state patrol for a waiver. I saw an import car with a very thin stock rounded fascia bumper and he made a vinyl decal with the license plate numbers on it and stuck that to the bumper to reduce the likelihood of being pulled over. It basically was "WA 1234567".

The police seem to have some common sense tolerance. When I bought my new car and had the windows tinted, the shop laminated my temporary license paper and fit it into the rear license plate holder. So it surely looked out of place seeing a white piece of paper with a few big numbers on it. At it turned out, there was a local police car behind me at a traffic light. The officer did not pull me over and we both went our separate ways.

The license plate number is "39 39"in this picture of a Chevy Camaro in Japan. I don't know if that has special significance in Japan.

SC

Only the sunset one, all others are ass

Wisconsin and Minnesota have pretty nice minimalist plates.

Cool kids club: Washington, California, Oregon
Not invited: Colorado
Famous potatoes tier: Idaho
Freedom tier: New Hampshire
Godawful shit tier: Anything with a web address on it

>tfw your state plate isnt in that picture

But we have front license plate laws

The centennial plates for NM suck ass. The old school plates are still the best choice if you're unfortunate enough to live here.

That's a shit plate and you know it.

39 is San-kyu in moonspeak or you know thank you.

Also Florida has the best specialty plates.
Granted our state plate looks lame as hell compared to the early 90s red plates.

Pic related have one of these on my shitbox.

Seconding the NY plates. I'm not a huge fan of the angled text on top, but it's a nice throwback to the old yellow and black plate styles they used for decades before the Statue of Liberty one and the 2000's white and blue one.

PA's look like shit (URLs on license plates always look like shit) and have for almost two decades and Jersey still looks like fucking piss which is hilarious.

>50 states
>50 plates
>OP image has 10 plates per column, 5 columns
>50 plates
>last one on the bottom right isn't a state but a plug for GLStockImages.com

Which state is missing?

>san-kyu
>three-nine

Colorado plates best plates.

The best states are the ones that allow "year of manufacture" plates. I've got a 1987 and a 1965. YOM plates look more appropriate on old cars.

>That's a shit plate
fite me irl

>when an American thinks his state has shitty plates near me
Imagine having to slap 20 1/2 by 4 1/3 inch billboards with characters large enough to read from a mile away on your car. And front plates are mandatory.