Matt Farah Buys a Focus RS

>Matt Farah Buys a Focus RS
>It's a lease
>"As a small business owner the tax benefits are well worth a lease. I've done the math"
>Half the video is him saying how expensive it is and how he's likely not going to track it.

Matt Farah confirmed for Kike Lord.

he's not wrong.
buying brand new performance cars out right is pretty stupid anyway even if you aren't a business owner or investor.
it gets you out of the car easier and quicker when you've had enough of it.

>buy a performance car
>don't track it

If you get tired of a performance car before 35,000 miles you bought the wrong car IMHO

My favorite if from the reddit thread.
>'I wanted a fast, luxury hatchback for my daily driver,'
>ferd focus
>luxury

Sorry, I can't take this clown serious after this.

>ford
>focus
>hatchback
>luxury

That's fucking overkill

>cover electric-powered seats in leather
>throw some nice gaudy materials on the dash
>add some sound deadening

There, I've luxurized your econobox.

as a former car salesman and a really really smart dude

it doesnt make sense to not have equity in the second most expensive thing you have
that being said matt farah is worth millions and has so many cars it would be stupid to buy a current year car that you dont care about

the thing is, that's all luxury is to your average person. tons of people think their Ford Fusion is on par with a Jaguar and it's the people like them that make these ideas hold true.

>as a former car salesman and a really really smart dude

>well there's my hysterical laughter for the day

you leased an FRS. you're not a smart dude and cars are not an investment.

Probably because anything beyond that is essentially throwing money away.

He is compensating so hard.
>It's way nicer than a focus
>It's like a luxury focus
>So much better than a regular focus
>Regular focus is pretty nice and this is better
>Really what is a Golf R other than a fancy Golf?
>Really what is STI other than a fancy Impreza?
>It's so much nicer than a Focus

Nigga it looks like fucking Focus with nice seats. No matter how much you say it Matt it's not a luxury car and it's interior is not much better than a $20k focus.

who gives a fuck about interior

Matt Farah obviously

So he gets a tax cut from buying it, okay that makes sense.
Does not want to track it because of increased cost of maintenance, i dont see the issue here, hes a small binnis owner trying to save some money.
OP are you always this gay? or only on Wednesday?

If he runs it through the business he'll save on taxes
Lease is the better option because if he purchased it outright he can only claim it for one tax year.

also
>50k for a focus
my sides :^)

>tripfag
>really really smart dude

you know what are good investments besides stocks, mutual funds, or property?

I'm always gay for cars. How else can I stay on this board?

My point is Matt has the money and the time to buy an RS and maybe play around with the ECU and put some bolt-ons into it for more smiles per gallon.

But instead he leased it because shekels. If you're gonna lease a daily why not an ST; it's just as fun and fancy inside, and costs much less. And I'm sorry but 40k+ for what you get in power and "drift mode" isn't smart. The only Fords worth 40-50k are GT500s and GT350s

knockoff watches are a good investment?

>tries to prove he's wealthy and intelligent with a picture of a shitty watch and an ugly shirt

Typical tripfag that's almost frostytier

This. And that mentality will make you lazy on car maintenance since "you can always walk away from it"

This is just another Jew trick to take away my
anything nice

>mfw I am not even the trip you're responding too
>mfw thats not even me in the image

Watches are a good investment though unless you're buying flavor of the month shit

>car salesman
>really smart
You're no better than McDonalds worker but in suit. Who the fuck some annoying cunt to look for cars anyway? Learn 5mins from Internet then you become more knowledgable than most sales

Soon you're gonna be replaced by automation. Soon

Not him but you're severely retarded if you think salespeople will be replaced by automation. A successful sales person while not smart has enough charisma to close deals.

Never worked in a car dealership before either but I am sure majority of sales people also write lending deals if they are financing or leasing.

That machining is horrendous. I thought fake watches had come a long way from that.

Breitlings themselves are horrendous.

You either get a Rolex, Omega, or Patek.

you're a funny guy. spending thousands on something you might make a couple hundred on in several years is not a good investment. and paying more money for an Inifiniti when everything they make is just a dressed up and marked up Nissan is icing on the cake.

>Watches are a good investment though unless you're buying flavor of the month shit

The irony is that if you have enough liquid to where you can treat watches as an investment then you are obviously wealthy enough to where you don't have to treat your watches as a fucking investment.

Vintage Rolex? That's a fucking snakepit. Good luck there.
Vintage Patek? Hope you have a couple of bins in your name.

Once you get to the point where you can even get in the watch game, you've made enough to where you can consider your losses the cost of the hobby and maybe you'll get lucky a Sotheby's a couple times.

again ive said like twice now this isn't me in the pictures these are just things ive pulled off google.

Why are you so stupid

Do you post on repgeek?

You dont need that much ideally as an investment you want something that is either going to retain value or appreciate.

If you buy any Rolex outside of the Prince models you've picked a winner. It will either retain its value or increase year over year.

See

No date sub
Batman GMT
Submariner
Daytona (especially now since MUH ceramics)

Watches on the whole are better investments than cars that the only point i was trying to make

is that Matt Farah's million mile focus RS?

>Tag Heuer
>S2000
>I literally overpay for garbage

>as an investment you want something that is either going to retain value

No, that's actually a loss.
>Buy an item for a hundred dollars
>Sit on it for ten years
>Sell it for a hundred dollars

That's ten years' worth of compounding gains on that hundred dollars you're missing out on.

You have to do the math on your expected rate of gain in the market vs. your watch. If your watch isn't going to at least match the market average, it's a bad investment.
>inb4 well the market goes down
Sure, and when the market is down, who's going to pay for your frivolous luxury item?
>inb5 well I'll keep it until the market's back up
Too bad your money was tied-up in a watch so you couldn't buy in when the market was down.

>Watches on the whole are better investments than cars
Cars, by and large, are consumable goods. They aren't meant to be investments. Anyone who thinks otherwise has been watching the Barrett-Jackson auctions too much thinking, "If I just keep the miles on my Civic Si low enough, in 30 years I'll be able to sell it for a ton!"

2bh tho, I bet a mint EP3 would go for a shit load of money in 2036. ackspeshuly after tesla outlaws dangerous gas power cars

Not really by then you could import rarer, better speced Euro/Japanese/UK CTRs

oh I'm sorry so what you're saying is you're just posting pictures of things you can't actually afford? because you're a broke fucking loser? but you're here trying to give others financial advice? is that correct?

I asked a friend of mine who restores classic Porsche cars for rich guys about this. (Dream job, sort of. On one hand, you're around class Porsches all day, but when you've poured your heart into a car, you have to hand the keys over to some banker who is going to give his stepson the raddest 16th birthday ever.)

He said that the cars of today simply won't do as well as the cars of the cars through 1980 because of the electronics. Let's say it's 2030 and you're restoring a gorgeous barn find 2010 Mercedes S-Class. Where do you source an original set of computers?

The true restoration will basically become impossible.

By contrast, if you're rebuilding a 74 Carrera RS and you need to find a correct Kugelfischer MFI pump for a 74, they still exist.

Emulators maybe?

I watched some of that vid and who the fuck is he kidding about it being a "luxury car"?

I've driven a thousand new Foci and even the top of the line ones feel just like an economy car with suede seats, which they are. Everything in it is plastic and awful to the touch and the ride and wind noise are nothing to write home about.

I normally like his videos, especially the one takes, but I have no clue what he's on about here. The RS is so far from luxury.
Luxury ride? Nope it's a pretty stiff ride on account of being so track or sport or whatever focused
Luxury interior? Hell no fake leather is not luxury
It doesn't even have very much sound deadening or a good sound system

>no tripcode
>really really smart dude

I don't know why people cream their pants over the Focus RS

It's a Focus with a blower and AWD, and it sounds like it's got a factory installed fart cannon.

For however much he paid for it, you could have bought a much nicer M3 and had infinitely more modification potential.

M3s are soft and pigfat as fuck these days. I'd much rather have a Focus RS over a modern M3.

M2 though...

You guys are getting played. Farah has the income where he doesn't have to worry about leasing, owning, or whatever the fuck for an RS.

>Ford marketing calls Farah
>Ford requests Farah pushes leasing options rather than owning
>Farah talks up the car and leasing on his channel
>In 2-3 years all these leasers influenced by Farah give up their RS when the car has still held its value like a similar STI/EVO
>Ford rakes in the cash on used RS leases selling for almost new prices with how well they hold value

>matt farah
>worth millions
pick one.

Not to go full weeb, but high end Seikos are very good too.

>Where do you source an original set of computers?
Mercedes? They keep shit in stock for a long time, and if you really need to they will make it for you new. Toyota does it too

YOU LITERAL SHIT STAIN ITS NOT EVEN A MEME WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ITS NOT EVEN A LEXUS ITS NOT MATT FARAHS MILLION MILE FOCUS HOW CAN HE EVEN HAVE A MILLION MILES ON IT? HOW CAN YOU EVEN LIVE WITH YOURSELF?

Makes perfect sense, also the part about not wanting to track it fits in so Ford doesn't have to worry about repairs on their unreliable shitcar