200mph?

Anyone ever done it? What is it like? Any suggestions on how to get there if you can't afford to buy a car that can do it?

Not personally done but the cheapest way would be by motorcycle.

I've done 190 on a Yamaha R1 and just cracked 200 in a twin turbo Cobra with a Viper trans. I wasn't driving the Cobra though. at that point you're going so fast you don't even hear engine noise, just the wind.

What motorcycle does 200? What sane person would do 200 in a bike?

I want to do it with a parachute, and rip the cord right at 200
What's the worst that could happen.

>Someday you will be able to drive 250 MPH, as fast as a passenger jet

What sane person does 200 in a car?

Depending on the year and condition and whether the limiter has been taken off, Hayabusas can do 200.

most liter bikes are electronically limited to 189 but with a tune capable of 200. my 600 did 165 easily.

I think terminal velocity is like 120mph. Might be able to raise that to like 150 if you make yourself as aerodynamic as possible, go down head first and whatever.

Maybe get one of those base jumping squirrel suits? Reduce drag coefficient and hope your parachute works well. Idk if they break 200.

That's like holding pattern speed. Turbofan airliners go 550 while at cruise altitude.
Even things like a small twin engined turboprop planes (think beechcraft king air) have a top cruise in the low/mid 300mph area. 250 is Child's play in the aircraft world, and no your Cessna 182 wont EVER crack 200 without nosediving, even then it would shake itself apart.
>Cessna is the Civic/Econobox of the airplane world

top fuel goes +300mph in 3 seconds.
hang out at a drag strip for long enough and someone might let you use theirs

>civic is econobox
Subtle

I'd do it, and I'm sane. But I don't want a speeding ticket.

No cop will try and chase you doing 150+ on a bike.

My old best friend from when I was a kid, he races bikes and was tellin me about what it's like doing 190mph+. He's like "You really don't understand how fast it is until you pass the 'Exit- 1mi' sign and you are passing the exit a few seconds later".

It's gotta be crazy on a bike. Even in a car, once you get past 110mph or 120mph, every 10mph more just seems so much faster. Especially with traffic.

Closest ive gotten was 160mph w/ 430hp

En route to 650hp so i can maybe go for it if my tranny lets me.

my goal for my next car is 200mph

Uh go on a plane...

My mk4 jetta tops at 130 mph

I did 150 in my old camaro with ~450 hp on the highway didnt top it out though it was still pulling.
What car do you have and where do you do your top speed runs?

I did 115 in a 2004 Nissan Sentra and about 120 in a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

The difference in ride difference was massive. The Sentra was pretty nonchalant, and it felt like about 80. The Jeep was terrifying and definitely felt like it shouldn't be going anywhere near that fast (obviously). I'd like to go faster but in something smaller and sportier.

My car should be capable of 175 before it runs out of gear. I'm taking a road trip next month, and it will be long flat roads for miles. Aiming to hit 165 before I blow a tire and end up on the news.

its not much different than 120 desu after 120 it takes a lot to make a noticeable difference on the high way.