/evn/ - English Visual Novels

Writers Can't Post Progress, Idiot edition.

Thread for discussing English language visual novels and their development.

Do you have a question about an originally-Japanese visual novel or a translation of it?
/vn/ is ready to answer it. We are not them.

>Developer Resources, Getting Started:
pastebin.com/7LsCvtq3

>Recommended Reading:
vndb.org/v/all?q=;fil=olang-en.tagspoil-0;o=d;s=rating
pastebin.com/zGVSpH0B

>For Developers. Huge collection of guides on everything:
lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewforum.php?f=42

>Ren'Py Download:
renpy.org/

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/user-795244489/march-to-battle
youtube.com/watch?v=A60qO60RR4o&t=4m40s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

baka OP, dead thread

If this user is still here, can you recommend me some manga or vns pls? I think I read the same things as you and have run out of horror ones.

I'm using my bump powers

>Writer for paid hire
>Doesn't use capitalization

In messages or forum posts? What's the problem?

Doesn't give a good impression. They could be a fantastic writer when they're in the zone and serious, but if all you see from them is, "hai guyz hire me i write reel good iswear", would you give them the time of day?

i don't capitalize basically everywhere because it requires effort

but god damn can i write like a champ

what an uninspiring top image

Needs more tiddies

Sure. You said their only issue was no capitalization.

you guys always want writers to post progress so i did

You could post an excerpt, you know.

oh look, it thinks it's being clever

>I don't agree with someone making a joke, so I'm going to call them 'it' in order to be derogatory

Why do you think this is a remotely appropriate response?

Fuck off to a tumblr hugbox where spewing that bullshit is acceptable.

Not OP, but you guys really can't complain when we die before a new thread is even created. Anyone can do it if they wanted.

Do your own bread next time. Nothing is stopping you.

I'm don't care about the OP so long as my filter can still pick up the thread. A screenshot of a big block of text would possibly been worse. I'm just saying writers can post progress.

Any download links for Sakura Shrine Girls and Sakura Space yet? I checked a few of my favorite sites but they don't have 'em.

buy them you cheap fuck.

>having shit taste
>pirating EVNs
>stating that here of all places
wew lad

>Pirating /evn/s

That's a new low

wew lad, that projection is blinding

Not that I've seen, sorry. If I run across a torrent I'll link it here to spite everyone who gets their panties in a bunch when piracy is mentioned.

And I'll hope that if you're ever not a huge nodev, that someone does the same to you.

Even fucking Liru's game had over 100x downloads from piracy than from buyers, and people waited years for it. Pirate all you want, but don't complain people can't afford better artists/writers/musicians and the scene can't stand a flame to Japan's later.

> if

of course he's a no dev.

I won't, because it's not my problem.

I'm not a dev at all.

I understand the pain. There are more sites where you can illegally download my game than there are reviews of it by a 3/1 factor.

We too can't wait for you to quit the industry, famu.

play a better VN, don't waste your time with sakurashit (there will be CG sets up in a couple of days anyway, there's literally no worth in them besides the art)

Have fun having nothing to play.

It's OK user, you tried.

>implying I'm enough of a thristy underage tard to play WC """"""games""""""

Maybe you should have uploaded your own game as a torrent so others didn't need to, but put some big fucked up messy shit 20 minutes in or after the demo content.

>besides the art
>implying the art is worth it
Couldn't be any more uninspired. All the girls have the exact same face and bodies, and the style is on par with the most generic anime, only worse.

He'll have plenty of JVN to play.

who pirates $10 games?

> implying fags like him aren't EOP

ha ha ha

the poor.

eh I don't disagree but it's still the only draw they have

>man i sure love waiting 10 years to play a buggy partial translation patch by the fourth group to quit on this VN nips are already tired of, knowing that it only got this far because it had a horrible anime adaptation recently and no one gives a fuck about my hobby

...but at least it was free!

i'm dirt poor and i pay for the content i consume so please kys

>implying JVN aren't coming over in a steady stream and with smaller gaps between Japanese and English release as well

>not learning japanese

kys

so im bad and im looking for someone to work with who is really good but for some reason wants to work with me. also i want 60% involvement in the project. also im not motivated and will give up after 1.5 weeks.

any takers?

Mate there are people who beg for humble bundle keys, get over yourself, there will always be people who want something for free or either can't or don't want to buy it at that time.

>knows japanese but doesn't use those connections to make quality jvns instead
why

Get you to do my boring tasks for that 1.5 weeks, boot you for stopping, enjoy the free stuff. Sure.

Yeah, I figured I'd have found them myself if it was actually out there but I decided it was worth a try anyway. Thanks.

To everyone questioning my taste, there's a reason why I'm looking to pirate this game instead of buying it. Think about it.

>thinking you'd be able to get the type of person they're talking about to even respond to you in a timely manner, let alone do any actual work
How innocent

>get over yourself, person who makes sure content creators can afford to keep doing so, why can't you be an entitled cunt like all these other assholes so my argument gets validated

gg no re

bruh
bruh pls

>Think about it.
You're an idiot? If some product isn't worth my money, it sure isn't worth my time.

People who don't like paying for things when they can get away with feeling smug instead.

of course! Do you want to join my project? We're kinda new, just a week in development, but we have a bright future for sure! We have 28 artists and 541 writers, it's going to be a really long one with 54 routes that each lasts 5000 years! Oh and it's going to have fully animated everything and have AAA gameplay and we'll even sell hard copies on conventions and maybe will have a figurine made! I've already commisionned a daki with best boy

This.

How pathetic do you have to be to waste your time, which is worth more than your money in any case, in something you think it's bad?

>To everyone questioning my taste, there's a reason why I'm looking to pirate this game instead of buying it. Think about it.
that you're retarded? everyone can see that

What a shit thread. Post some progress or something.

i can't think of a name for my survival vn

oh boy! a cut of the profits?!
sign me up boyo!

sakura survival

That's an interesting GUI. Unique.

>tfw come up with good vn name
>tfw it's taken by dog food

>tfw you will never get to publish your magnum opus vn, NutriSource Lamb Meal & Rice Formula

I'll never forget what a ride the true route was when you discover that the 'lamb' was actually human meat all along

Just because another company is using the name you want in a different field doesn't mean you can't also use it. For example, Monster (the energy drink) and Monster (the overpriced HDMI cable maker) and Monster (the job listings website) are different companies using the same name, but no trademark infringed because they are totally different fields.

Hey guys,
I finished a track intended for some kind of game cut scene today
soundcloud.com/user-795244489/march-to-battle
do you think it could work in a visual novel scene?
Also, if you'd like to work with me, feel free to consult :)

yea but for a little indie game where someone being able to google your game without dog food results it may matter

>everyday my fucking nomad gives me this look when I come home

I'm curious user. Please share.

Reminder that visual novels are not games and should not belong to a video game board

natural balance

are you suggesting they belong to the literature board because I think Veeky Forums would see some problems

l actually do, goodbye

whats it about aside from naturalness and balance?

well you have to survive in a forest or else you'll be raped by wild beasts just kidding. of course go figure i learn that two other anons are making a survival themed vn right after i finish my script

both the first and second scenarios sound interesting. surprisingly I've never played a vn where you survive. Competition breeds better results so I'd go into things with the mindset of that

If it makes you feel better, the focus is more on it being a sci-fi mystery game that takes place with them trying to survive in a forest long enough to get home.

bum?

kek

What's the difference between a CYOA with pictures and a VN? Is there a difference?

youtube.com/watch?v=A60qO60RR4o&t=4m40s

VN originates from Japan. CYOA is more western.

So then EVN...?

EVN is a mix of cultures. It pulls more towards VN than CYOA, so clearly you can see why it's referred to as EVN.

Aren't all VNs with choices technically CYOA? Unless the choices don't matter at all.

>tfw you know you're in the final 10% of your script and it's about time for editing passes to see where any addition or removals may be necessary

The terms aren't what they mean literally, it's more about the connotation. From hearing about VN, you might think of a high school romance in Japan, while hearing CYOA you might think of a knight going across a western Europe world to reach a tower and save a damsel in distress from a dragon.

>filename saluting
>image not saluting

How long do artists usually draw before getting into the industry? Are they are "pro" level or just half-way there?

>industry
lel

>that poem at 52:55
10/10

>spend two weeks playing vidya and being sick
>do fuck all on my projects
>come back and sketch out 9 CG and ink some in two days

i learned bide

I hope to see them soon.

post those sketches

>I drew all these things!
>doesn't post anything
The worst

>posting progress
>in /evn/

Oh look it's that one faggot who kept bragging about progress but never show any of it. At least AA dev owns up to the crits and show their work anyway. Mind you, they're still pretty whiny but at least they actually post shit.

your tears are delicious

>Implying