/domg/ - Dominions General

Elf Edition

Previous Pankonator →

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Maerlande or NuclearMonkee
>Jump into MP feet first
>Do not bully Elves

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=2932
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=RealmofRoaringScrubs
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=ToDistractYourselfFromLifeProblems
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1st because this thread has the better OP picture

Worth summoning?

Well, it's over.

Graphs, if you're interested.

Joined as Mictlan.

5th for sneks

>That last sentence
Okay, how powerfull are the Kami she attracts?

Person who has 3 candles in 121 - is that your cap?

Mages

So it is an excellent sacred H3 mage that freespawns other additional mages.

I'm going to go with "Yes".

What is that even from? Magic Enhanced?

Actually, I can see that it has full scales, so it has to be.

Anyways, I won't be taking 114, of course, but I would like to take 119 and that crossing area (113-96).

Yes.

Also, in mountains, she gets Mori-No-Kami fo FREE. Those guys are amazing thugs/light SCs and RoS casters, given that they have high prot and ethereal built in.

Can we replace Marveni? Stale and not a word in the threads.

Sorry, Yama*-no-kami. Mori-no-kami are the forest dudes.

Probably one of the many anonymous REEEE BADMIN shitters who seem to be convinced that the admin getting changed out is a conspiracy.

Game runs on a 36 hour timer. Ain't nobody got time for stales.

Is that reimu

It doesn't have lifeless undead, so no.

Reimu is not a zombie

Reminder to scrubs who are afraid to join multiplayer games that pic related exists, so you have nothing to worry about.

>freespawn mages
yes

How's the UWbowl going?

delayed due to scleria fucking off, thankfully a Y's sub was found

KEK

Her name is CLEARLY Natsumi

I'm about to pick a fight, but everything got postponed.

What's better for an F4 (well, F3+phoenix power) mage, one cast of Living Fire or 2 casts of Summon Fire Elemental?

>also any must have mods please

Awful Nations is fun

z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=2932

anyone?

>new olathe turn out

wew lad, sceleria came back early

I'd say getting four size 4 fire elementals is better than two size 6 elementals, especially since it takes only one turn to cast living fire.

Probably living fire, but as always it depends on what you're facing.

Really? What does it depend on? I can't think of many things that can trivially take down a size 6 fire elemental that can't also take down a size 4 (or, for that matter, anything that has trouble with one having less trouble with the other)

I can't think of any situation where the big fire elemental would be better except in rare cases where you need the extra 6 damage on the flame strike, which doesn't happen often in situations where fire elementals are good (clearing out lots of skeletons, for example)

On the sheet listing the win/loss of nations, wtf does the highlight mean?

>filthy land nation taking muh UW
Bats need to get the fuck out.

Summoning the size 6 elementals causes less fatigue, so your mage can get more evocations off once scripting ends. In magic scales you could even get an extra size 6 elemental, but I'm assuming he's limited by gems since both cases have the same gem cost.

You also would want the extra damage against troops with fire resist and decent protection, though as says fire elementals are a poor choice for that situation.

Size 6 elementals should be more resilient to enemy evocations. 2 size 6 has about the same amount of total hp as 4 size 4, but there are less of them to get hit at once by AoE effects.

Most of these are pretty situational, but I could see them being important for a battle.

Living X is more for caster SCs like kings or pretenders since they can spam it every turn for minimal fatigue.

Hi rlyeh.

And hi Xibalba too

I wonder which one of my neighbours should I be friends with.

Living X is amazing on basically anything which can cast it, even if it really shines on high-path mages.

Wailing Winds is enemy only, right? That's what it says in the spell description, but I wanted to be sure.

What's a firenigger to do?

Embrace the suffering

H-hello.

lately i've grown into the strategy for most of my nations to not get any mages for the first 8-12 turns or so, and just focus on expansion and getting quick 2nd fort

how bad is this

today I will remind them

Extremely bad, I will be certain to rush you if I ever run into you.

Not that bad. I actually tend to not get any mages until turn 6-8 unless i'm really getting a lot of gold.

But turn 12 is probably too much.

How does the heat aura work? Does the number represent fire damage, the radius of the effect, both, or something else?
Also how do temp scales effect it? And is the effect additive or multiplicative?

Did a double too

Xibalba, are you here? It would be great if we could talk about borders.

It's acceptable if you have a very strong earlygame. Otherwise it's way too risky.

Strength of fire/cold auras represents the AoE, but it's number of squares affected (like AoE spells) rather than a radius.

Damage is fixed, I think it's 5 heat/cold stun damage. Multiple auras can hit the same square in a turn though, so large groups with heat aura will cause fatigue very fast.

As far as I know, temperature scales don't directly affect the auras. However, the auras can cause freezing/burning, and stronger temperature scales will cause those debuffs to last longer. Additionally, many units with heat or cold auras have other properties that make them perform best in their preferred scale.

Incredibly stupid, unless you are one of few nations with stupid expensive mages. I could see Hinnom/Garth not recruiting mages a turn or two to afford their mega castles. Everyone else should at least get their cheaper researchers up to keep your research rate rising.

If you literally need every piece of gold for expansion then you have A. failed your expansion game or B. are a nation that requires an early expander.

Or a nation with mega sacreds

or C. Are getting HUGE

>tfw I am preparing massive attacks in every game I'm in

"Massive attacks" is my default state.

too late idiots

BoT going up next turn

Joined as Sauromatia

Mari, pardner. This isn't funny anymore.

>Fist
Pretty badass desu.

>Story events on
Is it intended?

>Jaguar Tribe Priest
105 gold
>Arch Angel
0 gold

Looks like a victory to me.

>shield of gleaming gold
>on a unit with +6awe

This is the only direction in which I can expand, thanks to an air mage province and a throne. Sorry. Don't start a war over it, please.

I just got home, and need to bed before work. I'll chat with you tomorrow.

yes

Oh, also heavy cav. Fuck this expansion so hard.

turns?

New Domg game up, for LA with summod. Looking for up to 12 players, on Realm of Roaring Cave Rhinos.

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=RealmofRoaringScrubs

Also one more needed for this game -
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=ToDistractYourselfFromLifeProblems

EA summod, WH, 2 province start

You know this might sound strange, but anyone else feels like the map is different in the latest turn? Like I distinctly remember sending my scout North-East but he's South-East.

Or maybe my memory is fuzzy since I had to wait more than 48 fucking hours for the first turn, thanks Pelagia.

My turn looks fine.

Don't worry about it.

Do your turns

WeWuz is a retarded game, because retards everywhere.
Ermor is wonnabe ISIS shitter, has no chances to actualy win the game, but since turn 15 spreading his cancer everywhere.
Mictlan is quadblessed (in MA!) idiot, considering his Scales(lol) BoT killed all of his lands and he can produce like 3 sacreds per turn or 2 sacreds and 1 mage.
Pelagia fighting the whole world by now, because he is agressive retarded newbie, unknown to magesupport, despite having one of the best strategic dispositions (the map itself preferable to UW nations) and considering Ryley AI he could have done good.
Really, I have forgot that /domg/ can be so scrub-tier. Even if I'll win this game, I won't be proud about it for the slightest.

>Pelagia Waiting for 2h file

SERIOUSLY Pelagia?
You can't do a double on TURN FUCKING TWO?

What was that about me losing 50+ bats for every one of your sacreds, monkey? Well, to be fair I'm not in your territory. Yet.

Yo Shinu I notice that some of your provinces bordering mine have been taken by Ermor for quite some time now ,and I notice that you haven't taken them back. I'd rather not Ermor have any more D so I'm gonna take them with a raiding party that's on its way towards Ermor. Feel free to take them back whenever you want.

Also to the guy who sent me gold for D gems, how many do you want/you consider worth? I'm not exactly an expert at appraising jewelry. If you want to keep your identity secret just identify yourself by the last 3 numbers in the sum you sent.

>double

user he didn't even do a single.

wew

Well then.

Want to restart the game with Pelagia removed?

I want you to restart the game with MAH DUBS!

Im gonna buy this game, as i have realised its probably capable of filling the empty voids in my life.

Anyways, which one should i go for ? Dominions 3 or 4?

kill yourself

4 obviously. Nobody plays 3 anymore really and 4 is pretty much 3 just with more shit.

If you lost a leg and had a choice of installing a modern prosthetic or a wooden peg leg, what would you do?

Alright, im getting 4.

Is this game enjoyable singleplayer or is this the type of game that should be played online to get the most enjoyment out of it?

On second thought, 4 is just a better peg leg, to be honest...

Still, go for 4 because it has people who play MP.

That reminds me, how about a Dom3 MP game sometime?

It's a MP game that has a SP, but the AI is just as bad as that of any other strategy game

Both. Enjoyable in single player especially if you like messing around with self modding and roleplaying. Really enjoyable in MP as you can tell by this thread.

Play SP until you get a hang on it. Well... Until you think you get a hang on it. Then join some shit anonymous game ITT (they're full of scrubs) or a noob game in Steam group.

Pft, coming from a Fail-Trippper? I think Not.