pastebin.com/BuG8yM2j

>Tips and guides
Blog: tf2.com
Wiki: wiki.tf
Class guides: pastebin.com/u/TheOperator
FAQ: pastebin.com/6t7WNtgn
Mods: pastebin.com/bzzUK5tz
Steam status: steamstat.us steamgaug.es
Preview Loadout: whatsnext.loadout.tf steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/158547475
HUDs: huds.tf
Game Traffic: steamcharts.com/app/440#1y

>Trading
Sites: scrap.tf tf2outpost.com backpack.tf bazaar.tf
BP check: backpack.tf
Prices: backpack.tf trade.tf
Scrapbanking: scrap.tf scrapbank.me
Betting: saloon.tf
Skins: p337.info/tfview/

>Competitive
Basics: playcomp.tf
Comp Wiki: comp.tf
Lobbies: tf2center.com/lobbies
Scripting: pastebin.com/1VmngMfJ pastebin.com/H3WfKLaB
TF2 streams: teamfortress.tv
UGC (Global): ugcleague.com
ESEA (NA/EU): play.esea.net
ETF2L (EU): etf2l.org
AusFortress (AUS): ozfortress.com
AsiaFortress (Asia): asiafortress.com
FBTF (Brazil): teamfortress.com.br/forum/

>IRC
irc://irc.rizon.net/tf2g
pastebin.com/9S37Kk0W

>/tf2g/s looking to party queue
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15-e-Sut2sj954Cjm8aGzXMaN4dSSop7xgiyp9DCdOK8/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/S4QZuDX8
pastebin.com/WLHXpbxe
tf2center.com/lobbies/748845
youtube.com/watch?v=5rVhUdCYA1w
wpc.1765A.taucdn.net/801765A/video/uploads/videos/f652eefb-5cb0-430f-bd8c-61d6e7080de9/index.m3u8
hlsplayer.net/
steamcommunity.com/id/FriendzoningMisandrist/
youtube.com/watch?v=J6LlRjblCuI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

rate my anime scout

ok

that was really nice
i dont deserve this

who is missing from this list

pastebin.com/S4QZuDX8

I am

so am i

me too

pastebin.com/WLHXpbxe
>26dollar: internet relationships alone are gay as fuck

>posting DMs
literal scum

who cares

Tell me /tf2g/, why don't YOU have a horde of Dueling minigames in your inventory?
>$0.04 for 5 uses
>Get to humiliate bottomfraggers
>Announce to the whole server you are, undoubtedly, a topfragger
>True topfraggers get 10 uses for $0.04, twice the value!
>Free drops just for being a topfragger
>Gives you an exclusive topfragger badge
>Exclusive hat for the best topfraggers
With Dueling Minigames, there's never a dull moment!

because im not a tryhard like you

dude dont just copy paste your stuff
that's boring

because I'd rather spend that scrap to make refined for silly hats.

Post weapons only you think are good.

I'll start:

>The Scottish Resistance

>The Third Degree

who are you quoting thoughhhh

myself

>mfw playing cs with RL friends
>mfw its the worst gaming experience i have in weeks
why do people take this game so seriously

tf2center.com/lobbies/748845

I think Scottish is good too and I assume Valve will nerf Quickie sooner or later.

why do scouts basher themselves at the beginning of mm every time like you need to build when everyone is rolling out

Amputator

is quickiebomb a good sidegrade?
i think its pretty alright where it is now, being able to set up traps from a long distance, but not being good for direct combat
though i do find the charge rate a bit too fast, 75% faster is ridiculous

scout is the best class in the whole of the tf2 universe if you don't agree you're dad is gay

which dad ?

that was funny

the masculine one

had a giggle. I like you, user

haha! you win an internet cookie, good sir!

xd

*jump from a high counter*

I'M GAY

*proceeds to laugh*

im happy people like my posts finally

Shut the fuck up.

not funny anymore

>language is spiccish

move to a first world country

oh wait you can't because of the wall

Hey, that loadout is pretty good.

The Great Wall of China?

overwatch is dumbed down tf2 and tf2 is dumbed down quake

well, china doesn't have any shit skin Mexicans, maybe trump is on to something

i swear if quake champions is going to be a dumbed down version of overwatch im quitting videogames

Well what wall? Not the Berlin wall, that went down almost 30 years ago

Which wall? There are none

I didn't realize I was browsing /pol/.

im not from shitmerica
dont plan on moving to the garbage continent anytime soon

post all class loadouts

no don't

Any improvements I should make?

yeah but dumbing down quake a bit to make it more accessible to a larger audience was a good idea and worked out well for TF2. Bunnyhopping isn't exactly an intuitive mechanic, and to be honest I don't see how performing it is superior in terms of fun to just having faster base movement speeds.

I'm happy with TF2's position inbetween retard OW and skillful Quake.

We still have a higher skill ceiling (reward for skilled players and exciting potential) than OW does, but a lower skill floor (a barrier to entry and thus new players) than Quake.

>using the same effect on multiple classes

delete myloadouts.png from your computer

please do not try to fill the void with drama thank you

>drama
LETS GET RIGHT INTO THE NEWS

>I'm happy with TF2's position inbetween retard OW and skillful Quake.

That's exactly the problem that will prevent this game from being fixed ever. You can't fix tf2 and make it fully competitive unless you fundamentally change the offclasses into something entirely different. Hear me out.

6s is basically quake with loadouts and objectives. Soldier, demo, and scout all have very quake-esque gameplay or 'DM'. Pyro, heavy, engineer, and to some extent the spy all have very little DM elements to them. The heavy moves too slowly to really dodge damage (a fundamental aspect of quake gameplay) and his minigun is super easy to do massive damage with (doesn't have to really aim, a fundamental aspect of quake gameplay).

The offclasses are closer to overwatch than quake in terms of gameplay, and the power classes are closer to quake. So if you 'fix' the offclasses and make them more DM-reliant, then they won't play out anywhere near like they used to, and that would piss off the people who play that class.

The engineer takes a ton of time and protection to set up a nest. But when he sets it up, it's like a fortress that slows the game down. The engineer is not nearly as reliant on movement or aiming as the powerclasses. If we wanted to make the engi viable for 6s, you would have to basically halve the build time, health, and damage of his buildings, and give him something like +50 health. He could use his buildings for tactics, but would (and could) get in the faces of his enemy, using his shotgun to out-DM them like a slow scout but with +50 health and buildings.

The problem is, the engineer """mains""" wouldn't like that, and it would be so different that they would hate it at that point. Same thing with heavy, make him faster, require aim, but have less health and the heavy """mains""" would lose their shit.

post your american men
>inb4 generic as fuck

why do you people insist on creating the worst loadouts possible
I mean your cosmetics are fine, but ditch the rocket launcher and shotgun. It looks like complete shit and just makes you an eye sore

keep with the color scheme nigger

if you know how shit it is, why do you use it?

>engineer """mains""" wouldn't like that

>valve added a weapon that makes the Engineer's sentry gun have less health and DPS but increased Engineer's health
>every Engineer uses it so they can finally compete as a DM class
>every other class whines until it gets nerfed

>valve added a weapon that let Heavy play more re-actively at the cost of DPS
>every Heavy main uses it so they can finally play aggressively vs. faster classes
>every other class whines until it gets nerfed

the problem is that comp players are so resistant to change, we'll never see any fixes to balance because it goes against what they know how to fight

It was all good and cozy until
>Heavy
>(doesn't have to really aim, a fundamental aspect of quake gameplay).
>not aiming in quake
>a fundamental aspect
Do you even have stable plasmagun, lightning gun or rocket accuracy in Quake to type this bullshit?

I think it's at least worth being brought up. Something like a nerf to the gunslinger's minisentry, but making it give you +50 health instead of +25 would do wonders for the class, as well as giving engineer a +25 health buff overall.

Basically engi would be a soldier with a minisentry/tele/dispenser instead of a rocket launcher, which is fine imo

fuck!

Panic attack

if you honestly think the minigun is difficult to aim? Maybe for scouts trying to jump over your head, but a rocket launcher is waaay harder to shoot at a scout jumping over your head than a minigun

I thought you left /tf2g/ FUNKe

user you responded to here
>So if you 'fix' the offclasses and make them more DM-reliant, then they won't play out anywhere near like they used to, and that would piss off the people who play that class.
Easily solved by just giving said classes different unlocks/tweaking their existing unlocks. The pub class mains are happy because they get more playstyles, the competitive players are happy because of a higher skill ceiling for said class, everyone wins.

Except for Pyro, I think it could do with its primary fire on stock to be more similar to the Lightning Gun (more range less width), making the class more difficult to play, but more powerful in the hands of a skilled player. I don't think too many skilled Pyro mains would complain a higher skill ceiling on their primary fire.

youtube.com/watch?v=5rVhUdCYA1w

>The problem is, the engineer """mains""" wouldn't like that

>and the heavy """mains""" would lose their shit

no need to be so derogatory user, not everybody wants to play scout/soldier/demo. TF2's different classes provide different experiences to cater to a wide range of tastes, and this is one of the reasons why the TF mod took off so largely from Quake in the first place. Elitism and divisive behaviour won't help TF2 grow as a competitive game.

fuck off (you) attention whore

>if you honestly think the minigun is difficult to aim?
They're not entirely hard to aim with, but 90% of the people who blabber this, generally can't aim straight with Miniguns. When asked they only seen Heavy mains making it rain.
I'd rather not compare them two weapons because I know how hard it is to keep a good accuracy at medium-long distance. Still, RL have blast jump and height advantage at open areas and great mobility.
For Heavy, you're alone and at disadvantage unless you have a Medic up yer butt. Even with that, you can't still do anything noticeable to airborne targets that are too close at all.

>B-hopping isn't an intuitive mechanic

for retards maybe it isn't, but I picked up on it rather quickly

So, that Scout VS Tracer battle happened...
Paste this into link:

wpc.1765A.taucdn.net/801765A/video/uploads/videos/f652eefb-5cb0-430f-bd8c-61d6e7080de9/index.m3u8

into here:

hlsplayer.net/

So, did the results surprise anyone?

GOD BLESS AMERICA

will valve ever fix the glitch where the mistaken movember is invisible?

{spoiler]will valve fix anything[/spoiler]

I mean, like, it's in no way obvious to a player that jumping while moving the mouse in a certain way will increase your speed.

It has to be explicitly explained and learned from third-party sources. There are no visual cues that tell you "I can do this to make myself go faster", and it doesn't make any kind of natural logical real world sense to a new player.

Once know as defensive horse

this is some fnaf-tier autism
why did you link this here

Overwatch got stuck with it. I was just trying to be fair.
Unlike this video.

the pyro should get a plasma gun, not a lightning gun.

Shooting out multiple projectiles would do a lot to fix the bugginess of the flamethrower, and you could have the projectiles disappear

The heavy should get a pseudo-lightning gun that decreases in accuracy for his minigun. Increase the DM capability, you know?

except the minigun would slow him down, so a lightning gun isn't exactly the same as a minigun

>You can't fix tf2 and make it fully competitive unless you fundamentally change the offclasses into something entirely different. Hear me out.
Sniper is legitimately the only truly intolerable class in TF2. It's not a matter of finding some magical "skill" threshold between two games (especially considering how Overwatch wasn't even a concept when TF2 was well into its player-established comp phase), it's a matter of making everything work in line with the primary combat fundamentals of TF2: get in close and put yourself at risk to deal damage.

Within the context of 6s:
- Heavies are focused into oblivion very quickly, but if there are attacking team misplays or the heavy player just knows where to be and what to do while being supported by the defending team, a post-last-push/post-uber fight heavy presence can be enough to secure the defenders' last.

- Engineer sentries are relatively fragile, they do typically need to operate in relatively exposed positions for maximum area coverage effect, and the engy really does need to be in a risky position to consistently repair it. Given the time investment, having a level 3 prepared on last in order to defend a push is a relatively heads-up play despite how much it can slow down a game. Moreover, when the sentry dies (which is expected), that engy now swaps back onto Scout/Roamer and needs to perform as such in the attacking team's post-uber.

- Spy needs to melee in order to be at optimal effectiveness. Even though the class provides an invisibility gimmick, surmounting the risk/reward is a legitimate commitment on part of the operator.

- Pyro is primarily a sac used to stuff ubers rather than serve as a true last-defense class like a heavy or a stock option. It's more or less a side-grade to Engineer except that the pyro player can remain on the field to some effectiveness if he lives into the post-uber (somewhat like the Heavy).

There is zero danger or commitment to Sniper.

>no raffles

Why is neo tf2g so awful?

hey guys, i didnt see any posts saying this so daily reminder
TF2 IS DEAD XD

Let me explain

When not shooting, the accuracy increases. The spread grows when firing, it shrinks when not firing. When you stop spinning the minigun, the enemy knows you aren't shooting to get a better position or conserve health. But if you stay revved up, you're putting yourself at risk to take more damage and stay in the same position, but you are able to fire sooner.

Each time you fire the minigun, it becomes less effective at range, which will reward heavies who smartly use their minigun. A lot of DM potential.

so basically everyone can just stop shooting every 3 seconds while remaining revved up to conserve accuracy?
sound pretty broken imo

What's to stop people from tapping?

not shooting for 3 seconds just to be a little more accurate than the current minigun isn't exactly a good move.

And if the damage is too absurd, it can be decreased. It's the priniciple that counts

still though, if you think not shooting for 3 seconds during a big fight is a massive downside

the accuracy decreases faster than it increases. For example, it takes 2 seconds of not shooting to cancel out 1 second of shooting

and it should reward good tapping, on who to tap, when to tap, and how long to tap

steamcommunity.com/id/FriendzoningMisandrist/

lets play

A big problem with this though is that the power classes have mobility. Each of them have some method of getting across the map with extreme speed.

And how would you fix sniper? make his headshots do 125 damage far, 250 close? I would actually like that a lot, and make heavy a 250 health class

;_;

youtube.com/watch?v=J6LlRjblCuI

I would honestly outright remove it from the game. Headshot damage reduction is a possibility, but it would have to be honestly somewhere around 100-110--and even that would be pretty bullshit. Every class at sniper range deals chip damage, so it's easy for Team A to gain ground if nobody on Team B is going to commit to a counter-push or hold. Inflicting a random 100-125 damage on someone who is getting ready to make a move forward is automatically going to take that person out of the fight. Even at a full buff, there's no way a class is going to feel comfortable taking a fight if they lose a random 100-125 right off the bat for literally no fucking reason aside from walking down a sightline that otherwise would yield maybe 30-60 spam damage in a bad spot. After taking chip damage, 100-125 can even be lethal. There's no justification for it.

Giving sniper actual fall-off would be not a bad idea--certainly better than nothing--but I think ultimately it should just give a 4-clip medic crossbow. Honestly, people don't respect the damage that weapon can inflict at long ranges. If there was a medic with a 4-clip crossbow running around the field with no responsibilities other than dealing damage and filling chokes with 70-damage projectiles, it would be a very powerful class given its distance from the fight. However, because it's a projectile, enemies can still at least play chicken with the sniper that way.

>power classes have mobility
They still move slow as fuck compared to Quake which, by the way, featured a rail gun that wasn't necessarily guaranteed to instantly kill someone with a single shot.

Tea eff too:
>Pyro
Buff Backburner (slightly) and Detonator
>Heavy
Buff Tomislav
>Engineer
Buff Gunslinger and give it a new dispenser/teleporter to compliment it
>Sniper
Nerf DDS and make him extra papery so he's still at-risk when holding from spawn doors
>Spy
I dunno make him run at Medic speed and give him a watch that lets him press m2 to get away from anything oh wait

it really does feel like the last insomnia for tf2

Smart-ass Q3A player here.
>plasma gun
Fast beater misille weapon. Have range but shit at long range besides suppression fire. Devastating at medium-short range if you know how follow, engage and lead the shot.
>lightning gun
Beam type; cousin with hitscans but connects even faster but lacks range. Goes spaghetti with small twitches if you're pinned or not moving.

Are you really sure that you wanna give Pyro, a Plasma Gun? Because Flamethrower works like PG, but with short range already, getting LG would be an upgrade.

>minisentry has no build time
>-1 damage per shot
>no longer knocks back
>fully healed when picked up

yes/no

how do you convince a spy and a sniper to switch classes on mvm?

>>minisentry has no build time
>>fully healed when picked up
why this

Votekick the Spy because he's an idiot

Play a round with the Sniper and if he doesn't have LMAObox installed votekick him because he's an idiot.