RX7 FB

What's the best way to make more power out of a 12a? I'm looking at one for a first car, since I don't need anything really reliable since I'm still in school and I'd prefer something fun.
The reason I'm looking at an FB over an FC is because it's cheaper and lighter. I know that the 13b is much better overall than the 12a, but I don't really care.
Since a stock 12a only makes about 100bhp, what are some of the best ways to gain more power from it? I know that a street port, an exhaust and an intake manifold are a good way to get some gains, but I'm not sure how much.
I'm mainly looking to use the RX7 as a daily driver and a drift car, but not competitively or anything.
I'm looking mainly for about 150whp. Would I be able to achieve that with
>RB Full Exhaust
>RB Intake Manifold
>Mild-Big Street Port
>Maybe a new Carb
What else can I do

Other urls found in this thread:

orlando.craigslist.org/cto/5667966498.html
ebay.com/itm/86-88-MAZDA-RX-7-FC-1-3L-TURBO-II-ROTARY-S4-ENGINE-5-SPEED-TRANS-JDM-13B-/191913368752?hash=item2caeed9cb0:g:IngAAOSwGIRXcZJU&vxp=mtr
ebay.com/itm/89-92-MAZDA-RX7-FC3S-TURBO-II-S5-ENGINE-MANUAL-TRANS-WIRING-ECU-JDM-13B-13BT-/201588937559?hash=item2eefa31357:g:MWMAAOSwU1FXQK6P&vxp=mtr
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Honestly I'd leave it stock. My first car was 35 years old and had a total of 65hp and it was fun as fuck because you could drive it really hard and never particularly be breaking the road rules.

It's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow, and, 150hp isn't really enough power to justify spending the money that the modifications would require. 150hp wouldn't make it a 'fast' car, so you'd still be driving a slow car despite having spent 10k in modifications.

>12a makes 100hp

Made 100hp when brand new. At a guess, unless it has been really well maintained, ~85hp would be more what you can expect out of a car that old.

Swap in a turbo 13b

just chuck a cam in it

I just kind of thought a $50 porting diagram from pineapple racing would be able to get me up to ~150hp if I did it myself. The exhaust and such were just supporting mods.
If I had the money for that I'd buy a TII FC

What about a 13b FB? I found one for $2900 near me that looks nice. I could turbo it myself because that seems more fun than an engine swap. orlando.craigslist.org/cto/5667966498.html

How can you buy a racing beat exhaust, intake, and new carb, but not ~$2000 for an engine?

Tell me where I can find a 13B-T for 2000 and I'll believe you. I've never seen one for under 4k

ebay.com/itm/86-88-MAZDA-RX-7-FC-1-3L-TURBO-II-ROTARY-S4-ENGINE-5-SPEED-TRANS-JDM-13B-/191913368752?hash=item2caeed9cb0:g:IngAAOSwGIRXcZJU&vxp=mtr

ebay.com/itm/89-92-MAZDA-RX7-FC3S-TURBO-II-S5-ENGINE-MANUAL-TRANS-WIRING-ECU-JDM-13B-13BT-/201588937559?hash=item2eefa31357:g:MWMAAOSwU1FXQK6P&vxp=mtr

All of them on ebay are under 4k, even for twin turbo fd engines

Stop looking on Ebay?

Seriously, go to rx7club and register. The for sale section is full of parts and engines.

As far as intake/exhaust/porting done to a 12a, if you want a big streetport, 150whp is very attainable.

Pic related, my car.

Looks clean, have you done anything to it?

6 port 13b+intake, exhaust, ignition+gsl-se sump+engine mounts
Making power with 12a is more work than its worth, especially if you need to source new housing or rotors

Swap a 13b in it. Don't waste your money.

P-Port it until it blows, then swap a turbo 13b

SAVANNAH FB AS A FIRST CAR TO SOMEONE POOR AND DUMB

ls swap it

fucking kill yourself

after i kill ur slowtary with my ls

winklebrofinnly?

My new ride.

Peripheral port it.