/rlg/ - Roguelike General

>Tummy is ok by me
-quote from god of purity

DCSS Trunk Updates
crawl.develz.org/wordpress/trunk-updates-2-september-2016

Roguenex.us is down due to a security leak until further notice.

>Shared DCSS online account.
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on CXC).
Remember, it's not fun if you didn't splat hard!

FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/SgMJ7Xwh

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

crawl.berotato.org:8080/#watch-rlgrobin
github.com/crawl/crawl-ancient
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tummy

When should I start training Necromancy for my SpEn of Gozag? I recently did my first 3 rune with a FoFi and now I wanna go for more runes. I would've done kiku, but I found a book store on d:6 with every necromancy spell I would ever want, so I figured I might as well just go Gozag instead so I can afford the books sooner and also get all the other benefits.

Also is Darkness worth the spell levels?

>Is having less shit in my LoS when the postgame consists of shit that kills you by being in LoS worth it?

>I literally can't answer a question without being a cunt about it
>I literally can't stop sucking dicks
-you

Braise Zin and his holy trips.

Darkness is pretty good, but its annoying as fuck to use. Necromancy is always good to pickup. At the very least, you can pickup regen..

How in the fuck do you read the json files for cataclysm dda?

I just want to know what buildings a specific gun spawns in

Just grep the gun's ID in the mapgen jsons.

>gozag
>necromancy
but why

>why would i ever go kiku when yred does the same thing

muh zombies

I thought that was the natural course of things with SpEn. What are you supposed to do when hexes stop working?

run away from everything and ninja runes/the orb

Other stuff. Losing out of simulacrum is big game, but it isn't as bad as the other guy makes it out. You still have access to d-chan and haunt, which are big game.

The issue he's bringing up, I think, is that Gozag turns corpses to gold, while Necromancy (mostly) turns corpses into combat power. You can't have both.

necromancy with notgozag is okay

but necromancy with no corpses is kind of missing the point

u wot m8

Amazing. For some reason I didn't even think of the fact that I had no corpses. L o l

I fucking hate the idea behind simulacrum so much.
>best offensive necromancy spell is just snowmen
>they dissipate on their own after a while
>same for regular zombies/skellies that are almost not even worth using
I mean, holy shit, Yred might be worse cause even with no piety restrictions he's still meh in extended, but at least he provides a pleasurable necromancer experience.

the point i was bringing up is that this is such a small part of necromancy's power as to be irrelevant

necromancy is a support school

*stabs in soul*
I SAID BACK THE FUCK OFF?!

Is there any unofficial update on DoomRL? I hate how it's been completely abandoned in favor of that shitty Alien Breed wannabe.

Gotta get a grep.

>that moment when your unixbeard is so long and unkempt that your discussions read like gibberish

user they posted a new website for jupiter hell not too long ago with screenshots and everything.

*prays to zin and turns you into a pillar of salt* pshh... nothing personnel... kid

I downloaded grepWin but I can't figure out how to use it apparently

In your pic you searched for 9mm and found pizza parlor? what does that even mean

>how necromancy should be
>good luck i'm behind 7000 skeletons + corpse explosion

>how necromancy is in crawl
>dude interesting and tactical lmao

I've seen it, doesn't look like anything special from the screenshots. Would rather have new content for DoomRL.

the phrase "9mm" is in mapgen/pizza_parlor.json

meaning it spawns in pizza parlors

Well, considering that the devs have moved on to making a new title, you might want to hope for something more realistic.

No idea how grepWin works, you'd have to read the manual. It probably works the same as grep, but I cba to explain CLI folder navigation.
If you want I can search a few guns and post my scrollback to a pastebin.
Basically this

So the only place that spawns 9mm bullets is pizza parlor? that doesn't seem right

crawl necro is more interesting than undead spam (which is why nobody plays yred)

Undead that didn't time out was fucking busted. Have you ever played with them when they didn't?

A lot of places spawn item groups, for example, the "house" itemgroup (can't recall ID, its the normal chance for gun spawn in a house) includes pistols and rarely SMGs Shotguns and rifles iirc.

How do I evangelize with Zin properly?

Already pumping invocations.

make sure your dude is relatively buff so you don't get martyred

Flesh golem/body horror necromancers are more interesting thematically. Skeletons have been done /to death/.

I still do.

I just want to know where m14 ebr spawns because I've been looking for it for two in games years

I'm too dumb to navigate the source code and do computer stuff

I don't deserve it

I mean real zombos for when you have a real god.

>tfw no twisted ressurection spell available to players

Gun basements and gun stores.

Also note that it's quite rare in its item group (which is also fairly large).
Number is the relative weight (likeliness to spawn, lower numbers are lower chances).

I feel like a faggot for not figuring out how to do it myself, thanks for helping me out user

dead thread

someone play something dumb on rlgrobin

do a DECK of nemelex

wew

grat

challenge accepted
starting shortly at cxc

goddamnit user

>Xom slaps you in the face with two fire vortexes!

praise xom

No problem, user.
I feel like they should also spawn at military bases, but it doesn't seem to list them in the military itemgroups.

Well in yred's defense, with kiku you could just spam delivery and go nutballs.

People thought that was somehow OK in older versions. I really don't understand how they could want that back in the game, atleast from a power level perspective. It was fun as hell, but damn if it wasn't cheesy.

there were far worse issues like filling your entire fucking screen with dragons

Haha yeah. When your zot:5 strategy is to find a teleport trap so that you can feed infinite dragons into it, you know something is wrong.

Does anyone know anything about this? I know that the wiki is bad, but this page is absolutely terrible. I don't know when it was removed, if it was Transmutations or Translocations, how useful it was, or even if it actually existed. learndb says nothing about it.

It was tloc, pretty gud for the school.

When was it removed? Was it a superior Magic Dart? A weaker Airstrike? I know a level 1 spell can't be expected to be great, but it seems like the kind of spell I wish Translocations still had, and I might want to play the version it existed in.

Death channel and infestation still work.

>When was it removed?
In like 0.1.

apportation is pretty great

What the fuck is wrong with that? That sounds really fun and clever. I guess stuff like that is too nethacky, I have no idea why someone would be so assblasted about interesting features that they'd go out of their way to remove them.

sad and/or mad

it's stupidly overpowered, taking zero risk, and doesn't fit the game ("nethacky" is a good way to describe it)

Because when we say entire screen of dragons, we meant entire screen. You'd be sitting there in lich form just spamming channel durrgin for free and essentially allahu ackbar the entire floor with 200 dragons. Two. Hundred.

thats just bullshit, straight up blasting you to pieces...

I just grabbed a bat and put it outside
what roguelike should i play to celebrate

It can only happen to low HP characters early in the game. You only lost 5 minutes.
Caves of Qud

Sil.
Never pick up light sources.
Use echolocation (Song of Trees) to navigate.

It sounds fun, but its actually fucking maddening. You spend a few THOUSAND turns alternating channel, summon dragon, and yelling at your dragons to walk into the traps so that they can teleport around and fight stuff. You do this for EVERY FLOOR. Every level of pan, every level of hell. You aren't ever in danger, but you'd probably go mad before you won. I feel like perma zombies were a bigger issue, but they were both really dumb.

Starting an rlgrobin game on cbro now. Taking votes on what combo to play.

MuMo

crawl.berotato.org:8080/#watch-rlgrobin

I'll MuMo but I will not do the challenge. Anyone else?

FeAr HOMo KoCK DECK

DCSS

that's four things, fucko

FeAr MiNe HOMo KoCK

play dcss and do the makhbat challenge: VpMo, worship Makhleb ASAP, as soon as you have lesser destruction never leave batform

do a VM of Uskayaw

pound the tum tum!

It's not like you'll be alive long enough to take even an hour to do them all.

Too late, I'm doing FeFe. Am surviving d:1 so far, despite adder.

just wait until you run into a subtractor

Too bad the dividers got removed.
>You hear a squelching noise!

and then they decided multipliers were too nethacky

rip

On d:5, xl7, have TWO RINGS OF FIRE (!!!!!!!)

Worshipping Ru now! FeFe^Ru ACTIVATE

>not dith

>not qazlel

Okay, I can't find a file for Linley's Crawl. dungeoncrawl.org is broken/doesn't load properly even when I edit the links into the address bar
crawlj doesn't allow me to download either: "you do not have permission to access this page".
DCSS archives only date back to ~.5

Anyone happen to have it?

>not FeFe^Fe(dhas)

Just did a goog, not sure what this crap is:
github.com/crawl/crawl-ancient