What are common problems?

Gunna end up buying a Hyundai Tiburon tomorrow. What are some hardships to be expected?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4MKIiNLndKM
shreveport.craigslist.org/cto/5626043183.html
shreveport.craigslist.org/cto/5664590352.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

being seen in a pile of korean garbage.

Mostly this.

No idea why people fall for the korea meme when you can buy cheap shitbox cars from other countries.

Because the car drove rather well and Hyundai isn't shit tier anymore? I asked for common problems like shit that is hard to maintain ie jap trash sparkplug placement. All cars are getting to be pretty equal in reliability.

Nice taste OP. I dig these cars.

Stock clutch were a little weak from what I've read.

Recently got a used 2006 Hyundai.
Timing belt needed to be replaced.
Otherwise been great and super easy to do my own maintenance.

>Hyundai isn't shit tier anymore
Irrelevant if you're looking at something before they aspired to be more than Korean shitboxes. It looks fast but isn't. Take the 4cyl over the V6 if you want to boost it.

Popular because it looks like a sports car. There's a fair bit of aftermarket support for them and communities around these things.

Clutch release is high (normal?) And is timing a bitch or is it run of the mill?

They aspired in the 90s and this one is an '08 so I'm pretty safe. And it is a 4cyl so there's that but I'm a purist so it stays stock.

Lol Hyundai stepped up to the plate early 2000s I think you're good op.

Tiburon is still shit tier hyundai

Just go get in your honda with one working gear and slowly bumble away.

youtu.be/4MKIiNLndKM
Timing belt replacement vid.

Hyundai dissenters are so cringe worthy

It's a run of the mill decently reliable car. It'll get you from A to B.

why did you use a picture for ants op?

O.o

Family's had a 2009 Hyundai since it was new, it's been good the whole time, though the battery drains quick from all the short city driving - as it would in most cars.

How many miles on it now??

60 or 70k I think, haven't driven it much myself.

Almost bought a new Hyundai buddy. But the Tiburon is still old school shitty Hyundai complete with tinker bell door chime and abysmal interior

I'm sure your $100k Mercedes has a great interior.

They actually aren't that nice.
Source: mom's e550

Didn't realize you were so personally invested in Hyundai that one person's criticism of which would set you off. If you must know, I own a MK3 Focus, which is far from luxurious, but its interior is light-years ahead of this monstrosity

Not him but what's wrong with basic? The world of spaceships are horrendous and impractical. Plus you pronounced fuckus wrong.

If somebody is buying a used Hyundai, they are obviously running on a minuscule budget and are hopefully pragmatic enough to not give a single shit about interior trim or how a slightly less poor fag will shitpost about it on a Cambodian Charioteering BBS.

If the tiburon had any redeeming qualities then I wouldn't give two fucks about the shit-tier interior. But if you want a basic car just buy a fucking Civic instead of trying to pretend you have a sports car

Okay, here is the set up, low miles, stick, and a good history. And guess who has never won this award........ CIVIC *confetti* now fuck off.

ah, didn't realize you were OP. So sorry I couldn't validate your poor decision. All the best to you and your incredible new award-winning vehicle!

Dude, I've drove 400 miles and couldn't find a car that was 2008+ with a stick for under $12,000. A Hyundai for $5,000 isn't the worst I've delt with.

Legitimately sorry to hear that. Always want people to buy good cars they love, which is why I posted in the first place. Given the circumstances it's understandable

In Shreveport La. Every car I looked at got sold three days ago. The Hyundai got put up yesterday so I was spared one car in a 75 mile radius.

ITT: butthurt weebs

go back to beating-off to Initial D

My dad drives an 03 sonata as a daily. He brought it new and rarely does any matentince on it. It has 180k miles on it, and weve had to replace a belt and the radiator, but i think itll last until 230k+.

I think you'll be happy with it op.
A lot of car for a good price. I just hope it wasn't mistreated or anything.

That's bad ass. Hyundai build quality confirmation.

How about a Cruze OP?
shreveport.craigslist.org/cto/5626043183.html

Or if you feel like spending one tibruon a year in maintenance--a beauty of a 540i
shreveport.craigslist.org/cto/5664590352.html

>cruze
Jesus

Cruze is nice but not a fan of spaceships if I can avoid. And the bmw is outside of my year range.

Enjoy being forever alone LMAO

>weebs
So this is what they call inferiority complex huh

butthurt phaggot/weeb spotted

Forever alone with a gf is pretty ok.

lol kay, i don't think anyone mention any jap shits in this thread and you're already accused them being weeb. Inferiority complex much?

>gf
>Hyundai
>tiburon

Always liked how these looked.

Would never own one though.

>Inferior
Like your nipboxes?

Pro-tip; putting Momo rims on your '00 Civic does not change the fact that it is shit, phaggot/weebcuck.

>Driving shitty poorfag korean crap sport wannabe

I've seen her drive bigger trucks than you've fucked so shut it.

Damn, that radiation is messing with your head, Kenji.

Why so angry? not getting over comfort women yet, user?

t. park hyeong seok

More like driving a car that suits most as I only need 0-75 in under 15s

Hey thank, Kenji sound badass

What next? showing us your driver license and id card?

Aww, se baby upset a princess can haul a fifth wheel but you can't? Comeback after you've got a hair or two.

Oh i meet your girl last week in a bar. She pretty good if you know what i mean ;)

19? Splain.

Why would I be mad? If anything, I sympathize with Japanese men. If I were in their shoes I would feel forced to rape to foreign women as well.

hey there Daniel

>korean shitboxes thread to /b/ and /pol/ thread

Is Daniel a derogatory term?

Bring your Honda's with you when you leave.

Hi gooks in this thread, please post some slutty kpoop shits. I want to jerk off

JJIOBAKURA
Am i saying it right?

>Some
Just nee to post one plasti-dipped chingynip, all rook same after jpop fame.

Hey at least it's better than the other "korean moter general" kek

I said gook nor nip shit

Better than Korean men who can't rape anything at all

Same thing, but the plasti-dipped quip is actually more fact than funny, hunny.

That racist

Just fact.
Kpop idols basically all slather on makeup or surgeons to rook same as rother koreran.

Well everyone know it except koreaboo

>tfw my cousin does part sales or some shit at Hyundai
>retards buy tiburons
>most need full engine replacements at 100k~
>really unreliable cars
>kek whenever I see someone in a Hyundai

Crippling depression, endless mockery. Other than that you should be fine.

i had an 07 gt v6 and it was really nose heavy

If you knew anything about this car you'd know that the transmission usually goes out first.

Plenty of people on Edmund's getting 150k miles on this thing OP.

Did you buy the car OP?????

You're right, I don't really know too much about them, but my cousin constantly sends me snaps of him ripping the owners off installing water pumps and timing belts when the car won't even start

So your cousin sounds like a dick.

I don't really fucking care. Don't talk shit you don't know.

????

I think Hyundais have been pretty solid cars now for 15+ years now. It's just that until more recently, they were so cheap that most were owned by poor ghettards who didn't take care of them. The trick is finding a used one that was cared for.

Was going to until I found a dealer with a mini cooper. Going to test the cooper and then buy one of the two. And people act like water pumps and timing belts are a bitch. Unless it's a rebuild then it's fine. And the car was drove by a girl who took care of it apparently because at 86,000mi, the clutch is nice and the engine has no audible issues. The only red flag on the car's record is that all 2008 Tiburon's needed the passenger window switch replaced which this one did. All in all, it's a sound car that gets good MPGs along with being comfy.

Got it!