/vn/ - Spooky Edition

Visual Novel General #1185
READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk/

Previous threads:
This general is for the discussion of Japanese visual novels. All genres are welcome.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

iwakuraproductions.wordpress.com/2015/09/29/the-fateextra-ccc-translation-project/
kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/chronoclock-limited-edition-box-set-and-exclusive
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

rate

Detective Masochist upload where?

Pretty silly, the bias is stupid high, with gay stuff being low tier just because the creator is a dude himself.

Just play Ikikoi.

>NBR that high
And you're too hard on the gay shit, but whatever.

Not enough twincest vns btw

I already have.

Is Dracu Riot any good?

I'd move BR Mother/Son to god tier, but otherwise I agree completely.

Did you just play it once?

No, of course not. I have read it multiple times.

This is a pretty spooking OP.

Are there people who come to this general that haven't played every single route in ikikoi?

I hope not.

I imagine most have already completed their thesis paper on Ikikoi as well.

I haven't played Ikikoi at all because the art looks too weird to me.

>I imagine most have already completed their thesis paper on Ikikoi as well.

My 300-page work on second-generation inbreeding involving cherished imoutos has been distributed far and wide in the academic world. In fact, I just received tenure the other day.

Looks like we have some faggot here.

>/jp/ is making fun of us again

I'm serious, there's just something off about it. Like their necks are too long and the proportions are too thin and their hair is too pointy and stuff like that.

Where did Ikikoi keep the savegame?
Finished all the routes and would like to backup the save before uninstalling

Your god-tier is very accurate.

I can't wait for Tsui Yuri.

How low are the odds for there ever being an actual decent english translation of F/SN?

lmao

lol

The one we have is alright though

Why would you even consider such a thing?

On that note, I've been nursing the idea of translating Cross Channel for the third time, just as a meme. It'd be the only VN with three separate translations as far as I know.

nothing will ever top the george henry shaft translation

If you actually do it at least try to do a good job.

No way. It's impossible to translate Cross Channel well without being Shakespeare-level, Romeo is too good.

Shakespeare wrote in the common language of his day.

>Romeo
>good
Take it easy with the shitposting.

Two words: Iambic pentameter. Shakespeare used it often.

Does Romeo use it though?

There isn't a word or phrase to properly explain what Romeo does. We can only call it literary magic...

No, but the talent it took Shakespeare to write in iambic pentameter is equivalent to the talent necessary to translate Romeo's text into English.

How did you calculate this equivalency? Do you think you can do a thorough run-down for me with appropriate comparisons?

So entire doable then.

Let's make /vn/ a Yuritopia!

Sorry, but in order to understand you'd have to be fluent in Japanese and have enough literary knowledge to know what iambic pentameter is.
Sure, I said Shakespeare-level, not "impossible dream God of the English tongue"-level. I'm not Shakespeare, though.

Yuri is fucking boring. There's no excitement if there isn't a massive cock ramming down the girl.

>Sorry, but in order to understand you'd have to be fluent in Japanese and have enough literary knowledge to know what iambic pentameter is.
I fulfill both of these requirements. I'm eagerly awaiting your analysis, senpai.

Of course, I expect comparisons utilizing at least 5+ works from both writers.

>guy named Romeo is purported to write on the level of Shakespeare

Who's the Juliet here?

I thought you were talking about Romeo the fictional character

why are you pretending that iambic pentameter is complex. it's high school level knowledge.

Sounding kind of gay there senpai.

>Who's the Juliet here?
Quof because he can't stop sucking Romeo's dick

>going to high school
lmao

Shigeo
What a shame, I've only read Saihate no Ima, Cross Channel, Jintai, and Rewrite. Maybe someday.
I was mainly reference that said that he wrote in the common language of his day, which is obviously false because he wrote in iambic pentameter (usually, and among other things). Thus, by saying "it's high school level knowledge", you just insult our dear friend.

oh, ok

Iambic pentameter and common language are not mutually exclusive, one involves rhythm and the other words and phrases.

Was Flowers good?

Sometimes you have to read in between the lines. He made that statement in response to me saying a "writer of Shakespeare's level". Thus, the implication of "he wrote in common language" is that Shakespeare was not of particularly high level. However, writing so consistently in iambic pentameter (among other things) shows that he is a high-level author.

Tell me about visual novels with big black cocks in them, user.

I K I K O I
K
I
K
O
I

It's alright. Play it for the yuri. The mysteries aren't very interesting. Also ends on a cliffhanger.

It's gonna happen eventually, these VN localization companies won't pass up the chance to make the big bucks with F/SN. Conjueror has also expressed interest in giving it a proper translation so he would likely be the one to handle it.

>Was Flowers good?
I liked it. Top tier yuri and all the characters were enjoyable. The translation was really unedited and the mystery sequences were mostly kind of dumb. It's the first of a four part series too.

Type moon doesn't care about gaijin money.

Who was your favorite ikikoi?

>Conjueror
lol right

expressing interest hardly means he would get the job, you dummy. he was noticably salty not too long ago about not getting a job he was very interested in.

anyway, TM isn't really in the same situation that other studios are in. they are thoroughly main stream in Japan and are making a lot of money. especially with things like GO being as popular as they are.

they've also pissed on the Western audience before and shown people the door numerous times in regards to western localizations.

Who cares about that, where is CCC translation?

iwakuraproductions.wordpress.com/2015/09/29/the-fateextra-ccc-translation-project/

Soon

Incest is wrong.

>10% translated in a year
wow progress

these guys give Sekai a run for their money.

>Soon

It's great. Innocent Grey, Manyo music, Sugina drawings. Great story and voice actors. I found the mysteries very fun (some chapters have a focus on a small mystery) and bind the whole story nicely.

Two big problems:
The first mystery cannot be translated and the translator did a bad job at adapting it (it's a word pun between the English and Japanese word).
Second, it really really lacks nudity, sex and more passion.

>I'vem the chief

one of my pals expressed interest in joining their team as a translator, actually.

he didn't get a reply back from them for months lol, they're a bunch of clowns

Excellent taste.

Incest is best. Especially second-generation incest.

I'm reading Grisaia
Why is the loli such a retard

>I'm reading Grisaia
I'm so sorry.

What is the best Key VN
and why is it Kanon

Shut up, Makina is a genius.

Why? It's fine so far. Reads pretty well. I'm only a bit in.

Not everyone can be a super genius like Michiru.

You mean, not including Rewrite? Little Busters I guess.

The admittedly great translation is the only good thing about it...

He's just memeing you. Grisaia is very polarizing to people

Some people love it, others absolutely hate it. Basically the same deal with just about anything that is popular.

However it does objectively have some issues with the routes, but the common route is a lot of fun.

Too bad Grisaia stopped being relevant years ago :(

But I see people talking about Grisaia all the time.

don't listen to Grisaia is a great VN. Not Kamige but not Kusoge either. Especially when you get to Angelic Howl. Its a great VN but its become the popular thing to hate because it's popular on steam

This so much
hes just memeing
Although Makina's and Yumikos route is basically the same and makinas route has no good endings

>The admittedly great translation is the only good thing about it...

That wasn't the only thing in my case. It managed to give me a cannibalism boner.

Well, I'll see. It hasn't been off-putting so far though.

that had me all types of fucked up
The only time a VN ever had my heart pumping and all of that jazz
Besides that final scene in Saya anyway

kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/chronoclock-limited-edition-box-set-and-exclusive

damn /vn/ btfo

>593 backers
>$53,661 pledged of $20,000 goal
>still 23 days to go
I thought people hated Sekai Project? Or was that just a meme from a minority here.

Just a vocal minority. Most people here appreciate the work SP does.

been going trough this at a snails pace due to RL commitments.

Jesus christ, this 2nd H scene has me diamonds, and im guessing there is more to come before it ends.

It's Air.

What time of year is VN season?
I've always felt reading VN's during the summer as uncomfortable. Like the optimal time for VN's is Fall - Winter. Wouldn't you agree?

Never. It's an encouragement for EOPs to learn japanese.

Literally summer because I don't have time during the semester due to classes AND work.

I have to be honest, my favorite is Rewrite

>125 burgers is the minimum you have to pay for physical
nani the fuck?