New Type-r's engine is a failure

>New Type-r loses 50HP when the temperature outside is over 20*C/68*F (from 310HP to 265HP)
>When the engine coolant temperature rises 50*C/122*F, computer automatically reduces boost and power.
>As you can see on a dyno graph, using water cooling on IC helps to keep stock power, 312HP.
>The another problem is intake- car doesn't have a proper cold air intake. After the hood is opened- the power increases significantly.

Source:
*jewbook*UnitronicPoland/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1245680518777488&__mref=message_bubble

Hahaha, weaboos on sucide watch. Dyno results wil be posted below

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MyCzGa9-W1k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's interesting that the power cut happens at higher rpm's though, you'd think that if it was a detonation problem they would cut maximum torque in the entire rev range.

Maybe it's to prevent the turbo from overspinning?

And closed hood vs opened
Idk what did they were trying toachieve, but this is a joke. Losing 50hp, because water temperature is over 50*C? not 80, not 90, but a fucking 50*C?Iit's not a V8.

now that does look like some detonation prevention, which is logical considering the 10ºC air temperature difference.

But maybe the low operating temperature is due to emission standards forcing manufacturers to make their engines reach operating temperature as fast as possible, so they lowered the optimal temperature. Maybe the reason they cut the power at high rpm's is because at higher temperatures, the blowby becomes very significant and pressure builds up in the oil pan.
Still that is pretty bad from a performance standpoint. Not only does that require much bigger radiators, but that means it won't stand up to low speed track work.

The whole rear end of that car is a complete failure.

68F?

Holy shit that's half of the year.

You cunts are retarded.

Emissions standards, and safety standards, are ruining cars and car design. Discuss.

>be australian
>can't drive the car in summer

nice

Will be fixed

The whole car is ugly as fuck.
Looks like a riced ninja turtle.

I would say that safety and emissions are basically negating technological advance at the consumer level.

Supercars are obviously able to mitigate it through sheer brute force R&D but only at a crazy bill.

Cars that aren't complete exotics have basically plateaud and the improvements in materials/powertrain are totally offset by the increase of weight from safety and increase in engine stress from emissions.

The experience is also worse due to all the electronics that are put in to meet safety standards and keep the laptimes high still.

>After the hood is opened- the power increases significantly.

Or autumn and spring

this is why ive never owned a car newer than 2001

everything after is just heavier uglier technologically limited crap

>buy commadore
>Noproblems.mate
>have falcon before
>constantly overheating everything and shitting itself
nope never again this honda would fucking melt if it came out here we get 40-60 degrees every summer

Lol the funny part is toyotas Honda's Mazda's and even Hyundai's and kia outlast commodores now.. they're such a soft car nowdays.

Meanwhile my 345hp LS1 has 150,000 miles, is running extremely strong, never overheats and doesn't lose power.

Really makes you think.

if your talking about ve-vf crap then yeah but vn-vx are fucking unkillable tanks i see plenty getting around.

Ayy same my 300rwhp ls1 has around the same milage burns a bit of oil but it loves to bounce off the limiter

Good engine, shit everything else
Wasted potential

what car are you talking about?

Pretty much all of the cars the ls1 where okay in my book be more spesific mate

Pretty much the problem with every stock 4 cylinder turbo. Companies went Jew cheap with the intercoolers. If you ever want to do more than drive to school or work it'll need new intercooler and new sparks. (Mustangs stock intercooler)

it's not the intercooler, it's the actual engine water temperature.

Oh fug I'm retarded

baka. should've just kept the k series.

I don't think it is. Even Honda couldn't fuck up that bad

the type r still use the k-series, k20c1
Hopefully it is fixed when the north american version is released

Also this honda's very first attempt at turbocharging, while other companies have been doing for 30+ years

oh didn't know that. I literally have read nothing about the new type-r since I heard we were getting the shaft.

Nope, see acura RDX with the 2.3 turbo

u wot m8

Even if that was true it's no excuse.

that car was my shit in gt5/4

I really doubt thats coolant for the engine....

Cars run insanely rich when cold to warm up the engine faster. Cars run most efficiently when warm.

Perhaps its the charge coolers water temp. That seems more realistic. It probably pulls timing to reduce det / knock and thats were the loss of power is coming from.

>After the hood is opened- the power increases significantly.
youtube.com/watch?v=MyCzGa9-W1k

>we get 40-60 degrees every summer
Fucking metric faggots

>heat soak isn't a thing so here's some random made-up off the cuff shit I yanked from DEEP within my ass

And who even cares. Car's a piece of shit.

>engine loses some power
>NEW TYPE R ENGINE IS FAILURE !?!?!?!

OK guys, I don't think we need clickbait on fucking Veeky Forums.

these were honda's glory days

too bad they didn't figure out rustproofing or how to not make shit automatics until it was too late

>rust
>a problem
Try taking care of your cars

>this low energy hondacuck damage control

Should'nt VW have the most problems according to Veeky Forumsutists?

Why does their 2.0T BTFO of everyone elses turbo 4?

> Pic related
> Stock motor/turbo with a conservative ECU tune

does a dyno sheet show reliability now?

NOW THIS IS A THREAD WITH CONTENT I CAN TOTALLY GET BEHIND

this is interesting how smart the cars computer is and how quickly its aboe to learn and adjust for the verying enviornment around it

Hondacuck detected

this
it's already a roadkill car

>yfw this is me also

does that happend in real life or only on a dyno ?

Is the dyno in real life or does the car enter a parallel universe when it's on one?

Manufacturers do this to avoid kids from destroying the car and Honda having to replace parts under warranty

Also yes passing emissions probably has something to do with such a conservative tune. Although holy shit less than 70 degrees here means it's useless in stock form 9 months out of the year

This is all fixable stuff though.

Nobody is going to buy a Type R and leave it stock. A few years after it's release this will be one of the best used cars on the market.

I have APR stage1 on my 2015 polo gti
from 192hp to 250hp with 400nm of torque desu

shits on the fiesta and everything else

So its good for reliability if you only get full power if the engine is cold?

don't play stupid
does it happend when you drive on the road where there is air flowing around you
not like on a dyno

There is a sweet spot, most cars will retard timing on a really hot day, but it's more noticeable in boosted cars to my knowledge due to it also just circulating hot air.

I'm not an engineer though so I'm not even gonna bother trying to explain what kind of explaination Honda would probably give

i know about that, but making you car the fastest while it is way under normal operating temprature only leads to people hooning it while the engine is cold because its the fastest then. That can´t be good for a long engine life

So its an overheating, power cutting piece of shit just like the corvette
Honda and gm can't compete

That's all of the year.

Never gets below 84f and we have nip cars left right and center

ha