Has anybody heard anything about these?

Has anybody heard anything about these?

On one hand, I've heard so many stories of plug-in things just being a placebo thing that just has lights.

On the other hand my car has god awful throttle delay that I really want to alleviate.

Should've gotten a carb'd v8, you physically control the throttle.
cuck

>carbs
>good
After going through 2 carbed trucks I'm never doing a carb ever again.

Lets remove a delay in a closed system by adding MORE to the system.

Thats not how it works at all, It can't work at all. You can't do anything to a cars ECU/BCU system to make it faster let alone ad extra shit and expect it to be faster.

$289 - $319 dollars, fucking hell are people this dumb?

it bypasses part of the loom and makes a huge difference, My friend has a 01 cooper s and it has horrific with it not plugged in. bypassing a shitty old electronic fly by wire system with a new one helps.

It bypasses part of the loom but still has to make the same connections to all the same parts of the electrical system otherwise all of the system isn't receiving all the correct relevant information.

Its simply not possible that it will help at all, that's not how modern CANBUS systems work at all.

Your one friend experiencing a placebo effect doesn't confirm it works. Go do a double blind test with it and it will come back false.

So I guess the question then is what could I do to get rid of that delay short of getting a new ecu and tune?

You realise all this does is tell the ECU you are pressing the accelerator more than you actually are? Instead of this device, you can just push the accelerator further. You are welcome to PayPal me the money you saved if you like. If you want more throttle response, get a tune. Fly by wire has no lag if it's programmed that way.

>Reset the ECU so the adaptive learning starts again
>Clean the throttle body (it will be dirty)
>Make sure the fuel filter isn't in shit condition
>Check fuel trims
>Check spark plugs

Other than that nothing much.

Remember how I said my car has astronomical delay? If you were to push the pedal all the way in and out, the engine barely starts moving by the time your foot has come off, and might hit 3k rpms at the peak.
On top of that, it takes about a month for the revs to fall which is a big buzzkill when you're running up the mountain.

My car is barely three years old, I doubt the spark plugs and fuel system and that shit.

Fuel filter can still be full of shit if you have used low quality fuel OR you may have just picked up some shit from around the place, If the plugs haven't been seen to they might be due depending on what style they are.

What kind of car is it?

People who understand mechanics should stop thinking that knowledge translates over to electronics.
It has nothing to do with the way the current has to travel, or the loom etc.
The mod only modulates the signal sent to the ECU, tricking it into accelerating the car faster. Mk7 Golfs have a huge improvement, and are notorious for the otherwise shit throttle response.

'13 Sonic 1.8L manual

Pls leave, a fuel filter or plugs is not going to give poor throttle response, it will cause a misfire. If the fuel filter was blocked that badly that it affected engine power, the check engine light would be on as fuel trims would be so far out.

And people who understand neither should comment on neither. Naming a car model it 'works on' doesn't mean you're not full of shit. If you can explain what particular signal on what component is at fault, I'll eat my hat.

It works on every model. As I explained above, it simulates the throttle being pressed further. The ECU sees this as more torque requested than usual at this physical throttle position. It's quite straight forward.

The throttle position is read as a resistance determining position % though. You can't go higher than 100% because then the ECU will throw a 'signal unfeasible' code and it won't make a difference. So effectively you could just press the pedal harder.

It's not actually read as resistance. Correct, it can't go higher than 100%, and I said the exact same thing above, just press the pedal harder.

Listen here dickshit, I've got a masters in electrical engineering and I'll tell you exactly what these things do. You plug them into your tps, and out into the regular loom. The box then adds normally around 20% additional throttle to any input above a certain percent (usually around 20). So at 0% there's no change, but one you hit 25% real throttle, the ecu is getting a signal for 45% throttle. It feels faster just because it's accelerating more. go WOT in a car with it and a car without, It'll accelerate just as fast in both cases.

You're actually not supposed to know how anything works. This is Veeky Forums, remember?

It often is read as resistance. In many cars they use a hefty potentiometer as the "input" of throttle as far as the ecu outta considered

Well, not a resistance, but the resistance determines the value that is actually read and it does translate directly into throttle position % and it's still not possible to push it over 100. Totally agree with you.

Have you considered both suing your university and pushing the pedal harder?

Don't kid yourself bro, the best shitposters know exactly what they're talking about.

ECU sees incorrect target fuel pressure, adjusts timing and targets its sets engine to acheive to compensate for incorrect fuel pressure. Will regulate how and how far the throttle opens aswell.

Fuel trims can be out by huge amounts before it triggers anything, Toyota/Lexus target is no more than + or - 4% but will run up to 20% out of parameters before it triggers and codes.

Don't know what that response is about, if it wasn't clear I think this is bullshit. A bunch of morons in my masters classes thought it was real, until they blew $400 on a fucking pedal commander and realized it does nothing. Pretty funny though.

It's actually not. It's read as a 0-5v signal. They don't use potentiometers anymore since fly by wire either, they now use Hall effect sensors, in a double array for redundancy.

Hence, the resistance is the determining input

im a former union electrician currently an electrical technician for security and access control

i have spent my whole life with around and learning electricity and i can tell you with 100% certainty that the device in ops pic cannot work because it would undermine physics

>ECU sees incorrect target fuel pressure, adjusts timing and targets its sets engine to acheive to compensate for incorrect fuel pressure. Will regulate how and how far the throttle opens aswell.

Top kek. Most vehicles that aren't diesels don't measure fuel pressure.

Also, if fuel trims are out by a certain percentage, the ECU has added enough extra fuel to maintain the amount it wished to have I'm the first place. It's only when it gets outside the bounds of normality that it chucks the light on, as it then knows there is an actual problem. Light will be on well before the fuel filter is so blocked that you have fuck all flow.

Apologies, then. Thought you were saying it was a good thing. Is anyone still left defending this snake oil?

The only people I've ever heard defending this kind of thing are the same kind of people who would throw a pod filter next to their exhaust and say they got 30hp

>Most vehicles that aren't diesels don't measure fuel pressure.

Yeah ok buddy.

Don't listen to anyone but this guy OP he knows what he is talking about.

General snake oil thread? When I was an apprentice, some guy tried to sell me on an electric turbo setup that was a desk fan in a piece of ducting.

This. It would sort of be acceptable if they priced them cheaply, but here in aus they want $500 or so for them.

faggot

Sorry faggot, engines that aren't diesel, or aren't direct injection, very rarely use a pressure sensor. There is no need for it.

Here I have a solution for you OP
Buy a NA sports car that's not shit

>what is MPFI
>how can a mechanical throttle exist with this technology.

>My friend has a 01 cooper s and it has horrific
That's because it's a FWD BMW.

Turbo cuck

They effectively recalibrate your throttle in a very crude way, by manipulating voltage signals.
kinda like those "tuning resistors" that tell your ecu the engine is making lower boost than it is to fool it into increasing boost.
They are shit from an engineering POV, but the effect might be what you want.
It's just pot luck and personal taste.

>take away throttle delay
>by adding more processors
lol

That would only affect throttle position, not delay.
You can't trick delay like that.

ah yeah you're right

#throttlecables4lyfe

what next, fixed angle distributors?

#fixedangledestributors4lyfe

Yeah they are pretty good, but look into the WAT throttle lag eliminator

I'm sorry. I test drove the turbo version and DBW lag compounded by turbo lag made me end the test drive after about 60 seconds.

This is caused by a heavy flywheel. Installing an aluminum flywheel should alleviate the issue.

No, this is caused by vehicles being tuned for emmisions.

Damn, how much do one of those puppies go for?

About tree fiddy