Mitsubishi Galant

After doings some browsing on Craigslist and keeping a close eye on the guide, I need to know more about this car.

How many miles per gallon it usally gets?
Common problems?
Is it a fast car?
etc.
I appreciate the help Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/H4x3Cdd9wB0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I can get about 35 with mine.
None, if you regularly replace wearable parts (oil, tires and brakes) IT WILL LAST FOR EVER.
Its not fast by any means, but its torquey in low gears, so it does feel fast (if you get 1.3 like I did).
Styling is neat and looks pretty modern and the space is ridiculous.

Depends on the model. Then again, they're old Mitsus. They last forever. Be careful of crankwalk though, if you're getting the 4G63T.

does it AWD?

youtu.be/H4x3Cdd9wB0

The VR-4 models had it

DONT DO IT
Don't
Just don't.

Mom had a new one as a rental a couple years ago.

Literally the worst interior I have ever been in. You can tell a lot by a cars interior. I would never consider it based on the interior alone. Mitsubishi should just give up.

It isn't fast, it's more of a reliable shitbox status, but it is good looking and can handle a beating.

The gen you posted in that picture (9th gen) is also by far the best one. I'm not sure but I think some parts are also interchangeable with lancers, so that's a plus.

mileage should be around usual shitbox status, thing 35 mpg and 28 city or around that area, mostly because cars of that era are lighter than usual because lack of safety features.

>Be careful of crankwalk though
only in some 97 models of the engine, and they mostly manifested in the eclipse.

>9th gen
meant to say 8th gen*

explain.

Why not?

I might sound like an idiot for asking but what's an AWD?

AWD= All Wheel Drive
FWD= Front Wheel Drive
RWD= Rear Wheel Drive.

bought pic related like a week ago, i love it

>doesn't know shit about mitsubishi

i had a 2002 galant 2.4l SOHC and it was a fantastic car.

>independent rear suspension
>4 doors. vip style
>great handling, excellent ride comfort
>extremely reliable engine

mine was on 245 tires and it handled corners amazingly well.

although i stripped mine for all the sound deadening material/body filler with a chisel. probably almost 200 lbs lighter than stock

>defending mitsubishi
fanboy detected

it does look good.

no RWD tho...

I have a 2003 (8th gen). I adore it. I don't know how the other guy gets 35mpg; I get around 26. But considering what it is, it's a damn fun car to drive. My car has 195 tires all around (pretty much bicycle tires) and the handling is very well balanced nonetheless. Yes, the interior is cheap. It's Japanese compact from 2003. However, mine has no squeaks or rattles, apart from a loose hubcap that I'll be replacing soon. I've had to change an O2 sensor and a camshaft position sensor, but that's about it. I love the car, and I'm sure you will too.

>Ameribois are still this assblasted by Pearl Harbor, and by rice burners in Evos raping Mustangs
>still can't import Evos IV to VII, R33 and R34 Skylines, S15 Silvias, cheap twin turbo Supras, and exploding Doritos

Also a side question. Is getting insurance required for a car or no?

I had a 2000 Galant LS with the V6 and it had enough power to get up to speed if you needed ot wanted it in commuting situations, and it was fun and good enough in corners.
I only ever saw the ES model on other 8th gens out on the road though.

Legnum TT is the best. Its a station wagon version of the gallant with a twin turban v6 making 330bhp and is easily pushed further, just watch for the early models TCS failing

Its required in every 1st and 2nd world country.

Opinions on the 1993 mirage?

Not if you live in the glorious state of NH.

>twin turban

top kek, do I smell a spicy new meme

fuck off corey

>fanboy

i own a honda and a fucking V8 pontiac. i am far from a fanboy

I do like Mitsu though. i would buy another

simply because they're good cars.

i think this is something worth happening

You and me friend. Between us we will bring a new Meme Age unto Veeky Forums