/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, September 6th:
1522 – The Victoria, the only surviving ship of Ferdinand Magellan's expedition, returns to Sanlúcar de Barrameda in Spain, becoming the first ship to circumnavigate the world.
1901 – Leon Czolgosz, an unemployed anarchist, shoots and fatally wounds US President William McKinley at the Pan-American Exposition in Buffalo, New York.
1939 – World War II: South Africa declares war on Nazi Germany.
1949 – Allied military authorities relinquish control of former Nazi Germany assets back to German control.
>News
EU4 Rights of Man DLC announced

EU4 DD18/08
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-18th-of-august-2016.963425/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!IkNwBRKR!WI_JYByFpRFzXLx3d1uD2A

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.5 - 29/07/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V8
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/o42kc4rjg24rtiv/makeliquorgreatagain.rar?dl=0
pastebin.com/72Yhqm5i
pastebin.com/zK3YrpNx
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA
pastebin.com/MHswMhZi
mediafire.com/download/fm7kgwo9m83yqxu/New Liang.rar
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2plus-v4-05-0-main-download-thread-september-5th-2016.937262/page-5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Waiting to play CK2 until CK2+ is done is killing me.

black ice is good mod fuck off haters

Play hip

I wouldn't know. All I've ever heard was shitposting about it.

This. At least in the meantime.

Is people hating on BICE? Why?

'Tis tradition

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Actually some people don't like BICE because they think it's too railroaded.

at what point in time in eu4 do you stop building buildings and start just aggressive expansioning into your neighbors?
1700?
1650?

Just memes there is no reason to actually shit on it unless you are bad at the game

And why don't they just play any other mod or vanilla?

Because people like to bitch about shit.

>>Alternate Mod List and Useful Resources

>[V2] - Make Liquor Great Again for HPM 0.3.5.5 by Liquorlad
dropbox.com/s/o42kc4rjg24rtiv/makeliquorgreatagain.rar?dl=0

>[V2] - Legacy of Slovenia v1.01 by Cobra
pastebin.com/72Yhqm5i

>>[V2] unHPM v2.0 - Farawell Edition by unHPM guy
pastebin.com/zK3YrpNx

>>[V2] - 7 Years Mod by GF420
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

>>[V2] - Vickymod v2.5 by Rob
pastebin.com/MHswMhZi

>>[V2] - New Liangmod by Liang
mediafire.com/download/fm7kgwo9m83yqxu/New Liang.rar

>> Updated Waggle Pastebin
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB

As soon as I'm stronger than all of them or will become stronger by doing so.

Not to say I play much EUIV these days anyhow.

desu I've never been able to play EU4 for more than 100 years

which country are you? Depending on your tech you'll want a max percentage of cavalry in your stacks. I think it's generally around 60% for western countries, but muslim is like 80%, so they have an advantage there. Generally Shock is for damaging enemy morale, and morale is what's really important in fights. Fire is usually done by infantry while Shock is done by the cavalry. Military Drill can really make a difference early with its boost to morale, so if the Ottomans have it plus their superior troops, you really won't have much luck.

>tfw can't play HoI3 BICE because shitty screen resolution doesn't let me see half of the stuff

Is there a way to fix this ;-;

>this doesn't get deleted
epic

Use software to increase your screen resolution artificially above its normal limits then use borderless windowed mode.

Will a mod ever be able to do something about this nonsense? How could we even solve the inheritance problem?

The only to fix that kind of stuff is by direct interventioin through >cheats

What are you on about?

BTFO
T
F
O

only way* intervention*

Fuck I'm tired

R&I BTFO HAHAHA FUCKING COCKSUCKERS

?

>first proper game where i've actually achieved something, Mansa of Mali
>Forget to keep making political marriages with the Sunni Empire of Hispania on top of me, about 5 times stronger than my tribal ass
>mfw holy war for emirate of marrakech out of nowhere

And that's how I became a vassal of the Umayyads.

Is Paradox redpilled?

Of course, they're holocaust deniars.

Castille. With 16 land tech, I've only Latin Cav and Chevauchee. My infantry can be Reformed Gallows, Landsknechten, and Condatta (Respectively, they're offensive, defensive, balanced(?) options, right?).
I'm also at 16 Gov tech, so I could just dump my research and get Military Drill in just short of 3 years.
Should I just let my French allies shit over Anatolia while I diddle my thumbs in Iberia until I get Military Drill? I'm not too keen watching these Turks run about with Spanish land.

This shit fucks my will to play.

I wish a mod came up with a way of stopping this shit without needing cheats.

>Portugal spread all over France, in the heart of France and other places.
>English revolt in the middle of the HRE.

Wat

Well CK2+ destroys a title if it is inherited by someone who has no control over it's de jure territory. Alsoy europe really was that fucked up IRL, spanish netherlands should are possibly
the most brazen example but there are others.

I've asked this question before, and it was pretty fun, so...

Are you guys, like me, autistic enough to name any of your armies in Paradox games? Have any examples?

Spanish netherlands is coastal, in the rare cases someone inherited a castle far away in the middle of somewhere they left someone local in charge and at max spent a few months there away from everything. It certainly didn't end with crossing the Seine to go to Paris making you enter Portugal.

>french "allies"
>France is clearly blobbing into you in the screenshot
the fuck are you doing user

Based Cobra

Not my particular flavor of autism but I don't judge you.

yeah that sounds about right. I believe the offensive and defensive stats only come into play depending on who is attacking, so if you figure you'll be attacking more than waiting and baiting, I'd go for the Reformed.

It took me a little while to get the hang of armies too, and knowing when to send a stack and when to bait the enemy. It's also a good idea to learn about attrition and taking notice of if and when an army is going to enter a province after the first of the month.

But do take Military Drill when you can. It's usually the first idea that a lot of AI countries take, so you can be at a disadvantage if you don't as well.

anyone else here really hate jews? not in a nazi kinda of way but because of israel and the oppression of palestine

Nazi pig

People here dont really give a fuck about your nationality, religion, gender, sexual preferences or opinion, will bash anyone who asks moronic question and shame anyone who tells lame jokes.

Enjoy your stay,

I'm trying to learn how to defend clay. Now Turk wants my clay and Baguette wants to fight Turk.
Okay, sounds good. I'll stay in Iberia while France provides a distraction, add more cavalry to my armies and more transports to my navy, rush towards MD, and, hopefully, that'll work out.
What are some other things I can try to work towards in the mean time? I'm also curious about Generals, as the ones I buy are pretty shitty. Do they just apply their bonuses towards the rolls of the phase of the battle, but, then, what does a bonus to maneuver or siege mean?

The think the nation of Israel sucks but I don't hate Jews for it.

Just the rich fucks desu, fuck the bourgeois :D

hating israel has caused me to hate jews as well because of how intertwined the state is with the religion

t. reddit

When you click on an army and it shows its info in the UI, the cavalry number will turn red if you go over your bonus limit, so pay attention to that. Like I said I think it's 60%. If you hover over it it should tell you.

Generally as Castille you try to form Spain or go colonizing, but since that can be expensive you should try making more money. Also I just noticed you're in a war but your military maintenance is not at 100%. That'll really deplete your army morale and cause you to lose many battles.

Your generals are bought with Army Tradition, which is gained mostly from winning battles but you can also get it through events and buildings. The higher your tradition, the better your generals. The generals add their bonuses to your army during battles, but if your general has a +2 to shock, and the enemy has a +1 shock general, you only get a +1 bonus, as it subtracts from whichever is higher. Maneuver bonus means your army moves faster through the map, which can help you get to a province before an enemy army, giving you a terrain advantage, and siege bonus just makes province sieges go faster.

wwi

>60%
It says 50% for Combined Arms bonus
>military maintenance is not at 100%
My armies are at 100%, but I'm leaving my navies at 70% because there's not a lot of naval combat going on, so that'd just drain my income. Is this a bad policy, or is it worth the extra drain on resources, especially as I'm above my build limit?
>Generals
Okay, cool, that's nice to know.

Is Johan based?

Maybe 60% was for Eastern Tech. Lowering your maintenance during peace or when unused is definitely recommended. Putting the slider all the way down is fine, though it takes about 2 or 3 months for them to regain their morale when you put it back up, so be wary of that before you declare any wars.

There's really no penalty for it other than morale, so either have it all the way up, or all the way down. As for being above your build limit, that gets really expensive and can give you a nasty event that causes a shortage of naval supplies and gives you a big penalty to ship build cost and time and things like that for the rest of the game. Try to stay at or below if possible

What IS it?

Why is the catholic church a thing in early starts of ck2 when the split only happened later

>CK2+ updated
>HIP updated
>Warhammer mod ?

It has something to do with liquor.

Realism is not a meaningful argument.

t. bobo

Takes me back. Nothing quite like a mag shield saving you from an entire-world MIRV by deflecting the one that had your name on it.

wow hoi1 graphics really havent ages well desu

NO KITBITZING

While the "official" split wasn't until shortly before the 1066 start, there was a huge difference in the ideological and practices of the Greek and Latin churches.

in hoi4 I'm autistic enough to use google translate to figure the names for everything from division names to army/fleet names

that doesn't mean the pope should be the pope

Memes aside, how is that game? I still haven't gotten around to 3 yet. They look a little high on the autism for me but I'm a sucker for WW2 shit.

HoI3 has a pre-ck2 UI that killed my interest, but is acclaimed as the much better game.

HoI4 is much more accessible at the cost of being a shitton easier and more casual of a game. I've seen mixed reactions around the general.

HoI3 is a better game, objectively, in most features. It's a tad hard to get into though, and if you're like me, it crashes every ten minutes

Personally I enjoy HoI4 as just a WW2 strategy game to just get comfy and play, but as you'll soon see from a flood of replies, nobody else here does.

Holy shit I made my Heir a Merc in CKII, when I died he had a fuckload of gold, and was involved in a war on a petty kingdom. When I finished the war, I got to keep the kingdom. I also got to keep his court of commanders who he mercd with.

Much better game if you enjoy the sandboxey feel of eu4 over the historical simulation that was hoi3. Dont play it for another few DLC though, its at a place where playing it could make you hate the game

How do you make your son a merc?

Yeah sometimes, but then if you split/merge the armies it fucks up the naming. I'd spend ages renaming my German armies so that the numbering displayed in order, but then after one war it would be completely fucked, and I would have to fix it all again. It gets kind of tiring after a while.

I just wish they'd fix the fucking rockets.
They infinitely fly into whatever province they hit and don't explode.

Its from a DLC I think, but you just do it like you do anything to them from the profile, and I think he uses your troops while he's away, as well as costing you 50 gold to set him up. You get a percent of his profits from people hiring him. Can be done to anybody eligible but with the Heir it's a bit unique because they inherit halfway through.

Also they must be militarily trained and competent.

Jesus christ the new war system in Hearts of Iron 4 is so unbelievably garbage. I love the political system in the game, but going in to a war just ruins everything.

What part about it, specifically?

Did the /qa/ thread get deleted?

I feel so out of control of battles, it seems the divisions automatically make the most inane strategic choices, the offensive line painter just feels horrible to use, and air stuff is needlessly overcomplicated. Maybe I'm too used to the Darkest Hour/HoI2 format, but it feels like wars are a lot more of a chore than they used to be with the terrible front mechanic and piss poor interface.

It just disappoints me so much, because I absolutely love the political systems they implemented, and think that portion is a great leap over HoI2's.

hoi3 would be great if the peace system wasn't pure shit

I've never played 3, what's wrong with its peace system?

Yeah I know how you feel with the AI. "Lets push one province and keep pushing down in a straight line far away from the actual front." The supply system is an underexplained pain in the ass, the planning system only benefits you if you aren't already in a war and naval battles are so bizarre and fairly mundane.

The air system seems fine to me though, don't really see the gripe with that. I will say that they should really let you designate an area for your planes, rather than pre-determined regions. Even my jet fighters can't cover all of eastern-canada, which fucks them over in efficiency.

I sometimes do the same in DH.

I can't seem to actually get my planes to work, for whatever reason. They don't want to do anything.

You have to create air wings in air bases, and then click the air base, select the air wings, click on a province with them selected (might be right click), and then give them missions on the left menu, where they will continue to carry them out until they either die or the war moves on.
Also, you should try to keep your fighter wings to 100 planes for various reasons.

>Tfw you can't name factions in DH

What am I in for lads?
What will the 30 years war be like?

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2plus-v4-05-0-main-download-thread-september-5th-2016.937262/page-5
Iz out

>How to fix HoI4 economy with one move:
Add fucking money as a currency into the game. They are produced from unused civilian factories (which might motivate the player to keep some instead of converting all of them to military ones at mid-late game). Instead of civilian factories (how the fuck do you export a factory), you now export money for resources. You can also import money for resources (how the fuck did they release a game where you cannot export things). Military equipment can also be bought for money (expensively), which will represent how smaller countries had to import weapons, ships and airplains from greater powers with contracts.

This just fixed 25% of the game. Another 25% can be fixed through several small fixes (remove ms-paint portraits with historical ones, add ability to demand/offer territory, make the tech-tree not look like a fucking World of Tanks store, add more than 1 historical personality for small countries, map redesign, fix unit/symbol/animation sizes, etc). Rest 50% is up to fixing the literally useless AI.

It's pretty sad how much content is missing from previous HoI titles that could be easily implemented with literally no downside. It appears that the millenials they hired to make their game haven't even played HoI2.

I really enjoy the idea of this, and it even makes more historical sense.
Even if they did though, they'd release those changes in an overpriced DLC because Paradox believes the only way to fix a problem with a game is through expansions.

what should be my goals as brandenburg > prussia > gr0ssgermaniums in eu3

form grossgermania then escape to the new world

w-what happened to the DLC in MEGA

steamgruppe decided to throw a shitfit

Based steamcord took it down.

It's gone so now you have to download shit off zippyshare or a torrent.

you know, you are 100% right, but paradox won't do it.
it's pretty sad actually. this suggestion is perfectly within the game's engine capabilities, it will make the game more immersive, it will fix multiplayer to some extent and it will make smaller countries much more fun to play without making blobbing necessary.

but they still won't do it, because it is paradox. and in the 0.1% chance they do it, it will be in the form of a dlc 2x times more expensive than the base game, that will come up with a shit-ton of other broken features.