Why Toyota/Lexus so based?

It took them only a mere 8-9 years to develop a definitive exotic supercar that surpassed established big names from every European leading figure with a century of tradition in the field instantly and effortlessly

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bz9X2GbjUHc
youtube.com/watch?v=b4OAAyMNWJQ&feature=youtu.be&t=84
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It actually got BTFO by the Ferrari 599 GTO. The LFA is shit. Especially compared to the EcoBoost GT.

That's basically the only good thing they've done though. This pos got its ass handed to it by pretty much everything else in its class.

Well, you got toyota corolla reliability wrapped in a nice RWD package so that's something eh?

Yeah but you have to realize that was their first go at competing with M, AMG, RS, etc. Their third-gen IS350 F-Sport is fantastic, even compared to the new 340i. The engine doesn't pull as hard, but the rest of the car as a package is much better. If you don't believe me, go and test drive one back to back with the 340i.

I've only read one head to head between those two cars. The LFA won, narrowly.
So neither BTFO, nor shit.

I'm hoping the ft1 will be good.

>Comparing a Naturally aspirated V10 to a shitty V6 Ecoboost
>LFA still won

>it's not a hardcrore track machine and it was 0.1 seconds slower round my favourite meme track so it's a pos
spoken like a true busrider.
when it's your own money it's different.

I'm convinced people like you just lease cars to drive them 5 miles a day or just don't drive at all.

Only disappointing thing so far from rumors / news is BMW I6.

What if it's good? Can you imagine BMW silky power delivery with Toyota engineering methodology so it never dumps the oil pan onto your garage floor.

>It actually got BTFO by the Ferrari 599 GTO.

That's a lie.

Almost every journo that has driven an LFA believe it to be one of the best driving experiences ever offered in a modern roadcar.

Nobody wrote shit about the GTO. It's like it never existed.

bmw's inline 6s are good though. what im worried about is the hybrid tech and no manual like the nsx. heard there might be a non hybrid fr model though.
my only issue with the bmw I6 is no dipstick. hope they fix that for the ft1

And then they stopped making it because Camry's are more important.

it's exclusive

>I dont know what im talking about, the post

It their first car in that class. It was made to be a strong, V8 powered, RWD, luxury sedan. In no way was anybody at Lexus thinking it would be able to compete with the M3 or C63 AMG.

The thinking's man car

Except it didn't, being inferior in every measure possible.

Indeed it is

Jesus Christ

>these projections
Read any professional review, like most people (including myself) do before buying a new car. It was quick and looked flashy but ultimately didn't deliver. Auto-only so it didn't appeal to enthusiasts. Harsh ride (like a Civic on cut springs) so it didn't appeal to luxury buyers. From what I've read, it is reliable though.

"What [chief ISF engineer Yukihiko Yaguchi] had in mind was a take-no-prisoners premium sport sedan that would offer comfort, sophistication and performance to equal or beat the best of the class from Europe." - Lexus press release about the ISF, 10/24/2007

9 years isnt instantly its 9 years

I've seen two of them; both were being driven by girls

>definitive exotic supercar

I wouldn't call it exotic. In fact how it looks under-whelms the hell out of me.

>shitty ecoboost

>lfa still won
youtu.be/bz9X2GbjUHc

>tfw you're too much of a poorfag student to buy a new car
>tfw the country you live in has a shitty car scene
>tfw you will never drive a sweet toyota

>reply from a youtube mong
do you also think if it can't be googled it's not true?

>Read any professional review
How about you actually drive it instead of benchracing based on reviews? I've found from personal experience that BMW is the least engaging and fun to drive now out of Audi, Lexus, and Cadillac. It's so blatantly clear driving the new 340i, that BMW is not catering to the sport market at all anymore, yet reviewers still say it's the best.

it was just them going yolo with the carbon fibre loom

>these things have already appreciated
Holy shit.

>Even NADA is already showing appreciation in book value.

It looks like a Lexus-badged 86.

Not entirely unsurprising, though. Tradition be damned, all the Japs had to do was take what made supercars in the past and improve on it. And this is something the crafty slanty merchants do exceptionally well.

>fake exhaust tips
unforgivable desu

nigga, that's basically standard industry practice now in the sportscar market now.

Lexus was literally years ahead of the curve.

The GTR costs a third of the price, and has 95% of the performance.

First the isf is no Ferrari, second the faux tips on the isf are terribly executed, third i maintain my original disgust, would not buy an f430.

Ehh all the manufacturers are doing it now (Acura's the worst - they didn't even put tips on the TLX). It's sad, but it's nothing aftermarket exhausts can't fix anyway.

>First the isf is no Ferrari
Most cars with fake exhaust tips aren't.

>second the faux tips on the isf are terribly executed
All fake exhaust tips are.

> third i maintain my original disgust
you're free to do so. I also think that fake exhausts look terrible.

>would not buy an f430.
It's a 458.

>lexus

9 years is the wink of an eye compared to how long cars/horseless carriages have existed

Lexus is for cucks who want to look sporty without actually being sporty.

Yeah your Fiesta ST is so much "sportier" than a ISF or LFA

>Audi

Is there still a Toyota equivalent to the IS series? First gen had the Altezza.

Ferrari 599 GTO literally got BTFO by a .22 LR bullet.

Precisely my point. No dipstick, that's really my only complaint.

In terms of the hybrid system, I'm fine with that, but it's making me lean towards the MK V not being a good tuner car.

>I wouldn't call it exotic

The engine and construction method of the body make it exotic on their own.

Idk why but I've grown to love the RC-F

Thinking about buying one 4 years later (when my Honda hits 10 years).

hey, don't shitpost with my permission, cuck

here, entertain yourself with this, my dear corvettecuck

>being this triggered

L O L
I'm in so many heads on this board it's not even funny :^)

nice, the cuck replied, here, now play with this one my doggy

Im afraid I will be forced to leash you if you shitpost again without me making a GTR vs Corvette thread for you

Lol'd

Lol'd

Because literally no one ever said that the Corvette was one of best drivers' car ever.

no surpise, corvettes have no redeeming qualities

Japanese V10 that revs to 9k rpm in less than a second is pretty cool

youtube.com/watch?v=b4OAAyMNWJQ&feature=youtu.be&t=84

>definitive exotic supercar that surpassed established big names

In the U.S., try the FR-S.

I never understood this

>Jeremy reviews the LFA the first time: "it's good, but it feels a bit outdated already, and it's not 8x better than a GTR, but it is 8x the price" (paraphrase)
>a few seasons later: "LFA best car ever, nothing else compares"

Clarkson is hack as journalist if you haven't noticed it. He tries to be as sensationalist as possible whenever he writes his pieces.

However, even after he was fired from TG, he went on the record saying the LFA was the best car he's ever driven during his tenure.