Vehicle toolkits

Alright, Veeky Forumstists. What the fuck do you keep in your vehicle? Be it tools, jack stands, bag full of doritos, or a blow-up doll, what do you consider mandatory equipment to have while doing hektik driftz on the touge?

Myself, I have a small toolbox that was handed down to my by my grandfather. I keep a set of wrenches, various screwdrivers, my spare tire and wire cutters/strippers and a couple of other odds and ends (old spark plugs and hose clamps just in case something retarded happens.) Also 50 Black Ice air fresheners, but that should go without saying.

Pic related: That set can be yours for the low, low price of $640!

I just have jumper cables. I have a spare tire but I don't even remember if I have a jack.

that's an insane price for that set, surely you can buy all the components loose for like half that?

A good book.

Fuck if I know, man. It's not like I work for Snap-On and could rattle off the price of any given item at a moment's notice.

But seriously, I have no idea. Snap-On has always been ludicrously overpriced from what little I know. I tend to buy much much much cheaper shit.

Only buy the ratchets and even then I would strongly check out the harbor freight as they are getting pretty good.

If you must buy snap on, buy from eBay and just what you need.

$30 per piece in that set

holy shit lmao they probably make them for 50 cents (wrench withstanding)

The Titanium Facom set that came with my car.

A cell phone

/thread

Only the essentials.

And a AAA card

I carry a jack, 12 volt pump, some tyre sealant

I'll carry a small bottle of oil and coolant on long journeys

i have absolutly no tools or anything lose on my evo

that thing is too fast to have shit knocking around

Lug wrench, scissor jack, can of fixaflat, extra water and oil, extra drain plugs and spark plugs, extra heater hose, glue and tape for hose repair, enough small tools to set my valve lash, stubby wrench set, 1/4 drive set, double ended hf ratchet, spark plug socket, screwdrivers, pliers, wire cutters, butyl tape, zip ties, safety wire, extra nuts and bolts, gloves, small hack saw and extra blades, fire extinguisher, furniture moving blanket, cheapo solar battery charger, funnels, flashlight, tiny milsurp bandage kit, some long expired nutrigrain bars.

I think that's all of it. Don't have a spare tire though

Where's your spare?

in the ancient shitbox of unholy german semi-reliableness I keep

>jumper cables
>tool kit with sockets, ratchets, screwdrivers, allen keys, pliers, wrench set
>full sized spare
>zip ties
>12v air pump
>spare coolant, oil, spare power steering (only one I really have to top off)
>cars stock death jack
>some spare old parts I haven't throw away yet

on my new car I don't carry anything that isn't in the original tool/spare tire change kit. roadside assistance for that bitch.

>jumper cables
>jack
>spare wheel
>wrench
>socket driver set
>oil and coolant
>rope
>blanket (yes it's an important tool)

>3,000lb straps set
>road flares
>safety triangle
>full bottle jack (came with car with tire iron)
>breaker bar with appropriate size wheel socket
>gloves (latex and mechanix knock off brand)
>full first aid kit with surgical staple gun, etc
>3 dehydrated meals
>6 pack of water bottles
>truck extra long jumper cables (none of that dinky vato zone shit)
>LED maglite style flash light with 2 extra sets of batteries (8 D cells)
>headlamp with 3 sets of batteries (AAA x9)
>glock 19 with 4 magazines
>box of ammo 50 rds
>1qt of oil
>1 change of clothes
>box of wet wipes
>sun block
>1 pair of sandals (lel)
>mini air compressor that isn't shit
>tire repair kit with 2 types of repair kits
>complete tool bag with all essential sockets, wrenches, picks, etc

Inb4 prepped

Where I'm going I don't need spares.

The worst part is that it's supposed to be for small jobs, but if you're buying Snap-On it means you're a tradesman that relies on the tools daily, so something like that is pointless.

what car do you fit all of this stuff in?

I have most of this stuff i my car as well.
And i drive a hatchback shitbox.

>just got car
>flat tire in the parking lot
>tire iron is the wrong fucking size
>apparently no one else has one the right size
And that's why I always carry one of pic related.

derp

single cab truck

>Dragon Dildos
>Trench coat, fingerless gloves, and fedora
>Nintendo DS
>Daki
>Pinkiepie plushie
>Reddit on my Ipad.

jumpers, jackets, bag of clothes/toiletries, spare tire, the fix-a-flat goo/compressor combo that the car came with, flashlights, one of those 100-peice craftsman toolkits with some extra bits inside, gallon of water AC power inverter thing, first aid kit, wool blanket.

That is a sexy kit. It looks like you could change every imaginable sparkplug with that thing no matter the location.

ha....
86 diesel golf... my approach is to drive cheap and cheat death. gotta be ready for anything

>cables, charged battery, multimeter, spare wires of various gauges, spare alternator belt, fuses - thats just electrical
>full set wrenches and sockets
>gasket material, oil, water
>random parts - injectors, screws, washers - got an old injection pump I could pull a delivery valve or stop solenoid
>brake fluid

..... and a headlight

Nah snap on don't actually sell kits, you just buy the individual parts and then buy the tray to keep them in. I know in NZ that kit would be around $1200 to buy. The S80a rachet are $280 (I have one of these) the deep 3/8" flank drive sockets around 350 and the shallow sockets about the same. The kit of 3/8th extensions is like 350-400 (don't know what individual bits are worth) and then the tray/carry case is 120 in top of all that. It may be expensive to buy that will be the absolute best socket set you could ever get.

Most of my rachets are snap on, my sockets are Koken and snap on and my spanners are sidchrome 440 series flank drive. I only keep tool kits in my old beater or classic cars, my late model cars don't need them. I have a little beginner tool kit that had spanners 8-24mm, a 3/8th 8-19mm socket set and a couple of sets of pliers, a hammer, an oil filter wrench and some screw drivers. They are a junk set that come included with these busses we buy out of china, for a set that costs me nothing though (I've left them in cars when I've sold them) it's a remarkably handy tool kit for little break downs.