/owg/ - Overwatch General

Put your security in my hands Edition

Previous Thread: Competitive Season 2 is now live on all platforms. Sombra is still not out; countdown is still moving upward.

>Latest Patch Notes
us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20749104703

>Official Website
playoverwatch.com

>The Oversheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CPI6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/edit#gid=1751764739/

>Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Stats and Leaderboards
masteroverwatch.com
overbuff.com/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>Overwatch DPS Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D4jOtaosiZoM2VA9IjRRPaiMbTTZtPrD1d8mK23DPa0

>The 24 Percenter Club
amomentincrime.com

>Competitive /owg/ Discord
discord.gg/RV5YyjX

Other urls found in this thread:

playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20271526
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you faggot we already have one

you faggot we already reached bump limit

also

what's the best way to practice Pharah?

oh damn thanks. didn't see that thread.

Engineer can upgrade his turrets to level 3 while torb can only upgrade his turrets to level 2. Gee I wonder who would win :^)

Obviously Torberlone

Torbjorn can go super saiyan and regenerate all his health and the turrets while gaining a shit tonne of armor for both.

Then again I'd probably still say Engineer honestly. Everytime I play Torbjorn I can never really keep his turret up, everytime I smack it I'm always under the threshold of damage that the enemy is dealing out, unless it's some retard Tracer/D.va from afar trying to shoot it down.

When will blizzard add a char in honor of poz poster?

Hey guys, how do I play Mei so that I am not a drag on my team? I try to do what everyone does and freeze the enemy and shoot them in the face, but my point and click prowess isn't anywhere near good.

> if I keep getting stuck with retards I have to babysit in comp, I keep losing
> if I keep losing, I keep getting stuck with retards I have to babysit

is there any way to escape this fucking spiral?

Form an alliance with competent players that you meet throughout the game, then when they're online, ask for games?

>how do I play Mei so that I am not a drag on my team?
You don't

Party up with your buddy. Two competent people is enough to turn the tides in your favor. And you have more authority when trying to make a retard switch from Bastion on attack.

mei's one job is to annoy the team, and sometimes your allies
your'e infinitely more useful with almost any other class

Threadly reminder that Imp/Devil skin is a trans skin for Mercy.

Check the breast size.

neat

I want to get stepped on by JunkMei

Toblerone has so much pent up rage after living in the cucklandistan, he's gonna take it all out on that poor czech.

That explains why it's the ugliest skin in the game

You annoy the enemy, separate them and kill anyone who's alone.
Like in Hanamura or King's Row, if you stay to the side the moment someone goes in to your turf you ice wall them off and it's 1v6 until the wall breaks back down. Or however many you've trapped.

Get used to walling off the enemy, not your own team. And don't wall off an enemy in an attempt to 'save your ally' since you'll most likely just kill them.

If you see a McCree or Roadhog, instantly icicle yourself to stop the hook/flashbang.

Spam right click attacks to build charge and try pick people off during team fights, don't freeze then icicle someone unless it's a tank or you could just miss freezing them entirely and get yourself killed trying to line up the headshot.

If you're just not good at right click attacks though then you wont really be good at anything other than Reinhardt, Mercy, Lucio, Pharah or Junkrat though.

I tried using Mercy before but didn't really stick to her. Last night I gave it another shot.

Holy shit, are people really this stupid in videogames? I mean, I was pocket healing my friend because I want him to get better so I have someone to play ranked with, but...

>Friendly Lucio running in by himself, speedboost on
>No one on team switching to counter
>Friendly S76 not dropping heal at all

forget about that new map

>first chokepoint is literally that arch before the point
>entire team stands in the middle of the road down the hill
>enemies can come from left side and kill them from 2 different spots

Why are people so stupid? Is it because the teams have different spawn times? In counter-strike, you know exactly where each chokepoint is, and when to expect a fight. In Overwatch, your team always overextends from the chokepoint.

Do we need fucking signs dictating where the chokepoints are?

So generally don't freeze unless it's tanks or you're good at aiming? I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

Time to go get good, I guess.

>last season i placed around 55 due to losing two placement matches due to shitty teams and another two for having bad comps
>made it to 60 before it ended
>new season with new ranking system
>why.jpg
>hit 2833 after placement
Is this good?

who /monotone/ hear?

If you've managed to catch someone who's alone, left click to freeze and then right click.
Generally though in a team fight you'll see Mei's left clicking to freeze a Genji or a McCree or someone when everyone is battling each other, then when the person is frozen she stands still to get the shot off then dies to her team because she stood still.
Missing shots on your left click makes it take longer to freeze them, in a team battle no one's going to be standing around to let you freeze them and smaller targets (Genji, McCree, Zen, Mercy, everyone not a tank really) will guarantee you will miss freezing anyway so it's better to just right click from a bit of a distance instead to try help out but not be entirely useless by walling allies off from kills or abilities.

But I mean, if there's a Reinhardt with his shield up on the point and your team is there too, get behind that and freeze him (or any tank) because the moment your team sees that they're frozen, they'll die because them being so large makes them a magnet.

Mei's principle is this = If it's not 1v1, you're fucked. She gets countered by having a single other person around.

i think overextending is the easiest stupid thing to fix, if that makes sense. when i've told people to defend behind the choke we usually do a lot better.

Sombra is cute

CUTE

That shouldn't be when we had 2 dps right?

Still lost anyway.

2883 is equivalent to 58 from last season

Overtime is so unbalanced.

CUTE! I demand more

I want to be raped by Hana.

>mercy revives team in the middle of a mei ult
>potg

they should really consider what happens for like, 10 seconds after the res to see if it was actually any good

If you guys think getting in masters will fix the problem of shitty teammates think again. I still get stuff like Symmetra on attack, shitty hanzos, bastions, toblerones, retards not switching if tgey aren't playing well. And the worst part is I cant group up with anyone on my friends list because my rank is too high. This is truly the real elo hell

That's cute.

Serious question guys, how did Overwatch get away with only releasing a multiplayer game with no match history, no replays, no competitive mode for like a month, only really one queable game mode, no scoreboard and only 22 heroes with 12 maps?

Let's not even mention that one entire tier of class is unplayable in any kind of serious capacity. Are Blizzdrones really deepthroating Blizzard that much?

Is Harambe a dank meme?

>when you speedboost your entire team out of a mei ult

Anyone got the webm of Symmetra sat next to her teleporter pointing off the map and watching people fall off?

>I was pocket healing my friend
>complains about other people being shit
You were the one bringing your team down

It's very polished and got awesome characters.

I wasn't really interested in D.Va at first, but that "You'll never fuck me" scowl she does during POTG makes me rock hard.

>POTG was Mercy reviving her entire team only get pulled into my Graviton Surge and get destroyed by my Pharah which both got captured on the POTG video
Good feel

Cutest and best pairing

>Death Battle

How utterly sickening

that's how games are nowadays
thanks to consoles we're going backwards instead of forwards
remember when games allowed you to choose what map to play on and didn't punish you for leaving a game in the most casual gamemode available?

>tfw finally got my mechaqueen skin

>Implying Zenyatta isn't dps who occasionally slaps a health orb onto a teammate.

Junkrat has better taste than that

Also use your ice wall to separate the other team on defense maps with major chokepoints (aka the assault maps)
Wait for reinhardt to charge or push forwarf and use your wall to block his team off so your team to kill him
Effective ice walling ensures a constant 1-3 v 6 meaning you should never lose

New skins when

So would you say Mei functions better as a support character to slow the enemy team and allow your team to score kills rather than as a defense hero? I tend to play her as a mid-long range sniper, and I don't do /too/ badly, but her alt fire travel time and fire rate is kind of naff in comparison to true snipers. That said, I usually manage to get the enemy snipers because they don't usually move around all that much.

QUICK DESCRIBE HOW TO PLAY CHARACTERS IN 5 WORDS OR LESS

Same way people didn't mind TF2 launching with only like 6 maps. Strong fanbase and promise of future content to be patched in. Kaplan can go on the forum and talk about how he'd love to introduce a server browser for custom games that would still give normal xp and he gets treated like a god.

Junkrat is causing me flashbacks from Quake 2 grenade launcher guys.

balls in face get tranquil

>25 games played
>0 KotH games
>8 times Eichenwalde
guess which mode I love and which new map I fucking hate

>Placed Plat around 2600
>one of my first games i get 2 Masters on my team
>thought that wasnt possible but dismiss it and focus in the game
>deffense Numbani
>the 2 master fucks pick tracer and genji
>give them sone credit and expect something out of them
>they dont do jack shit
>tell the to pick a healer and a tank
>"shut the fuck up plat shitter dont talk shit to the ones carring you"
>they proceed to keep dieing to Streetpig and Winston
>4mins later we lost
>find put that it doesnt matter how many ranks you lose you keep in your highest league, so these shits hit master once and deranked back to 2600 and are being placed with plats
>3 days later
>Im now diamond and they are still being placed with plats

Feels good man

posted this in the old thread, but has anyone had experience transitioning from console to pc?

As a person with zero pc fps experience, how long does it take to get used to the controls?

No aiming only shitposting

It shouldn't take too long to get used to playing PC FPS. Try playing some other PC FPS to get a feel for it. Even if your current computer is crap it can play something old.

It's also the only skin where she isn't wearing a chestplate. She just hides her relative smallness in the other skins.

Keep your degeneracy out of muh PG game.

Zarya is such a cute ;_;

>2675
>looking at peoples profiles
>s1 rankings ranging from 68 down to fucking 45
>3/4 of games feel like steamrolls one way or the other
>discover pic related
How can this be?

You lose master rank you colossal retard

I can't express how much I hate fighting against this butterface.

Or technically I hate Widowmaker more, but shitters always pick her on attack so she's very easy to avoid

>3200
>look at teammates profiles
>peak rank 54
>peak rank 58
really makes me think

I forgot my picture, I am the colossal retard

Hold M1 the whole game

We are all soldiers now

Why did blizzard nerf end of season points so bad for season 2?

My log finds it's mark

They haven't even announced them yet.

That sounds bad. Also you can get knocked out of masters into diamond

They want golden guns to be SPECIAL and RARE just like the summer games skins.

Reaper: These wooooouuuunds, they wiiiiill not heeeaaaaaaal!

Widowmaker: Not breathing to snipe good.

Zarya: Shoot blue balls and lasers.

Lucio: Keep firing, doot near edge.

Mercy: bandaid mage, okay gun damage

Reinhardt: GREETINGS! CATCHPHRASE! HELLO! CATCHPHRASE! CATCHPHRASE!

AFK, stare at Widowmaker's butt

No, it's a normie meme.

You think thats bad? I am 3905 and I get people who are high 40's from s1 in my team in order to """""balance"""""" the game

>win one game, lose one game
>4 gold in both
>still lower rank than before

HAHAHAHAHA

solo que is suffering

>get a 4 man kill with ult that lets us cap the last point
>potg goes to mercy rezing 3 people and dying
>said 3 people die nearly instantly

Blizzard needs to make a set of genderswapped skins for everyone.

>Widowmaker is fruity as fuck because Blizz can't change the silhouette or basic animations for gameplay reasons
>McCree is now Calamity Jane from the eponymous cartoon
>Soldier:76 is now Soldier:63
>Roadhog has pigtails
>Bastion is exactly the same as the default skin but with a tiny pink bow

They have

>tfw don't give a shit about rankings or anything like that, just play for fun and loot

Source where?

yeah it's fucking pain
literally nobody else uses voice chat even if they are rank 70 and up, it's so fucking hard to do anything

playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20271526

wow how can I be cool like you

>4 golds

Stop this meme. If you want to carry and not just stroke your ego you need to be off the objective getting picks. Let the 5 other retards sit on the point while you get down to business. Anything less and you deserve a loss.

pep pep

I know what i saw mate, it was 3 plat players like me, one diamond and 2 masters on my team, the diamond and master were in a 3 man group by the way, so maybe its related

was 69 last season
placed 2750 this season
can't seem to get into diamond, closest ive been is 2950

im averaging 2 gold + 1 silver +1 bronze every game playing pretty much only zarya but still not ranking up

how are you supposed to rank up solo que post placement? just play 100s of games?

>le medals are worthless meme
This has to fucking stop

Be overweight and play video games in your underwear all day

>Must be grandmaster for a gold weapon

wew lads

>I should be hunting for picks as a tank

climbed solo from 48 to 76 last season
and now climbing solo is fucking impossible
what went wrong