/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online Genera

PAX is over Edition

Elder Thread >Official news

Shadow of the Hist DLC is out! (on consoles now too!)
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/dlc/shadowsofthehist
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/28/update-11-featuring-shadows-of-the-hist-launch-details

One Tamriel/Update12 announced (October):
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/08/23/gamescom-2016-recap-update-12-and-one-tamriel

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)
kinguin.net/es/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=elder scrolls online (some anons have been using it without issues so far)

>Beginner's Guide by Alcast
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBgjvfzMURBzYTSTxMrf480u

>Online lore portal and map
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message (not whisper) @clv or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message (not whisper) @the_kyrox for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>We have a Discord open for every platform:
discord.gg/0zy535yopcQNGH6I

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Can I play X class doing Y role with an Z race?
Yes

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11166586
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FIRST FOR CUTEST ASSASSIN

first for stamina

Curious to see how good /tesog/ is

WHO HERE HAS COMPLETED VMA?

strawpoll.me/11166586

I didn't buy orsinium.

Also rate muh stats Breton Magicka Sorcerer

42k Magicka
780 magicka recovery
18k hp
2500 spell power (it is something like 2495 or something)

Five piece julianos, 2 piece nerienth monster set, three piece arcane willpower with spell power glyphs and a gold destro flame staff.

I'd send a screenshot but maintenance ;_;

Maintance is over

Would do veteran dungeon with/10

New to ESO, is there a reason why this supposedly 207MB patch is showing as a 39gb download on the launcher when I started updating?

Welcome to eighth level of hell, ESO client downloads.

Are you updating trough steam? Also check so that you have the correct version selected and not the PTS (public test version).

been a while since I even thought of this game, have two questions

1. have they implemented a wardrobe/transmog system yet?
2. have they implemented the cross-faction grouping and questing yet?

Not using steam and its not the PTS, its like its downloading the game form scratch again, I only installed the game 2 days had the same 39gb download.

1. They have armor dyes and a wide selection of motifs you can craft in. No actual "transmog".
2. It's coming in october.

Also, I don't understand why Skyrim babies are still throwing a tantrum over the existence of this game.

>tfw never had the launcher work properly since the first day I installed the game
It's either launcher simply fails to launch, null pointer error messages, failed to download patch manifesto, etc.
Always have to use the installer application and go through all the steps to get to the actual launcher working properly

did you actually see them play? I'm pretty sure those dislikes are about that

>tfw never had any issues with the launcher in over a year of playing

Comments reflect otherwise.

It's been that way since the game has launched.

>780 magicka recovery
what the fuck is this?

>42k magicka
Fucking HOW? Stacking buffs?

when does this mysterious vendor that give you undaunted with impen appear and where the hell can I find it?

Invested completely in magicka, bound aegis, inner light, breton passive, light armor passives, full magicka glyphs and food and I get 42k magicka and 18k hp. I'd get more magicka if I my set had more magicka bonuses but it is a spell damage/crit set (julianos)

Dude what.

Bretons have 10% extra magicka and sorcs have 8% extra on top of that due to Bound Aegis. Then you've stuff like inner light giving you 5%.

Who more than 80% chance here?

I just don't have any magicka recovery glyphs. I use dark exchange for quick magicka, it is also a heal so I keep it in my backbar switch to it when I drop below 15k magicka cast it twice and get back to murderin.

10 AM Saturday, Sydney 'Straya time

Don't know what time it is in Burgerland

You can find her in Cyrodiil

Once you are able to install ESO downloading from official site and playing without Steam, can you play more than 2 hours using the launcher and ask for refund?

Don't buy it on steam.

Weekends by the southern Morrowind gate (or your faction's equalliant)

That seems like a lot, as an Imperial I have 31k stam with food with 28 points in HP, assuming he'd have somewhere around 35K magicka before buffs that 13% extra doesn't add up to 42k

yeah dark exchange can be great but in Cyrodiil I think draining your stamina is dangerous

2x sword and shield or destro staff/sword and shield for heavy armor magplar in PvP? no dual wield pls, I don't have time to level that shit to 50

>260ish cp
>doing vRoM for the very first time
>read what to do beforehand
>grouped with cp 350+ people
>nobody explains what to do
>rage and call you an idiot because you died to mighty chudan 1shot me once
>kill it second try
>get to turbolizard
>keep calling me and idiot and telling me how avoiding red circles are basic mechanics
>doing the absolute best I can
>magicka, so I can't dodge that much
>wipe 2nd time when boss at 25%
>vote kicked

I mean, ok. But why you gotta be such dicks and call me mean names :^(

Is the flanking set shit or is it severely underrated?

I'm starting to think the latter. Hitting it from the back never felt better.

having jewelry makes it nice, you can get 2 5-piece bonus that way
it's good until you can get the more expensive/rare stuff

Spoiler it next time almost spooked out of my chair

Why would you even put points into HP? Even as a tank you're better off putting it in stamina or magicka and get 30k health trough enchantments.

Sort of since positioning can make it a bitch. But it's perfectly valid in group dungeon and trials unless the tank is the kind of retard that always back away from enemies.

Bound aegis and power surge on

why not? I've survived by the skin of my teeth with that extra hp and I deal plenty of dps for vet dungeons

Don't worry, the DLC dungeons brings out the worst in people.
At least you weren't THAT guy
> "oh yea I've done it but it was so long ago so could you please explain it to me to refresh my memory :^)"
Like I don't know what you're trying to pull.

How much HP do you have? What level are you?

And what;s your dps?

sorry, I'll try to spoiler this one

i don't know my dps for sure but i managed to get city of ash assassin achievement so i have to be doing something right, right?

Or be in a group with a DD who didn't put his points into health...

I did vCoA with my cp30 friend who just started playing and got him assassin achiev. That doesn't really say much. vCoA does not require a lot of DPS.

Meh, depends. I got the achievement with only 1 dps doing 20k, 1 healer and 1 tank due to a disconnect by the beginning of the dungeon.

You're not shit but more than that can't be said. It obviously also depends on what people consider to be good dps and not, as far as I know there's no standard within the community. I've heard a respectable number is 20k but I dunno how much truth there is to that, I'd figure it's closer to 15k.

>I've heard a respectable number is 20k but I dunno how much truth there is to that, I'd figure it's closer to 15k

People like Alcast upload videos doing ~60k dps, and that sort of skews a lot of peoples perception of what is good dps. 15-20k isn't "good". But it's enough for pretty much most of the games content. If you'd ask me, I'd say that 15-25k on a single target is decent, 25-30k is good and anything above 30k is very good.

Yea it sound fair enough. Not to mention that there's so much around it that matters, at least when running with pugs. I mean you can throw in Molag Kena and have a pretty huge burst and brag about it but if you don't last more than 20 secounds what's the point.

Also maximum dps will be down to the group you playing with and how well they keep you constantly buffed as top dd's don't run any buffs or debuffs, just pure damage.

One Tamriel hits PC on the 5th and the 18th on consoles.

>not named the House of Troubles
It's missing Wrobel though so it's not the complete house.

OP didn't even update with the Patch notes.

>alliance war skill line grind
WHO IN THE FUCK THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO LOCK 2 OF THE BEST SKILLS IN THE GAME BEHIND THIS SHITTY CLUSTERFUCK OF A SORRY EXCUSE FOR "PVP"

Sounds like Wrobel was the one who OPed. He thought he was being slick

>1h/s the pvp experience and how to make endgame pve irrelevant content the patch, hits PC on the 5th and the 18th on consoles.
ftfy

you sound mad, user

Just quit playing pve and do nothing but pvp :^)
They're not hard or tedious if you abandon what the actual game is about.

Why can't we spy teammates damage? Why ZOS forbid that? Are you for or against this kind of addon?

The game is both PvE and PvP. The best PvP gear is locked behind PvE so I ain't even mad.

Because it will lead to people looking down on other peoples DPS and people will keep getting kicked and generally have a harder time obtaining the gear they need to deal decent damage.

But user, its much less tedious to get pvp gear than it is filling those damn lines out

>a day or two of pvp is tedious
>raiding the same fucking trial 50 times a day all day everyday to get that divines and robust pieces is not
pvers everyone, doesn't matter anyway you'll be picking flower next patch.

Pvp is nothing but cancer and will remain cancer. The biggest hurdle for pve is finding a group and then getting lucky. It doesn't actively fuck you over like your beloved minigame.

>Why ZOS forbid that?
Because some insecure baby complained on the forums loud enough and attracted the complaints of other insecure babies.

>Are you for or against this kind of addon?
To be completely honest, I don't know. It may be a good thing in a way, simply because I remember how it was/is in WoW. And because if you're doing pug runs, it doesn't really matter. And if you're doing serious runs as a part of a guild raid team, going for speedruns, etc... it also doesn't really matter, because you know what everybody can do, and you can be sure that they will still post their dps in chat and won't be shy about it.

If anything, it may encourage newer, inexperienced players to do trials, because they know they won't be ridiculed for doing sub par dps.

Then again, if you're struggling with a trial, you know exactly who to replace, if you can see everybody's stats.

somebody needs to make an addon or a program that links the users of it and shares combat telemetry sort of like StarParse for SWTOR

this way casuals are happy and can hide their shit dps, and min/maxers are happy because they see exactly how each member of their team performs in trials and who needs improvement

The FTC addon already have this feature and I use it myself all the time.

> Veteran Maelstom Arena
> 1 in 108 to get what you want
> Not tedious

And that's without mentioning that a lot of people farm Vicious Ophidian to be able to farm Maeltstorm easier.

What's the pvp gear?

I never noticed that learning style motifs gives xp. Just got a champion level while buying unknown motifs for myself.

What's the colour blue?
Nah seriously that's a pretty broad question.

My bad, i got a mag sorc And I want to hear him up for pvp. What should I be looking for?

>buy ESO because apparently YOU CAN BE ANYTHING
>Fuck yea finally I can be a lightning knight, get myself a big 2 handed sword and go fast with lightning magic
>lmao jk not everything is really good
>oh
>resign myself to magicka
>suddenly stamsorcs

Race change and becomes a stam sorc or become a healer

How much better is it to be a Stan sorc vs mag sorc?

If i use alternate start and ignore Helgen and Alduin completely, never triggering the main quest, will Durnehviir still give me his call shout during the Soul Cairn segment of Dawnguard? I want to RP a vampire hunter, and that would really break my immersion.

You're actually viable in pvp. That's how much.

you CAN be anything. they never said it would be effective. either that, l2p, or wait for a patch where your class is op.

>cleared nodeath, no sigil and

The PvP gear can either refer to gear you get trough PvP currency or gear that's popular in PvP.

aren't they the same though

Malacath is Trinimac after being devoured or something by daedra. So really what they need to do is remember the aedra aspects.
Hopefully VI will be about Wrothgar and the orcs

Walk with me

Some orcs claim they are, or rather that Malacath is the reanimatec faeces of Boethia after she ate Trinimac. But some orcs claim that Trinimac is still alive and that Malacath is just a pretender.

Funny thing is that the item description of Trinimac's set say that you to "call down a fragment of Trinimac". This implies that Trinimac is around in one way or another even if it's just as crumbs from when Boethia ate her.

Not that it would be the first time people dabble with an aedras corpse.

>her
When did Trinidad become a girl? Is Akatosh a grill dragonm

If I wear a training set running a dungeon, do I get the bonus if some teammate kill an enemy? Os is it just my kills?

pretty sure yes, I haven't tested it in a dungeon specifically but it seemed to increase exp from kills my group got in the overworld while I healed

They're genderless, aren't they? I'm not going to call them xer if that's what you're asking.

I think the whole genderless thing applies more to Azure, Mephala, Boethia, Nocturnal, Namira, Vaermina, and Meridia all things considered. Malacath and Molag Bal are usually male

>The imbalance between stamina and magicka is caused by maelstorm weapons.
How true is this statement?

Partially, it's a small factor compared to everything else causing the imbalance.

There needs to be a nudie motif. Nothing lewd, just appears that you don't have gear on. Mainly so I can hide those eyesore shoulderpads or go shirtless from time to time without need of shitty costumes.

What would the crafting mat be?

Benis.

So bears, eh?

Why is it so tedious to level nb?