/owg/ - Overwatch General

Competitive Season 2 is now live on PC and Xbox. PS4 gets Season 2 in November.

>Latest Patch Notes
us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20749104703

>Hana Song
gelbooru.com//samples/cc/e1/sample_cce1b654ad72707a6c792aea2351e4da.jpg?3336546

>Official Website
playoverwatch.com

>The Oversheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CPI6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/edit#gid=1751764739/

>Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/0HaMLiu7

>Stats and Leaderboards
masteroverwatch.com
overbuff.com/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>Overwatch DPS Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D4jOtaosiZoM2VA9IjRRPaiMbTTZtPrD1d8mK23DPa0

>The 21 Percenter Club
amomentincrime.com

>Competitive /owg/ Discord
discord.gg/RV5YyjX
archived.moe/vg/thread/151661514/#151662330

HANA SONG HANA LONG
LONGCAT IS LONG

Halloween fucking when? It's already the second week of September and Blizzard hasn't said shit

Jamison Fawkes!

Mei players have no souls

Reminder not to touch soloque for at least another two weeks

why would they mention Halloween any time before october

October.

Crazy, I know.

Why not? Is something wrong with it?

:P

DON'T PLAY C-COMP ALL THE IDIOTS ARE PLAYING IT RIGHT NOW W-WAIT FOR A BETTER RANK.

Ranks aren't balanced right now, you're liable to get people in plat who are really silver

Reapfield is the best cat

I already did my placement matches >,< is there any way to redo them? I got placed in bronze

>why would they mention Halloween any time before october
Because it starts in September?

how is your climb going owg?

kinda proud of myself of going soloq only

Autism

Dad joke time.

>he doesn't know about longcat
lawl newfag is new

When I grow up... I want to be a big guy like Reinhardt.

anyone want to queue ranked with me
i play d.va and i'm SR 2556 or something

Good job!!

Been playing like garbage this season since I hardly played at all between the seasons because qp is cancer.

Stuck around 3100sr, but I'm sure I can get to masters. Last season I got to 71 so I'm not too worried.

Is there actually someone who enjoys hanamura?

Nobody will care about who you are until you put on a mask.

sure, add me!
I'm transgendered and I have a mic if you want to ERP while we play rank
NA Azzurra#11827

Reinhardt isnt that big hes just muscular and his suit makes him look taller than he really is

>Get in fight with bf while playing a placement match because he didn't get me sweet and sour sauce for my spicy nuggets
>Screaming
>Forgot I had my headset in and everyone could hear

We did win so I guess it's not as embarassing as if we had lost.

Is Widowmaker a boy or a girl? I am confuzzled :/

Girl nobody needs to know you're a tranny. Just keep it a secret like me and get boys to carry you.

This is for you

i got placed at 3100 and found it hard to break over 3300 for a while

since ranked is still undistributed properly, the level of play ramps up really hard the closer you get to the masters bracket

>I'm transgendered
>ed
Obvious bait, -ed isn't used by trans people, try harder

Mei players.

This is pretty much the same with me, but I also don't heal chucklefucks that massively over-extend.
For example: Defenders that stand on the payload on Route 66 etc. you know blatantly retarded moves like that.

I've seen mtfs use the wrong terminology plenty.

Girls are just stupid

>duoqueue friend calibrated at Diamond rank
>can't play with him during calibration matches and the only other friends regularly playing didn't even make it past rank 60 in S1
Is solo queue cancer around Diamond or should I just chug through all 10 of my placement matches in row?

>Reinhardt isnt that big
Whatever you say dude

Got to diamond and lost motivation. I feel I could make master as I was 70 last season but solo queue isn't that fun and I don't get that much out of the grind.

At least in QP it doesn't matter if we lose because of dumb picks or noob mistakes like feeding.

T b h I've been playing more starbound

Yeah I figured. Plus I can't wait for the people who don't deserve to be in diamond to fall out. Last season half way through most people were pretty similarly skilled once I hit 70.

Last season at the start was a shit show I remember as well and I had difficulty around 58 because some people were truly awful.

girls with penises are qt as fuck desu senpai

>Reinhardt isnt that big

You don't fall out of diamond.
You fall to 3000 but you don't fall below.

>join qp game
>4 mercys
>back out

>join next qp game
>3 hanzos and a widow
>back out

>join game
>payload is pushed to the last part and your team is defending and getting rolled over
thanks

Sorry I meant I can't wait for them to fall out of my MMR bracket so I don't have to play with boosted shitters.

Any news of Maebbie recently? Will he try getting rank 1 in S2 too?

Imp/Devil are trans characters. Note the smaller breasts and obvious bulge.

you actually do, the SR drops but it will show the diamond icon

I went on a huge win streak now I'm getting fucked, just....

p u f f y v u l v a

he got v& irl a couple of weeks ago

>Genji players are still insufferable faggots
>Hanzo is back too

become local black man, contest point, get 4 golds, turn up the beat

lol but I'm a white nationalist

So I'm still in casual matches, where Zarya is nowhere to be seen, but apparently she's very popular in competitive play?

What does high level Zarya look like?

>bulge

Breasts are obvious but how you manage to see that

>start queue for competitive
>alt-tab because long queues
>zenyatta was on main screen, absentmindedly mute comp due to loud balls
>entirely miss getting placed into game and get kicked as AFK
fuck me

>be practicing Widowmaker in qp because why the fuck not
>getting kills with potshots and finishing off weak enemies
>accuracy is horrible i can barely hit anything
>got three consecutive kills in succession but i was missing a lot in the process
>get potg
>hands start to sweat
>potg made me look like i had parkinson's
>"lol terrible aim you got lucky"
>remain silent

Widowmaker is probably the only hero i don't ever want to get a potg with.

>tfw you think you chose quickplay and it was ranked
Attack hanzo on Anubis was alot better than i thought. Easy game, easy golds.

Buy the frog skin and pretend you're playing as Deadmau5's cousin

i think we could all agree on this

As someone who's decent at Zarya, she's just not fun to play in casual unless I feel like tryharding. I played her for about 30 hours while learning in qp, but my other ~40 hous have been all comp.

I know everyone says they lost becuase of the rest of the team, but seriously, what can you as Lucio when the team is not doing shit?

>nerf ana

The rest is fine

Just Ana needs a buff more than anything.

Zarya is a christmas tree in high levels.
This is a fact. The only time her lights turn off is when she's dead or running towards objective from spawn.

Stop what you are doing now. Everyone hates you. You get one good Hanzo game and think you're good as hell as Hanzo. Then you keep playing him and thinking "oh that was just a bad game, the next will be great again." Finally you end up aas that faggot Hanzo main who never changes and doesn't do shit.

They ball up in teamfight and you can't even target her because she's hiding behind her shielded party even when she's not shielded herself. You get pulse bombs in the face while the Genji fucks your shit up, and she started the game with 60 energy charge because she put a shield on Pharah at spawn and she shot at her own legs and that counts as damage and it charges her energy.

That's what I've seen when I got shitstomped. Also she had a golden weapon.

What about the others?

I want Widowmaker to forcefeed me her blueberries!

Racism belongs on /b/

global 6 - quality of posts

>nerf mercy
they did that and she became nonviable

>put on blindfold
>put in earplugs
>walk into traffic
>die
fuck me

>join QP
>buddy and hsi shit stain buddy trying to be kooky

fuck this garbage ass game.

>buffing Genji
Guess how I know you are a Genji main that tells everyone to "just git gud he's supposed to be strong."

is old hanzo with huge hitboxes better than current faster projectile/movement?

Fresh OC right off the presses!

t. genjipro

Have a (You) and a webm.

So what rating is considered good now?

you have to go through like 10 garbage QP games to get 1 good one.

BAKA.

HOW TO BALANCE BASTION

>reduce sentry mode dps
>increase recon mode dps

That's literally fucking it. It would make him less "trash nerds so hard" tier at low levels because players won't be able to do 8000 dps against players as they run into a line of fire like dipshits, and it would make him less "literally useless outside of turret mode" at high levels.

When played by good players in high mmr games, Bastion is meant to be played a lot more mobile. Go turret mode in a decent flank position (a blind spot or something), get some kills, then change positions. If you don't change positions, you're unlikely to get even one kill unless your team is defending you. Problem is, in his current form, the process of changing positions is equally as risky as just staying put because his recon mode is complete trash at high levels. With these changes, staying in permanent turret mode won't be anywhere near as efficient and positioning yourself in advantageous locations will be an important aspect of Bastion's playstyle, so he would actually have something resembling a skill ceiling.

As for specific numbers to increase/decrease, I got nothing. That's something that would need to be tested and felt around. But imo the primary issue with his kit is addressed with the general changes I've described.

Haha I liked it. Saved

>Try to take this game serious
>This happens

NICE ONE, DAD.

>Going 2-1 winning
>3 quitters

What

>Play Zarya, bubble a D.Va
>She boosters away/throws out DM
>Play D.Va, booster in front of friendly retreating Zarya to take the heat after self-bubble is on CD
>Recieve no bubble

me ooga

You are dumb. His huge hitbox will always prevent him to be viable in recon mode.

>tfw mercy main

There needs to be harsher punishment for people who leave right at the end. Like anyone who leaves during overtime or when the payload is close to the point, gets penalty. It must also happen after the first or second time otherwise it won't do anything.

>avoided reaper at start because of his character and because I'm typically bad at close range shooting
>go reaper one game because the enemy tanks are being annoying
>fucking chew through them like paper
fuck me, Reaper's pretty fun
>quiet walks along flanks to pop some fucker in the back of the head
>fun drops into the middle of the enemy to ult
>chilling outside a Mei cryo to absolutely ruin her
I've been playing him a lot more often recently, he's pretty neat

How is stating I'm a white nationalist racist?

>win game, gain 20 points
>lose game, drop 50 points

WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING
I HAD ALL GOLDS

>play zarya
>enemy team can't hit shit
>hardly any energy

Feels bad man

What kind of YouTube videos would you be interested in seeing from a decent OW player? I'm a gril but I really, really don't want that to be my main value.

>win on eichenwalde attack
>enemy hanzo says some shit like "lol no wonder we lost... 2 idiots on this team were rank 38 last season"
>nigga went out of his way to inspect his teammates' previous comp records because he lost on quickplay
>tell him to shut up retard
>next 2 games he tries to incite me and victimize me by talking call of duty-tier trash when i die or if our team loses
>at the very end, he starts calling me what he thinks is my last name to seem intimidating
>he just googled my bnet username, found my steam profile, and assumed the name in my steam profile url was my last name

haha what the fuck

dr ziegler, im blackwater

This is true for now, but after like a month anything under master will be scrub tier.
Every platinum shitter will eventually wintstreak to diamond.

you sucking dick desu

Look son, 5 golds for
-2600 damage
-8 eliminations
-4 obj kills
-780 damage healed
-and 20 seconds of obj time
are still 5 golds, but they only mean that among a pile of shit you only were the least shitty.