/shmupg/ - Shmup General

Cave-san edition!

This general is for discussing all shmups/stgs (shoot 'em ups/shooting type games).

Previous thread: Need something to play? Check this out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s

Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

>RECENT RELEASES:

Mecha Ritz Steel Rondo
store.steampowered.com/app/463070

Ke-Tsu-No-Ana
store.steampowered.com/app/472830

RefRain
store.steampowered.com/app/435970/

Shmups Skill Test
store.steampowered.com/app/430290/

WITCH-BOT MEGLILO:
store.steampowered.com/app/437020/

>UPCOMING RELEASES:

Blue Revolver
bluerevolvergame.com/

Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia

iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/

DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu
cave.degicagames.com/

>Don't forget to vote!
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194

Other links
STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

/Shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/Ffmqz
youtube.com/watch?v=GO-ItWttmnc
gusyphus.wordpress.com/2016/09/06/first-blog-post/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Dodonpachi Daioujou!

Welcome back, Nep poster

Thanks, man.

They're both at
Trigger Time 2
Interval 12

Is that alright? I wonder if I fucked something up at some point back when I bought this when it came out.

>Bullet Heaven HD thread locked on farm

I suggest playing around with them to see what you find to be the best, but mine are set at

>Rapid Shot
Trigger Time: 2
Interval: 3

>Rapid Full Auto
Trigger Time: 1
Interval: 2

>when you get meme'd on and don't know how to react

Managed to nearly break 5000 chips on stage 3 in a run and even got 3400 chips in stage 4. I'm getting really consistent at the early stages but I keep making silly mistakes on stage 5. Maybe I'll grind stage 5 for a while so that I'll stop doing anything stupid.

Think i've burnt out on guwange lads, what shall i play next? Thinking of maybe Air gallet.

go win the eschatos contest

Don't have it, not sure my archaic shit box will even run it.

My 4 year old laptop can run it, no reason not to try it out.

I love shmups!

Do a superplay of Boogie Wings.

Not him, but that's such a great game. I need to work on a 1cc of it some time.

Very underrated, one of the best vidya experiences I've had the pleasure of sitting through tbqh.

Good luck with that 1cc user, the rank system might have something to say about that

>Boogie Wings
Just youtubed it, looks pretty cool

I take it I can expect the scoring run on my desk by Sunday 4PM sharp Mr. user?

maybe but probably not, I think either air gallet or sokyugurentai will be next for me.

>Think i've burnt out on guwange lads
Fucking casual piece of shit. Don't even start unless you're going to go all the way.

Thing is mate my pb now is 64mill and to beat it is going to take some favourable rng+no missing+good milks and honestly i'm not sure i care anymore. Soukyugurentai is awesome and it seems unsurprisingly no one in the west has pushed it at all, to busy sticking to the trendy shit.

I'm gonna pick up Guwange.
Off I go, expect ragequit and DROPPED within 45 minutes.

Hello, /shmupg/. Did you do something good in a shmup today like I told you to?

No, I haven't played a shmup in weeks! Without Casper Mushimaniac DETERMINATION streams how does anyone motivate themselves to play?

I got an Espgaluda 1cc now I gotta find another babby game to clear

The entire account is deleted.

I practiced

I streamed some Zangeki Warp, and I'm currently routing out what powerups I'm going to get at which levels.

>babby game
I need one of those. Is Espgaluda really that easy?

>I got an Espgaluda 1cc now I gotta find another babby game to clear
esprade is a good next stop, it's a bit harder than galuda.

>Is Espgaluda really that easy?
Yes, some say the last boss is hard but it isn't really.

Yes it, Mushi original and Dodonpachi are the easiest Cave games I've played. The final boss is a bit of a difficulty spike but it's not hard to get to him with like 5 extra lives so it's no big deal.

Really? I found DonPachi to be quite a bit easier than DDP.

Oh right forgot about that. Deathsmiles is easy too apparently but I've never played it

Deathsmiles is the only CAVE game I've 1cc'd and I suck shit at shooters. Gonna try Espgaluda and give the first two Donpachi games a try, I remember them getting pretty fucking nuts in later stages.

Calm your pissjugs. Not everyone wants to make video games their day job.

Right, so apparently one of the main reasons Ser had that meltdown was because he and his wife/girlfriend/whatever are getting kicked out of their house due to mounting debt.

>spend thousands of dollars on equipment for your bullet hell youtube show
>go homeless because nobody give a shit about shmups
nicely memed

So when you guys talk about these games being easy, you're not referring to Ultra mode (or in the case of DeathSmiles, Lv.999), right?

Am I a weirdo for refusing to play on lower difficulties?

That's some real shit, but no reason to start "deleting" your posts on a shmup board. I feel like lashing out would be a beating your wife/girlfriend/whatever and go into the deepest k-hole for a while.

>when have no 1cc some of cave games

word

Source?

>>spend thousands of dollars on equipment for your bullet hell youtube show
>>go homeless because nobody give a shit about shmups
>nicely memed
I feel bad for laughing but jesus what kind of idiot makes a sure fire failed investment to the point of crippling debt like that?

The topic came up in irc

When you consider that the show has been going for years, it's unlikely that's the cause of his financial issues. A few years to pay off at most 2 grand is nothing.

discord.gg/Ffmqz cream's discord

He could always branch out into doing mobage reviews.

is this the group of scorers she surrounds herself with?

>Am I a weirdo for refusing to play on lower difficulties?
Absolutely not, but for clowns like me I gotta start somewhere.

Nah user it's good, we're talking about the bare minimum because we are casuals.

muh top secret circle of stg scorers that you're not allowed in

I got to stage 7 in Hellsinker!
And attempted to 1cc 1st loop of DDP DOJ BL. It went terrible - probably because I didn't practice at all for some time, but still.

Are you sure you don't just want to see more of Casper in skimpy swimsuits? Well, I guess if that's what motivates you to play... I really should stream more though.

Well congratulations on that. Deathsmiles is commonly referred to as the easiest Cave game, maybe consider that.

>Am I a weirdo for refusing to play on lower difficulties?
Kinda. It depends on how good you are. If you can't handle the higher difficulties then you should be playing on something lower. Unless of course you're masochistic enough to let the higher difficulties kick your ass mercilessly until you do improve enough to be able to handle it, but I can't really vouch for how effective that approach would be for getting better at shmups.

Practice makes perfect! Well maybe not perfect but you'll get where you're trying to go eventually!

>tfw Harry doesn't respond to me
sudoku time

Deathsmiles isn't even fun to play at level 1 though. You ought to at least kick it up to level 2.

What's the "survival" route through Deathsmiles? I remember the 360 manual telling you the easiest 1cc route for most extra lives.

Also Mecha Ritz is surprisingly easy to 1cc because it dumps freakish amounts of extra lives on you. That said the rank scales from 1 to 999 so people who are good at the game can certainly ask it to get tougher.

Didn't mean to quote that

>It depends on how good you are.
Not true at all, top class players pick lower difficulties all the time. If it has deep scoring then 1CC difficulty doesn't mean anything.

In fact typing that out makes me now aware that the lower difficulties in Mushi Futari have higher skill ceilings than the highest difficulty mode.

mushi futari is different because every mode has different scoring
other games with difficulty modes tend to have the same scoring system on every difficulty

No it goes for any game with deep scoring and multiple difficulties. There are people playing Crimzon Clover, DaiFukkatsu and SaiDaioujou on the lower difficulties and scoring as high as they can for example. I am sure there are more. Possibly even Deathsmiles but I don't know that game.

I think Deathsmiles doesn't have people who score on difficulties below Lv3 (which roughly corresponds to Mushi maniac w/o suicide bullets anyway), but there are people who score it skipping the EX stages, which I guess would be the closest analogy I can make here.

>Also Mecha Ritz is surprisingly easy to 1cc because it dumps freakish amounts of extra lives on you. That said the rank scales from 1 to 999 so people who are good at the game can certainly ask it to get tougher.
At high ranks it gets insanely fast

Is this better?

Personally I'd say B-1, C-2, C-1, A-2 in that order on Level 3, and then do A-1 and B-2 in that order in Level 2. In other words, Forest, Volcano, Lake Shore, Graveyard in that order on Level 3, then Port Town and Swamp Wastes on Level 2.

If memory serves this route will get you two 1/2-lifeup cakes (one from Volcano and one from Graveyard) and one extra bomb (from the car on Swamp Wastes), while also avoiding Death Mode. Actually I don't remember if the car in Swamp drops a bomb or lifeup cake, but either way.

I do NOT recommend the route listed in the 360 manual because it suggests doing every stage on Level 3. While that would indeed result in I believe four 1/2-lifeup cakes (as opposed to two in my route), it would also mean playing five stages on Level 3, thus triggering Death Mode and making Hades Castle way more difficult. I don't think that the two extra 1/2 lifeup cakes are worth it.

Of course top class players can pick lower difficulties if they want to, but I can't see that working in reverse, which the user I originally quoted seemed to be implying. If your ability isn't up to par with the hardest difficulty, then you may want to play lower difficulties instead.

And I was speaking mostly in terms of 1CC difficulty as the original post/reply chain seemed to imply the subject was about.

Indeed, Deathsmiles doesn't seem to have separate categories for sub-Level 3 scores (official or fanmade). Officially, the only differential is whether or not EX was chosen (there'll be a little icon on the actual score in the arcade game, and in the ports there are leaderboard filters for such), however some fan-leaderboards may also differentiate between activating Death Mode or not.

alright so here's why Perfect Cherry Blossom is the best game ever made

-native input lag without vpatch to appeal to the skilled and the hardcore
-programmed slowdown
-can configure the controls to behave like shot/laser in cave (keyboard warriors dont even know this exists)
-session length on a scoring run the same as as a good, proper 2-loop cave game, and as we all know 40-50 minutes is the ideal length of a -real- shmup -- insightful depth of design to make the game actually hardcore by ZUN (arcade initials)
-PErfect cherry blossom abbreviates to PCB and every arcade gamer knows he wants the PCB
-which is why the arcade god ISO (arcade initials) played it and you should too

best game
i'll do few runs right now

>and you should too
Right when ZUN brings to Steam

why won't I stop

I don't pay attention to anything but the bare minimum of score until I can 1cc.

So as a result I never care about score. ;_;

Imperishable Night is better.

Subterranean Animism is better.

What is Cave's next port going to be?

dodonpachy resarrection

I'm hoping it's Futari, but it's most likely going to be Akai Katana or SDOJ.

all good points desu

Depends on how they want to play it. I can imagine them releasing Futari, Deathsmiles IIX, and SDOJ in sequence next, or going with different series like Ketsui or Espgaluda.

Actually, keeping up with the trend that they're just doing PC ports of the 360 ports, I might put my bets on the former scenario a bit more.

>thinking there will be more ports when the ones out sold like shit and everyone complains about how shitty they are
LOL

Pretty much this. Their next port will be Tokyo Port to dump off the remains of their office supplies into to the water. Shmups sell as well as shit in a sewage treatment plant and at least a quarter of the people around here brag about pirating them to begin with. As a quick and very rough look at the popularity of these games in the west:

From Jaimers YouTube channel

1. Undertale No Hit boss compliation 1,262,061 views.
2. Double Dealing Character 1cc 105,602 views
3. Futari Ultra All Clear 9,010 views.
4. DDP DFK Black Label all clear 6,330 views.

I hope it's ketsui

am i a fag for really really wanting this

>am i a fag
Yes.

shumpfags btfo the fuck out

fuck you leather girl

youtube.com/watch?v=GO-ItWttmnc

mwee

I'm hoping Dangun Feveron is brought to PC as well.

So, I just bought a ls-32-01 to put in my HRAP4 Kai. Will I be able to just install it with no issues or will I need a different kind of mounting plate?

not sure man. take two minutes and open it up. it didn't fit in my hrap4 vx-sa

gusyphus.wordpress.com/2016/09/06/first-blog-post/

Is this the Evangelion of western superplayer autobiographies?

mental illness

This. It's literally 10x too long for me to even think about reading.

Go post your link on the shmup forum Gus maybe someone there will care.

I read it, it can be summarized as:
>i'm a bad person because i was selfish and kept my house to myself instead of sharing it with a grasshopper

try to be a bit more succinct and not get caught up in self indulgent waffling.

2deep4me

Bump

Did you try single loop version of DOJBL?

>can you dodge this homeboy?

What would you do /shmupg/?