EVs

Go test drive an EV or rent one.

Once you have driven a modern EV. You will go back to your gasoline car and wish it was electric. You'll think your car's throttle response times are all school bus slow compared to a LEAF's(a fucking leaf).

You'll wonder if your car was always that loud, after being in an EV.

Every little vibration from the gasoline engine will be noticed negatively by you.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence#History_and_origins_of_the_phrase
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>he doesn't enjoy that diesel knock and tarbo roar
Normies pls.

you're next.

battery ev buses with 250 mile ranges are already out.

I can't get a beater electric car with 35+ mpg for $800 though

LEAFs off lease are going for $13000 at dealerships.

1-2 cents per mile operational cost

That ain't a bus. That's a semi truck.

Kek, good luck finding a battery that can move 80,000lbs for 20hrs a day and not add overall weight to the truck.

Remember, with team drivers a lot of these trucks barely stop running and are doing 1000mi+ a day.

Or just go drive a golf cart
Same thing desu

>800
>13000
16.25 times the price mate, electric vehicles aren't just something you can buy off craigslist and slam around the field for shits and giggles.

I have a flowmaster exhaust. Yes its that loud, no need to wonder.

I also have been in a Model S. Its eery as fuck having no engine noise and rumble.

>with America's infrastructure and budget
There's a reason we are limited to 80,000lbs without permits. Lots of shit needs to get fixed before they could build stuff like that. Plus it would take decades for owners to fit their trucks with the equipment or transition to new trucks.

well we need to stop spending money on bombing brown people on the other side of the planet.

Done. My father has a 2015 ford C-max energi. Feels like a slow, heavy car. My 2003 Camry with the 4 cylinder is much more fun and responsive to drive, still shifty though.

*shitty. Fuck my auto correct

C max

So a hybrid with an undersized motor.

Go drive a leaf.

> electric vehicles aren't just something you can buy off craigslist and slam around the field for shits and giggles.

wut

>vibrations
>noise
>throttle response
Sounds like you don't want to drive

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence#History_and_origins_of_the_phrase

I know a few LEAF owners and all they want is for someone to sell them a new battery pack every 8-10 years.

so they can get the improvements in capacity, heat tolerance, and life span. while their otherwise low maintenance EV remains the same.

yet nissan won't sell them just a battery. because it messes with the sales cycle.

leaf doesn't have the tork though

if you want "oh shit this feels quick and its cheep", get a chevy spark EV. fucking FOUR HUNDRED foot pounds of torque on that little bitch

2011-2012 LEAFs had more torque.

nissan removed some torks because drivers were wearing out the low rolling tires quickly and it helps give better range.

later LEAFs are still no slouch. Just have it in D and keep Eco turned off. Stop the pedal and the car will move enough to push you into the seat back.

actually i keep forgetting this thing exists because chevy isn't pushing it nearly as hard as they should

it's 200 miles of range and sub 7 to 60 for 35 grand, a model 3 but less beta test and you can actually buy one this year instead of three years from

i REALLY hope they make some performance trims which take off a little range for a lot more power delivery

Nissan was supposed to have out a 200 mile LEAF and an Infinity EV. Though they have just dropped all new EV products and no one knows why. The most I can figure out with some other people in the EV industry. Is that the profit margin on the curreny LEAF has finally got good. So they will just keep selling 26 kwh LEAFs until they lose market share.

Im scared its gonna flop again. Almost zero advertising vs the model 3. So many normies/brand whores pre ordered the model 3 so that may take a big bite out of potential sales.

its weird because the volt has excellent word of mouth advertising, people love that thing, and the bolt is a volt but without the gas bits making it even more reliable and straightforward

in fact the big advantage GM has is existing presence so they CAN dumb shitloads inter advertising. Make it to be this responsible little lukewarm hatch you can blast around all day and pay fuck-all in upkeep costs, it'll probably even lease for dirt cheap too

Volt owners I know use like 1 tank of gas a year.

What I think it is, that GM secret wishes the hybrid and EV things would just go away. So they can go back to high profit SUVs.

GM is known for being complacent to the point of self harm.

If they had made it look less hideous it would have done a lot better, I'm sure. I mean... maybe they think that they aren't competing with Tesla, but it's an EV in the same price range as the Model 3. And Tesla is the EV that consumers seem to want.

>buses
>go no faster than 15 MPH before someone requests a stop
>Sharqueesha McAdams taking up the handicapped seats and Abuelita with 9 screaming kids running around
>trash everywhere
>20 minutes late
>driver taking sweet, sweet time

go fuck yourself.

i dunno, they put a lot of effort into the volt and it's helping their image a lot, eventually everyone is going to HAVE to go full ev or mostly ev

i'll tell you what though, whoever makes the first compact EV crossover with a 200 mile range for 35 grand will win big time

i wish the Jolt was real ;_; . It was a marketing guy's thesis or something but it was this funky looking coupe with cadillac-tuned suspension on the Bolt chassis with a sub 5 0-60
FUCKING DO IT CHEVY YOU FUCKS

they haven't made a profit on the Volt yet.

The winner is the first company that can get a LEAF out for a Mirage price. No one, not even Americans, really drive more than 90 miles a day. so a $13000 car with 1 penny or less per mile operating cost, is going to clean up.

90 miles isn't enough for consumers though, even though it statistically is enough, they feel like they need 200 to be comfortable.

heck i wouldn't bother making an EV with a range less than 150

90% of the people drive under 90 miles 90% of the time.

It is more economical to own an EV, rent a gasoline car for those occasional long trips, or fly, than it is to own a gasoline car all the time.

yes, i agree and that is correct BUT people don't actually want that, its a buyer perception thing with psychology mixed in and it's dumb but if you want to get an EV sold you can't ignore it

well, if Musk gets the other 5/6ths of his massive battery plant built. The price on lithium cells should drop considerably.

Is this how /g/ raids us?

>normies

>A FUCKING LEAF

Nah, /g/ would be shilling self-driving cars instead. Or at least neo-/g/ would.

Can the new leaf's still do >35mph in reverse? Last timeI drove one there seemed to be no limiter, but I ran out of parking lot to try.

Saw this one at the Tesla shop today.

EV shills going all out

there's a big of an underdog feels associated with them

underdog? it's generally acceptable they are the future. hardly the underdog.

I still don't understand why there's still no EVs in D1. I mean, with that torque and throttle response they should be kings of going extremely sideways.

Why doesnt Testla try to be a real car company? They'll never top JD Power Initial Quality Survey so why even try? Hyundai is so much better anyway

>EV
>Laptime machine, stomp it and tear up the corners if you want a good time
>Mechanical vehicle
>Even legal speeds and driving styles can be enjoyable

They'd make fun of us for liking mechanical transmissions and then go back to getting trolled by windows/mac users who don't think you should even be able to configure a text editor

>BUT MUH VIM/EMACS

Some guy with a model S drifts it

It's probably unpopular because they're too expensive and crumble when crashed.

>mfw drive a RWD V8
>mfw throttle response is never an issue
>mfw quiet at idle and low throttle because stock exhaust
>mfw glorious V8 roar at WOT
>mfw EV cucks don't get to enjoy fun like this

>$CURRENT_YEAR
>having "fun"

still too spendy to make an EV drift missile and also most stock Evs have super aggressive traction control precisely because they'd be so easy to drift without it

>It's probably unpopular because they're too expensive and crumble when crashed.
Also watching a car go sideways and only hearing the tyres screeching is odd. I never realized how much the noise of the combustion engine added to the event.

but what about the environment?

>Bash

Algol is so dated. I linked /bin/sh to python.

autos are like 22% of emissions, and with cats it's mostly carbon dioxide, which is "threat level: low" outside of political diatribes if you're willing to spend money/forced labor on recapture projects. all that carbon in fuel came from the atmosphere in the first place.

if the majority of normies used EVs it would be negligible for enthusiasts to hoon even without cats

just make a law that crushes the vast majority of shitboxes or discourages ownership (like owners being legally mandated to maintain and upgrade the vehicle) so normies flock to shit like the leaf and enthusiasts are gold

and then you have self driving cars which only work at full capacity when they're the only thing on the road - the real threat to freedom of movement and freedom in general

>when the law is made:
>we're sure the police will use appropriate discretion, some of these illegal things aren't that big of a deal, but we should be able to arrest some people for them
>fast forward 100 years
>government controlled vehicles should be the fastest things available in case you break the law which is the divine right that everyone most follow to the letter. you want freedom? walk.

okay first it's Tesla not "Testla"
second what does JD Power have to do with anything? No one is really sure what JD Power's surveys mean..

They maintain a list of companies that are good at offering bribes

I was just reading about the Spark EV. Incredible how I've never heard of it until today. It's not quite super affordable but it seems like a fun little car.

>Incredible how I've never heard of it until today.
Every non-tesla EV ever

The auto industry wants you to think every EV is equipped with tesla botnetâ„¢ technology, to be desu senpai.

brand new they're kinda meh for the price, but used for 15k it's a little scamp that's got way too much torque than it has any right to.

it's funny how the gas version of the spark is a gutless piece of garbage and the EV version is actually good

Got a chance to drive a mini-E for a week a few years ago when BMW was showcasing them. The entire back of it was the battery and other related stuff so it was essentially a 2 seater, but that car was insanely fun. Literal lightning quick throttle response and mad acceleration. I liked it a lot. I asked the BMW rep how much it would cost to buy if it was for sale and he said $80k. Lol....

I'd love to have 100% EV but they're too expensive.