/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

ELBST

>Patch 3.4 Preview
forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/303044-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-XXXI-Update-Thread

>Patch 3.38 notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/e4b6631397ff961d32d63a6a5b275bb2bbd2382d

>The Rising (August 27th-September 12th)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2016/The_Rising/

>Youkai Watch x FFXIV Event. (July 26th-October 3rd)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2016/youkai-watch/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells:
pastebin.com/raw/p88PqskL

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7zJa6FB5crk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

xth for being PURE

First for c@bois are fags and lalas are pedos.

>mfw play on balmung for 2 years
>browse thread for 2 years
>think that everyone who is in a 'relationship' in xiv are just really good friends and that the drama is just one big meme
>mfw today realize these people are dead fucking serious when it comes to liking and 'dating' another man over the internet

nth for being SOFT and lewd

Male characters are not allowed!

I am depressed. Do you know what it means?

I will come here, start posting/spamming/avatarfagging off topic shit en masse for the next few hours. Let us begin!

So lonely...want to hug someone...

People who like futas are also fags

The ebin orbiters are much worse:

>me and this other person somewhere in the world play the same MMO
>I don't know them IRL
>we're not online friends
>we don't even play on the same server
>this game, the one detail we have have in common, we don't ever play together
>but I know their character by name
>I follow them on social media platforms to be informed of their daily activities
>I loyally defend them against any criticism
>they don't even know I exist

If this describes you in any way, please kill yourself. I can't imagine how desperately empty and lonely a person's life has to be such that they reach this point of blind grasping at the idea of having a friend in this world.

Nah, like.
Fuck off.
Tunnel Snakes rule!

kys stinky

xth for lewding SOFT members.

xth for males

Meria said she won't post for a whole week now, report the whore if she breaks her promise.

The person you like says they like you but wont be with you if you dont change your gender or race ingame. Is this a dealbreaker or indicator of future problems? Y/N

You cannot stop me.

enraged frogposter does not have any reading comprehension

If you MUST post your disgusting male, at least post them in swim trunks.

i wish i could report you as well

Means they don't give a shit about you but only care for your virtual avatar.
Which basically is every grown man relationship here.

Mods will hopefully stop you. You need a break.

they aren't the kind of people you want to associate with

What makes that even better is that they took accuracy off the 3.0+ healer gear, so you know that it must not be very difficult for them to take a value out of their dice-rolling program, or however their computer magicians come up with gear stats. It would be easy for them to take it out of the running for gear. Guess they wanted to preserve the illusion of itemization, but then you also get retards like my co-tank in LotA last weekend who had like 4 or 5 pieces of gear fully melded with parry.

PURE IS IN TURMOIL
AGAIN

Post house!

I can give you a hug, but I actually find your character repulsive looking, I don't exactly know why.

Because every single substat right now with the exception of Spell Speed for BLM and a tea spoon of Skill Speed for DRG/WAR.
Critical Hit is too good and they design substat allocation around it primarily

what happened

Red flag. If they care more about the character than the person then its a no go. Having preferences for RP/ERP is fine to acknowledge, but an ultimatum like that is fucked

I miss Selzh

Masha cheated on me with the entire FC. Everyone is complicit

That can be arranged.
I was asleep for a good 6 hours dude.
That's not actually them, I'm pretty sure they're asleep.

Oh boy if you think his character is repulsive, you haven't seen him in real life

Actually his personality and nature are just as repulsive

It's a repulsive mess all around

>fishing to level up my cul
>not high enough gathering to catch legendary fish
>as a joke to myself I mooch a storm rider
>I actually hooked the legendary fish within 2 minutes of my sitting at this spot
haha very funny I'll kill you

>ERP drama

Please, kill yourself. I can't possibly emphasize enough the importance that you all kill yourselves.

now take a selfie with your lizardboyfriend, both with swim trunks

Are you misinterpreting whats being said?

No sluts, please..

I do what I want

>posts like this are ok when it's a female lizard/cat/someone i'm thirsting after/not a male

Post butt and I will be forever grateful

He doesn't like going out of his way for screenshots, also we're not dating, sorry.

You can, user.
I just did.

Yeah, Parry is fucked to shit and useless as a defensive stat, even if you operate under the assumption that an RNG chance to reduce physical-only damage by 20% is worthwhile in the first place. They could probably double or even triple the effect it has and it still wouldn't be particularly strong.

If you take away the assumption that RNG-based mitigation is worthwhile (because it isn't, unless it's 'free'), though, then it's just fundamentally broken, so they need to put some offensive component on it to make the defensive part 'free'.

No, it doesn't make any fucking sense. The closest two things I can think of to an explanation are 1) They know that their itemization options fucking suck and don't want to reduce the pool of secondaries they can choose by 20%, even if one of them is garbage, or 2) There's someone on the team who is just adamant about how you should be able to make your tank more tanky, and he doesn't care whether the game's actual math or gameplay supports that (basically an OF poster). Both of which are fucking dumb, for pretty obvious reasons.

Post screens of male bonding with shirts off.

Why did you cuck Alice?

Oh no, what a disgusting, muscular male.
Don't you dare post any more! I really really hate males which is why I have been posting against them so much.

please not that hair

Sugi 2.0

Need a shirtless and pantless pic now.
Asking for a friend.

I thought it was absolutely fucking stupid how the devs removed accuracy from healer gear since the expansion just because they didn't want casuals to feel forced to DPS or some other related bullshit. I'm glad they're changing that in 3.4, even though they should've kept it since it was a thing since 2.2.

Reworked, removed...parry is the most useless piece of trash substat in this entire game. I'm just glad I'm stockpiling manifestos so I can exchange them for tank gear that isn't utter horseshite.

Post more of that cute highlander behind you.

Oh no, I completely understand the context.

The original poster was describing a situation wherein an ingame prospect for a relationship told them that they like that original poster, but issued an ultimatum requiring that they change their ingame character in some way which better suits their preferences.

It's a fucking MMO. It's a game. The point of the game is killing monsters and getting loot. Yet, we have this pinnacle of faggotry taking place, wherein someone feels literal distress over being told they should change their ingame appearance for the purposes of ERP with some other fucking guy who also plays this game.

To top that off, this poster received several posts unironically advising them to find a different ERP partner.

It's monumentally pathetic.

>I'm glad they're changing that in 3.4
Source: my ass

theres an aroma coming off this picture...

user are you okay?
If I find someone willing to male bond shirtless I will, just for you.

Ridiculously hypocritical when this au ra can make a blank post with no context every single thread, yet people who post maybe once every few days get multi-quoted on the spot.

I miss Mikha

post yfw chemo is a well known ebin with an agenda

Call the cops I don't give a fuck.

grown men are why these double standards happen

It's better that healers don't need to gear for accuracy. They bothered with Cleric Stance bullshit instead of MND based damage on healer spells. They should have baked a caster hitcap into Cleric Stance.

Laika post

I wish I was a grown man
At least I would have friends

I'm pretty sure that the reason they removed accuracy from healer gear was actually mostly just to add one more small layer of artificial difficulty to Gordias, due to how butthurt they got when FCoB got cleared on the first week.

Same reason that crafted gear was not only time-gated behind red scrip (Favor) crafting materials, but also 10 iLevels behind where it should be, and crafted accessories were a ridiculous 40 iLevels behind where they should have been. Except I think they just forgot to put the accuracy back on when they fixed some of the other stuff going into Midas.

Bet you're too pussy to post a shirtless pic.
>masculinity
Lol.

post cute lalafell
ugly
ugly
ugly
ugly
ugly
cute
ugly
cringe
cringe
cute
ugly
ugly

No! I just want to see more of that highlander!

you can be whatever you want to be. i believe in you, you slut.

My monk glamour is shirtless.
Hair is outdated.

>triggering my chemo filter

This is why lalafell need to be euthanized.

I just want to try something different

The booty shorts stay, I'm sorry

I don't even ERP
All I want is to sit on the ebin benches and gossip all day with cute c@s

w-what does this highlander l-like

ugly

Laika post

It was mentioned in a previous live letter or interview that it was going to be a part of gear instead of having to meld it on.

Accuracy would be on every single piece of healer gear, which may help take up less materia slots to meld in the stat. I do agree that giving an accuracy boost to Cleric Stance would be better, but given the incompetence they displayed on the matter so far that is nothing short of wishful thinking.

That's one petty reason to remove accuracy from healer gear. Mayhap it'd be best to scrap the stat altogether and introduce a replacement stat or two for some more interesting itemization?

Lemme guess you're a gay catboy.

Cute..

thanks you are always the best

what's holding you back?

God DAMN! Kiki spitting hot FLAMES, calling out all the uglies, sheeeiiit.

youtu.be/7zJa6FB5crk

Real women.
I'm sorry

I'm not Laika! C'mon, post more of her.

I can't fit in
I don't have the grown man mentality
Also I'm playing a male character

You're welcome

Cute!!

>Mayhap it'd be best to scrap the stat altogether

Apparently, that's the source of a lot of debate over at their offices.

thanks nice

n-no!
i'm t-totally not one!
h-hahahaha..

Dress up in skimpy clothes and you can be the token fag hanging out with the popular girls on the bleachers

I could go take a creepshot... but then I'd be taking a creepshot...

How do I fall out of obsession

When you stop and think about it, Accuracy is a boring stat. It doesn't directly boost damage output, but serves as a gatekeeper to dealing damage at all. Classically, the point of accuracy was to prevent single stat dumping for braindead large damage numbers.

In this game specifically though, accuracy caps are handed out for free. Not a single job has to go out of their way to gear or meld for accuracy so they can hit the required caps.

Only autists care about that shit. Go take just one, please.

Do I know you? If for some reason you are who I think you might be you are better at it than you think my friend. it's my bedtime now, good luck to you!

What disgusting males! They are not handsome even in the slightest!
Oh no, how could you make my eyes suffer those handsome bodies? Oh no, little poor me, having to tolerate all these topless men posting in the thread!
Better with every minute...