PAINT COLOR THREAD

Have a favorite color? Post a picture.
The rarer the better.

This is Ford Midnight Blue.

Other urls found in this thread:

autos.com/auto-repair/metallic-auto-paint-vs-pearl-car-paint
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anyone have any idea what this color is called?
I've only seen it on Dodge vans from 70's and 80's

Mercedes Cypress Green.
When the light hits it, it looks just like the green from old Ray Bans.

Also, is it just me or do metallics from back in the day change color in bright light way more than what they're using know.

Mopar Green

>that butt

British racing green.

It's blue

Maybe has to do with the fact they used oil based paint back in those days, instead of water based like they use today.

Most cars are single stage with no metallic flakes now. Higher option paints use pearl, also flake based, which is gorgeous in its own way but it won't pop like metallic paint IMO.

GM's high end paints are usually a 3stage tintcoat which is pretty cool and gives depth. Most of Ford's stuff is single stage in eye bleeding colors although Matt said Nitrous Blue had massive flakes in it. Not sure what type it is yet as I haven't seen it nor do I want to google it. Ironically, Toyota/Lexus has Mica paints which is their trade name for pearl. MOPAR runs the gambit and does whatever it feels like.

The basics: autos.com/auto-repair/metallic-auto-paint-vs-pearl-car-paint

04 Screaming Yellow, first car was an 04 Cobra in that color.

B7 blue that some moron didn't know how to apply clear properly.

Bringing back the 90s.

The only people using oil paints after 1950 were people who didn't have a spray gun.

Metallics have always been 2k and obviously cannot be single stage.

1992 F150
Truck is now gone.

Can't beat a nice shade of green imo

White anything for me. Blacks suck dicks in the evening and other colors scream try hard

I thought that was a hearse at first

Midnight Purple.

montego blue

I was always wondering what a car like this would cost in the States.
Here in Eastern Europe that car would easily be 25.000-30.000 USD.

30K+, depending on engine, trans, and trim. Fastbacks bring a serious premium here too.

French Racing Blue

It's too bad they didn't put this color on the gen 5 mustangs. This was the perfect shade of gold.

Volvo turquoise. They only had it for the 1971 model year, apparently it's one of the rarest colours.

This 1958 Oldsmobile has a Heather exterior with Mountain Mist accents. You can't really see but the interior is also purple and white. These were all factory options

>French Racing Blue
>JAG

mariner blue

Here's a picture of the interior

Gay

>not being confident enough in your sexuality so you can cruise the strip in your lavender Olds

Don't know it's name but LandRover had a similar Bluish/Green Metallic color at one point.
I still see 90's 110 Station Wagons with that color.

Speaking of LandRover. Don't know the name of this one either but it's fucking amazing in person.

Sorry. Meant to quote And I wasn't talking about the color either.

>not buying a 1955/56 Dodge La Femme

Epsom Green I believe

>pre-war cars with black and deep/dark green two-tone paint
Dick status:

Your first car was a Terminator?

Yep.

Prussian Blue 930

I like pastel blue, green and yellow on classic cars.

Dark green and white on new vehicles.

Lexus matador red

Nissan lavender frost metallic

Beautiful color

I don't know this color's name but its gorgeous

Whatever the name for the shade of blue used on the Gulf Ford Gt is.

>flare side
>isn't actually any wider than a regular one, just recesses the bedside into the body to make it look like a flare, reducing bed space in the process

And that's why it's gone.
Fun truck.

Purple a best

and I really like the kind of grey that Skoda puts on their RS models

>Fuck, I forgot to paint it before I put the clearcoat on

Infiniti Rouge

Now thats a nice shade of red.

Heres Nissan silver blue ice pearl

T E A L
E
A
L

Reflex Spice

no
tacky af

>smoked headlights

muhfuggin Stryker Purple

My buddy just imported to Canada one of the unbuilt fiberglass bodies for a good chunk of change. He will be building a nice hotrod around it.

I like this color for some reason, Amber Gold Metallic aka morning piss gold

Hyper Blue

Moray Green. Sorry for the shitbox.
Tell him to stick that LS or Coyote he definitely thinks about up some douchebag's ass and get a proper straight-sixer in it.

Burgundy is another good one on pre-war cars, especially accented with another colour.

Rebel Blue desu

Looks like a toy car desu. Whenever I see honda fits with this color, I cringe and puke everytime

I really hate these shouty blues. They just scream "look at me I drive a mustang brand penis extension"

Volkswagen 'Shadow Blue' (LD5Q), double metallic. Discontinued after the Golf Mk 6.

gloss black with moondust lime. its a powder coat color that there are no pictures of on the internet.

A good painter could easily replicate it.

my all time favourite color.

id really like to wrap my volvo with this color, depending on the viewing angle it switches from yellow to orange

>Ctrl-f ''Soul Red''
>0 results

Dammit Veeky Forums, get some taste.

>original V8 TVR's had a SBF
>later ones had a Rover V8, which is derived from the Buick 215

Actually, a lightweight, high revving American V8 is pretty fitting for a TVR. Something like a modern Boss 302 on an aluminium block, or a DZ302-style LS would be great.

matte black

Maybe you should see a doctor

their british racing green from 90s is almost blue in some lighting

Thats sick Tyrone

I mentioned it in the miata general and got no replies, but I wonder what an NA would look like in Soul Red

pretty good I think but only if you matched your lipstick with it too

I love these blues

Olive green

Love it.

What's the white pearly color that they used on LS400s in the early 2000's?

Well i have a question for you, Veeky Forums. and I figure this place is as good as any.

Why are 90% of modern cars painted in such drab colors? White, gray, black... Sometimes you might see tan.

What's the best period correct paint job for a 68-70 Chevelle? I'm buying poone to restore and want to do something other than the black paint job everyone does.

bump

For what? It literally looks like a toy, blue is good but not that blue

That delicious shade the green two-tone Silvia comes in.

Probably the most memed paint job ever
Candy Apple Red

Indian racing blue then, sorry.

NATO Green gloss

>Bottom-Bitch-Blue

Looks like my diarrhea after shitty chinese food

wineberry red. I'm painting my fox mustang this color.

t. assmad ferrari fanboi