/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Last thread: CONGRATULATIONS edition

/hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 3.55 (Userland)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp Decrypted games: pastebin.com/4gm37Buj

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-SD card access in DS mode is now available. ROM loading is still being worked on. gbatemp.net/threads/413015/

>Wii U
-IOSU allegedly happening, update to 5.5.1 recommended. twitter.com/Mathew_Wi/status/766504663826870272
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates. twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/766486134356529152

>Vita
-Next Vitamin release slated for next week. bitbucket.org/TheOfficialFloW/vitamin twitter.com/TheFlow0
-HENkaku release 4 is out, along with VitaShell 0.91.
-The source and a writeup of the stage 2 exploit have been released. blog.xyz.is/2016/vita-netps-ioctl.html
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.
-Band-Aid pastebin.com/mE4YUBFP

>PS4
-A webkit exploit is available on firmware 3.55. github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC
-Game Decryption (1.76, maybe 3.55 soon) playstationhax.it/forums/topic/3104-tutorial-how-to-bypass-pfs-protection-entirely/

Other urls found in this thread:

wololo.net/2016/08/09/manually-update-ps-vita-firmware-3-60/
gbatemp.net/threads/steelhax-a-steeldiver-subwars-secondary-entrypoint.440673/
gamefaqs.com/vita/809286-dungeon-travelers-2-the-royal-library-and-the-monster-seal/data
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

THIS IS THE THREAD

Just swapped accounts on my vita. Is it possible to move the saves I have backed up on my PC onto my vita even if they're under my previous account in QCMA?

FIRST FOR DUMP DIVA F2ND GOD FUCKING DAMNIT
I DON'T CARE IF IT DOESN'T WORK I WANNA TRY IT ANYWAY

God Eater 2 dumped?

that wasn't very nice

I doubled my Vitas memory card
Did you?

USB storage mounting when?

vita retard here

is it my fucking region thats the problem? canada, not usa
whats the proper text to change us to?

sorry i always assume canada/us are interchangeable

Alright, it appears I didn't have Priiloader. Gonna try reinstalling d2x.

Should I do it v6 build 57 on base 249 and base 58 on 250?

>my deepest congratulations

Has anyone had problems accessing PSN with the new Henkaku version? I get error message NP-2125-0 and can't log in. I just got this console and freshly formatted and updated to 3.6, anyone know the problem?

nth for keem-sama

psn has been down for hours now

>tfw 3.61

If i just buy a PS TV,can i still do everything i could do on a 3.60 Vita? I don't really have the money for a new vita so i thought about buying it.

That guy who was trying to undub Trails of Cold Steel 2 ever find the JP/Chinese vita version of the game?

Flow is the autists we deserve

Well shit that would be it then, never mind me.

>homebrew just came out i'll just update
no reason

Why don't the pstv let you use a ds4 touch pad as the rear touchpad

I bought it used

A few games don't work, even with the whitelist fixes. Also, touch screen emulation sucks. If neither of those are a problem for you, you'd be fine with a PSTV.

Anons, I'm trying to rip a game with brain dump to use with HANS. going to try and make a shitty menu translation or something for DQM2 for personal use.
But when I try and run brain dump, it just runs the game, not the actual tool. Is this because its a JP region game? Is there a better way to go about this?

Anywhere to download the Vita 3.6 update files?
Official site, of course, only has 3.61 and I'm on 3.57

Basically yes, you can emulate touch controls with a ds3 or a ds4, the only thing you can't emulate is the gyro so some games will have features you can't use and some can't be finished at all, like Uncharted, but they're very few.

Totori+ when
ガンダムブレイカー2 when
ガンダムブレイカー when
To Heart: Dungeon Travelers when
Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & the Monster Seal when

>tfw still being able to lurk because of Henkaku

still applies to the seller/previous owner

i cant figure it out but

>google is too hard
I'm never helping you again

sounds pretty good,i can just get the few games that don't work on a PSTV on my 3.61 Vita,yes i was stupid enough to update i'm sorry

I'll might buy one tomorrow,thanks.

>To Heart: Dungeon Travelers when
I thought that was already dumped.

>don't really have the money

How are you going to afford the memory cards to even be able to play games, user?

It's Henkaku's fifth release, retarded OP.

What is this a P4 mod?

Already got it anyways.
You're too slow.

>dblspace
I miss those times.

>What is this a P4 mod?

IS THAT SOME REMILIA IN PERSONA 4

Ok who was the clever fuck that linked us to the vitageneral

dont fucking ask before googling for a simple ass thing

Did anyone figure out what was causing the save data to keep getting deleted in dumped games?

So I got a psp 3000 with 6.31 firmware. Do I upgrade it to 6.61 and then use infinity on it? What else would I need to homebrew it?

I'll do what I want, nigger.

update to 60 everything is more optimized for that version anyway

6.61 and infinity is the way to go. You should be set for homebrew if you do that.

Do saves work properly in sleep mode with Henkaku r5?

I read that infinity has a small chance of brick is that true?

Steelhax entry point was just released
Steel Diver Sub wars(v1 NO UPDATE) is needed, its free on the eshop.
gbatemp.net/threads/steelhax-a-steeldiver-subwars-secondary-entrypoint.440673/

I am a complete novice to this, so I don't know what this means. Im running 11.0 and want to do CFW and be able to get roms and all that stuff working.
Is this any good news for me?

perma has a risk yes while temp does not

Been away from this general for a couple of days. Are Cyber Slut, Mahvel & Innocence R playable yet?

Current integrated in QCMA psp2-updatelist.xml contains next regions: au, eu, jp, kr, mx, ru, tw, uk, us.

i guess im us

Yes

the european one was. Not the US one.

To expand upon this is there any reason to upgrade my previously hacked PSP on 6.20 pro to 6.61 infinity?

>impluinh iy rvrn matters

If I have the Trails of Cold Steel physical cart, is it possible to apply the undub without having to dump the game? And if so, will my current saves still work?

>want to sell my old Vita
>update to 3.61
>sell it saying it's 3.60

I CAN'T CONTROL MYSELF

i have a 16 gb vita memory card

might work, might not. Give it a try, user.

>To Heart: Dungeon Travelers
>European
>US

I wish those existed, user.

Kill yourselvs filthy pirate scum

>three months into rorona
>forgot to save
>get the mem card not found glitch

It's fucking over I quit

What the fuck I hate /hbg/ now??

First for aa6 cia

but user, they do
gamefaqs.com/vita/809286-dungeon-travelers-2-the-royal-library-and-the-monster-seal/data

PCSE00693

still 2 days left

I don't think you can downgrade with that user, it's just another entrypoint like browserhax and the like, meaning you will only be able to use KICKASS actually shit save for like two homebrews and emulators.

I want to FUCK /hbg/!

>not saving frequently
retard

Don't listen to him!
Shine on you sexy pirate hunks!

I love keemstar

I WANT TO FUCK YOU TOO!

>playing the EOP dump

hahaha enjoy your broken nisa rewrites

I'll keep on buying games and pirating them, you keep on wasting your time telling people what to do with themselves.

It's a win-win situation.

Wasn't Henkaku 5 supposed to fix saving errors?

You know I fucking will

>dungeon-travelers-2
>2

Well hell, Emulators is good enough for me right now

>henkaku
>made by a chink furfag
>fixing anything ever
>vitamin
>made by a gay german shota
>dumping anything ever

ace attorney 6 is digital only in the west,so we'll get it on release day.

nope and it's completely irrelevant to you since there's already menuhax on 11.0

It supposedly has but its only been out a few hours, that user might have been still on the previous version if they hadn't rebooted.

>Shota

did cold steel 2 undub user died?

reposting:
I want to hack my New 3DS. I have my old 3DS hacked, but I updated my new 3DS because og MHX and it was back when hacking a n3ds was likely to brick the system

I don't think I have a NNID on my old 3ds, so if I do the system transfer, can I use my old NNID?

What should I back up? Will I lose any games or anything I previously had?

As long as I get it before my vacation next week

It may very well have, I haven't rebooted since it originally came out.

That only happens if you let your Vita go to sleep while playing. And only if it went to sleep in game and not the home menu. It was a known problem with HENkaku for a ton of games. Supposedly its fixed now, but you could have avoided it altogether

>and it was back when hacking a n3ds was likely to brick the system

The likelyness was always not that much higher.

I'd recommend to backup your entire sd card at least once

It didn't work unfortunately.

Monster Monpiece was fun at first but I'm on chapter 5 now and feel like my cards are shit and im not getting any new cards. Is this the same kind experience for everyone??

broski I own a vita TV and I have the sleep function turned off. The same shit happened to me in p4g, I went in for an hour long grind and when I came back out to save I couldn't.

yes
saves will transfer but games will not so you have to reinstall them also you have to hack the n3ds first before system transfering unless you're already on 11.0 and doing the dsiware method

Pretty much. If you want, I'll play versus with you to unlock packs.

Yeah, I'm going to try to do the DSiware method.

can you run PSP games with 3.6?

noo

I thought pstv weren't affected by the save corruption thing.
Wasn't henkaku 5 supposed to fix this shit?