What's your opinion on Volvo?

What's your opinion on Volvo?

Scandinavian Chinese tank.

I like old Volvo's
New ones are nice too
Early 2000s was bleh

No

Pre Ford Boxy Volvos were the best.

You could get a well made station wagon for a decent price.

I will never buy a Chinese car.

New ones are exclusively inline 4 cylinder.

Literally the same turbo 2.0 only with different tuning for every fucking model.

Would get a 2016 V60 Polestar (2017 switching to I-4 from the I-6) if I had money to blow on cars that fancied me. Otherwise badge appeal, competition in the class, reliability/places nearby that can adequately service the car, etc

Have had three Volvos, all have been good cars. The oldest was 20 years old 850 and had about 340,000kms. Others were 2001 V70 and 2006 V50. The radiator of the 850 leaked when it was -25 celsius, otherwise nothing wrong with the car. Others haven't had anything bigger than couple of lights gone out.

IMHO they're in a sweet spot with regards to price, features, luxury and reliability. Not the most luxurious, but very reliable, cheap to own and insure and have all the features I need and want.

Previously it was the same I5 for all models with or without a turbo, so I don't see what's the problem.

usually 5 bangers are smoother than a 4, also better noises

According to the trauma surgeon AMA last week the safest cars you can get.

well the xc90 had the v8, nobody liked working on them.

Previously they had 4, 5, 6 and 8 cylinder engines. Now it's all just turbo 4.

Their twincharged 4 banger is rather impressive tho

Impressive, definitely. Still a shame about the straight 5 though.

This about sums it up perfectly. Though if you get an old one you will have to fix all the shit that has been slowly dying over the years and the previous owner ignored because volvos dont give a fuck when theyre broken.

The new XC90 looks good. I'm eager to now how the rest of the line will look like, specially a new C30

Odd number cylinders make me uncomfortable for some reason

I really want to like Volvo. But I think they're too expensive.

Quirky. What other company has such an affinity for I5s and turbos?

Audi?

I fell for the Volvo c30 meme

love it except for the turning radius. makes me want to sell it.

XC 90 god-tier SUV

Everything else, don't bother.

lrn2skid

it's a joke, right?

How autistic is it for a 19 year old to want a 2007 s60?

P O L E S T A R
W A G O N
E R E C T I O N

Find an R

They're more expensive to wrench on but a lot more fun to drive. I love mine.

they make some of the nicest looking "boring" cars

stupid assholes

There will be no new C30 (which is a shame, because a twin-engine T8 C30 would be awesome). Look at the redesigned V40 instead.

They go well together with a nice little cuckshed.

No C30 sir, the smallest you can go is a V40 unfortunately.

>Tfw no new C30 to replace your old and dying C30

The only manufacturers that have an HVAC setting that blows air on the windshield AND at your hands at the same time.

They've been doing this for decades. NO ONE ELSE DOES IT. FUCKING WHY.

Because based Volvo.

Love it. My 940 has an engine bay the size of a twingo, which is perfect for vainly attempting to halt the slow decay of every non-galvanized metal surface.

volvo xc60 always makes my dick hard when i see one, but its way outside of my budget.

Really looking forward to the xc40, i hope the price range will be closer to the v40 then the xc60

old good
new shit

Nah T6 drive trains have a turbo and supercharger combination. And the T8 xc90 will do 0-60 in 5.3 seconds with its hybrid engine.

my nigga

I was looking at ordering my Prancing Moose. Is yours a sticker or magnet. I've read that theres paint issues with the magnets.

volvo is for fags.
saab master race!

Shit the fuck up

Not what it used to be, they've been going steadily downhill since the mid 90s. New ones are not very reliable, mostly prone to problems with the dozens of computerized modules throughout the car.

>Cornering.

magnets. i just take them off when i wash the car, they've been on for like a year with no problem.

>KW V2 coilovers
>Ultra Racing strut mount
>Ipd rear strut brace
>Ipd track-spec swaybars

it corners better than your civic.

wow its like you copied the mods from my car in a way, except instead of coilovers i installed poly control arm bushings.

Literally bottom tier in comparison to competition

Redeeming values include : uniqueness without rewards besides its own uniqueness

One of the last unique style premium car manufacturers with a long history

From the first good seat-belts, to rallying, to early turbocharging production cars they've done some pretty radical things.

But have been trying to break into the "luxury" market for decades, just not big enough

If the new designs are "chinese" though, well sign me up comrade

its a good company but the ones made in china sounds scary

How did you cancel that shitty 4c warning on your display with the coilovers? I know 04's can use resistors but 05 and up compy has a fit.

oh ignore that crankshaft, thats another project

so all together its got this shit

CNT racing downpipe and catback its 3.5" all the way from the turbo to tailpipe
Snabb intake
poly control arm bushings
Lower Rear Brace
IPD subframe bushings
IPD strut bar kit
IPD turbo control valve
Techna-Fit Stainless Braided Brake Lines

I own the 2011 T6 in Silver.

It has a slew of small electrical issues (the screen in the center console taking a long time to turn on if I briefly turn the car on and off after it being on battery only for a while, seat memory getting erased every few months, etc..,.) and the plastic pieces on the 2012s and newer have a tendency to come off really easily, but this is the perfect northern American / Canadian car:
- not flashy just enough luxury for millenials
- the 50/50 AWD of a scubaru without the police attention
- mild overlap protection in 2010
- dat straight six

also Volvo's HP/Tq numbers are incredibly low.

Its heavier than my aunt Gretta but it would go head to head with an automatic E46 M3 in the quarter

I'd recommend everyone who gets in likes it

A buddy wired some capacitors and resistors into the 4c harness and it did the trick.

mine's got:
elevate downpipe and exhaust, borla xr-1 muffler
snabb intake
snabb big fmic
delrin subframe bushings
ipd SS brake lines
ARD tcv
hilton stage 2 tune
as well as the other shit listed above

They have a nice whine to them.

Nice.

Autismo.

Theres an older S60R for sale in my town.

I knew about them, but fell in love all over again when I pulled up exhaust vids on YouTube.

I own an E46 M3 and think the note from the Volvos is much better.

>What's your opinion on Volvo?

Cool before ford took over. Shit when they took over and now ford have left they are getting better and better.

I wanted one too when I turned 18, but I would be paying double the price of the car on insurance

its heavier than your m3 so probably slower