freesound.org/browse/
incompetech.com/music/
freemusicarchive.org/

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/mtZnM
clyp.it/jzbv3ads
clyp.it/upo5rwky
discordapp.com/invite/chquY2e
openculture.com/2016/03/hayao-miyazakis-sketches-showing-how-to-draw-characters-running.html
imgur.com/Kc9k2Av
newgrounds.com/portal/view/634741
itch.io/jam/lewd-jam-2016
docs.google.com/document/d/1K9wlzcJntyOCV3KLvRcvllZ2ZUnGgrDtiwPdMLlw5XQ/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Sm0Pxz0uq-62L46TdXmKisynbhLI_by-pLNlcgo4B8M/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

discord.gg/mtZnM
discord.gg/mtZnM
discord.gg/mtZnM

join the discord!

first for how's the game coming along?

discord.gg/mtZnM
come on in and post gay nudes

Slowly, but at least it's coming out.

Reposting my first songs from a few days ago because I want some more feedback to work on after DDX:

Menu theme: clyp.it/jzbv3ads

InGame Theme: clyp.it/upo5rwky

Let me know what you think!

>tfw your programmer does amazing things all day while you are left to plan out the whole experience of the game
>tfw your programmer completely trusts you

Life is great, /agdg/!

The groundwork is almost done and we will start soon with the farm mechanics. The NPC dialogue editor works as well.

Feel bad about your accomplishments and lack thereof

I've spent the last 2 days working on something completely superfluous

Aspiring game dev. Literally never dabbled in making games, because I've spent most my life in health care and want to see what I could do here. Is it even worth making the leap for this? I have ideas but I want to make them reality.

>get the 99% off sale for Game Maker
>Haven't touched it in 10 years
>90 minutes later I have a better platformer than I've ever been able to make in it or any of the free hipster bullshit engines
th-thanks Unity2D :^)

Reminder that games with waifus are the best games

third picture down

>hard drive died
>replacement hard drive i ordered doesn't work
>only machine i have is a laptop with 1.5GB of ram and onboard nvidia chipset

is there still hope?
ordering that hard drive was the last of my dinero

They sound like your first songs and that's not a good thing.

It sounds like Fruity Loops hell.

reminder that if you use waifu in place of "any cute girl", you should kill yourself.

My first attempt at animating a run sequence. My legs look funky -- what should I change?

>That shit FOV
Looks like a AAA game already.

Make it move automatically and only change the direction when you hit a wall.
Now build some levels for that.
You now have a game.

anime gay dick girls
post progress on your transition
discordapp.com/invite/chquY2e

What if I was to tell you my game will have NTR against you depending on how you act?

I'll admit it, I fucking keked at this.
:^

It's always worth giving a shot if you want to do it

openculture.com/2016/03/hayao-miyazakis-sketches-showing-how-to-draw-characters-running.html

Might help

Right leg ( brown looking one ) upper part has to move more imo

Upper part should at least "shake" a bit

walking has two parts: you push against the ground, then you lift the leg up to reposition it ahead of the body
you only have part one

Your whole body moves when you run.

Any specific thing I can work on, besides changing the sounds (I don't have any vsts or packages, so this was the least offensive sound I could find)?

Woops, I assumed this had the explanation and notes translated. Not sure where I saw this originally.

How do you "unblend" a sprite?

enemy[curr_state].image_blend = c_red;

Now the enemy is only red. But how do I return it back to normal colors? Using Gamemaker btw.

c_white?

importing enemy assets

still need to do camera controls

Those shapes look... MENACING

This place is now humble purchasers general.
Im out, I'll be back when school is in session.

Thanks, I'll look for that!

I'm guessing you mean I have no "push"?

pls respond is this enough to dev

Who /cocos2d/ here?

you have the push, but no lift
the push moves the leg behind you, the lift moves it forward
Right now, instead of lifting, it slides back into place in a way that makes no physical sense

>Yo-Yo is so desperate for new users they're selling their $1800 dollar software for $15
Wow, are they really that afraid of Godot taking their place as best 2D engine?

The mixing is the most egregious part followed by the drums.

You don't need VSTs or packages to make music. Learn about the different types of synthesis you have access to. Read up on equalization and mastering. A tiny amount of reverb, delay, and panning can go a long way as well.

>Godot
>best 2D engine
>Inferior Unity clone
>best 2D engine
u wot m8

More like a way to finally cut the bitching for their over-priced shit.

Doesn't work :(

Godot is definitely better than Unity at 2D.

Basically what the ghibly tutorial is saying is that for a proper running animation you need atleast 4 frames, ideally 5. Right now I believe you have 3 and your body moves in none of them.

Picture related is what the gif below looks like when puled apart into individual frames.
imgur.com/Kc9k2Av

I spent all day working on something that isn't going to work out at all.

How do I comission an asset from someone without giving them my real name? Most people seem to use PayPal but you have to give the person your Full Name and maybe even your address on that shit.

crypto

Yeah but it also has all the typical Unity3D bullshit attached for 2D, which basically nobody making 2D games wants to deal with. For nearly anything 2D you're better off with GM:S, libGDX, literally making your shit in SDL, hell, anything but having to deal with the ridiculous node structure shit of Unity3D/Godot to do something as simple as drawing some sprites. I guess if you need the physics engine it's good but you can get that separate anyway.

Alright, I'll see what I can do !

For the drums, is it the volume, the actual sounds, or the writing itself? Because I like the accents and the beats they provide, but it could just be from me listening so much while making them

I put this silliness back in the game.
Also the giga crab has a little entrance cutscene now. Still gotta animate a sand effect for him.

Charlotte enjoying her vibrator?

Would you play a game where you a trapped in a house?

I'm sorting out the details if the house is one or two floors and if it has a basement and attic or both. Plus the reason why the player can not leave the house. though I have thoughts of having the player not leaving the property.

That's a very low-trust setup though. To sanely do it you'd have to swap money/assets in very small batches.

Unless you're making an illegal game, perhaps you should consider getting over yourself.

But yeah, "crypto" is the answer. Use bitcoin or whatever.

Pay them in steam money/games

Depends, is the game fun. Being trapped in a house is not a selling point and it isn't a negative point unless leaving the house would make the game more fun. Yume Nikki you didn't leave your room.
Well, until the ending.

Okay Veeky Forums, help me with this concept.

I'm going to do the thing an user suggested last thread: a reverse stealth game.

What's kind of messing me up is how to make the gameplay fun. I've got a lot of snippets of what might be fun but I can't fully wrap my head around a good central concept that I think is fun, and I can't start devving past basic shit until I know what I'm actually making.

Help me out, here. I don't want to make it 'You have to stay inside of people sight cones', because then it's essentially a puzzle game. I'm just having a brainfart thinking of fun gameplay for a 'reverse stealth' system.

pic unrelated

I remember there being a browser demo game like this. Basically if you ever left camera view in the 1984 distopian big brother world you got tranq'ed and disposed of. I can't remember the name of it for the life of me.

I'm a 1MA and I don't have my real identity tied to my game at all, why sacrifice my anonymity?

No she's just having some strong feelings about buying new effect pedals

When you said "reverse stealth game" I thought of YOU being the guards and having to patrol an area and not letting would-be stealthers through.

You're going to need to sign a contract with them regardless. Something that says "artist gives full rights to asset X to company Y."

And once they have your company they have your name.

You'll have to sacrifice it to someone to sell it (unless you stick with crypto even then and self-publish somehow)

It's
newgrounds.com/portal/view/634741

It's the kind of concept of I don't want to make, though. It isn't a 'reverse stealth' game in the sense that it uses the same elements in a subverted way; it's a puzzle game about being in view cones.

I hope you're going to put a segment where she has to out-cvlt the boss with her obscure drone-gaze

Quite the fall

I haven't decided it the player is trapped by something in the house or that the whole town is filled with something and the player has to defend themselves on the property.

Defending might be more fun for people than being stuck in a house filled with traps and trying not to die.

Incorporate an LLC in Nevada, open a business bank account and pay with that. Business owners in Nevada don't have to disclose their name when operating. I think Montana too.

>address
you don't
>name
this is true and is something you have to deal with. It is not a big deal.

If you really care then create a DBA name. A DBA is a fictional name you create for yourself that has legal bindings to your actual name so your can actually apply for things. It's used because normally you cannot apply for a business normally with a fictional name (it has to be connected to someone. If your company is created by niggerfaggot, only niggerfaggot can claim ownership of the company).

Then create a DBA checking account so it's affiliated with your DBA name and not your official name and create a paypal. It's a nice way to separate your personal banking with your business banking.

However I feel like that is un-needed effort since you will probably be contacting so few people over paypal on a most likely small project.

Use a fake name
It's what I always did

Isn't that exactly a reverse stealth game though?
The opposite of trying never to be seen is trying to always being seen. You could make it about an attention lover who constantly tries to get people's attention somehow. Or like some other user said, play as one of the guards.

That's the one, and sorry I didn't see the "I don't" part.
The only thing I can think of is to play a stealth game and do everything wrong and figure out if anything wrong is fun.

>a fake name on paypal
That's a fun way to get your paypal account frozen.

What about Delaware, that's where I planned on doing it.

You have to disclose your identity to incorporate in Delaware.

>want to make a vampire simulator
>know someone else in this thread is making some vamp game
>don't know the details of the game
>only know the vamp is a ita and titty monster

i think you mean vampire's bit?

Would you play a Harvest Moon with Alpine mythology woven into it?

Also, what do you know of the Alps?

Would like a game with Runescape's vampire lore.

"someone else is doing something super amazingly vaguely similar" is a retarded reason to not work on something

Because no matter what you work on it will be true.

>Security guard, stop people from stealthing in
Sounds like Tecmo:Deception except with security. I'd play it if it played like deception too.

get intel on what type of thieves will be stopping by
recreate the museum to better suit protecting it
put down traps to catch them.
play the night as the security guard trying to catch them or lure them into traps.

I'm making that exact thing right now (but with norse mythology)

No
Nothing

Noice. Care to share any info?

Already a guy here doing that pretty much and has made some decent progress. If you don't mind constantly comparing yourself to him and other doing so go for it.

>Next Game Jam (Lewd -- Blueboard rules still apply)
itch.io/jam/lewd-jam-2016

>Lewd Jam Collabs
docs.google.com/document/d/1K9wlzcJntyOCV3KLvRcvllZ2ZUnGgrDtiwPdMLlw5XQ/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Sm0Pxz0uq-62L46TdXmKisynbhLI_by-pLNlcgo4B8M/edit?usp=sharing

>What do you know about the alps
There's a lot of mountains and it's cold. If it is pulled off well it could be really interesting. Just have to make sure not to alienate players in the beginning.

If you have a tool used by locals find a way to explain it instead of just going, "use the plorgle to pliggle plogbottoms before nightfall before the pigglyploots plaggles them".

Yeah, but the thing is if the concept is 'You have to ALWAYS be seen' it becomes linear -- you're playing a puzzle game where you have to move around with sight lines, not a game where you're given a level and a set of objectives that you have to complete with certain restraints requiring you think outside the box (which is what a stealth game is).

>You could make it about an attention lover who constantly tries to get people's attention somehow.

I think I'm just going to do this. You're like, Bigfoot. You want to make people actually take coherent pictures of you so you can be famous and adored instead of being featured on some asshole's conspiracy blog.

Should the gameplay just be manipulating the level to get the most exposure on you? You only get one 'shot' per person before they start thinking it's a hoax, so you have to draw people in to specific places and then ""get caught"" for maximum exposure. Sometimes you'll have to actually sneak into places (like backstage at a rock venue so you can crash the stage) or disguise to avoid park rangers thinking you're a bear and tranq'ing you.

Does that sound fun? Would /agdg/ play it?

I've never played Runescape

Sometimes it's off putting and I don't want to seem like I'm stealing someone else's idea. I know most ideas aren't 'unique' depending on the concept but I know if the person tries it can be.

Don't blend. Or alternatively, just change the sprite index entirely back to itself, maybe re-initializing it will overwrite it? I have no idea. Probably not because it's on the object itself.

Saw some modular house making thing in the asset store, so I decided to make my own test version.

Works out pretty well, had some fun pre-making different structures out of the pieces. Should make things reasonable If I do end up trying to incorporate a building system, or even just want to animate things being constructed in the world I can do it with a dash of realism.

>lewd jam is over in 9 days
can't wait to see what retarded jam is going to come next.

The volume, the treble, and the actual sound. I generally like the keys especially in the second piece although you can calm down with some of the incidentals. The drums aren't terribly programmed but they're very unrelenting in their intensity. Change their dynamics/velocity so it doesn't sound like the same sample being triggered the same way. The drums don't feel cohesive with the mix but in all the mix is very dry and raw.

Sure, there's a combat portion where you explore a wilderness that procedurally regenerates every night and anywhere there's a fire you can sacrifice items to gain Tribute which is the currency. Other than that it's pretty standard harvest moon.

I'd be happy to discuss design aspects if you want! Always love to see other comfy games being made.

BOW

I want to try my hand making this game but my biggest fear right now is that I'll waste weeks making something that isn't even fun.

Shit out a prototype in a week. You should be able to do that

Alienating the player with the setting is probably my biggest worry. That is why we will do our best to blend the obscure things with the well known and also hide some of the mythology beneath the surface.
Most of the time you will farm stuff and watch the lush and chill landscape while you hear cows and goats. But you can make friends with the locals, spend time with them, or go into the ragged mountains and find yourself in the territory of the spirits who might not welcome you in their forests.

How are the gods characterized in your setting? Do you use the known names or do you redesign them? Do they appear in person?

Comfyness is certainly the most important thing a game about having a farm needs.