Fiesta ST = Modern Integra Type-R

Fiesta ST = Modern Integra Type-R

What's another example of a modern version of an older sports car?

modern AE86

I don't see the relation in either of these besides drivetrain.

NA=ND Miata

if you think the Fiesta is like an integra type r you're a moron
more like a modern s13

That's a Shelby Omni GLH if anything, maybe a Prelude for weight distro and if you must be JDM.

>Prelude
NO
PRELUDES ARE SHIT
THEY CANT COMPETE

the toyobaru is literally a RWD corolla

Don't be mean to my friend.

it's a boxer engined prius coupe

they're more than two people, likely the same shitstains who shit up threads with GTR vs Corvette crap

The janny and mods are absolutely fabulous, he would never ban either of us.
assblasted gm fangirl spotted

cut a tunnel into a tC body and you basically can get that

>Fiesta ST = Modern Integra Type-R

Completely off. The ST is a fantastic car, but it is nothing at all like the Type R in any way except that they are both FWD.

The ST is the inheritor of the small hot hatch crown, being everything a hot hatch is supposed to be:
>reasonably cheap
>reasonably quick
>reasonably practical
>fun beyond measure

How about an opinion from a guy who's owned both cars? I had my Integra Type R for 5 years and sold it for the Fiesta ST because it was the only modern car I could find that felt similar to my Integra...

And incase you're wondering, I got rid of the Integra because it wasn't suitable for the long distance driving I now do

>2,720lbs, 180hp, Turbocharged, Hatchback
>2427lbs, 190hp, N/A, Coupe

yeah no

isn't it just a modern interpretation of the Fiesta RSTurbo?

No, Fiesta ST = Fiesta XR2. It's an old model.

Uh, what?

The Toyovarus are actually almost identical in weight or HEAVIER than the FiST

Also the Toyobarus make closer to 178hp at the wheels while the FiST makes about 186hp at the wheels.

hes talking about Fiesta and Integra

You think the Fiesta feels light, low-slung and free-revving?

Just out of curiosity, can you personally tell/feel the difference between a peaky, naturally aspirated 2-liter 4cyl and a turbocharged 1.6-liter 4cyl with a remarkably heavy flywheel?

>How about an opinion from a guy who's owned both cars?
Nah.

>And in case you're wondering...
No, I wasn't.

I don't think there are really any comparisons to be made between modern cars and the cars they evolved from.
I recently got to drive a very well-preserved Peugeot 205 GTi from 1985.

There simply is no comparison between the old cars and the new cars. The old cars were light and raw. Even the lightest cars you get today feel heavy. A car from today that has no equipment or a bare interior just feels cheap as shit. In the GTi, it didn't feel like it mattered as much. It was just fun.

Our tastes have changed too much to make direct comparisons.