>totems oneshot themselves on packs
ebin

>manage to get some higher tier maps
>fuck yeah
>nothing fucking drops

ANOTHER DAY IN DAMNATION

Should I play Path of Hideout instead?

>tfw decorations are expensive

you mean when you finally get to maps for the first time so you know what you're talking about?

what did you expect?

>tfw you profited of ziggydiggy's shenanigans

>Spend 20 minutes patching a 3mb patch
>Ready
>There is another 3mb patch

How's this lightning strike+molten strike berserker?

poeurl.com/LpR

I plan on using pic related unique, herald of ash and grace.

>free
>free
>free
>free
>free
>free
>Free
>free
>free
>free

how do we feel about noxious strike and toxic delivery over ambush and assassinate
can you drop the poison support gem? (12% to poison on hit)
when you keep it you seem to get a lot of rng procs
30% skill duration is really good for blade vortex and keeping the stacks high which does translate into damage
20% of physical as extra chaos

assassinate seems pretty nuts though

Lightning strike converts 50% of your damage from phys to lightning, and that damage gets nerfed by avatar of fire. So your ranged attack is kind of shit

You're taking weapon ele nodes and phys damage nodes. Picking one is better than half-assing both

You don't have 200% life

I don't think vaal pact is worth it when you get all the leech nodes for less points, but people will disagree with me on this

You have unwavering stance and berserker's can't be stunned recently

Weapon seems weak, going all the way to vaal pact seems like a huge investment but would be rad with cloaked in savagery. I wouldn't bother with iron reflexes or unwavering stance. Catalyse would be super strong in this, so it might be worth hitting up templar start

blade vortex doesn't proc the bleed and poison because it's not an attack

It's great for reave though+voidheart though

>take nootropics
>play poe for 6 hours and counting

so /poeg/ what's the best maps for a split arrow ranger?

I played with noxious strike and toxic delivery on all assassin builds for several reasons. Crit cap on low life interferes with unstable infusion for charge generation and gets useless if you have over 50% crit, which isn't hard to get with deadly infusion. Culling is good, but easy to get by different means. 30% increased damage is nothing to phone home about. Ambush is good for clear, but the same is true for crit chance and unstable infusion and it does nothing for boss fights or harder challenges.

On the other hand maim is a good defense mechanism, 10% reduced dots are nice for labs and all the poison and bleeding mechanism do a lot of damage and scale nicely whatever you do with the build and skill effect duration is really good depending on your build.

w h y
h
y

doesn't ice wall block friendly projectiles anymore
could this be the most boredom-promoting patch change of all times?

yes

fuck ggg

im having hecka funs with split arrow :)

What's the least broken but still endgame viable build

>Lightning strike converts 50% of your damage from phys to lightning, and that damage gets nerfed by avatar of fire. So your ranged attack is kind of shit

Cauteriser is great for this since it turns that 25% loss of dps negligible

Cauteriser+Herald of Ash=85% added damage as fire, so instead of 100% into 75% it's 185% into 160%.

>You're taking weapon ele nodes and phys damage nodes. Picking one is better than half-assing both

I only picked the weapon ele nodes which give me fire pen. Everything else is phys.

>You don't have 200% life
true

>I don't think vaal pact is worth it when you get all the leech nodes for less points, but people will disagree with me on this
vaal pact+cloaked in savagery is centric to the build as it lets me go into melee range of bosses.

>You have unwavering stance and berserker's can't be stunned recently
That can't be stunned recently isn't reliable, especially when you need it the most (in boss fights). If I had more life i could grab the 40/10 damage node instead, but i'm not sure what to give up on for more life.

"Frost Walls created by you or your allies are now no longer considered enemies for the purposes of projectile collision detection (your projectiles will not collide with your own Frost Wall). This intentionally fixes the exploit case where a player stacks many Frost Walls around a boss and uses a skill like Piercing Lightning Arrow inventory icon.pngLightning Arrow to trigger an excessive amount of hits."
>people are 'exploiting' pierce (and have been for like 2+ years)

>how do we fix it ??????

>let's not change the way pierce works with it at all, how about the solution is just make walls... not be walls....

>thx god nobody on dev team actually plays, or we'd have to realize that this ruins several TOP FUN impact builds that didn't use pierce at all, but needed a wall to impact

nice job quoting the last map FUCKASS

Yeah, let's just change one of the core game mechanics because of the issue with Frost Wall and the lot of people that took it too far. I'm also mad they just canned it, instead of changing it, but your points are shit.

I can't get over it

>this skill has way too much synergy with this dozen other sklls
>yeah let's completely remove that skill lol

Would you prefer if:
1. Game had tons of content which the game developers never intended for you to complete or reach because they're arbitrarily scaled based on previous player feedback to be impossible.
2. Game developers keep tuning down content until you can complete it rather than letting their characters grow in power and eventually people can complete it.

Fungai did it though.

>let's ruin a shitload of combos because we don't like one

>we can't just make ice walls immune to piercing or break when pierced

pinch me i'm dreaming

1 would make the game more interesting to me, it would keep me thinking and struggling

What skill do you use to kill bosses?

It's wasn't just one combo, though. LA is just the most prominent example, KB became stupid after ascendancies as well. And yeah, like I said, they just should've changed it instead of canning it.

frenzy

i've been switching out my split arrow-projectile physical attack damage-faster attacks-chain for frenzy-ppad-fa for bosses due to lack of linked gears

though right now i've replaced the chain with pierce for the extra damage, since i'm running Infractem for a bow so I can't chain anyway

>KB became stupid after ascendancies as well

Show me one KB build that could do twinned core in 2.3

BV could do it easily, and they buffed it.

DOUBLE DONGERS

I knew it! I like you animeposter

>one week into the league
>still no skill tier list
poeg has now officially turned to shit

why haven't they fixed the banner bug

>Tier 1
Icestorm traps
>Tier >1
Whatever you faggots play

>me 1 year ago
"Why haven't they fixed icewall"

List of skills that used frost wall:
EA
LA
AB
FB
KB
MO
WS

>tfw they decided to fuck EA in the ass while "fixing" another skill
What did EA do to deserve this?

TS clears good and kinda takes care of single target too

i haven't played scion release so i wasn't really sure how it worked. i decided to go with split arrow since thats what i used in cbt

Not like you can't just swap and try it out. TS GMP PPAD FA or something like that should do the trick.

ziz is actually so shit

hows that treadmill going

wat
when was the last time you played?

when scion came out i made a scion. spectral throw

logged on 2 weeks before essence league started, and decided to wait until then to roll in the new league

>List of skills that used frost wall:
>EA
>LA
>AB
>FB
>KB
>MO
>WS
Only LA and KB made it broken though, possibly AB but I haven't seen how that worked. They're the reason it had to be changed. Though the solution was shit.

EA used it like an actual wall but since it was mechanically a bunch of different entities it was buggy as fuck. I can see how it was useful for the chaining skills though.

I envy you, you have so much to catch up with and more things that are new to you, cheers.

Twinned bosses are an obvious weakness of the old frost wall builds, don't be fucking retarded.

>me 1 year ago
"Fuck I love playing Incinerate!"

>me 6 months ago
"Fuck I love playing Volley Fire Barrage CoC!"

>me now
"Fuck"

yeah they shouldn't have outright killed the other skills for those 2 though, at least buff the others

guy's you're forgetting:
IT WAS AN EXPLOIT.
People who used it should be banned.

one thing that seems different is the unique rates.

in cbt i got to end game without finding any uniques, now i've found half a stash tab full and i'm not even in merciless yet.

goodnight /poeg/ I love all of you

I really wanted to do an Obliteration wander but now that KB/FW is gone the single target is totally fucking shit. Would Volley Fire Barrage be a better option?

reminder that typeracer is a great way to warm up after getting out of bed to prepare you'reself for a long day of HC poe!

this is not your blog

how is that a blog, retard?

dumb kotposter

>literal cancer of this board calling other people out
I've made so many OC, started so many memes, while you were just shitposting about shitcore and praising your ultra shit builds, it's unreal.

good night /poeg/

wish me luck on cruel act 4 tomorrow

what are the requirements for atziri on HC?
I have 6k life and 87% fire res but I'm still not too sure

is there a Radiance kind of gem in PoE ?

so how would putting poe onto my ssd help? just in load times or would it actually make a difference in gameplay?

hows your dps?

No freezing when opening a strongbox with an exile inside is probably the biggest help.

yeah

name ?

Fuck. Everyone selling Whispering Ice in my price range logged off in the time it took me to farm up the currency.

just throw a whispering essence of hatred on a staff

>small cramped map with beyond
>mfw my unending hunger spectres are attacking faster than the speed of light and mowing down enemies off screen

>just throw a whispering essence of hatred on a staff
what did he mean by this

honestly? kinda bad

I'm hierophant templar using a 5L flameblast: FB - cont dest - faster casting - elemental focus - increased aoe : 2.7k tooltip dps
for bosses, I switch inc aoe for conc effect which raises my tooltip dps to 4.2k
I use elemental focus over fire pen because I'm running blasphemy - flammability so mob fire res should be low enough for fire pen to not make a huge difference. I do get fucked vs hexproof mobs and in maps with fire res mod + fire res mobs, but I dont come across both at the same time often enough to really care. I also know that I cant ignite mobs this way, but they die fast enough anyway, because I have to channel to max stacks due to shit AoE size, even with inc aoe gem. Empower will be my 6L after I can afford both.

Survivability is kinda questionable, but I am running RotP and purity of fire so I'm almost immune to reflect and I get some leech from doryani's catalyst, along with 3 health pots.

I didn't have a planned build going into this league and just went along with what I got and it carried me to level 81 without any major problems so far.

Righteous Fire but it also damages you so you gotta build around it

retard

Isn't the only time elemental focus would give you more damage than fire pen if the enemy has 0 natural resist? It seems like you'd be better swapping it out unless you're having issues killing trash.

>merciless vaal
>he does the melee strike
>flame dash it to avoid
>3rd time spamming flame dash because it doesnt go off
>get hit and rip
>res in town and run to my portal then finish him off

fag

stop being mean to each other

we're all friends here

I'm not entirely sure, but I think so. I could try switching, but then it kinda makes blasphemy + flammability useless, doesn't it? Mob resists can go below 0, but since I'm oneshotting anything except rares and bosses, I could probably use another curse instead of flammability? Maybe enfeeble for more survivability

homo

or just walk towards him, or past him...

Hierophant flameblast? I mean, I wanted to try flameblast totems with the new channeling system but they still don't work so I went with a normal hierophant build.

You're probably better off switching to firestorm for atziri

You should 100% use pen over focus

I think firestorm+blasphemy warlord's is the standard most people go for at the start of leagues, and afaik works great for atziri

youtube.com/watch?v=zpcHHz1dgVc&feature=youtu.be

epic

retard

you

??

dragon dildo

did you really vendor a rearguard lol

That's not a rearguard, it's a craghead, you crack head