New MR2 when, Toyota?

New MR2 when, Toyota?

Other urls found in this thread:

orlando.craigslist.org/cto/5657290505.html
roadandtrack.com/new-cars/news/a29932/bmw-ending-z4-production-to-make-room-for-sports-car-developed-with-toyota/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Toyota have a modern 2.0L turbo engine now, so there's no excuse.

EL OH EL RWD IS BETTER!!!

A 3rd-gen follow up with a small turbo 4 would be okay too.

It's arguably the best car Toyota ever made.

Never because
>safety regs
>insurance prices
>only people buying new cars are women, numales and spoiled children

The last two are poorfag arguments. It would be entirely possible for Toyota to make another cheap Boxster knockoff.

It's shit.

>Toyota engine
>FWD transverse drivetrain mounted over the rear wheels instead of the front wheels
It's called an Evora.

dubs (?) of truth

Corolla is best car toyota made

Here you go user

>year is 2017
>design for lightweight Midrear engines platform scrapped after market research determined that only 300,000 people in the USA can afford a new car, and those people want FF crossover vehicles.
>new model shares drive train and suspension with new model hybrid Toyota minivans
>shifting is controlled with a mandatory android app for your phone
>only comes in Audi grey and white
>4WD available for an extra $75,000

the elise also has a toyota engine

im still amazed at the fact that toyota has not bothered to give factory support to lotus, like toyota could make its own version of the elise called mr2 and ultimately bring down the cost of the elise

I really want a gen 2, but it's impossible to find a decent one around where I live. It fucking sucks. There's a really nice looking JDM right hand drive one, but the guy is asking like 12k. No idea if that's a good price or not.

you live in Charlotte?

Nope, central florida. I actually don't have the money to even offer anything on this, or I would.
orlando.craigslist.org/cto/5657290505.html

well shit. there's some SW20's around Charlotte Nc for 2k if you're willing to drive that far. seems worth it in my opinion, good luck searching man.

pic my sw20

tfw the glorious tsw's I had before broke and I had to downgrade to those 15s bc budget

I live in Raleigh, NC. is there Craigslist posting for it?

If they make another one it will be a neutered roadster for women like the MR-S. There's no fucking way they'd mass produce a mid-engine death trap like the early SW20 or AW11 again. Toyota is boring as fuck now and the FR-S sales failure basically doomed their future fun projects 5ever.

>neutered like the MRS

user just because it looks like a girls car from the front doesn't make it bad. It's the best MR2.

NC MR2 meet when? Hickoryfag here

Which engine?

Only if you sell one to me in Florida

Can you really blame them? Econoboxes sell like hotcakes. That's Toyota's "thing".

>tfw toyota will never produce a sports car worth buying again

>still called MR2
>Midship Runabout 2 seater
>mid engine rear wheel drive 2 seater
>not MF2

>I've deluded myself so much with post-purchase rationalization that I cannot accept that other drivetrain configurations exist and that other people might prefer them to mine
Here's your (You)

awww shit. a bunch of my family lives in hickory with 7 wrx/stis. seems like there's enough NC fags here to meetup sometime on route 221 or in Charlotte

Sales numbers killed the MR2. As nice as they were if Toyota doesn't think that they can change that then they won't make them.

Could the MR2 even come back if they keep it sexy and implement modern safety features? Could they steal sales away from Mazda?

Isnt that one of the hardest to drive cRs you can buy?

no lol

Unfortunately, Toyota hasn't been in the game of making thrilling or performance impressive cars since 1998. If it can't be sold to a 45 yo. asian woman that requires every assist to driving possible, it isn't produced.

That's not a Toyota.

FRS?

Toyota makes transportation appliances now, it won't happen.

Even an attempt with a Lexus badge would probably end up being too expensive, heavy, and numb to justify the effort.

>Implying marketroids at any car company wouldn't happily shit all over any fondly-remembered name to make a buck

There's a reason that the FRS is pretty overpriced for what it is and it's pretty much designed purely to be entry level - there's not much a market there, in Toyota's opinion.

Be careful what you wish for. Toyota is thinking about it.

They won't though because noone will buy it. The only people who want another MR2 are too poor to afford it new, and those who can afford it would rather buy a nissan crossover.

The lights are iffy but other than that I like it.

Proving that it is arguable

another pigfat gt FR car
the engine is better than the car itself

this looks like a butt ate a lemon

I thought the successor was the TE-S800. Pic related. It's the MR2 chassis with a Prius drive train, so it's not manual.

theres really no market for a small MR toyota

everyone today is too 'sensible'

look at Veeky Forums, how many of you faggots bitch about reliability and cost and ownership and dumb trivial bullshit, and you guys are supposed to be 'enthusiasts'

when people get frivolous with their money again and people actually want to have fun at the expense of trunk space and usability and comfort and everything, then we might see another mr2

but in the meantime, a modern day mr2 would be spectacular

take the 4 cylinder from a corolla, put in some forged rods, put some boost on it, crank out about 250hp, hook it up to a 5 speed manual or an optional 6 speed, and hoon the fuck out of it.

corollas start at 17k, this car could start at 27k and with some modern day toyota/scion engineering, could be quite fun

but seriously, everyone on Veeky Forums is an uptight faggot

Nobody wants that shit
Nobody cares about fucking toyota
>inb4 scripted shills

in 2015 toyota sold 2,499,313 cars

i jsut think you're not smart enough to get on board with toyota

Exactly, they sold 2.5million pieces of shit. More people squeeze a loaf out on a daily basis but that doesnt mean I'm gonna start coveting steamy piles because it's super popular.

What does it even say about shityota when they profit 30 billion dollars annually and cant even get a valve spring right. Every other manufacturer is shitting on toyota on the engineering front, and then to consider toyotas financial position makes toyota look like a useless turd of an organization. umad?

if you collect a lot of poop you can farm for methane

but you're not that smart

>not collecting a lot of poop
what am i doing with my life

>being this salty over cars
Like what you like and fuck off.

They realized a long time ago that the market for these kinds of cars is virtually zero in the USA. Why bother with the RnD so you can sell like, maybe 30k units in a whole run, when you already sell like 140,000 Corollas every single year?

because people that buy new cars are boring as FUCK

okay np shitlord just keep spamming toyota garbage all over the board all day i dont think we have enough threads with a massive fucking toyota logo or fuckign mr2s or god awful 1980s carolas, could use a few more desu senpai can you do me that one favor? thanks

>Why bother with the RnD
How is this NOT Toyotas brand slogan? It's perfect

Not the same poster, but you are one salty, indignant fellow over a brand.

Anyone would think a rabid Toyota HiLux fucked your arse so bad your colon turned out looking like the Toyo logo.

Desu senpai, you raging faggot.

>30 billion annual net profit
>y bother
Kek

Noice

>FWD DRIVE
>FRONT WHEEL DRIVE DRIVE

There's a market for it. The Pontiac Fiero proved that.
>but MR2-
MR2 sales were SHIT compared to the Fiero. And remained shit long after. From 1984-1988, the Fiero sold more units in America only than the MR2 sold worldwide from 1984 to 2005.

thank you for posting this with facts and shit

>More people squeeze a loaf out on a daily basis
>2016
>not squeezing out 2.5 million loaves every day

8AR-FTS

Currently only a Lexus engine (and JDM Toyota Crown but no one cares), but there are rumours floating around that it'll appear in the next Camry to replace the V6.

>convertible

>he doesn't want double drive in his car
$MH

this

the MR2 was more expensive, but outclassed the Fiero in pretty much every way

I fucking hate the looks of this car, its like if ford tried to design something japanese.

But then again, the engine IS amazing.

roadandtrack.com/new-cars/news/a29932/bmw-ending-z4-production-to-make-room-for-sports-car-developed-with-toyota/

Leaving this here for you shut-in fuckers.

>but outclassed the Fiero in pretty much every way
except comfort, practicality, storage space, ease of maintenance, noise insulation, safety, etc.
The AW11 is a better drivers car. It's barely faster (in supercharged form), and it barely handles better. The Fiero is also easier to drive and is much less likely to snap oversteer. Both cars are rumored (with no proof either way) of having Lotus help develop the handling. That said, by 1988, Lotus was owned by GM.

>safety

The Fiero is the safest non-airbag car you can buy because the steel spaceframe chassis was so fucking overbuilt. Pic related. The bare Fiero chassis. None of the body panels were load-bearing or structural. So they worried about what this meant for the car in a crash.
>neat fact: a good chunk of the crash structure of the Fiero's chassis was designed by women. Those same women engineers are also responsible for the step in the rear bumper of new Chevy Silverado trucks.

Give it a top, fix the lights, take that strip above the rear fender off, and it's gold.

It's not zero, it's just not the same as the compact car market. If we're talking about cheap and unique cars, they each have their own niche market until they produce enough to where the demand plays around with the used ones rather than buy a new one until they all die off. For the MR2, the market is cooking back up.

>forgetting the fact that they absolute love to catch fire

also, stop with the autismal facts Stolen

chuckled

that is one of the retarded false rumors spread through media that helped kill the fiero. the only fieros to ever catch fire were in 1984 when a bad batch of engines went into 100 or so cars.

every of the inline 4 cars are likely to catch fire

that is simply not true, and i dont think you can back that up with any sources.