/pg/ - Persona General

Last Thread: NEWS
>Final countdown events to P5 launch:
personacentral.com/persona-5-launch-countdown-and-tgs-live-streams/
>Persona 5: the Day Breakers is out and subbed on Nyaa
>P3 Winter of Rebirth BD rips are out on Nyaa
>Persona 5 will be releasing September 15th in Japan; February 14th in North America and Europe + PAL regions
>Take Your Heart and Steelbook Editions for NA up for pre-orders at Gamestop and Amazon
>Next Persona Magazine to release September 8th, 2016
>20th Anniversary FES to take place at 3331 Arts Chiyoda in December 2016

SCANS
archive.is/U8Ka0
archive.is/FaYLc

INFO
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S

GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona image collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua

MANGA
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

FANFIC ARCHIVE
pastebin.com/u/pg-archivist

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zidiB7vDygY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

P5 will fail I tell you! Fail!

SASUGA REED RICHARDS

Persona 5's UI features the most information, despite leaving the largest amount of free space.
Unlike P3/4, It displays the Enemy Name, Level, and Health bar, right on the idle screen.
It also allows you to select your enemy while on this idle screen, since unlike P3 you are not using the left and right d-pad buttons to navigate the menu.
It removes the Skill option from the menu, in favor of merging it with the Persona option.
It maps each option to a button, rather than having it displayed as a list. Meaning no matter which option you pick, or whatever option you picked in the previous turn, you will only need to press one button, rather than select it from a list.
It removes the space at the bottom of the screen that gives a brief description of what the highlighted menu option does, and displays it in clear white on black text below the option.
The character portraits are now positioned along the bottom and don't obscure a large portion of the screen, however the numbers remain legible, I'd say moreso than they look in P4's menu.
In addition to these improvements to the way the menu works, it also fits consistently with the rest of the game's rough edged comic-book style of artwork, and cleverly incorperates the prison motif into the character portraits, and the heart into the health bar.

Who /Makoto/ here?

I'm going to put Joker onto the cover of Have Edge Times magazine

God P5's UI is such a clusterfuck

youtube.com/watch?v=zidiB7vDygY
I love Aoi Yuuki.

P4's UI is shit
P4 was a mess in general
P5's is way better

Me

Cry more

P5's UI is the best.

That's not MC's name

Since the day I first saw her.

user interface

P5's UI is fucking great, in both appearance and functionality, which is more than can be said for P4's in both aspects.

GUIs were a mistake

I'm going to make very detailed graphs about screen percentage taken and other valuable things about UIs.

and all those statistics would really show is that you're autistic.

You've got a lot of nerve coming here and saying shit like that.

He's right though.

Actually, that's the first line graph.

JEJ

>He

We don't get femanons here.

SOON
Only halfish of September, October, November, December, January, and half of February to go

EOP BTFO

>Only

That's a really bad term to use when it feels like a huge chunk of this general seems to have bilingual posters, just languages other than Japanese.

Yes, only.

Anne LOVES colored men. The most.

I just call people EOPs when they only buy their games in english and don't import

Well it's rude and, more importantly, technically incorrect.

a couple raping spaniards don't count

Is Kamoshida Spanish?

You are correct, and I'm pretty sure it's only that one retard saying the UI is bad. It's thanks to P5's UI design that the player has instant access to more battle commands than ever and far less time will be spent navigating menus, making battles way less of a slog.

not if you interpret it the way I just said, which is more than enough justification for a shitposter

The navigation is undoubtedly superior. However,

The extra information it displayed over the previous games, however, was nothing but fluff. It's pointless padding and the Japs are known for having a fetish of sticking text underneath headers to make them look more tacticool. The texts themselves are blatantly obvious translations of what the commands do and I'm sure the nips are laughing their asses off at this on their boards right now.

It is counterintuitive for a command ring because it is now WORDS WORDS WORDS instead of concise information of what each button does; command rings are not essays. Especially not those in a turn-based RPG battle.

The numbers is legible for inactive members, but for some reason they decided to stick "HP" and "SP" next to an active character's numbers as if everybody didn't already know what the numbers do. This is pointless clutter and make the status display's small area busier than it should.
And the status display is actually abnormally small for something that has to show the information of four party members. Digital Devil Saga is how you do a horizontal, bottom-aligned party status display correctly.

Though I'm also not sure if the decision to move it to bottom resulted in anything meaningful because now the right side of the screen looks barren in ALL of the screenshots.

Why are you samefagging ?

I love Aigis and she is the cutest.

I love a different character and think that character is cuter.

And that is fine.

You're delusional if you don't think there's girls here. They love this dating sim shit.

Agreement doesn't mean samefag, dear.

it's like this
>english speaker, buys english games
EOP
>more than english speaker, buys english games
EOP
>english speaker, buys non-english games
Mostly EOP
>more than just english speaker, buys non-english games
not EOP

>english speaker, buys non-english games
>Mostly EOP
What?

What if those header labels just go away for the English version?

because you're going to look for some way to put the game in English, and for what parts you can't you're not using any language to play.

these days you can put pretty much any part of a game into english even straight from your TV, regardless of how much sense it makes
Then again there's certain fonts google translate won't pick up so that basically makes sense

That would make the most sense, but it's gonna be japanese headers with english subtitles

they'll change them to french for the english release

>tfw Goro isn't playable and it was all just a ruse

but that way it's like you're really japanese, user-koon!

>tfw Goro doesn't actually get to fuck you're waifu

so then it's the bottom 2 that call other people EOPs then

cuck

everyone on that list calls other people EOPs user

Anne loves black guys the most

If anything, he'd fuck Hifumi since they go to the same school.

It's cool Isis shows up in the Egypt dungeon, I'd like themed enemies like that wherever possible.

>It maps each option to a button, rather than having it displayed as a list. Meaning no matter which option you pick, or whatever option you picked in the previous turn, you will only need to press one button, rather than select it from a list.
>people actually think this is an improvement

>smug greentexting instead of actually arguing why it's bad

How it's not? Once you memorize the options five minutes after your first few battles you only need to press one button without thinking twice.
I will speed up hunting for drops, personas or just grinding.

Have you never seen the UI for a Japanese game before? They love having English in the UI for style points. It really doesn't bother me personally but the Japanese text will be totally unnecessary for the English release so it will most likely be removed anyway.

As for your complaint about the status displays for each party members, I'm an artfag and I'd love to just shit all over you for not understanding how good the design is over all, but instead I'll just point out that for active party members, adding the actual HP/SP labels doesn't hurt the design whatsoever. Whether a party member is active or inactive, the numbers are the same size, and visibility is enhanced by using a contrasting teal and pink on a black, semi-transparent background. What changes when a party member becomes active is that a white / appears to help separate and distinguish the numbers more and the background has now changed from merely functional to something that resembles a mugshot letter board. This helps you to easily distinguish who's the active party member and the HP/SP labels aren't doing anything offensive, they're just filling up space that would otherwise be empty. No, I don't think there's anyone who would be confused without the labels, but I think the labels do a better job to balance the design compared to stretching the numbers, which might in fact them less legible if they had any more height to them.

FYI, the point of moving the status displays along the bottom is so that they won't be covered up during negotiations.

does anyone realize that the persona summon sound effect joker got in daybreakers is exactly that used in persona 2?

>the more menus the better, user says, smugly reassuring himself

More importantly
That was a water skill
WATER

I wonder who that mysterious man off in the distance is?

I can't tell if that's a beak or just a part of that gray thing behind him

it wasn't tho? it was one of the dark skills, you can tell cause they show the boss stabbed by dark blades right after. the glow was just blue for some reason

considering the horrendous quality of this image,I couldn't tell you

I believe he's talking about Mitras' attack as Joker was summoning Arsene, I think it was just a nuclear attack rather than water though.

>J-j-j-j-j-just mem-mem-memorize it brah!

>mfw we've been obsessing over medicine masks for weeks over some chinks whose eyes are bad so they couldn't see it WASN'T a beak

SAY GORO IS A PARTY MEMBER AGAIN AND I'LL HAVE HASHINO COME TO YOUR HOUSE WITH A KNIFE, YOU FILTHY SPOILER-LOVING GAIJINS

This isn't an argument, and if you're incapable of memorizing inputs after repeatedly doing them you might have brain damage. Fuck off.

>Its not an argument because I say so

You sure told me

Maybe it's more obvious on a bigger screen

I thought that maybe the characters in the back get closer to the screen as you go through options but that might not be the case.

So where's your argument?

If you're incapable of memorizing one button inputs you're incapable of playing virtually any video game and have less mental capacity than a 3 year old. This stutterposting is just sad, the bait is so dull I think you're actually mad about this

The other character's masks are white too so it definitely makes sense.

GORO EITHER DIES OR IS THE TRAITOR

now, I know the people that post in here about this know what they're doing, but there have to be a shitload of people that do this and just skip through all the text and don't worry about it till an english release. I wouldn't hesitate to call that kind of person an EOP

>everyone is wearing their normal clothes
>except for the guy in the back who's just in a black cloak

8 people, no Morgana, unless Morgana look human

>except for the guy in the back who's just in a black cloak
that is a bench, he's red too
from what I remember they said that Morgana runs around somewhere

FUTABA'S FUTABUTT

>J-j-j-j-j-just mem-mem-memorize it brah!

Remember when inputs were just siumple and slick with no c;utter?

angry midget!

>Yusuke bullying Futaba

Good lord Yusuke... just give her the lobster! You such a fucking bully

what's funny about this is how on that menu you actually have to memorize what 4 buttons did too

Kamoshida sucking Anne up his Jewish nose!

YUSUKE FUCKS LOBSTERS

Does /pg/ wear hoodies when they go to the beach?

YUSUKE PLEASES OLD LOBSTERS FOR ART SUPPLIES

I haven't been to the beach since I was in grade school

>P3/P4 menu
>two button commands
>P5 menu
>six button commands

You're really bad at math

>one week release from Japanese release

My heart is filled with emptiness for lack of release date announcement of Korean version, which the only language I can understand besides English and will be undubbed, making it far superior than American release.