Why is Veeky Forums so terrible?

I know metathreads are frowned upon, but why is Veeky Forums so fucking awful?

Guys dumping their money in penny stocks, guys shilling for cryptocurrencies, guys overly praising gold, this one market crash spammer, ZeroHedge-tier reasoning, etc. etc.

Recommend me some better trading/money forums, here you have to wade through too much shit to get to the few good posts

Get the fuck out.

Buy potcoin.

Kek buy eth

/pol/ has leaked onto other boards to the point where they think they run the site. They unironically believe Veeky Forums has always been racist idiots and /pol/ is older than 5 years.

pretty much any financial forum would be better.

Don't forget the jackass who always makes threads about Chad.

There are better sites out there. Veeky Forums was originally a containment board to keep cryptofags in. Still is I guess.
I'm not into cryptocoins but I come here sometimes anyway. Some good threads here and there.

got some specific recommendations on sites? I knew a few and stumbled upon futures.io a few days ago. Seems interesting to say the least. Tho other sites I know are pretty niche, I'd rather not delve to deep into a goldbug forum.

>muh thoughtcrime

Go back to whatever liberal hugbox you came from, nu-male.

>but why is Veeky Forums so fucking awful?
because there's a lot of NEETs on here who think there's a shortcut to riches that doesn't involve hard work

And naturally because it's so high traffic there will always be shills.

Also with such a wide demographic covered as Veeky Forums, quite frankly only a minority of people on Veeky Forums are not people who are seasoned or professional investors, businessmen etc.

>Recommend me some better trading/money forums, here you have to wade through too much shit to get to the few good posts
Can't help you there, but interested to see if anything gets mentioned. I snooped around Reddit a while back and couldn't find anything worthwhile.

what?

unlike you, Veeky Forums can afford to gamble on memes.. go back to your term deposits and bonds, Grandpa

r/Wallstreetbets is alright. It's essentially just investing related shitposting.

I'd like to find a good value investing forum though.

limp wristed faggots like you tried to kill /pol/ in 2013, but they failed. Now were the dominant culture on Veeky Forums with the most popular board second only to /b/. If you don't like that then find another website to have safe space in

Most of the user-base on Veeky Forums are college kids who don't know shit about anything. You get a bunch of said college kids who have never had their first real job before and give them a place to brag about how good they are at business and Veeky Forums is the result of that.

thanks for the rec.

yeah, sure ... it's sad to see kids losing half their capital to one "sure thing" penny stock. To be honest I don't get why these guys not just dump their cash into an etf or more well-known stock. They'd have done better just buying AMZN and holding.

What else do you want Veeky Forums to be? It's a board on a Vietnamese wedding site.

I've made a lot of money off of penny stocks.

You can make fun of crypto all you want and say ETh is a mess, but now two major financial institutions (Santander and jp Morgan) are using the block chain.

If you have all the answers then why are you even on a board to begin with? Invest in an index fund and leave us alone.

You just sounds so fucking bitter dude.

I'm not bitter. Veeky Forums could be better, that's it. More focused on the subject, like /diy/.

Congrats on your returns, but I guess you're the lucky one out of 10, or maybe even out of 100.

And I don't claim to have all the answers, that's why I come here and that's why I began this discussion in the first place. Veeky Forums has potential, and I think that anonymity generates more honest answers.

>luck

mate, have you never invested in growth shares? Look at companies between a market cap of 50mil-1 bil, or even 2 bil.

There are some great small companies out there which you can invest in for capital gains and dividend growth

> it's sad to see kids losing half their capital

I dont think it happens too often here, but its good for a bit of a laugh. I manage my trade positions carefully so i dont incurr massive ass-destroying losses. volatile shit is fun. With ETF's, theres really not much to talk about. And I own ETFs too.

do you use stop-losses or do you just strictly monitor your positions?

I think the majority of the stocks discussed here don't even qualify as real growth stocks.

I saw so many charts here that looked good at first glance, only to find out that these companies were once big and lost 99 percent of their value, devolving into a penny stock. There seem to be an awful lot of bets on companies which barely survived the dotcom meltdown.

>asks why the board is so shit while contributing to the shittiness of the board
Wew

There are some financially successful people here with good advices but they sure as hell aren't people in the penny stock betting threads. Too many kiddies looking for a quick buck.

It's a hilarious logic fail, repeatedly.

"You know penny stocks suck balls, right?"
>That's all I can afford
"Oh, alright. I guess that's a good strategy then. Better than saving money until you can buy actual stocks."

Why do these guys do this. Even with as little as 1500$ you could've bought 2 AMZN-shares. 50 percent in just a year. For a stock, a massive return. Sure, not as massive as some penny stocks, but a lot safer.

Also why dont these guys trade options with cash settlements? Could've done better with just betting this way on better companies.

>Why do these guys do this
Because they view it as a lottery, regardless of the instrument.
Which means they consider you the sucker, because your ticket cost $750, while theirs cost 3 cents.

but that's just bullshit. It doesn't matter if a stock is worth 1, 10, or a 100$. All that matters is the % change. And the chances are so much better if you actually invest into a company which has a great market share and a fairly stable business, not depending on a FDA clearance.

But I guess you're right with your comparison with lottery tickets.

Welcome to Veeky Forums newfag

If you have something to contribute, say it in an actual thread not some 'holier-than-thou' shitpost.

>To be honest I don't get why these guys not just dump their cash into an etf or more well-known stock. They'd have done better just buying AMZN and holding.
uh... cause its fun?

>It doesn't matter if a stock is worth 1, 10, or a 100$. All that matters is the % change
It's not bullshit.
The % change is much, much more likely in a listed equity. Your argument only works if the stocks are on equal footing, which they aren't.
You might as well claim it's a better idea to buy a car for $500 that you don't get to see, versus paying $10,000 for one that you do.
It "could" be worth a lot, right?

way to prove him right

Then create some threads in your interest instead of asking why this boards sucks.

Well, what the fuck do you expect out of an imageboard?

The format of how websites like this work mean that they have to be focused, by necessity, on short-term topics. You can't talk about long-term propositions, such as real estate or value investing, to say nothing about actual entrepreneurialism that takes effort, or that takes weeks/months/years to play out. How long does a Veeky Forums thread last? A few days or so before it reaches page 10 and is archived?

This is a website that prioritizes short-term topics. In finance/business terms, that generally means a) stock trading, b) currency trading (including cryptos), c) penny stocks (because you can make a bunch of them if you're lucky/in bed with the people pumping 80% of them), and such.

Then there is stuff like this and , which are on-point. The demographics of this website as a whole tend to be either NEETs or college-kids who are just breaking out into the world. Few posters have actually achieved much, and those that do don't really have that much a reason to post quite often.

The inevitable result is that you get a bunch of young (predominantly college age), undereducated (particularly in terms of finance) people who want to make money now (since they tend to lack it) and see trading/cryptos/penny stocks as a ticket to easy money with a bit of adrelanine rush and self-visualization as a badass Wall Street trader.

Can you SERIOUSLY see someone here taking the time to write down a decent argument for why company X is going to be worth Y in Z months/years, and people having the patience to go along with it for that time span?

I can't.

This. First r9k started camping out here. Then pol or some other trog board took over and stated meme stock "overthemoon" hype on just about every new IPO these past months. Mostly people learn most of the stuff off experience like: Listen to Jim Cramer types, get shilled, learn not to over speculate based on circumstantial and herd instincts. Other forums I see quite alot other people keep quiet just occasional newbs asking for 1 yr 150% yield, or Dumbkopf threads promising 300% returns less the fact 66% risk

Dude. Have you seen gold futures? Literally they are the 7th day Adventists of investing. Whenever the economy does go to shit inflation will be so bad gold will be dragged down as well. Gold futures is not a standalone hedge, it's speculated, fiat, and completely ridiculous.Unless you can guess ahead of time when market crashes prior 1 w and bought, otherwise good way to lose money. You might as well go to some investment guru site and have his/her fans argue you the finer point of Keynesian/Austrian Economics and how why market forces will trump speculation in the SHORT run (!?!?)

>be on other boards and blame /pol/ for how shitty your board is
>(((You)))