/bdog/ Black Desert Online General

compensating for something edition

New awakenings every two weeks
forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/110189-awakening-announcement/

Don't forget to get your Awakening Gift Pack each day for 1 loyalty.

Korean gobbly-gook:
inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=4123&l=2224

>What is BDO?

Black Desert Online is an MMORPG by Pearl Abyss that was recently released for western audiences, with additional changes. It features action-oriented combat, open world PVP territory control, player housing, and more.

Info from the site: i.imgur.com/r7VvB6h.png

>I heard it's P2W

Lots of paid convenience features; and some cash shop items are able to be sold to other players on the marketplace, but maximum price caps restrict making unreasonable bank from them.

>Discord
discord.gg/0vYcIJNhxt5cd4pK (join at your own risk)

>/bdog/ guilds
pastebin.com/9ctV1ig8
>Guides
pastebin.com/VH3XrCYb

>Maps and nodes

blackdesertfoundry.com/map/#4/-8.89/-25.22
blackdeserttome.com/map/
bdomap.mmoguild.org/

>Useful Links
Wiki: blackdeserttome.com/wiki/BDO_Tome
Database: bddatabase.net/us/
Skill Calculator: blackdeserttome.com/calculator
Class Armor Sets: wodox.imgur.com/
Else: Google it before posting

>BDO KR/JP info + differences between NA/EU
pastebin.com/P2YqnsCX

Previous thread:

>early

wew lad

>i7 for video game

game runs fine on my i5 3570 i dont know what you guys are talking about.

I see you haven't gone to calpheon yet

event medals are finally gone

rip

>complaining about framerate drop when there are 100 people standing around you

Its pretty standard in mmos for the auction house area to get laggy. You could spend a lot to have the most high end system possible and still get frame drops there. It also has to do with packets. A lot of korean mmos use these huge packets that fuck with nics sometimes, you can get problems in crowded areas due to that.

At any rate i can navigate the crowdest fishing spots/bank areas with a playable frame rate still so its all good. The rest of the game is smooth.

yet eggs still exist

There would be improvement with a better CPU thus you could use a better CPU. I don't know what YOU'RE talking about denying it.

I think his point is that people are telling some guy to get an i7 when he doesn't need one.

The guy was unsatisfied with his performance

you guys are retarded

And he could get better performance by upgrading his i5 without forking out more for an i7

runs fine on my fx8350 as well. just not 144fps fine. only around 70.

It's actually surprising. I don't usually run MMO's above 30 with my 8350.

He could, or he could get an i7 that would give him the kind of fps he wants.

Dude, the difference would be marginal even if he splashed out on a high end i7. You're not even considering graphic quality.

>give him the kind of fps he wants
the entire point is it wouldn't. It might improve it some in specific situations, but its not going to give an overall increase, and there will still be situations where other issues are causing performance problems due to latency. Look at how bad popin is in this game. Korean mmos are designed for massive bandwidth and like 20ms latency. Any time lots of players are coming and going theres going to be problems with network lag degrading performance, even causing stuttering and problems that will appear to be framerate issues. As long as the game runs fine out of town, its running fine, if you ever put an i7 in a machine not meant for video editing or cryptography or something like that you are being an idiot. Spending money is not going to improve his overall experience notably, and if he wanted to spend money there are better things to spend it on. His processor is just perfect for this game.

>using intel

I wish I went Intel. My AMD has been nothing but a disappointment over the years.

what are your systems specs?

m5a99fx pro r2.0
8gb ddr3 1866mhz G.Skill Sniper Series
fx8350 at 4.4ghz wont overclock higher.
R9 290x Sapphire Tri-X

i think you made poor choices on both your MB and your video card.

you also didnt say what type of storage drive you have.

I don't remember the names but i've got 1 250gb ssd, a 60gb ssd, 500gb HDD and a 1tb WD HDD,

The video card has been nothing short of amazing. The CPU bottlenecks in most games though, especially mmos, though this ones been fine.

I see no reason to upgrade the video card any time soon, it was competing with the 780ti back when I got it, and its only gotten better since.

ditch the asus for gigabyte
toss out your sapphire and get xfx

xfx is garbage, their fans die early. Last one I had lasted 6 months. Sapphire is the best brand for amd cards.

My next upgrade when I get around to it will be tossing out the motherboard and the cpu and getting an intel board and an i7. probably 4790k.

I got a worker token for heidel but everytime i try to use it it says i need more housing, I have like 3 houses and a maxed out 5 level storage there and only 1 other worker so wtf is the deal?

I don't even know how to use workers i just want to get the token out of my inventory.

Naive workers are a waste so just vendor/delete the thing. You need to rent Lodging for workers, not residences or storage.

ive never had a xfx fan go out on me. have you ever done crossfire or SLI? i'd get more ram if i was you, too.

which EU guild do I join? What's the difference between the two?

Is the character creator floating around anywhere?

It is not.

Thanks user. That sucks though.

So is the NA/ Uno server dead? I've been playing for a while and I Do by notice a lot of people.

Edan is the NA server, the others are poop.

Sardine is dead, PettanCo is not.

SSD helps when you have alot of assets to load and it cuts loading times.

i7 5930k and GTX 1080 over here and there's some stuttering when you go full tilt on a horse in the middle of a crowded town.

>first t8
>it's the model i wanted
>starts with two seater
wew lad

Rolling in relic shards

I'm not complaining, 70fps average is plenty fine on max settings, minus high-end mode.

Much better than I expected, and it's not like this is an fps where I really want the 144 fps.

i can't find any underwear that i like.

You like le vladian

I like Lahr Arcien B

My ap/dp is like 120/145, I can't even fight sausans alone without dying. I've been playing since launch, though not efficiently and not ultra dedicated. There's not a single decent guild out there that would want me.

The only pvp I get to experience is being cucked out of helms by players who clearly don't need to be grinding helms anymore. I've never killed another player in this game.

Lately I've just been gathering black shards in hopes to save up and buy myself a new weapon. I fucking despise RNGing for upgrades, so I just save money and buy to save money and avoid feeling slighted.

Is there any hope for me? Why am I still saving money? If I ever get a decent weapon upgrade, will there be something rewarding afterward, or will i just get cucked by the NEET guilds who dominate the server and be just as aimless as I am now? Will there ever be a level cap to even the playing field? Or will casuals continue to exist only to validate the existance of overpowered NEETs?

Why is this game so amazing and so shit at the same time?

Uno is literal shit-tier

just look at this actual retard;

You don't have to be good at everything. Or anything.

Just have fun playing, and do whatever's fun for you to make it fun.

>fishing for relic shards instead of just gathering sharp black crystals all day

How many do you even rake in? even with the event going, I only pull 1 relic per ~75 casts. 45ish minutes for like, 2 mil.

+5 barehand gathering tulips, I get about 1 crystal per 120 energy, and that only takes me like 10 minutes.

Am I fishing wrong or something?

>have 10+ outfits
>still like the basic bitch armor
its just so comfy

why are you stupid fugs still playing this game? lol just give up and switch to good games like BNS

looks frumpy.

Go away werety!

idk i was trying a bunch of games including eso and ffxiv.

Just liking this one a lot. I like the freedom and the grind.

I just like thats its not showing off skin everywhere, its a nice change from the usual slutty outfit looks

Problem is, i'm not good at anything.
I want to fight stonger mobs, but I die.
I want to party up to grind sausans, but no one wants my low ap/dp.
I want to join a fun guild, but the only guilds that really get to do fun guild things are the strongest guilds.
I want to try whaling but I don't even know where to start.

and for fucks sake I want to be put in an arena with people my level and fight them. I'm all for open world PvP, it's good for freedom and atmosphere, but I currently have no way to practice pvp without flagging up and most likely getting shit on.

The mechanics of this game are fun and feel great, but it's missing they only two things that allow hobbyist(non-neet) players to improve themselves through skillful play: Arena pvp and non-raid bossing.

There's plenty that aren't like that.

Eckett is real good for instance. Berns my favorite though. for sorc anyways.

I don't really keep count of the stuff I get but last night I got 4 shards in 2 hours though that's just down to luck. I always get more relic shards from mobs around Trent but I can't do that while AFK.

>scene hair
>muh heterochromia

You tried so hard to be unique that you ended up looking like everybody else.

>muh buzzwords
That's not heterochromia.

I own all the outfits besides bern, and eckett is my goto for cashshop outfit now

I don't mean to sound prude, its just boring wearing the same slutwear all the time

cant really do anything about the hair, sorry, its literally the best and most photogenic sorc hair (in my opinion, before you get triggered)

>heterochromia
I don't think that even counts as heterochromia if you are blind in one eye

I didn't really try hard at all to be unique (I mean fuck I went with basic brown hair and eye), I was basing it off a character that I already play in guildwars2

thanks for the bad opinion

here my gw2 char

Looks like rose mcgowan

>drosera

what up familio

What sever are you on and do you erp?

its been a long time famygdala
hows hope?

farm elrics, helms is shit. I made 3 mil an hour or so on turnins/vendor trash on elrics, and anywhere from 500k-5mil extra per hour on drops.

I did this as a valk with only 114ap/150dp. You should be able to do it even better as anything else since apparently valks are shit.

No underwear is best underwear.

I just bought a basic black one with out any stockings. Its basically never seen but for the black strap when im wearing armor, which looks better than the white strap.

But im not the same kind of degenerate as most and i prefer to dress modestly.

same old, same old, gw2 chugs along with its slow yet constant stream of new players, so we always get newfags joining here and there, and not much drama going down anymore ingame or in the thread which is nice

I might go for something like that

thats what I did

sounds comfy familia
tell faeq i said hi
t. ana/cassandra

ill pass it along bro, he will be happy to hear from you

thanks
i miss it tbqh
for as shit as gw2 and gw2g are, hope was a real comfy home

Haven't touched this shit since release.

Have they released new classes or awakenings yet?

Is the cash shop still ultra jewish with a single costume being like $40?

READ THE OP YOU FROGPOSTING FUCK

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm glad you thought so, a lot of newfriends have made it their home now and feel the same way you do

but games get boring, or you move on, shit happens, don't dwell on it too much, just remember and enjoy the good times instead of missing them

but its nice catching up, are you a bdog player now? or you were just skimming and saw my pic lol

>catfag is the leader of gw2 Veeky Forums guild

>being posted about in 3rd person in 2 generals now
you guys are weird

warrior awakening is uot, sorceress awakening next week, witch awakening was teased. Maehwa/musa are out, so are kunoichi/ninja.

You can buy cash shop items in the marketplace now for a pittance, so other nerds can spend the 40 dollarydoos for you.

skimming, wanted to see if it was worth installing all the updates i've missed and if you can make high test characters
mostly play bns now, though

Hey guys, I am getting back into black desert and I can't seem to log into any of my old characters, I just get a constant disconnected before I get into the game. if I make a new character I just get disconnected halfway through making it, what do?

Alright sounds cool. Might even give it another go soon.

Can you buy all cash shop items for ingame currency now? I think last time I played pets were a cash shop exclusive thing.

y

well for one fishing is an activity you dont have to be present for

Least he didn't call us b-dog

No all cash shop items aren't marketable. Underwear and utility costumes aren't, like the maid outfit and ghillie suit.

Pets, normal outfits and value packs are marketable.

tbqh anyone can lead a Veeky Forums guild

the updates are mostly for 55+ progression, so you'll have to spend some time getting gud gear and such to get through it, the places are pretty though so it was worth it for screenshots and stuff, but I don't know what your goals are in general

I've seen some posters with mods that can remove the limit on proportions, so that might be something to look into

>bns
im not fond of pvp focused games, it just didn't clique with me even trying to run around in the pve with flusi

>play bns

but why? what's interesting about that game? cause it doesn't look interesting.

anyone can run a Veeky Forums guild into the ground too

you can make very high test characters they just dont happen to be in this thread yet

read the op holy shit fucking hell?

>scientific term
>buzzword

I think you've spent too much time out of school.

Eyes of two different colors. hetero (different) chromia (coloration).

kys

oh! thats why tobias was always shitposting about him, he said something about gw2 guild before

i guess its my time to shine
general combat is really fun in my opinion, but the end game is shit
also the sliders are great

>making fun of blind people

your mother clearly didn't raise you right.

nigga its just called being blind if you are blind, also white isn't a color

If you were as smart as you try to appear then you'd know it doesn't apply to blindness.

Get fucking wrecked son.

Sorry i mistook your special snowflake eye for something less autistic than a physical defect.

But i see you have a thing for girls who are blind in one eye so i'll let you fuck off with your strange fetish and shit taste in aesthetics